Special Touch Home Care Employee Reviews

the worst place i ever worked for!
HHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 12, 2016
Stay away from special touch!! They are very unprofessional, disrespectful, and unorganized. ..every check it got was shorted hours until I just had to quit...when I went to the union they told me they are the worst agency to work for and gave me a list of all the agencies with 1199 benifits...my advice is to avoid this agency at all cost...trust me you will regret it...instead here is a few that was on that list the union gave me...RAIN home care ...priority home care ...school settlement home care ...unlimited care ...region care ...all metro .I hope this helps my fellow hard working haha out there.
Pros
Cons
everything!!!
good workplace
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 2, 2016
working at special touch was a good experience. I get to help people in need or just be there for them. I learn to have a lot of patience and good manners even if it a bad day.
Good healthy way to keep clients out of nurising homes
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Coney Island, NYDecember 16, 2015
I enjoyed helping each client in their home and making sure their home environment was safe and secure for them to continue living no matter their range of disability or how sick the client was. I do wish there was more pay because they extents a home health must go to outside of their job description. A typical day as a Home heath aide could range from helping the clients bath, cook, eat or even go out into public to run errands, and attend doctor visits with the clients
The workplace depended on where you were sent to work.
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 21, 2016
My case manager always have a solution to any problem. I have learned many skills while working at Special Touch Home Care. Shifts are very flexible.
Fun work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at Special Touch. Everyone helped each other advance and get things done as professional individuals. I would still be there if i didn't move to another state.
Pros
short commute to work from home
overall
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 6, 2015
You are not guaranteed a job, so you basically can just be working for one day then on no days. the good thing about this job is they work with you on your schedule that fits bet with you. you also have to provide your own transportation.
Pros
Flexiable Schedules
Cons
no breaks, not garenteed a job
Poor working conditions
*** (Former Employee) –  BrooklynJune 30, 2015
Management & Supervisors are no help when important questions arise Coordinators are very incapable of resolving minor issues, they pay HHA workers when they feel like it & rather not help figure out how to keep a good hard working HHA employees. ...
Pros
Cons
Pay, Employers lack of respect for there employees
I would not recommend
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2015
Very rude and inconsiderate people who work in this agency. They pay late sometimes. They will give you a case and the patient is not there they will not pay for time lost in transportation.
Pros
NO PROS
Cons
EVERYTHING IM SERIOUS
I love my job its very rewarding I learn from it daily but right now its no work and i need to work doing what i do best taking care of our elderly t
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 15, 2014
I love helping people, being there when they just need someone there,talking to the when they need someone to talk or to just someone listen to, Taking them out to get fresh air when they cant go alone, try everything in my power to turn their frown into a smile even if it just for a little while. my goal is to put a smile on their face and let then feel and know someone do care about them and that they do matter.It makes me feel good to put a little happiness in someone else unfortunately the Elderly are the forgotten people. They need to know that they do matter and is imprtant
Pros
rewarding, meeting new people and learning of other people cumstoms and way of life
Cons
cases not always avaiable
Caring.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2014
Monitor patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise. Support the patient by providing housekeeping and laundry services; shopping for food and other household requirements; preparing and serving meals and snacks; running errands. Assist the patient by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming. Help patient care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
Poor work conditons
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 17, 2012
A typical work day is arrive at work, normally attend a morning criticism prior to starting working. I have to admit I have learned a lot in regards to home health care.
My Co-Workers were pleasant and welcoming. Management leaves a lot to be desired however.
The most difficult part of my job was having to come to the realization that the Patients you are attending to are extremely Ill.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to assist the patients with having a home attendant to help help them everyday.
Enjoyable Environment -- Rewarding
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 15, 2013
Typical day was busy and client focused. First I would check on my clients to make sure their aides were where they needed to be, then I would assist other coordinators with locating any aide replacements, and so on. Other time was spent assisting the Accounts Dept. to make sure aides were all paid on time.

The time I spent there was positive, some ups and downs but mostly ups. Lead me to Nursing school...

Good company to work for if you're planning on a career in the healthcare field.
fun work
HHA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 3, 2015
alot of work here there are benefits the people are kind i love working with the elderly people they will always pit smiles on your face
Pros
paid every week
Cons
no hours
Productive and busy place
Data Entry Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 13, 2014
Very busy with paperwork and updating medical records and patients information. Manager is very supportive and reliable. I learned a lot about excel spreadsheet and business emails with insurance companies
Cons
healthcare, pay
Very bad company
HHA (Current Employee) –  BrooklynJuly 5, 2014
Very bad company they play with your check I work 96 hours and Thayer only pay me 48 hours a month ago everyday I call and they said the seme thing that they gonna pay me and I'm still waiting
To gain experience
Home Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 22, 2013
Its a great place to gain experience. i have learned alot from this work environment. my day consist of managing a case load. verifying attendance and filling cases.
It's a good company to work for
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 24, 2014
The work is not steady and so is my income need a more steady paying job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Special Touch Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6