Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

Rewarding job good people work there
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandwich, MAJuly 19, 2017
Spaulding is a good place to work even better to be a patient. Top notch care.
Busy all day from start to finish very diverse patient base. Patients have a minimum stay of a week or up to four depending on insurance. The therapy they receive is one of the best in the country in fact Spaulding ranks sixth among rehabilitation hospitals.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Pay and short staffed
learned a lot!
Diet Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJuly 13, 2017
Great place to work! learned so much about a day to day job of a dietitian and diet tech and overall how a hospital runs and operates!
learned all about calorie counting, different meal plans for patients etc.
Strong research culture
Spinal Cord Injury Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJune 12, 2017
There is a large base of clinical researchers leading a multitude of studies in conjunction with Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital. Job security is a weak point.
Pros
Freedom in completing tasks, few deadlines
Cons
Aimless leadership at times
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 20, 2017
Spaulding performs miracles! It was great to be a part of some of the things that they were able to accomplish with patients. They truly know what theyre doing and treat staff great.
Excellent work environment
Health Psychologist (Current Employee) –  East Sandwich, MAApril 18, 2017
Fabulous team of experience rehabilitation health professionals. Management is very supportive. Excellent physical environment/work setting on Cape Cod.
productive , very busy.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 3, 2017
by the time I get to work which is about 7:30am, we are assigned to 4-6 patient , we are to wash them, help them with daily activities and any other things they need. Hardest part of the job is time management and making sure everything is done by 3:30pm .
Pros
we get out out of work at 3:30pm
Cons
the day starts early and we get a short lunch break.
fun good place to work
Diet Tech (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 19, 2016
This is a good place to work I work in two different departments there and they are both challenging in their own ways but rewarding
Nice workplace
Human Resources Internship (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 4, 2016
Nice co-workers and director. comfortable environment. I have learned more skills about Human Resources in hospital.
I enjoyed work for Spaulding Hopsital
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 30, 2015
patient swould be admitted with no secondary insurance I would assist patient and families apply for additional Insurance.There patients and families had very difficult issue I would help all members of the families to resolve there issue.
My manager help me understand the difference between the Mass health community vs Long Term Care.

The hardest part of my job getting to know the patients and families to find out the patient had pass away.

Helping the patients and there families with all different issues.
Great environment and great staff
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  cambridge, maOctober 15, 2015
Spaulding Rehab Hospital Cambridge is a great hospital to work for and it comes with great benefits as well. Spaulding is part of the Partners Network which is always a plus to have the ability to move around in the company without losing your benefits. The environment is great to a part of and the staff is equally as great.
Pros
Staff, leadership, flexibility
Cons
pay compensation could be a bit better

Want to know more about Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital?

Ask a question
Amazing teaching hospital
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 21, 2015
As a nursing assistant and nursing student I was able to learn so much from the entire health care team. Everyone really worked as a team and gave amazing patient care.
great learning experience
RN staff (Former Employee) –  bostonJuly 13, 2015
a lot of educational experiences, great place to start out. Made friendships with employees that I cherish. The patient population is very rewarding as well
review
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2015
horrible hospital culture. does not value nursing staff. Emphasis is on therapists. poor working conditions. horrible staffing ratios. Unsupportive management.
Pros
Cons
horrible pay
Produtive
Medical Record Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 10, 2015
A typical day would be filling loss folders of patients in the hospital that a co worker was looking into or that a nurse needed. I have to make sure they were well organized and alphabetized. I also made new folders for new patients and made sure that had all the papers/information needed in that folder. I also had to make labels and make sure the labels already on the folders where in the right area of the filling room. The fill room was color coded as well as alphabetized. The office was quiet. It was at your own pace. It was all about organization.
Busy but very productive
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 5, 2015
The salary was very good. The benefits at BMC were excellent but have greatly changed. It is a union environment which could be good and bad. Spaulding Rehab is busy but the patient are very well care for. An excellent place to work and to rehab if you are not afraid to work hard physically and mentally.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Difficult environment to work
the company it is a great teaching hospital with great employees.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 10, 2015
I do enjoy to work at Spaulding Cambridge because everyday it is a learning experience.
The atmosphere, the team work it is always a plus, besides the great level of education of the employees.
Inspirational and eye-opening
Graduate Student Clinician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2015
My day began at 6AM and usually finished by 4PM. I primarily worked with patients with spinal cord injuries focusing on swallowing and cognitive-communication goals. Days were fast-paced, challenging, and immeasurably rewarding.
Okay I guess
Secretary (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 1, 2014
I work there Part time just to have something to do on the weekends. They are pretty much an okay company to work for. They have parking if you drive. They also have a few MBTA buses they go near there. Some of the nurses actually care about the patients maybe an handful on my floor. Part time weekend manager who recently left was very unprofessional and will make anyone look bad to make herself look good. A lot of favoritism and jealousy which is sad to say because I have never experienced that in my 26 years of working.
Pros
good discounts on phone
Cons
very lazy and unprofessinal employees
Learning Experience
Class Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sandwich, MAOctober 31, 2014
I worked as a Phlebotomist while managing 2 other jobs at spaulding. I enjoyed the challenge of having three jobs total at the same time. It kept me busy. This was my first phlebotomy job. I learned a lot from an old school phlebotomist. I really loved the processing the most. I got to draw the sample and then spin it with the centrifuge. It was exciting and fast past.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Can sometimes miss the vein
Excellence is what they stand for
SENIOR INTAKE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 30, 2014
Amazing company and benefits. I worked in the Admissions Office for 6 years and it was an amazing learning environment