Special Metals Corporation is looking for a top-notch Instrumentation expert to join our team. SMC is an industry leader in the production of superalloys for mission-critical applications. We are also an industry leader as an employer of choice. We offer an outstanding wage and benefit package, along with opportunities for career growth. If you're looking to take your talent to a company that values your efforts and innovation, your search stops here.
1. Calibrate all equipment under the responsibility of the Instrument Department, maintain the calibration schedule d properly record calibration data per Special Metals Corporation procedures.
2. Interpret and analyze abnormalities in instrumentation and, using general procedures, correct deviations and make necessary repairs.
3. Aid Maintenance in locating problems such as: troubleshooting complex electrical systems, motor drives, hydraulic controls, rectifiers, power supplies and water cooling systems. The Instrument Technician's expertise in these areas is important to insure that equipment down time is minimized.
4. Maintain leak detectors and assist leaking checking when Maintenance or Production has difficulty. Leak detectors are precise and delicate instruments that require the Instrument Technician to clean and tune on a continual basis.
5. Perform temperature surveys on heat treat ovens. This involves working with Maintenance and Production to prepare the oven, execute the survey and recording the temperature data per SMC procedures.
6. Install new or modify existing instrumentation and equipment as directed by the Instrument Supervisor, Facilities Engineers and/or under the guidance of the Instrument Specialist.
7. Layout and construct electronic circuits working from schematics and, if necessary, make modifications to enable the circuit to function properly.
8. Troubleshoot electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment down to the component level.
9. Maintain an operational knowledge of computers and programmable logic controllers. At times the technician may be required to load or verify programs on this equipment.
10. Answer questions and/or instruct personnel on the use and operation of new instruments and control equipment installed by the Instrument Department.
11. Interpret recording devices and meter indications for an operator or foreman to assist in the decisions related to equipment problems.
12. Provide overall technical and service support to all SMC production, processing or research equipment as directed by the Instrument Supervisor, Engineering and/or under the guidance of the Instrument Specialist.
13. Maintain the daily log to document instrumentation work and to insure continuity of work between the shifts.
14. Maintain a safe working area, promote and implement good housekeeping practices.
15. In addition to these duties the Instruments Specialists shall have the following accountabilities:
a. Perform periodic calibration of secondary standards traceable to NIST and record calibrations per SMC procedures.
b. Design modifications to improve existing equipment and provide updated documentation to Engineering.
c. This includes equipment such as computers, machine controls and instruments.
d. Develop and write software for programmable logic controllers as directed by Engineering.
e. Install new equipment as directed by the Instrumentation Supervisor or Engineering.
This includes planning and scheduling work for the Instrument Technicians.
_italic_Compensation package includes Health Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Quarterly Bonus Program, Vacation, Holidays and more.
At Special Metals, we believe that diversity drives success. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.