Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital

Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Busy but very productive
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: difficult environment to work
The salary was very good. The benefits at BMC were excellent but have greatly changed. It is a union environment which could be good and bad. Spaulding Rehab is busy but the patient are very well care for. An excellent place to work and to rehab if you are not afraid to work hard physically and mentally.
the company it is a great teaching hospital with great employees.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 10, 2015
I do enjoy to work at Spaulding Cambridge because everyday it is a learning experience.
The atmosphere, the team work it is always a plus, besides the great level of education of the employees.
Inspirational and eye-opening
Graduate Student Clinician (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2015
My day began at 6AM and usually finished by 4PM. I primarily worked with patients with spinal cord injuries focusing on swallowing and cognitive-communication goals. Days were fast-paced, challenging, and immeasurably rewarding.
Okay I guess
Secretary (Part Time) (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 1, 2014
Pros: good discounts on phone
Cons: very lazy and unprofessinal employees
I work there Part time just to have something to do on the weekends. They are pretty much an okay company to work for. They have parking if you drive. They also have a few MBTA buses they go near there. Some of the nurses actually care about the patients maybe an handful on my floor. Part time weekend manager who recently left was very unprofessional and will make anyone look bad to make herself look good. A lot of favoritism and jealousy which is sad to say because I have never experienced that in my 26 years of working.
Learning Experience
Class Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Sandwich, MAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: can sometimes miss the vein
I worked as a Phlebotomist while managing 2 other jobs at spaulding. I enjoyed the challenge of having three jobs total at the same time. It kept me busy. This was my first phlebotomy job. I learned a lot from an old school phlebotomist. I really loved the processing the most. I got to draw the sample and then spin it with the centrifuge. It was exciting and fast past.
Excellence is what they stand for
SENIOR INTAKE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 30, 2014
Amazing company and benefits. I worked in the Admissions Office for 6 years and it was an amazing learning environment
It has its ups and downs
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Charlestown, MASeptember 3, 2014
Good place to learn. But there is a lot of internal bickering between employees.
Awesome experience at Spaulding's new hospital.
Rehab Aide, Temporary (Former Employee), Boston, MassachusettsMay 28, 2014
I worked as a rehabilitation assistant for Spaulding Rehabilition in Boston, MA. As an Occupational Therapy student at the University of New England I learned so much working on the Stroke floor, Brain and Spinal Cord injury floor and also some work on the Pediatric floor. The staff and managers are very dedicated to quality work with their patients and team members. A day at work is very busy with co-treating patients and completing other assignments but it a very enjoyable position.
Great work environment
Nursing Assistant/PCA- Nursing Department (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 9, 2014
• Ensured that patient care plan was carried out as directed.
• Patient general care was provided such as positioning, lifting and turning, and using adaptive and transfer equipment per established guidelines.
• Conducted patient monitoring activities such as vital signs and blood glucose were performed per established guidelines.
• Prepared patients for meals, assisted when appropriate to meet patients’ need.
• Performed patient rounds regularly and call lights were answered promptly to meet patients’ needs.
• Effectively communicated with patients, their families and medical staff to ensure the best quality of patient care.
• Acted as floater- experience working on a variety of floors with stroke, brain injury, spinal cord, burn and amputee and pediatric patients.
Reasonable place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 17, 2014
No micromanagement. Employees treated well. Comfortable environment.
Provide direct patient care to children ages one week-20 years old in an acute rehab
Pediatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Charlestown, MAMarch 23, 2014
Great place to work. I enjoyed the interdisciplinary collaboration with other healthcare professionals, and patient education.
A good place to work before retirement.
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: monday to friday 7-5 hours
Cons: no chance for career advancement.
Early morning rush of samples, but afternoons are slow. Coworkers are knowledgeable and easy to work with. Management does not leave his office, have never seen him out in the lab working or learning a bench. Very rare to find a lab where all employees can have lunch together at the same time.
Secretary
Secretary (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: allot of benifits and advancement opportunities
Cons: i'm part time, per diem every other sunday
Typically the hospital is pretty busy. From answering phones all day and enter doctors orders. I enter doctors order when
I come in first. Then I update the computer system with the current patients info and their nurses and CNAs for the day. Then I schedule any appointments fax over doctor orders and file them as well. Direct and answer any phone calls to a doctor or nurse when a patients family member calls or another doctor. Then basically as more doctor orders come in i enter them in the system. I do get a lunch break the cafe is pretty nice and the employees are all hard working. They are really fun to chit chat with while you are on break.
Nice environment and and productive workplace
Security Officer (per-diem) (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 19, 2013
Enjoy working alongside with my co-workers and other staff as well. what i learned at spaulding is how to communicate and work together as a team to get things done.I learned that you must always be alert and make sure there is nothing out of the ordinary around the premises.
loved the job
Certified Respiratory Therapist Full Time (Current Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 11, 2013
Spaulding is a great place to work but the distance I am driving is taking it's toll on me and my vehicle
Busy outpatient clinic
Administrative Assistant/ Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee), Salem, MAAugust 27, 2013
Large, busy outpatient therapy clinic offers several therapy services including physical therapy, occupational therapy and pain managment
New state of the art facility
Mechanic/Carpenter (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 7, 2013
world renown Hospital with quality care for it's patients.
Spaulding provides the utmost in rehabilitative care for patients.
Clinical Nurse Manager, Stroke/Neurology Program (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 21, 2013
Pros: great benefits, fabulous skilled and compassionate staff, highly professional milieu.
Cons: commute, too many administrative changes over 10 years.
I worked at Spaulding for 10 years as a Nurse Manager. The role was fulfilling and provided me with a sense of value. My co-workers and direct reports were some of the most compassionate hard workers that I had ever had the pleasure of working with. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the progress that patient's made in the course of their rehab as well as to see the staff advance their careers. I had the pleasure of mentoring many CNA's to BSN's and RN's to MSN's over 10 years.

The upper management had many changes over the 10 years that I worked there. This created a challenge to middle management staff in maintaining consistent practice of their direct reports.This was one of the more difficult parts of the job. In addition, the 3-4 hour commute to and from Boston daily was prohibitive.
Interactive and pleasant atmosphere
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 11, 2013
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital is a fantastic place to work. It is a small rehabilitation hospital that is renowned as a superior rehab facility.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 17, 2013
Enjoyed this opportunity, typical day including checking in patients, enjoyed working with doctors and learning every opportunity.