Special Olympics Employee Reviews

Loved volunteering with Special Olympics
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJuly 25, 2017
Each year in college, I had the opportunity to help out at the Special Olympics and each year was such a meaningful experience. You would be paired up with a buddy athlete for the day and you got to enjoy helping them out and cheering them on in their events~
Pros
great connections with athletes, meaningful companionship
Cons
only once a year
Exciting, Fun and Rewarding
Volunteer Coach / Liaison (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 10, 2017
You will be put in many scenarios where you can have a great effect on someone's life for the good. You will meet many new people and have a chance to develop your leadership skills.
Volunteer Work with Special Olympics
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 1, 2017
It was a wonderful experience being able to work with the children at Special Olympics. I got to help in setting up some of the games and instructing the children on how the games worked. It was rewarding to see the excitement on the children's faces.
Pros
Helping a good cause
Cons
It was held outside and it rained
Fun to work with
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJune 14, 2017
Very rewarding program to work with. The children brought me great joy and I loved helping them reach their full potential in learning a rewarding sport.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Must be patient
Activity coach
Activity coach (Former Employee) –  Oscoda, MIJune 14, 2017
As an employee at a Community Mental Health facility, I worked with other staff to supervise students at Special Olympic events. A couple times a year we trained and then participated in Regional events.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Only 1x or 2x per year
Rewarding place to work
Sports Coordinator (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJune 12, 2017
Continuous experiential learning and opportunities

Most enjoyable part of the work day is helping the enhance lives of participants in any way we can
special olympics
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2017
helping kids with special need touched my heart but I got to help them do thing they don't do on a everyday bass I got to couch them run track and do a lot of Olympic things
Great event
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 30, 2017
Amazing event held for awesome kids! I had a wonderful time and so did everyone that volunteered and competed. I will definitely do volunteer again some day.
Great place to Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 24, 2017
The setting was nice, fun, and safe for both the volunteer staff and the players. Everyone had a great time. The main goal was to focus on the players and made sure they had a lot of fun.
Amazing experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2017
I have volunteered at the Special Olympics since 2007 and have not stopped or regretted it. I handed out prizes to the Olympians, danced with them and encouraged them to never give up. I enjoyed watching them smile and feel accepted.
An Amazing Environment
Aide (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH 43615April 19, 2017
The Special Olympics is fun and calm to be around and I learn that everyone is the same. The hardest part is the disorganization, the best part are the people.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Disorganized
Great Enviornment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLDecember 11, 2016
I love Special Olympics,everything they do, and everything they stand for. Although I am not a paid employee, I still enjoy donating my time to this company.
Pros
Fun work Enviornment
Cons
No known cons
Helping
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MODecember 6, 2016
The goal was to make people happy and have fun at the same time I think we did both. I didn't have any issues the one day I volunteered to do the special Olympics for my school.
Pros
Friendly Buddies
Cons
It was a great experience that i deeply enjoyed
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 2, 2016
when i got there the team i worked with would make sure everything was set up properly.made sure everything was functioning they way they were supposed to be.The hardest part was always going back and fourth and had to make sure every body was in the group that they were supposed to be. Made sure every body knew what event they were in.The most enjoyable part was seeing there smile on there face after they complete that event and they got there award.
Pros
free lunches
Volunteer
Unified Partner/Coach (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTMay 11, 2016
I volunteer there. I am a unified partner who competes with athlete in tournaments and attends practices twice a week to help athletes. I am not a paid employee here.
productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 7, 2016
Volunteering for special Olympics is AWSOME. I got to meet very nice students who were willing to learn a new game. There is really no hard part of the job. The most exciting thing is working with the kids.
Pros
Free Lunch, Meet Excellent Students etc.
Cons
No Breaks
Special Olynmpics is a worldwide organization that is an exciting and rewarding place to work and volunteer
Office Support; Moving (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 8, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Special Olympics International.. My role was to help facilitate the consolidation of three floors into two at their downtown Washington, DC location. The work environment was welcoming and pleasant; the entire facilities team was great. My boss was helpful and encouraging. I learned a lot about office furniture assembly and dis-assembly; proper stacking and storage techniques and taking a task from beginning to completion.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the working environment.
Pros
Great work environment and opportunity to be a part of this wonderful organization
Cons
Wish I could have stayed on longer!
everybody is nice to me
volunteer coach assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 4, 2016
Everybody that's in Special Olympics are all friends there and I love teaching them how to play basketball, softball and bowling.
Rewarding and fun work environment
Basketball Operations Staging Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2015
Fast paced, very busy work environment. Requires flexibility and patience. all of the people associated with the organization from volunteers to executives are focused on the ultimate goals of the organization. By far the most rewarding part of the work done there is seeing the athletes compete.
A great place to work for!
Assistant Tennis Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2015
I really enjoyed helping out with the special olympics. There was a great vibe and lots of energy. I loved see the athletes faces when they were participating in the event and receiving their medals. It was a very rewarding job.