Specialized Bicycle Components Employee Reviews

Great Brand but company has outgrown CEO
Executive (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJuly 18, 2017
The employees at Specialized are fantastic, hardworking and dedicated to the company's mission and each other. They are all have common interest in health and wellness as well as cycling.
Pros
Lunch rides and positive attitude of employees
Cons
Culture (tops down management style) needs improvement
If you love bikes, this is the place to work
Regional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2017
While the upper management may be an interesting partnership, direct management was beyond helpful for personal growth and development. If you love to ride bikes, this is THE place to work!
Pros
great culture
Cons
changing corporate vision
Passionate
Performance Road Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAFebruary 3, 2017
High demand company. Was fun and rewarding most of the time and I learned a tremendous amount but the culture does not work fr most who start here. High turnover especially in the mid-level positions
Great Company
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Here is where I learned how to sell. I already had a good understanding of how to make sure the customer is happy from my previous job and was able to take that skill and sell our bikes.
Close knit group in SLC
Retail Care, Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 3, 2016
Good company to work for. Great benefits and a cycling culture. Encourages fitness and health culture. Observes everyone involved.
Pros
lunch rides, tight community, friendly and welcoming, Friday doughnuts and bagels
Cons
Advancements are few, sometimes long hours. Not a long term company.
All the pace of Silicon Valley with none of the benefits
N/A (Current Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAAugust 2, 2016
After working there for an extended period time, I have seen the company spiral into what it is today. A workforce that is doing all it can to meet expectations of management at a pace equal to or even faster than a company just 10 miles away that would pay 40% more for the work being done. The reality is you are working for your discount on bikes and bike parts, and at a certain point it's just better to work at a tech company who will support the ever increasing cost of living in the bay area, and pay full retail for bikes and parts. If they really want to retain people they would stop building new facilities or making "building improvements" (a dog park, really?) and start paying them more. It may seem like an okay place to work with all the positive glass door reviews, but hey instead of doing any actual work, the HR department likes to make false accounts and create those reviews, instead of any actual work.

Management expects growth and is putting the pressure on. It is partly due to the CEOs constant micro managing and his pressure he puts on all senior level management, which is basically the only thing that trickles down at this company.

What I've learned: Just because it sounds like a good place to work, no "benefits" outweigh the pace.

Best part of the job: It's a beautiful place to work, and you get to be around bikes all day
Hardest part of the job: It's in Morgan Hill.
Pros
Bike discounts, Gym, Lunch ride
Cons
Fast pace, CEO with no sense of self, HR department run with duct tape and string
Fun and Innovative place to work
Global Supply Chain Leader (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJune 6, 2016
Great place to work at, lots of opportunity for learning. The pace is very fast and the lack of process makes the work environment very dynamic.
Great learning environment
Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAMay 15, 2016
located in Morgan Hill they have the engineering and R&D head quarters. fast paced environment constantly looking to improve new and existing product.
Fun and rewarding workplace
Senior Industrial Designer (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAMarch 11, 2016
Specialized was a great place to work. Learned a lot about people and products.

- learned about manufacturing
- how to deal with people and management
- co-works are great. everyone is into the same thing so it makes it a great place to work.
- people are nice.
- the most enjoyable part of my job was the working on the product. Top quality product that is some of the best in the industry.
Pros
Great product and likeminded people
Cons
management is not very good.
On your feet job, but it's a good workout.
Part Time Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 25, 2016
The job is pretty constant manual labor, but what you're lifting/moving around all day isn't necessarily heavy items. It's a fairly fun job for what it is, and it's a good workout. I probably wouldn't want to do it full-time, but it's a great entry-level job with no previous experience or high education level required.
Pros
Lots of break, free fruit, and occasionally donuts.
Cons
Uncertainty of when workday will end.
Strong bicycle culture
Operations (Current Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJanuary 10, 2015
- Competitive & high pressure work environment
- Benefits of riding/exercising at lunch
- 7 days a week, +60hrs per week
- Privately owned company
- Investments in IT behind the curve
- Salary uncompetitive for the area
Bad company to work for
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJuly 9, 2014
I worked in a warehouse environment. Hard work without got pay or benefits. Poor management, the men were sexist toward me and other women that worked there. Rude and demeaning to workers, expecially toward woman.
Pros
Paycheak
Cons
All around work experiance
Productive, fun, and layed-back workplace
Jr. International Trade Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2014
I learned a lot about the world of international trade and logistics working here. I never felt overwhelmed by this field that was all new to me. I was supported, directed, and managed rather well. I felt productive and useful, but I still felt as if I could have fun at work and have fun with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was learning how to work with programs like Oracle, which I had never previously worked with. I was provided excellent training and became acclimated to these programs quickly and felt competent in the workplace.
Pros
Gym facilities on site, health benefits, competitive pay
Dynamic and exciting company
Corporate Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAMay 28, 2013
Supporting the General Counsel and Corporate Counsel can be difficult in any company. You are dealing with very strong personalities at this level. However, the job creates opportunities and challenges on a daily basis.
Pros
EXCELLENT Benefits Package; Free Breakfasts; Subsidised Lunches; Gormet Coffee
Cons
Legal Department is isolate from the rest of the company
Exciting company
Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CASeptember 22, 2012
This is a great company to work for. Very high paced and motivated company. A typical day might be something like this. Releasing orders. Evaluating accounts for credit worthyness. Maintaining retailers accounts. Tracking orders. Reveiwing financials for credit increases and customer service. This company has a great sales and credit team. The company has a whole strives for unity and customer satifaction. The most enjoyable part of my job was calling dealers and getting to know their business and helping them anyway I can to be successfull.
Pros
the company rides thier bikes at lunch
Cons
working through breaks and lunches.