SPCA thrift store, working as stocker and receiver.
Stocker (Former Employee) – Davis, CA – June 30, 2017
- Receiving, sorting, and stocking donations and merchandise already in the store.
- I learned time management skills because I was in high-school at the time and had full classes. I also learned how to handle and manage merchandise and complete tasks on time.
- Management was helpful and friendly, and made sure people knew their assigned tasks and were able to complete them quickly and efficiently.
- The culture was good with many similarly-aged people who looked out for each other and had good relationships with others.
- The hardest part was learning to transition from receiving, to sorting items and making sure they all got to their correct place in order sorted by pricing.
- Working with enthusiastic and helpful people, and finding cool stuff in the donations that you could buy if you wanted, and nice store discounts.
Good enviornment and various cool things to discover.
Short lunch time and not near much food, which was pretty easily fixed.