Special Olympics

Special Olympics Employee Reviews

Great Enviornment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLDecember 11, 2016
I love Special Olympics,everything they do, and everything they stand for. Although I am not a paid employee, I still enjoy donating my time to this company.
Pros
Fun work Enviornment
Cons
No known cons
Helping
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MODecember 6, 2016
The goal was to make people happy and have fun at the same time I think we did both. I didn't have any issues the one day I volunteered to do the special Olympics for my school.
Pros
Friendly Buddies
Cons
It was a great experience that i deeply enjoyed
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 2, 2016
when i got there the team i worked with would make sure everything was set up properly.made sure everything was functioning they way they were supposed to be.The hardest part was always going back and fourth and had to make sure every body was in the group that they were supposed to be. Made sure every body knew what event they were in.The most enjoyable part was seeing there smile on there face after they complete that event and they got there award.
Pros
free lunches
Volunteer
Unified Partner/Coach (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTMay 11, 2016
I volunteer there. I am a unified partner who competes with athlete in tournaments and attends practices twice a week to help athletes. I am not a paid employee here.
productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 7, 2016
Volunteering for special Olympics is AWSOME. I got to meet very nice students who were willing to learn a new game. There is really no hard part of the job. The most exciting thing is working with the kids.
Pros
Free Lunch, Meet Excellent Students etc.
Cons
No Breaks
Special Olynmpics is a worldwide organization that is an exciting and rewarding place to work and volunteer
Office Support; Moving (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 8, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Special Olympics International.. My role was to help facilitate the consolidation of three floors into two at their downtown Washington, DC location. The work environment was welcoming and pleasant; the entire facilities team was great. My boss was helpful and encouraging. I learned a lot about office furniture assembly and dis-assembly; proper stacking and storage techniques and taking a task from beginning to completion.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the working environment.
Pros
Great work environment and opportunity to be a part of this wonderful organization
Cons
Wish I could have stayed on longer!
everybody is nice to me
volunteer coach assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 4, 2016
Everybody that's in Special Olympics are all friends there and I love teaching them how to play basketball, softball and bowling.
Rewarding and fun work environment
Basketball Operations Staging Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2015
Fast paced, very busy work environment. Requires flexibility and patience. all of the people associated with the organization from volunteers to executives are focused on the ultimate goals of the organization. By far the most rewarding part of the work done there is seeing the athletes compete.
A great place to work for!
Assistant Tennis Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2015
I really enjoyed helping out with the special olympics. There was a great vibe and lots of energy. I loved see the athletes faces when they were participating in the event and receiving their medals. It was a very rewarding job.
Great Company
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chestertown, MDAugust 19, 2015
My experience with the Special Olympics taught me compassion for others. I was truly inspired by the people that I met. Highly recommended to others.
Professional, fun and Productive Place
Health and Wellness Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 20, 2015
Good working environment.
Co- workers are really supportive. Great learning environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactive sessions with the Special Olympics athletes.
My Time with Special Olympics
Coach (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 3, 2015
I learned to work well with people, learning communication skills and patience. These skills that I improved during my time are still used regularly by me.
Pros
Working with People
Cons
A long drive to location
Great help
Unified Sports Partner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2015
Love this job because it didn't feel like a job. Love working with kids and making them feel on top of the world. Co workers were fun and everyone was willing to work and have fun at the same time
Very rewarding place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2015
I volunteered at the 2012 Special Olympics in Los Angeles, CA because they are clients of my father. It was overall one of the best places I have done service work.
Great Charity
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh PAJanuary 5, 2015
A really nice charity organization to be a volunteer for. Alot of great times and memories were made.
Pros
Kind people
Cons
Nothing I am aware of
Fun place to volunteer
Special Olympics Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Johns, MISeptember 21, 2014
Working with the volleyball team for the past 2 years has helped me develop many friendships with the athletes and get to understand developmental disabilities a little bit better.
Pros
Working with children and adults in a sports setting
Cons
No job opportunities
Humbling and fun
Special Olympics- Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2014
There is no better feeling than volunteering and seeing the smiles you get to put on the kids faces.
Quite Rewarding
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTAugust 3, 2014
Assisted the Special Olympians as a volunteer coach and as a volunteer academic tutor.
Friendly
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las VegasJuly 7, 2014
Lots of friendly people and upbeat! Lots of energy. Never a dull moment
Rewarding Volunteer Work
Special Olympics, volunteer work (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKMay 29, 2014
I worked with the Special Olympics out of Catoosa for approximately a year. It was a very rewarding experience that taught me more than I could have ever dreamed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Special Olympics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8