Specialized Staffing, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

great work environment, clean factory , easy work
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Niles, MIMarch 4, 2016
larger cells have a lot of extra parts that go on a window before it gets shipped to customers , some actions are easy some are challenging but most of the lead operators are very helpful in teaching you different ways to accomplish the task.
HR department is one in my option the best , if you have an issue there quick to respond and solve .
working a set schedule was beneficial to my life style they have 1st shift, 2nd and a 3rd .
Pros
quartely bonuses, health care, retirement, 401k.
Cons
breaks are short depending on cell, special parking in winter months
Challenging and Gratifying Work
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 16, 2015
Specialied is a great place to work if you want to feel like you have accomplished something important everyday. The leadership team challenges and enables every person to meet their potential. Going home every night and knowing that I helped get people to work is very gratifying.

Also, allowing us as internal staff to directly partake in the company's charitable giving has been very memorable and meaningful to me personally.
Pros
Challenging but reasonable, opportunities to learn and grow, helping the community
Cons
There is always lots to be done.
Great Company to work with
Staff Suppot (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 15, 2015
Being able to change someone’s life has been something I was able to accomplish at Specialized Staffing. I had a single mom that came in asking for a job, she was about to get evicted from her home. Specialized Staffing was able to get her out to work that same week. This same associate came in 3 months later to bring us a certificate as a token of her appreciation. I couldn’t have been any happier that we were able to change someone’s life.
Pros
Offer benfit, and 401K
Cons
I do not have any cons
Not a great work environment
Packer / Stacker, Temporary (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 11, 2016
Was a horrible place to work. coworkers would fight on job site and not get any retribution. they would leave the line whenever they felt like it with no punishment. Job hours were insane sometimes i would work 16 hour shifts.
Excellent company and atmosphere
Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 4, 2015
As a Staffing Supervisor at Specialized Staffing Solutions, I have been fortunate enough to refer two close friends to SSS that have been hired. I refer my friends to Specialized because it has been such a huge part of my professional success. There is such potential growth with SSS; from recruiting, sales, management, client services, operations, human resources...the possibilities go on and on. Working for SSS has helped me grow both personal and professional networks, reaching clients and potential candidates that I will work with throughout my career. It's given me the opportunity to really make a difference in my community and help several non-profit organizations. I'm so proud to be a member of the Specialized team and look forward to growing our company in the upcoming years.
hardest part of the job
Phone Center Contractor (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 7, 2015
Making sure to pass weekly QA report while conducting phone surveys with customers. Overall it was a learning experience speaking with different individuals on a daily basis about there recent hospital stays.
Pros
The company always has fun activities for employees
Cons
short breaks
Average factory environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 16, 2016
They are a typical temp staffing agency. I had no complaints and I would work for them again in the future. They will go out of their way to help you if you are a good worker.
Temp to Hire Positions
Temp to Hire (Current Employee) –  Butler, PAJanuary 3, 2016
I work as needed on temp to hire positions. The last job I was called to do I answered phone calls for a company and directed the phone calls.
Great place for a dedicated worker
CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIOctober 19, 2015
Great coworkers, decent breaks, and awesome opportunities. Overtime is always available for those who want it, great pay.
Pros
Heathcare, raises, and opportunities.
Cons
Very physically draining.
Not bad as far as temp agencies go.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 26, 2015
All around good company, temp jobs are industrial (at the south bend
branch anyway), but the office staff are very nice and really do try to help you into a job you might like. When work is slow they do leave you hanging for a bit but they don't forget about you. Your mostly not a number in their eyes.
Pros
Good benefits, great jobs when times aren't slow.
Cons
Like any temp no job security unless hired on at site.
Excellent Staffing
Computer Programming ,Scanning,Sorting (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 29, 2015
I learn lots things at my job sites .I personally think there is no hardest part just having the correct motovations to succeed in life. Success is the word that I would use to express the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Excellent attitude & courage to succeed in your goals.
Cons
Have courage to advance everyday!
Great company because they worked with me to achieve success
GAP Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 25, 2015
> While I didn't work directly for Specialized Staffing, they placed me right away with an excellent company.
> I learned that GAP insurance is great to have, but very hard to collect from if you don't have all of the most important documents.
> Management; excellent, easy to work with
> Co-workers, very helpful & nice
> The hardest part of the job was accepting the very lowest pay I've had in over 15 years.
> The most enjoyable part of the job would be the cheery atmosphere & helpful people
Pros
A 1 hour lunch, benefits, windows!
Cons
Low pay
temporary position at Spartan motors
temp at Spartan motors. (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MINovember 13, 2014
overall I liked working at Spartan motors. the hours were good. management was pretty laid back as long as you got your job done. co-workers were decent, everyone knew who to stay away from. the job was not hard at all, just hot sometimes. the best part was work/life balance was great and no one treated you bad because you were a temp.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
temp position assignment ended.
specialized staffing is a good company to work for
Packer/Loader (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 8, 2015
My co-workers were friendly and good to work with. The hardest part of the job was when the order deadline came up. The enjoyable part was the down time. And a typical day consists of packing and loading trucks
Pros
within driving distance from my house
Cons
short breaks
Job was good enough for a starter job.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 5, 2014
Well as where I was placed it was all work and no talk, which I can understand to a certain extent but every day routines mostly. In this job I learned a little about how industrial jobs work or run and management was good and understanding. The people I worked with were great, there was never any problems or drama. The hardest part of this job was the no talking part which isn't a big deal. what I enjoyed more were the people I worked with.
Pros
good pay for the tasks, not a lot of people so less problems
Cons
short beaks, benefis not the best
Not a bad job
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 13, 2015
The management was terrible, almost no structure at all. Many things got messed up or forgotten due to a lack of communication.
Very active work
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 10, 2014
Very busy, you basically hit the floor running most days. There is a lot to pay attention to so organization is key. The 12 hour shifts might be rough but you will have more days off and they are flexible with your schedule.
Pros
more time off
Cons
12 hour shifts
Finds "Temp" jobs for people who want to work
Temp laborer/ forklift (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 9, 2014
They put me to work. I was assigned to laborer jobs with forklift experience.
Pros
earned $10/hr. when job finished were quick to reassign me.
Cons
health inurance ok, pharmacy program not so hot.
good place to start out when looking for work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Portage,MISeptember 16, 2014
Working for this company was very pleasant. There are many nice people within the company and very helpful when looking for a good place that fits your qualifications.
Miscellaneous Data Entry
Temporary Miscellaneous Data Entry (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 10, 2014
I worked at Steel Warehouse and I was doing a lot of data entry
batching numbers
filing, scanning
checking errors
Pros
working with a variety of people
Cons
a temporary assignment