Specialized Loan Servicing Employee Reviews

It was an ok place to work for.
Default Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CONovember 14, 2017
The benefits and pay were good, and the life work balance was ok. Just stressful at times because the majority of management did not know how to manage or the job we did.
Good Place to Work
Default Resolution Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 7, 2017
I loved working here till I got a supervisor that had no business being a supervisor. Talk abut a power trip. Positive feedback to improve their leadership was taken as hostile advise, to the point I was pulled into a meeting room and threatened to lose my job. Needless to say I put my 2 weeks notice shortly after.
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 3, 2017
Management was far the worst. It was the reason why i left the job. I liked my job, and I liked my coworkers for the most part, however, management wasn't organized and all over the place. I don't mind change and updates, however we would get reprimanded for doing our job "wrong" when in reality, they were not on the same page, so they couldn't give us a straight answer.
Pros
Fair compensation
miserable and unprofessional
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 1, 2017
SLS is a shady company, The managers and AVP pick and choose who they want to help and make exceptions for. They make it seem like everything is ok when personal situations occur but throw it in your face when they need to.
Pros
give lunch on busy days
Cons
lack of information and training.
Well Balanced work envionment
Resolution Specialist /Loss Mitigation Foreclosure (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 22, 2017
managers had a open door policy hours and location were fine the systems could be problematic at times along with the customers and system of QA could use some adjusting
Pros
location
Cons
system
Not so good
Processor (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COOctober 8, 2017
Poor and rude management. Culture was tense and not easy to work in. Direct manager did not support team. Pay and vacation was ok. A typical day was stressful.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
management
A fair company to work for
Default Resolution Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 27, 2017
SLS is a company that strategizes in the company as a whole and considers all employees involved. It is a company that wants to hold the investor and it's borrowers in mind when providing the best product for them. Working for SLS has taught me that if you want to be a great company, you must understand the product you are offering. With that being said, I believed in SLS and what it stands for.
Pros
Flexiable with hours and open space.
Cons
Availability with management for one on one discussion.
fast pace
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 11, 2017
It is a very fast paced job, if you cannot handle it then it will turn stressful. But overall they treat you like family and try to always be flexible with your life,
Work place culture
Special Loans (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 9, 2017
Specialized Loan Servicing is by far the worst work experience I have ever endured. Management is lacking severely. Absolutely NO room for advancement and they pay horribly. They take care of who they WANT to take care of. The company is not loyal to its employees. Think twice before applying with this company.
Pros
Cons
the entire work experience
Accuracy in input crucial
Cashier Research Associate & Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJune 3, 2017
Being accurate in the mortgage side and travel was pertinent. Attendance is utmost important. Management and co-workers were great to work with. Being flexible works wanders.
Pros
lots of overtime was granted
Cons
working at the end of each month on the mortgage side
Unfocused, unplanned, unaware.
Cash Operations Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Town of Highlands, NYMay 30, 2017
SLS is a subsidiary of Computershare and as such seems to be an unwelcome addition to that parent corporation. Systems are antiquated, processes are unknown, undocumented, unmeasured.
Work is a constant jump from one crisis to the next with management enjoying the 'emergencies' and paying no attention to the operation.
Pros
Learning experience.
Cons
Improvement is a dirty word.
Good for the most part
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 15, 2017
There are good parts and bad parts. I love my job for the most part. It is stressful at times. There is constant pressure on the bottom line and you are always being challenged to do more with less resources. Many areas are plagued with constant problems due to under-staffing.
Pros
good work life balance in some positions
Cons
do more with less attitude, growing pains of a small company
Terrible Culture
Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COApril 8, 2017
If you like dishonest management, double talk and cronyism this is the job for you. Unrealistic goals, management plays favorites and you only get inbound calls that generate money if your part of the "in' crowd.
Pros
Cons
Management and the overall culture.
Productive workplace, very structured
Foreclosure Associate II (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMarch 20, 2017
Been here almost 6 years, great co-workers and supervisors. Good benefits and vacation time. Bid improvement on employee activities (ping-pong tables, fundraisers, pot-lucks etc.) Overall has been a great place to work.
Growing company
Loss Mitigation Specialist/Dispute Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 13, 2017
I began working at SLS in 2004 shortly after the inception of the company in 2003. There were approximately 65 - 70 employees in 2004. When I left the company to move to Utah in 2016, there were well over 1000+ employees.
Very laid back environmen with very freindly people.
Foreclosure Associate (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CODecember 29, 2016
I love the people I work with, I do think they need to reconstruct their training experience, its too chaotic for a new employee.
unfair management
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 20, 2016
As with any call center, you are micromanaged. Most of the time there was no reason and the ones who should be micromanaged were not.
Pros
free lunches, gym
Cons
micromanaged
worst place I've worked
Collections Representative- its a lie (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 18, 2016
I've worked over 20years in call centers. This has been almost my worst experience. HR is unhelpful she. Trying to set up benefits. Fellow new hires have now past deadlines to enroll and have no benefits. Another went two months and was refused coverage then after fighting about it was getting double deductions to make up for the month they didn't take her payments from her check. Management is not on your side. Attitude is not friendly and during the interview we were all lied to and promised great bonus potential which is not happening for even long term employees. (Yes unhappy employees talk) QA is impossible and rediculously opinionated. Changes are not communicated. Let's just say there is so much wrong you'd have to step foot in the door and it would be an experience you won't stop talking about. All new hires are immediately looking for other employment both while in training and when first on the floor. Unbelievably micromanaged so much that even using the restroom outside of regular break 1x in a month can cost you part of your bonus.
Pros
free lunch when you get cut to 1/2
Cons
adhearance, bonus loss, micromanaged
Production and Verification of government documents
Underwriting Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COOctober 17, 2016
- Reviewing Outlook to see if any investors have requested documents to complete Foreclosures, Short Sales, Modifications, or Underwrites. Once completed would work Xcel spreadsheets sent in from investors requesting documentation. Had Underwriting specific spreadsheets to work which was a twice a month specific to Chase Bank Underwriting, both originations and modifications.
- I expanded my government document knowledge/experience working with documents that involved foreclosure and short sales, which I had no experience with previously.
- I enjoyed this job due to the pace of work. We never had down time which allowed for max productivity. Max productivity would result in a larger bonus. The building had a walking path as well, which was enjoyable.
- The most difficult task with this position was keeping up with the frequently changing regulations with the specific loan types. Twice a week we would have regulation classes which sometimes would be a lot depending on the amount of changes that happened that week.
- My co-workers were great helpful people who were available for questions whenever I was in need of direction.
Pros
Cafeteria in the building, gym, free parking
Cons
Lack of supervision over employees who needed a little more attention.
Enjoy the job
Customer Assist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 10, 2016
I interact with people and customers all, day teach Loss Mitigation in Collections Efforts and help facilitate the customer though our company as needed. Assist about 65 Associates plus people on the call center floor and also interact with other departments to assist our Customers. Answer questions and going over Collection efforts by approving workout that the Customer Assistance Department provides. Like that fact providing Mortgage Knowledge to Associate to assist them with their job to help come up with a one call resolution in help the internal customer d the external customer. The obstacles that we have is that our system isn't capable to accommodate some of our customer needs, therefore have to come up with work around to assist customers. I enjoy job do to it's reward is seeing Associate grow and be the best they can be.
Cons
Health Care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Specialized Loan Servicing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9