Specialized Staffing Solutions

Specialized Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

"Great place to work"
Professional Placement Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 16, 2015
Specialized Staffing Solutions is totally motivated to help people get employment. Having the opportunity to work in the South Bend Branch there operation provides a great deal of precision to every type of decision and keeps everyone moving in the same direction. Specialized Staffing Solutions works so well for companies and job hunters. The South Bend branch determined culture is fixed with a real appreciation for the people the community it service. The South Bend Branch seasoned supervisor with staff makes a high intensity work environment fun!
Great Company Culture
Onsite Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 16, 2015
Working at Specialized Staffing Solutions has been an amazing experience. The organization empowers individuals to learn and grow by encouraging and supporting personal and professional development. Specialized Staffing Solutions offers an opportunity to help people every day by finding them employment so that they can be successful in their own lives, and by improving the communities in which we live and work. My favorite thing about working for Specialized Staffing Solutions is that they give back to the community, and the best part is that the organization allows its employees to give to causes that we are most passionate about. This is a great place to work.
Why would an associate want to come and apply and work at Specialized Staffing Solutions
Staffing Support (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 16, 2015
When you visit a Specialized Staffing Branch you can expect to be treated

with the upmost respect. You will be greeted by a receptionist who cares

about helping the people who walk through the doors the best she can.

When you go back to speak with one of the Staffing Specialists you will be

talked to in a kind and courteous manner. The person will make sure they

find the best position for you so you are sure to succeed at your job and

reach the ultimate goal of being hired on with the customer.
Amazing Managenment and team members !!!!!!! 5 stars !!!
staffing specialist (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INDecember 16, 2015
I am still a bit of a newbie however I can state that hands down Specialized Staffing provides their employees great growth potential, by providing excellent hands on training, and a supportive management team. I continue to learn and grow in my position daily as a Staffing Specialist, with that assistance of my fellow team members
I find it so fulfilling to assist all the people that walk in our doors finds just the right job!
Specialized Staffing also runs contests and employee center events, all in all it fabulous place to work, filled with wonderful staff.
Pros
great co workers
Success Story
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 16, 2015
Success story!!

Being a Staffing Specialist with Specialized Staffing is such a rewarding career. We are changing and empowering the lives of people every day. I had one such opportunity to place a young, single mother into an extraordinary company with the potential for it to become a permanent placement.
She came into the office on the recommendation of a friend because she had lost her job. She came in with such a positive attitude and so ready to be put to work that I felt confident that she would be a great fit for a company I was working with that was looking for Temp to Perm people. She made a commitment to complete all four of our steps in one day and was so excited to be going to work that when she was done she gave me a hug.
I met her at the job site that Monday morning and she was dressed and prepared for long hours and hard work. Fast forward a month and she is being hired into the company and will be getting a substantial increase in her pay rate and could not be happier.
Pros
Friendly environment, supportive management team
Cons
No cons to talk about at this time
Specialized Staffing Solutions
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 16, 2015
I have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources but my primary background is in the financial industry and customer service. I spent 3 years working in the banking industry at a company who focused on making their money by charging fees. I was treated as a number and I was not valued. That company did not care about the well being of their customers, but only about making a profit. Specialized Staffing Solutions care about their employees on an individual basis. The care and support that I receive at Specialized Staffing Solutions makes this a valuable company to work for.
Pros
Frequent giveaways, healthcare, extensive training
Great Place to Work!
Staffing Support (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 15, 2015
Specialized Staffing Solutions is different compared to our competitors because we are very interactive and involved with our employees. We have a bright and friendly atmosphere from the paint on our walls to our personalities. One major difference is we raffle off a free car at the end of the year to one individual. Not only do we raffle off a car, we have many other recognition programs that happen throughout the months that our employees have a chance of winning.
Specialized Staffing Solutions A Great Employer
Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 14, 2015
I started working for Specialized Staffing Solutions almost two years ago. Since then I have been given more opportunities to grow personally and professionally because of my position here at Specialized Staffing Solutions. I started of as a Staffing Specialist and after many months of training, hard work and dedication I received a promotion to a Staffing Supervisor. I have a very supportive senior leadership team that makes it all possible along with my great internal staff in my branch. The relationships that I have built, the knowledge that I have gained, and the lives that I have helped change are what I love most about my job and the opportunities given to me by this great company.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Why choose Specialized Staffing Solutions
Corporate Support Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 14, 2015
Specialized Staffing Solutions is different from other staffing companies. They are dedicated in making sure individuals skills and experience are identified and that individuals are placed at the right companies. They offer great benefits to their associates such as health benefits, 401k, vacation, and once a year give away a car. The employees are always willing to help individuals succeed and find the correct placement.
Pros
Great place to work or find work
Cons
Great Company to Work For!!!
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 14, 2015
Before joining the Specialized Staffing Solutions team, I was formerly an Operations Assistant Manager for a popular retail chain. In the time that I spent in my former role I received very little training and was thrown into an environment that was very much sink or swim. Although I was successful in my position, there was very little room for advancement and no acknowledgement for time and effort spent. Extra days and longer hours became the expectations, and morale from management down was miniscule. Performance reviews each year were superficial and never honed in on my individual performances metrics, with fake promises of advancement based on “potential.” Joining Specialized Staffing has been a breath of fresh air. After a few weeks of in office training shadowing and observing a seasoned specialist, an entire week of new hire training was administered to include very thorough, hands on and step by step training of processes and how to mitigate real life scenarios encountered in the workplace. Moreover, success is measured by the time and effort you put into your position and you are compensated accordingly. They pay structure is laid out for you and is not based on the length of service you put in or the title you hold, and truly merits the effort you put into it. All of the employees I work with have been extremely helpful and friendly and it has truly been a team effort to fill orders and get people working. No other company I have ever worked for has been as accommodating and dedicated to the success of its people!
Working at Specialized Staffing Solutions
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 3, 2015
I have worked for Specialized Staffing Solutions for the past 6 months. From the interview to training and actually starting, has been the same, exceptional. Specialized Staffing Solutions has a very warm and welcoming environment. Leadership is just as involved as anyone else and they make themselves available at any time, which is rare. Specialized Staffing Solutions is one of the few companies that actually live out their mission and vision statement. The support and love flows from the top down.
Awesome Work Atmosphere
staffing specialist (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 3, 2015
Specialized Staffing has an open and inviting atmosphere that makes anyone coming in for employment feel very welcome. What an awesome place to work!!!!
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
none that I can think of
I liked specaialized
Banquet Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 12, 2015
I like specialized but they never gave me enough hours or jobs. I needed at least 35 hours a week but I am lucky to get one day.
If you see Specialized Staffing Solutions in a help wanted ad, keep looking...
Material Handler 3rd Shift (Former Employee) –  Niles, MI - Pilkington NSG GroupNovember 8, 2015
Not recognized for your work performance or work ethics. Specialized will keep you as a temp for the purpose of profiting from you. Promised to be hired as a Pilkington NSG employee after six months, work for ten months with no permanent position. Forced to take a week off with no pay in December and July due to plant shut down. After assignment was up in September, I was told to call the main office in South Bend, IN for a new assignment, They never followed me up with any offers of employment. Real unprofessional people at Specialized Staffing. Found employment on my own, I recommend you do the same. No third party leaching a percentage of your earnings.
Pros
Hire people with no experience, work ethics or morals.
Cons
Keep you as a temp employee for as long as possible.
A very fast pace work place.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Niles, MISeptember 10, 2015
A hot working environment, must work at a fast pace, everyone was friendly and willing to help out co-workers for quality work.
Variety of positions
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 22, 2015
Biggest issue are the wages. For a person with a degree, most jobs paid around 10 to 11.50 per hour. Wages are based upon the client's willingness to pay and the company is focused on the client's needs vs the employees needs. Carefully review the clause about vacation pay and the amount of hours needed to work within the first year. It is virtually impossible to qualify for vacation pay.
Always there to help me
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, miJune 24, 2015
When I first applied at specialized I was offered a couple of different positions on first shift and they helped me decide what one was going to be the best fit for me. Once I started my assignment it was going good but I wasn't sure if I was going to get hired in so I called them and Jen Fenstra answered and started asking me questions. She told me she would come out and see me on my job and told me if I wanted to grow that they might have a position coming up to be sure to work hard and be there for my scheduled days. About a month later she came back out and offered me a coordinator position. She came out and trained me and made sure I knew how to do my job and I loved it. Specialized really cared to help me out when non of the other agencies have before. I felt like they wanted to help me. I left for a higher paying position but our shop closed and I jut applied with them again because I know they will help me.
Pros
Always there to help me
Cons
You start as a temp to get hired in
FINALLY a perfect place to work!
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 15, 2015
The Grand Rapids branch is finally a perfect place to work. The last of former staff is finally gone and the cancer is out! THe last few years, people have come and gone but the problem was still there. People that created the problems and portrayed the company and the branch as a bad place to work have finally moved on and allowed the rest of us to move on in a healthy positive environment. Management is AWESOME and always have been, its unfortunate that a group of people preferred to create an environment of blame and ultimately their destiny of not being employed at the most understanding company of all time.
The former manager of the branch held every position in the company and wasn't successful and ran the branch to the ground. You can ask anyone there today how much they love it and they will tell you the truth, stop in and see them, they will prove it to you! I did and am interviewing to work there again because I know who they are and what they are all about.
Pros
Management is more than understanding and patient
Cons
Should fire bad staff that hurt the companies reputation
This place is amazing!
Flexo Operator (Former Employee) –  Schoolcraft, MIMay 13, 2015
The whole Kalamazoo branch is outstanding! Ashley and Donald are awesome! Excellent professional staff, very helpful, they DO want you to succeed! If you want to work and get a job come here! You will not be disappointed!
Cons
Very stressful unorganized work place
Staffing (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 11, 2015
my typical day at this place was not very eventful at all when I first started it was a very good place to work for then about 1 year into it became very bad place to work. I have learned a lot working here and have had a lot of experience in many different MS. The management was HORRIBLE did not know how to manage a place at all very rude, disrespectful, discriminative does not know how to talk to a people properly, treats you like your a slave and do not appreciate anything you do if it Is not to their liking people that are in certain management spots should defiantly not be. They were not a family work life balance they didn't care if you had a family if they wanted it know matter what they tried to make you do it. Some of the co-workers were very awesome but then all some did was talk behind your back and go tell like little kids to move up the latter. Dealing with the disrespect unorganized work place very unorganized the higher up didn't feel they needed to care about there employees unless they needed something. the enjoyable part was the experience I received working there
Pros
free car washes free dinner
Cons
health care short lunch no breaks rude disrespectful