Specialized Staffing, Inc. Employee Reviews

great work environment, clean factory , easy work
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Niles, MIMarch 4, 2016
larger cells have a lot of extra parts that go on a window before it gets shipped to customers , some actions are easy some are challenging but most of the lead operators are very helpful in teaching you different ways to accomplish the task.
HR department is one in my option the best , if you have an issue there quick to respond and solve .
working a set schedule was beneficial to my life style they have 1st shift, 2nd and a 3rd .
Pros
quartely bonuses, health care, retirement, 401k.
Cons
breaks are short depending on cell, special parking in winter months
best staffing company ever!
Packer (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMarch 6, 2017
an amazing staff! the day i went in i was given a job within the same day. as long as they have openings they will have a job for you. the management helped me with the computer information too
Pros
helpful management
Cons
issuance offered is only obama care
The agent is very nice and helpful
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Full Accounts Payable cycle, filing. I have few assignment with the agency and needs to adjust each time with new office and staffs. Each office has it own way how to handle the work. It is new experience for me to start a new assignment in few month at time.
Good balance i have kids
Server (Current Employee) –  South bend, indianaJanuary 8, 2017
They provide flexible hours so I can spend time with my children. They were understanding of my medical needs after my miscarriage and let me take it easy
Great Company to work with
Staff Suppot (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 15, 2015
Being able to change someone’s life has been something I was able to accomplish at Specialized Staffing. I had a single mom that came in asking for a job, she was about to get evicted from her home. Specialized Staffing was able to get her out to work that same week. This same associate came in 3 months later to bring us a certificate as a token of her appreciation. I couldn’t have been any happier that we were able to change someone’s life.
Pros
Offer benfit, and 401K
Cons
I do not have any cons
Decent Job
3rd Shift Staffing Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 22, 2016
Specialized staffing had a very job work life balance. During my time there I was able to go to school fulltime. THe management team there is very friendly.
Always helpful and willing to put you to work.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 11, 2016
I have had nothing but good intreractions with Specialized Staffing. They always were willing to go above and beyond to help me when I needed it. I really like this Temp Service.
Great company because they worked with me to achieve success
GAP Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 25, 2015
> While I didn't work directly for Specialized Staffing, they placed me right away with an excellent company.
> I learned that GAP insurance is great to have, but very hard to collect from if you don't have all of the most important documents.
> Management; excellent, easy to work with
> Co-workers, very helpful & nice
> The hardest part of the job was accepting the very lowest pay I've had in over 15 years.
> The most enjoyable part of the job would be the cheery atmosphere & helpful people
Pros
A 1 hour lunch, benefits, windows!
Cons
Low pay
equal oportunity, fun place to wrok at
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 3, 2016
I came in with a list of things to do and got them done with little to no assistance in a productive work environment. if help was needed the manager of my department was very helpful and informative when needed.
Not bad as far as temp agencies go.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 26, 2015
All around good company, temp jobs are industrial (at the south bend
branch anyway), but the office staff are very nice and really do try to help you into a job you might like. When work is slow they do leave you hanging for a bit but they don't forget about you. Your mostly not a number in their eyes.
Pros
Good benefits, great jobs when times aren't slow.
Cons
Like any temp no job security unless hired on at site.
uplifting
Precision Grinder operator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 29, 2016
Nice place to work for, always paid on time and willing to upgrade anyone that proved themselves. with paid vacations and time off for Doctor Appointment's, if needed, willing to work with anyone !
Great place for a dedicated worker
CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIOctober 19, 2015
Great coworkers, decent breaks, and awesome opportunities. Overtime is always available for those who want it, great pay.
Pros
Heathcare, raises, and opportunities.
Cons
Very physically draining.
Excellent company and atmosphere
Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 4, 2015
As a Staffing Supervisor at Specialized Staffing Solutions, I have been fortunate enough to refer two close friends to SSS that have been hired. I refer my friends to Specialized because it has been such a huge part of my professional success. There is such potential growth with SSS; from recruiting, sales, management, client services, operations, human resources...the possibilities go on and on. Working for SSS has helped me grow both personal and professional networks, reaching clients and potential candidates that I will work with throughout my career. It's given me the opportunity to really make a difference in my community and help several non-profit organizations. I'm so proud to be a member of the Specialized team and look forward to growing our company in the upcoming years.
A temporary employment contractor
Hilo Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 4, 2016
This company will give a variety of different assignments with different employers in the city. When I was on assignment with them I was working as a high low driver doing different things through out the day.
Average factory environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 16, 2016
They are a typical temp staffing agency. I had no complaints and I would work for them again in the future. They will go out of their way to help you if you are a good worker.
Challenging and Gratifying Work
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 16, 2015
Specialied is a great place to work if you want to feel like you have accomplished something important everyday. The leadership team challenges and enables every person to meet their potential. Going home every night and knowing that I helped get people to work is very gratifying.

Also, allowing us as internal staff to directly partake in the company's charitable giving has been very memorable and meaningful to me personally.
Pros
Challenging but reasonable, opportunities to learn and grow, helping the community
Cons
There is always lots to be done.
Temp agency
Temp (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 19, 2016
This is the temp service that placed me at Remis America. It is a temp service for job placement to companies looking for employees.
Not a great work environment
Packer / Stacker, Temporary (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 11, 2016
Was a horrible place to work. coworkers would fight on job site and not get any retribution. they would leave the line whenever they felt like it with no punishment. Job hours were insane sometimes i would work 16 hour shifts.
temporary position at Spartan motors
temp at Spartan motors. (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MINovember 13, 2014
overall I liked working at Spartan motors. the hours were good. management was pretty laid back as long as you got your job done. co-workers were decent, everyone knew who to stay away from. the job was not hard at all, just hot sometimes. the best part was work/life balance was great and no one treated you bad because you were a temp.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
temp position assignment ended.
Job was good enough for a starter job.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 5, 2014
Well as where I was placed it was all work and no talk, which I can understand to a certain extent but every day routines mostly. In this job I learned a little about how industrial jobs work or run and management was good and understanding. The people I worked with were great, there was never any problems or drama. The hardest part of this job was the no talking part which isn't a big deal. what I enjoyed more were the people I worked with.
Pros
good pay for the tasks, not a lot of people so less problems
Cons
short beaks, benefis not the best

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Specialized Staffing, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Specialized Staffing, Inc. Reviews by Location