Spatz Laboratories Employee Reviews

not a good place to demanding rude and agressive when it comes to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 25, 2017
I wouldnt work there is it was up to me but people have nesesities and its only temporary like a round a month and half working around 15hrs everyday.
Pros
alot of overtime
Cons
small breaks with a ling way to walk to get your meals and really demanding
Productive place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 2, 2017
It was a productive environment always have to be up working with the machines and taking on new tast as an operator. Great company to work for something new.
It was a fun place too work I really liked my job but the organization was just too unorganized when it came too my job!
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CADecember 2, 2016
My Experience at Spatz was really good socially but working wise the company was really un organized when it came too the parking lots and hiring people they would hire too many people and not have enough parking spots for them!
Pros
Taco truck rite outside and the people were interesting
Cons
No communication from supervisors when ur not assigned too anything
Spatz
Lab (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 2, 2016
Spatz Labs has some great managers and some medicare managers. Ownership of the company is focused on the bottom line and not very concerned with the quality of life of their employees. For example, no PTO is allowed to be taken during the months of November and December. They are also making several Saturdays and Sundays mandatory to work.
Good work environment
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  1600 Westar Dr, Oxnard, CA 93033October 23, 2016
It's a nice environment to work on n have a nice crew. Good work ethnic nice supervisor n it's fun u learn a lot of good things.
Productive place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CASeptember 28, 2016
Nice environment very faced paced. It's a enjoyable place to work in. Management and co-workers are easy to get along. You get very expensive prizes if you meet their goal.
High pace environment
Lead (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 13, 2016
Great place to learn Sig Sigma/Lean methods. Most of the people make working fun. The company is growing every month. Change is always going on. Management actually listens to employees.
Pros
CAN LEARN A LOT in different work areas.
Cons
Pay somewhat low..
Good schedule
Operator (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 10, 2016
Learned different things. How to assemble and pack and also have higher position .Good schedule not to early and not to late sometimes with overtime. Atypical day at work was to go in and do your job and succeed the best you can. Hardest job was trying to stay focus because it can be Hot in the place.
Great workplace.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 8, 2016
Fun fast paced work. Friendly co-workers. Set schedule but flexible with the employees needs and days off. The job wasn't hard to do but the goal of the amount of work that had to be done within a time period was difficult to meet.
Easy Money
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 22, 2016
If you need a job straight out of High School, go here, but leave the high school drama tendencies behind.

Typical Day: Wear hairnet and glasses. Finish daily quotas (Packing, Assembling products, Decorating barrels, etc.). Shift's lead may move you around depending on the priority. Fast paced.
Learning: Very easy to learn everything as leads will guide you and answer your questions. Don't be shy to ask fellow co-workers either! If you aren't good in one spot, they find position best suited for you. Spanish friendly. [Hablan espaƱol.]
Management: Won't comment much, but needs work/help.
Co-Workers: Will find great co-workers, mostly friendly, will always be some rotten apples. Be careful who you talk to though, because news WILL spread fast. Use common sense and do not get too personal.
Hardest Part: Putting your all into reaching your goal and having tired feet and back from standing in one spot. Also, hard to avoid hearing drama.
Most enjoyable: Work related; learning how to make the products for different customers. Environment; learning about the lives of the diverse co-workers.

All in all, a very good starter job and to make easy money. Second shift is a bit more lenient while first shift is very demanding. First shift is also more crowded making parking difficult. Avoid getting mentally stressed by being polite to leads and focusing on your task rather than the "chisme". Wish they allowed workers a discount for certain products we helped make.

Also, please be mindful and do not release any info of products/customers you happen to hear. Would not want people
  more... to lose this easy job for those in need.  less
Pros
Easy to learn, good experience, easy money
Cons
Hot Summers, No AC, Long Periods of Standing, Drama-Prone, Dusty, Not Spacious, bad parking
Big Company
Batch&Fill Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 8, 2016
This company has a lot of employees and is expanding everyday. A typical day at work consist of getting a request from the sales team and than completing the request according to the customers request. Management was very nice, understanding and helpful. My co-workers were very friendly but a majority of them didn't speak English to well. The hardest part of the job was having a lack of equipment to get the job done especially when there were a lot of requests to get done.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Alot of employees not enough space
working with raw material
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 24, 2016
early morning shifts long hours. Read and following instruction on measuring and mixing product for make up. was only provided with lab coat, hair net and safety glasses. No benefits. The Turn over rate was high. I love that I could see how make up was made from start to finished but the down fall is that the make up particles made me cough and sick.
Pros
seeing something from start to finish how it is made
Cons
no benefits and long hours no home life
Sweat Shop
Line Assembly (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 6, 2016
The pay is very minimal for the amount of work that is requested with no benefits and a long term of achieving until you are even reconsidered to be an actual part of the company. To many alpha female workers in the building would require much envy to one another which made the work environment very uncomfortable.
Pros
na
Cons
na
a great place to learn new things
QA tester (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 9, 2015
I loved the way my employer treated me.
the way we work as part of a team to get to our goals.
its a respectful environment where most employees were happy to be there
Pros
job stability
Cons
pay rate
Spatz
RCI Lead (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAOctober 9, 2014
Unclean work environment with little room to advance. Minimum wage was about all you can get. Promised a promotion by management and even the owners for over a year but never received it.
It was a terrible work experience that I wish I do not have again
packer (Former Employee) –  1600 Westar Dr, Oxnard, CA 93033October 7, 2014
The work was fast paced, product had to be packaged and quotas had to be made. Some of the managers were persecuting towards other employees making it uncomfortable to work there. It was hard to interact with fellow employees as everyone worked individually. Expectations were unrealistically high for new hires, if you did not meet the standards you were fired. The work loads were intense so the most enjoyable part of working there was the breaks.
Pros
Having breaks
Cons
Strict work rules
Productive job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oxnard CaFebruary 3, 2014
when working there my job was to put make up together labels and make boxes. the co workers were alright but i would rather work in a friendly environment. the most enjoyable of the job was that i was able to work hard and meet new people.
Pros
it always kept me busy and that was i like.
Cons
i didnt like standing in one spot for so many hours
great place to work
Sr Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 8, 2014
I loved working here and would have gone back to them after the layoff but found a job which took me out of state.
Pros
great managment, good atmosphere
Cons
corporate doesnt seem to know how to run the place from afar
Ok
Cosmetic Assembler- Summer job (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 16, 2013
A typical work day would be assembling make up products, loading machines with barrels.
Production Line
Cosmetic Assembler/Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAOctober 16, 2013
I have learned about cosmetic assembly.
I was selected to do Kaizen
I have worked on 2 different lines
Cons
short breaks, no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spatz Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5