Specialized Staffing Solutions

Specialized Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Need a healthier balance and a more stable team
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 11, 2016
The team at Specialized Staffing seemed to be at odds with one another at all times. There was always an I in TEAM. The support was lacking.

The CEO is very passionate about her job and the team at corporate is great. Getting to know them was a good experience.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of a work-life balance. along with getting up early and opening the branch, I would often stay for closing and be asked to check in employees at their 3rd shift positions. This did not leave room for family life outside of work. Constant need for a sitter.

The benefits are very expensive.
Pros
Corporate and Jacqueline Barton
Cons
Quarreling team, no work-life balance, expensive benefits.
Great Company Culture
Onsite Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 16, 2015
Working at Specialized Staffing Solutions has been an amazing experience. The organization empowers individuals to learn and grow by encouraging and supporting personal and professional development. Specialized Staffing Solutions offers an opportunity to help people every day by finding them employment so that they can be successful in their own lives, and by improving the communities in which we live and work. My favorite thing about working for Specialized Staffing Solutions is that they give back to the community, and the best part is that the organization allows its employees to give to causes that we are most passionate about. This is a great place to work.
"Great place to work"
Professional Placement Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 16, 2015
Specialized Staffing Solutions is totally motivated to help people get employment. Having the opportunity to work in the South Bend Branch there operation provides a great deal of precision to every type of decision and keeps everyone moving in the same direction. Specialized Staffing Solutions works so well for companies and job hunters. The South Bend branch determined culture is fixed with a real appreciation for the people the community it service. The South Bend Branch seasoned supervisor with staff makes a high intensity work environment fun!
Why would an associate want to come and apply and work at Specialized Staffing Solutions
Staffing Support (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 16, 2015
When you visit a Specialized Staffing Branch you can expect to be treated

with the upmost respect. You will be greeted by a receptionist who cares

about helping the people who walk through the doors the best she can.

When you go back to speak with one of the Staffing Specialists you will be

talked to in a kind and courteous manner. The person will make sure they

find the best position for you so you are sure to succeed at your job and

reach the ultimate goal of being hired on with the customer.
Specialized Staffing Solutions
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 16, 2015
I have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources but my primary background is in the financial industry and customer service. I spent 3 years working in the banking industry at a company who focused on making their money by charging fees. I was treated as a number and I was not valued. That company did not care about the well being of their customers, but only about making a profit. Specialized Staffing Solutions care about their employees on an individual basis. The care and support that I receive at Specialized Staffing Solutions makes this a valuable company to work for.
Pros
Frequent giveaways, healthcare, extensive training
Amazing Managenment and team members !!!!!!! 5 stars !!!
staffing specialist (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INDecember 16, 2015
I am still a bit of a newbie however I can state that hands down Specialized Staffing provides their employees great growth potential, by providing excellent hands on training, and a supportive management team. I continue to learn and grow in my position daily as a Staffing Specialist, with that assistance of my fellow team members
I find it so fulfilling to assist all the people that walk in our doors finds just the right job!
Specialized Staffing also runs contests and employee center events, all in all it fabulous place to work, filled with wonderful staff.
Pros
great co workers
Why choose Specialized Staffing Solutions
Corporate Support Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 14, 2015
Specialized Staffing Solutions is different from other staffing companies. They are dedicated in making sure individuals skills and experience are identified and that individuals are placed at the right companies. They offer great benefits to their associates such as health benefits, 401k, vacation, and once a year give away a car. The employees are always willing to help individuals succeed and find the correct placement.
Pros
Great place to work or find work
Great Place to Work!
Staffing Support (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 15, 2015
Specialized Staffing Solutions is different compared to our competitors because we are very interactive and involved with our employees. We have a bright and friendly atmosphere from the paint on our walls to our personalities. One major difference is we raffle off a free car at the end of the year to one individual. Not only do we raffle off a car, we have many other recognition programs that happen throughout the months that our employees have a chance of winning.
Specialized Staffing Solutions A Great Employer
Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 14, 2015
I started working for Specialized Staffing Solutions almost two years ago. Since then I have been given more opportunities to grow personally and professionally because of my position here at Specialized Staffing Solutions. I started of as a Staffing Specialist and after many months of training, hard work and dedication I received a promotion to a Staffing Supervisor. I have a very supportive senior leadership team that makes it all possible along with my great internal staff in my branch. The relationships that I have built, the knowledge that I have gained, and the lives that I have helped change are what I love most about my job and the opportunities given to me by this great company.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Working at Specialized Staffing Solutions
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 3, 2015
I have worked for Specialized Staffing Solutions for the past 6 months. From the interview to training and actually starting, has been the same, exceptional. Specialized Staffing Solutions has a very warm and welcoming environment. Leadership is just as involved as anyone else and they make themselves available at any time, which is rare. Specialized Staffing Solutions is one of the few companies that actually live out their mission and vision statement. The support and love flows from the top down.

Want to know more about Specialized Staffing Solutions?

Ask a question
If you see Specialized Staffing Solutions in a help wanted ad, keep looking...
Material Handler 3rd Shift (Former Employee) –  Niles, MI - Pilkington NSG GroupNovember 8, 2015
Not recognized for your work performance or work ethics. Specialized will keep you as a temp for the purpose of profiting from you. Promised to be hired as a Pilkington NSG employee after six months, work for ten months with no permanent position. Forced to take a week off with no pay in December and July due to plant shut down. After assignment was up in September, I was told to call the main office in South Bend, IN for a new assignment, They never followed me up with any offers of employment. Real unprofessional people at Specialized Staffing. Found employment on my own, I recommend you do the same. No third party leaching a percentage of your earnings.
Pros
Hire people with no experience, work ethics or morals.
Cons
Keep you as a temp employee for as long as possible.
Awesome Work Atmosphere
staffing specialist (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 3, 2015
Specialized Staffing has an open and inviting atmosphere that makes anyone coming in for employment feel very welcome. What an awesome place to work!!!!
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
none that I can think of
Success Story
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 16, 2015
Success story!!

Being a Staffing Specialist with Specialized Staffing is such a rewarding career. We are changing and empowering the lives of people every day. I had one such opportunity to place a young, single mother into an extraordinary company with the potential for it to become a permanent placement.
She came into the office on the recommendation of a friend because she had lost her job. She came in with such a positive attitude and so ready to be put to work that I felt confident that she would be a great fit for a company I was working with that was looking for Temp to Perm people. She made a commitment to complete all four of our steps in one day and was so excited to be going to work that when she was done she gave me a hug.
I met her at the job site that Monday morning and she was dressed and prepared for long hours and hard work. Fast forward a month and she is being hired into the company and will be getting a substantial increase in her pay rate and could not be happier.
Pros
Friendly environment, supportive management team
Cons
No cons to talk about at this time
Variety of positions
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 22, 2015
Biggest issue are the wages. For a person with a degree, most jobs paid around 10 to 11.50 per hour. Wages are based upon the client's willingness to pay and the company is focused on the client's needs vs the employees needs. Carefully review the clause about vacation pay and the amount of hours needed to work within the first year. It is virtually impossible to qualify for vacation pay.
I liked specaialized
Banquet Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 12, 2015
I like specialized but they never gave me enough hours or jobs. I needed at least 35 hours a week but I am lucky to get one day.
Always there to help me
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, miJune 24, 2015
When I first applied at specialized I was offered a couple of different positions on first shift and they helped me decide what one was going to be the best fit for me. Once I started my assignment it was going good but I wasn't sure if I was going to get hired in so I called them and Jen Fenstra answered and started asking me questions. She told me she would come out and see me on my job and told me if I wanted to grow that they might have a position coming up to be sure to work hard and be there for my scheduled days. About a month later she came back out and offered me a coordinator position. She came out and trained me and made sure I knew how to do my job and I loved it. Specialized really cared to help me out when non of the other agencies have before. I felt like they wanted to help me. I left for a higher paying position but our shop closed and I jut applied with them again because I know they will help me.
Pros
Always there to help me
Cons
You start as a temp to get hired in
Awesome place to work through!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 7, 2015
Everyone at the Kalamazoo branch is incredible! They are very helpful and very honest. They will be the first to tell you if you are slacking at work and they are great at helping their employees maintain their job. I would highly recommend Specialized to anyone seeking work!
Pros
Friendly, Honest, Caring
Cons
Can't think of anything
A very fast pace work place.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Niles, MISeptember 10, 2015
A hot working environment, must work at a fast pace, everyone was friendly and willing to help out co-workers for quality work.
This place is amazing!
Flexo Operator (Former Employee) –  Schoolcraft, MIMay 13, 2015
The whole Kalamazoo branch is outstanding! Ashley and Donald are awesome! Excellent professional staff, very helpful, they DO want you to succeed! If you want to work and get a job come here! You will not be disappointed!
I love my job and have since day 1
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 23, 2015
I love my job and have since day 1. When I interviewed at specialized they told me I would help people better their lives by helping them find work and that's exactly what I do everyday. Some days can be long but that is because we have a lot of jobs to fill and that means we are helping a lot of people in our community. We are paid for our work and for our extra time, so when Im helping people and making money Im happy.

Management is no different than any other company. You either do the work or you find another job. People that complain on here don't have ownership. Ive worked at 2 other staffing companies as a recruiter and by far Specialized is the best. They treat us well and they treat us fair and I wouldn't ever think of working at another one besides here. The metrics here are actually less than what they were at my last job and management has spent more time training me here than ive ever had.

Happy!
Pros
catered lunch, gift cards, commission
Cons
people dont always show for work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Specialized Staffing Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Specialized Staffing Solutions Reviews by Location