SPCA Suncoast Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
No funding to stay open
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMay 27, 2016
They never know when they are going to close due to short of funding. The Employers do not care about the employee only about their personal life. If you want a day off, forget it. But the Employers can leave early and take any day off they want. Kerriane, the Shelter Operator has a very bad attitude to everyone. She is always lazy, complaining and never around when needed. She expects you to do your job and more due to her being lazy. John, the employer under kerriane, is always there for you when you need help and should be running the place. He goes above the call of duty, is always out doing fundraisers to help the animals and is kind to everyone.
Working with Animals
Never know when your last day might be.
If you enjoy helping animals this is a perfect job for you
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Port RicheyJuly 21, 2013
I volunteered at the SPCA from 2012 to 2013. I did basic cleaning jobs like cleaning the floor, laundry, dishes, and cleaning out cages. I also helped feed and care for the animals. I mostly worked in the "Kitty Kabana" which was the cat/kitten side of the SPCA. I learned basic feeding techniques for animals and how to tell if an animal is sick, dehydrated, etc. Management and my coworkers were pretty nice. For the most part people kept to themselves and just took care of what was needed to be done. The hardest part of the job was seeing animals sick, watching animals be brought back after being adopted, and seeing some be passed over spending years in the SPCA. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to spend time with the animals and play with them. I didn't bother me when I had to do any cleaning jobs (because that was part of the volunteering job), however it did bother me when people would not do their "share" of the work. Or when other volunteers would not work together.
Working with the animals
Sick animals, and not a lot of teamwork

Want to know more about SPCA Suncoast?

Ask a question