Specialized Staffing Solutions

Specialized Staffing Solutions Employer Reviews

Fun environment to work in
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 19, 2014
I learned how to help people start a career with the jobs we would place them in.
Worst Employer I ever worked for!!
Whipping post and Angry emotional Rant recepticle! (Former Employee), South Bend, INMarch 18, 2014
Pros: nothing that would overcome the cons
Cons: everything you never imagined in an employer!!
I have heard but never experienced the emotional rage of a company's owner such as this coupled by discrimination and flagrant violations of labor laws based on arrogance and ignorance. If you hire an expert, it would be surmised you would listen to their advice instead of demanding things be done in a non conforming way of your own business practice, – more... followed by emotional rants of why your plan didn't work. If you want to be belittled, work long hours and not be fully compensated as per law, be expected to do things that are way out in left field from your lack of job description then this is the place for you. If you want a job and work for a place that appreciates the extra mile, and pays you for ALL hours worked, I would keep looking. Amazing how this company is so embraced by the Chamber of Commerce and the owner is hailed as a godsend to people looking for a job when the treatment of full time employees is worse than a sweat shop minus the beatings! This company will ruin your career and home life! – less
Unorganized
On-Site Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INMarch 7, 2014
Pros: free weekly car washes
Cons: does not clearly define expectations of employees
I did not receive quality training to set me up for success. My training consisted of sitting next to the front desk person, watching her use the computer. They did not even have me in their system until 1 day before I was to go on-site at the customer. Expectations of me were never provided, Specialized Staffing is unorganized and does not seem to – more... care about preparing their employees to do their jobs. And when the customer I was put on-site at brought in temps from another agency, I was let go as my boss's scapegoat for the company not being able to supply the number of temporary employees required! – less
Food Service
Prodution (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 3, 2014
Pros: easy!!!! slower working environment.
Cons: the supervisors are very jerky at times, and like to nitpik.
It's a very easy going company. That has supervisors that ride you into the ground. It can also get very hot. depending on what area of the factory your put in to work.
Save your career - do NOT work here
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: you receive a paycheck every 2 weeks
Cons: management, hours, compensation, inflexibility, unrealistic expectations
I am educated at the graduate level, and I am a successful professional. I write this review not out of spite, but out of an obligation to help others from making the same mistake I have. No matter what you are told in the interview - DO NOT WORK HERE. You'll regret it, many times over.

Interviews always paint a rosy picture, but this one was completely – more... inaccurate. They promises work/life balance - that's a joke. They are EXTREMELY inflexible. You cannot go to a Doctor's office without having a note. You do NOT get a lunch break. You will be expected to stay all hours of the night, but if you ever ask for anything you will be denied. I have NEVER been treated like that - not even by a high-school Burger King job.

The supervisor bad mouths EVERY employee (in some capacity) when they are not there...it will make you feel uncomfortable that your boss slanders other employees but is extremely nice to their face.

If you think to yourself when reading this, "oh I'm sure it's not that bad, I'll see for myself". You will regret it. Everyone has. This office cannot keep employees beyond 2 years. The average is 9 or 10 months.

Finally, they nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING. They look for ways to fight unemployment from everybody. If a plant is closing down due to low production, they try to find ways to fire people for literally no reason. I have seen them fire people for next to nothing, which they document as "insubordinate" and "disorderly" so they will not be vulnerable to any legal action.

SAVE YOUR CAREER - DO NOT WORK HERE. – less
Temporary
Packer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: good physical workout
Cons: getting sent home early due to lack of work. temporary employment
I would show up for any available assignments. I would then drive to my assignment and register. I would locate the Line Manager and wait for placement. Sometimes it would be packing product, sometimes I would be in charge of the skid work. I would say that the hardest part of the job would be the inconsistency of the work available. Spending time and – more... money to go to work only to find out that you were not needed for the day. The part of the job I enjoyed best was the physical work out I would get. – less
Nice co workers and allowed time to spend with family.
Welder (Former Employee), Portage, MIDecember 11, 2013
Come in and set up work area gather material to b welded and follow that pattern all day.
not enough jobs
Banquet Server (Former Employee), South Bend, INNovember 24, 2013
some of the work they had was too much for too little and it was not enough jobs in the area
They were a fair temporary service
Office Clerical (Former Employee), Elkhart, INAugust 20, 2013
Pros: they made a valiant effort for permanent employment
Cons: job stability
The staff was courteous and tried to help me find a job. There seemed to not be enough positions for the large quantity of office staff that they had.

The hardest part of working for a temp agency is that you do not have consistent work. They seemed to send me on short, fill in jobs because they knew that I have experience doing most office tasks.

The – more... positive part of working for this company was the ability to move around from company to company. It provided challenges and variety. – less
Horrible place
Staffing specialist (Former Employee), South Bend IndinaAugust 5, 2013
Cons: hostle work environment, horrible leadership, 15 plus hour work days with no compensation for it.
I was suppose to be hired on as the sales manager for them. When I got there, they switched my position to a staffing specialist. You have to work 15 hour days and some times longer. The upper management and owners are very incompetent and nasty to everyone below them. The other staffing specialists were just as nasty and unwelcoming.

I have been in – more... the staffing industry for a while and can tell you This is the last place I would recommend anyone applying to. – less
They find you work fast
Temp. Worker (Former Employee), Elkhart, INAugust 5, 2013
Pros: the work environment, the people, three breaks
Cons: being a temp. worker instead of hired in
They found me a work assignment fast. I loved the job. Great people, always had something to do. I learned how to read blueprints and use a compressed air glue gun to glue foam. the people were great. The hardest part of the job was being tired after it was done, but the most enjoyable part was definitely the people.
very fast paced
Material Handler , Recieving (Current Employee), Charlotte, MIJuly 29, 2013
Cons: second shift, distance from home lack of job security being a temp. employee
i start my day by reading my company E-mails for news that may effect my days work. Then either receive parts or pick orders whatever is needed, When receiving and picking is complete i proceed to putting away parts then clean up loading dock before going home.
Quick to place me in a job.
Billing Clerk (Current Employee), South Bend, INJuly 11, 2013
The placement center has very nice people there to deal with. I was placed very quickly in a job where I have remained for over 3 months.
I do not care for the work environment where I have been placed. And, even though I could possibly be hired on there, I do not feel it is where I would like to have a career.
Specialized Staffing has no other jobs – more... to offer me at this time. – less
ENJOYED KNOWING I WAS ON MY WAY THERE
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT SERVICES (Former Employee), Middlebury, INJuly 8, 2013
SCAN CUSTOMERS MERCHANDISE, ACCEPT PAYMENT,I LEARNED EVERYTHING HAS A SHELF DATE THAT EXPIRES, MY MANAGER WAS COOL,IT WAS A VERY EASY JOB
Enriching lives of a diverse pool of people in the community.
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJune 8, 2013
No day is the same, learning opportunities are endless. Networking is key!
Temp Agency Work
Temp-Work (Current Employee), Portage, MIApril 12, 2013
Pros: three lunch breaks
Cons: the temp at c.l.s
Specialized Staffing its a temp agency so they barley had work available but the last job I had with them is called contennial linen service I enjoyed working there because I love to work and keep my self motivated I worked third shift and working different areas because I was just that fast although it was 75 above degree's in there I felt nauseus – more... but I stuck with it until my assignment ended. – less
fast paced environment
General Laborer (Former Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: always exra working hours available when needed.
Cons: not constinent with company job assisgments
I didn't enjoy working for them. It was a temporary agency. They under paid employees for the tasks given.
No appreciation for staff
Former staffer (Former Employee), south bend, inJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: opportunity to learn multiple areas of the staffing industry/office management
Cons: 15 hour days, hostile work environment, exhaustion, incompetent leaders
Upper management lends a deaf ear toward employees. You are not appreciated as a human being. Your personal time is of no concern. You are expected to be on call 24/7. The owner will walk right past you and not even say "hello".
Extra work with little time for Family
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee), Kentwood, MIJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: helping people in need
Cons: no time for your family, personal growth, no compensation for overtime or extra work
The company has values are great. But it is at the cost of their employees. You work very long hours. That takes away from your family and other personal things that you may want to accomplish.
Always sent me good people.
Machine/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Elkhart, INNovember 14, 2012
Pros: good, clean jobs.
Cons: sometimes too far to get to.
The staff at Specialized used me to the best of their ability and mine too.

About Specialized Staffing Solutions

Specialized Staffing Solutions employs thousands of employees each year for the region's leading employers. We work with employers – Read more