Specialized Medical Services Employee Reviews

Unpleasant work enviroment.
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 22, 2017
Did enter charges for skilled nursing facilities. Some charges were to be submitted to insurance companies and some charges were billed to the facility that were not covered by insurance companies. The best part of the job is enough work to keep busy. The hardest part of the job is coworkers are difficult to get along with.
Pros
Lunches were served suring month end billing.
Cons
Difficult coworkers.
Good ol' boy system for sure.
DME Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2017
If you liked high school we're certain click's get along you'll love this place..As long as management likes you your job is great..Once they don't your job is miserable..No raise unless your in with the boss. Benefits are the worst I've ever had especially for the medical industry. You earn PTO which they tell you to use cause it's your time that you've earned but when you try and use it you get reprimanded.Stay AWAY unless your desperate.
Pros
Nome
Cons
I enjoyed working along with different people at different facalities
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 22, 2017
I enjoyed being able to go to different facilities. Being able to work along with different residents in their home. While working with them I felt with visiting with them and also doing my job. It gave the little excitement to be able to have someone to talk to.
Nice work environment , but terrible management.
Try (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 7, 2016
Terrible management! I was told I couldn't have the days off I was promised when hired. Also, I was placed oncall for a weekend that I didn't even know about until the day before. This was also my first time being oncall. I was never asked if I was comfortable with it. I quit that day. The pay wasn't worth it!
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Horrible management!
Really Bad Company To Work For!
DME Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2016
The higher ups in the Texas region are incompetent! They micro manage and set high expectations that are nearly impossible. B.I. has no idea what he is doing and continues to keep a job because his brother is the boss over Texas! I believe you would rather kill yourself than work for those two clowns!
Pros
Cons
The two brothers that run the Texas region. Pay!
poor job work/life balance
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXJune 25, 2016
poor job work/life balance . long hours, poor benefits. 24/7 on call. this job never quits. you are unable to have any outside life.
Pros
later am start
Cons
poor job work/life balance . 24/7 on call
sm
Register Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 15, 2016
A company that allowed me to work on my own at my own time and trusted me to get my job done on time and right.
unoranized place to work in and training sucks
billing (Former Employee) –  milwaukee, wiMay 25, 2016
too much friends and family and too much favoritism, unorganized and too much noise that you cant even concentrate, management has no knowledge or lack of knowledge for billing procedures and it is all over the place disgusting. you cant plan for vacations because of month end billing which is mandated for 2 weeks so there is no balance between personal and work
Never know how your day is going to be
Warehouse Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New berlin, WIAugust 3, 2015
depends on what management feels like you should be working, could be one job then another persons and they all want answers at the same time. Those who want to be a team person seem to get penalized and those who do nothing get praise
Pros
pto earned every paycheck
Cons
what your hired for is not what you will be working
I enjoyed my time at SMS. I really liked the people I got to know doing this job. My boss was a very good person.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INNovember 3, 2014
My schedule was very flexible. Management was excellent, if I needed something my manager was on top of it. The call outs on the weekends and evenings were the hardest part of my job. I shared call outs with two of my co- workers, and both of them did an excellent job so the call outs, thankfully were few.

Want to know more about Specialized Medical Services?

Ask a question
Basic
Area Worker (Current Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 12, 2014
Just Basic, nothing more to say a job . fun job and people to work with
Nice place to work at.
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 16, 2014
Very fast paced job. My work starts on Monday and suddenly it's Friday. Great management team and have learned so much. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of making our members happy. Just getting the thank you after a hard day.
Na
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 24, 2014
Working is flexible and comfortable however the downside is driving a lot around to the facility. i recommend this company.
Lots of travel
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  washingtonFebruary 10, 2014
great job if you like traveling a lot. typical day includes traveling to serviced facilities to acquire medicaid qualification paperwork, set up of CPAP/ Bilevel, conducting in-service training with nursing staff at SNF's
Very flexible schedule!
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 11, 2012
I love my job with SMS! They are wonderful people to work for. My manager is in another state, so although you have accountability, you are also granted autonomy. You are able to make your own schedule, which is great when you have children. I have soooo many nice things to say about this company!
Pros
autonomy, scheduling, pay
Cons
a lot of driving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Specialized Medical Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9