Special Olympics

Special Olympics Employee Reviews

Loved being a Volunteer for the kids
❸ Special Olympics Volunteer (Former Employee), Bolivar, MOJuly 1, 2013
The kids are great and I love helping them everyday. It brightened my day when I came to help them.
Love my work here
Special Olympics Coach (Current Employee), Portland, ORJune 25, 2013
The best volunteer job possible. It's fun working with the athletes one-on-one, and the relationships you make will last for a life time
Helping special needs kids
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: its a fun experience, it makes the kids happy.
You are assigned a buddy(s) and you are to entertain really, make sure they have a good time and get there physical. Then when they leave more kids comes in and you get a new buddy(s) to entertain while waiting for their turn to get a physical.
Working with disabled kids
Special Olympics Coach (Current Employee), Warrenton, MOFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: working with kids
Cons: dont get paid
I volunteer every Wednesday to Coach basketball for Special Olympics. I enjoy going to practice with them and helping them learn new skills and seeing them improve. While Coaching i have learned to have more patience and good verbal skills and being able to mulitast to i can get everything done in the time we have for practice.
inspiring
Event Worker (Former Employee), Belton, TXFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: inspiring kids
Just watching over the events and making sure everything went smoothly
Inspiring
Event Worker (Former Employee), Belton, TXFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: helping the kids out
Just watching over the events and make sure everything went smoothy.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: helping kids have fun
this was a volunteer meet in ABQ, nothing can come from this review. Still an amazing exp though
great experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Canton, OHJanuary 18, 2013
helped coach my friends brothers team, very very good experience
Awesome volunteer opportunity!
Volunteer (Former Employee), Clarion, PADecember 10, 2012
The experience is very humbling. You will work directly with the competitors and you will help and support them throughout the day. You will be assigned to a specific activity.
Great company to volunteer for, learned a lot from great people.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Granville, OHNovember 7, 2012
• Expressed initiative by organizing fellow Denison athletes to volunteer
• Coordinated and administered multiple swimming and Track & Field events
• Coordinated and administered award ceremonies for swim and Track & Field events
• Organized location of sporting events and after award ceremonies.
Excellent
Fundraising/Events Coordination Intern (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CASeptember 12, 2012
Pros: fulfilling work
This is such a great organization to work with. A typical day as an intern would include working towards an event or fundraiser with the two women who run the program. Often times athletes would stop by to say hello and it was a great atmosphere.
Special Olympics
Volunteer/Coach (Current Employee), Plant City, FLJuly 28, 2012
Pros: road trips, different gyms, tournaments
Running practices, spending time with the team after practices and before games. I learned that it's better to give then receive and the best reward is knowing you did something good from the community. the hardest part of my job would be the season ending and waiting for a new season to begin. The beginning and during the season.
Amazing Place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Landover, MDMay 16, 2012
The Special Olympics was a bundle of fun. I learned about the value of life while working here. The most amazing thing about this was to see the smiles on all of the children's faces.
Proactive Organization with great communication
Volunteer (Current Employee), Southern California, Orange County, CAMay 7, 2012
Pros: free breakfast, goodies, lunch, the smiles of the athletes, cheers, encouragement, the heart of everyone has for everyone, everyone is a winner
Love to volunteer for The Special Olympics in the Bowling Conference for Southern California. My duties were to assist the Athletes on when to go up and became as a Bowling Coordinator Volunteer. Made sure the Athletes were aware with bowling policies and giving them a lot of encouragement. The most enjoyable part on volunteering is the smiles, heart, athlete they are to have wonderful talents and lastly the family, friends, coaches, staff, and everyone who volunteers to give this wonderful Athletes encourgement and a good deed. I have been volunteering for The Special Olympics along time. It is in my heart and duty to help volunteer for my whole life.