Specialized Staffing Solutions

Specialized Staffing Solutions United States Employee Reviews

productive place to work for
staffing specialist (Current Employee), Goshen,INApril 16, 2015
This is an excellent company to work for. It takes a lot of dedication but is very rewarding in the end. We are here to help all of our associates in clients with their needs.
Very unprofessional company, that uses more time to lie and cause a negative work environment, then more a productive one.
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 5, 2015
Pros: Very few
Cons: Listed some in review
At first when I interviewed with the company I thought very highly of them and the culture surrounding the company, but once started was proven totally wrong. There were so many things that made my opinion of the position go south it's unbelievable.

1)The pay is very low for what they ask you of position.
2)If the branch does not hit it's metrics they will lower your pay by 50% and it would not be your fault totally on why the branch tanked.
3)The VP of operations lie on everyone in private meetings constantly to turn you against others and cause unecessary workplace tension. She will say that you or someone else said something about you when you really did or they did not to cause you to turn on others.
4) They frown on you for taking lunches. They expect you to work 9+ hours with no breaks.
5) No work/life balance. You can easily work from 6am to 6pm if not later everyday and not get compensated for it
6) You can work over 12 hours a day for a week and still be expected to attend a Saturday training in South Bend, IN for something that could be done through Web training, and not be compensated for miles or extra time.
7) The staff is burnt out. So much that you can expect no help especially if they feed/fed into the lies the VP of operations tell them of others in the branch.
8) The owner will come into the branch and will walk right past you and not say anything to you or won't even give you eye contact.
9) The pay and comission structure makes no sense.
10) High turn over. I have never worked for a place especially in a business setting where there were so many – more... people who would quit and not even give two weeks notice. There were those who either quit in a week by not showing back up to work or calling in. Even those who would come in the middle of the night and drop off their keys to the branch and not even say they are properly quitting due to the bad business structure.
11) No Business Development Manager. This is the person who brings in new business for the Staffing Specialist to staff, but the VP over this position either drags her feet, or hires the wrong people who cannot bring in new business to save their lives. This ultimately affects your comission and pay.
12) They expect you to stay until orders are filled, but they will leave when they feel like it.

I could go on and on about other things that makes this company so bad to work for, but I would be writing forever. Just in my opinion steer clear from this company. There are so many better company's to work for if looking for recruiter experience. – less
Matched my skills to my abilities.
Manufacturing Trainer (Current Employee), Elkhart, IndianaNovember 20, 2014
Pros: accommodating to my family life outside of work.
I went from temp to trainer with Specialized Staffing Solutions!!!
Hard work but enjoyable co-workers
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), South Bend, INOctober 6, 2014
I would still be working for them had I not moved out of state. The work was hard and sometimes overwhelming but I enjoyed the challenges. I enjoyed my co-workers and can't imagine finding another job that I will have as good a relationship with my co-workers.
Hard work
Packer/Stacker (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJuly 24, 2014
Always busy, very hard work. Management wasn't very attentive to their employee's, benefits were alright. My favorite part of working there was that the pay was decent, but there was always something to do to stay busy.
Good Hours
Shipper (Current Employee), Elkhart, INJune 18, 2014
Managers are not the best. Good hours, flexible with schedule, hardest part is walking around with steel toe boots for twelve hours.
Warehouse/General Laborer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 30, 2014
Cons: limited employment offers
Specialized Staffing will keep you working as jobs become available.
Hostile And Unprofessional Work Environment.
Industrial Janitor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 25, 2014
Cons: unprofessional and hostile work environments, wont work with you if you have issues at your assignment. lack of communication.
Specialized Staffing Solutions claims many things, in the time I was there none of that seemed to be true. Was put on an assignment with a boss who was very unprofessional and harassing. Wasnt being properly trained om equipment at the jobsite. Attempted to report this to S.S.S. and was told if I quit the assignment I would no longer be able to be represented by there company. So be it. My advice is dont waste your time with them. Theres always more than one temp agency arround.

Now onto S.S.S itself. There seemed to be no communication between S.S.S and the jobsite. Was told wrong times for clock in/ clock out. Assignment length was misrepresented and wrong, temp-to-hire wasnt true. There complete lack of professionalism is almost comical.
Positive Work Environment, Benefits, Pay & Supportive Management for Staff & Associates
Marketing & Communications Manager (Current Employee), South Bend, INApril 4, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits & company culture
Thank you, Indeed.com, for bringing me to my current employment with Specialized Staffing Solutions! Beyond the positive work environment, culture and climate that is fostered by the Senior Leadership Team, my position with Specialized Staffing Solutions has changed my life in such a positive way, as well as for that of my entire family.
Many benefits are in place for staff, including multiple, free car washes every month for the entire 2014 year, a free meal for every staff family monthly from a locally-owned business and monies provided each and every month through the company’s Family Night Program, which promotes quality time with our families.
Benefit programs are in place for every working associate of Specialized Staffing as well. These include health and dental insurance, 401k, guidance towards support systems relating to transportation, tax-preparation and life issues, an Employee of the Month program and even an opportunity to win a brand-new car!
In conclusion, I would highly recommend Specialized Staffing Solutions to anyone looking for work, whether as a staff or associate. It is a wonderful, positive company to work for as it encourages, supports and brings out the best in everyone!
Fun environment to work in
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 19, 2014
I learned how to help people start a career with the jobs we would place them in.
Worst Employer I ever worked for!!
Whipping post and Angry emotional Rant recepticle! (Former Employee), South Bend, INMarch 18, 2014
Pros: nothing that would overcome the cons
Cons: everything you never imagined in an employer!!
I have heard but never experienced the emotional rage of a company's owner such as this coupled by discrimination and flagrant violations of labor laws based on arrogance and ignorance. If you hire an expert, it would be surmised you would listen to their advice instead of demanding things be done in a non conforming way of your own business practice, followed by emotional rants of why your plan didn't work. If you want to be belittled, work long hours and not be fully compensated as per law, be expected to do things that are way out in left field from your lack of job description then this is the place for you. If you want a job and work for a place that appreciates the extra mile, and pays you for ALL hours worked, I would keep looking. Amazing how this company is so embraced by the Chamber of Commerce and the owner is hailed as a godsend to people looking for a job when the treatment of full time employees is worse than a sweat shop minus the beatings! This company will ruin your career and home life!
Unorganized
On-Site Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INMarch 7, 2014
Pros: free weekly car washes
Cons: does not clearly define expectations of employees
I did not receive quality training to set me up for success. My training consisted of sitting next to the front desk person, watching her use the computer. They did not even have me in their system until 1 day before I was to go on-site at the customer. Expectations of me were never provided, Specialized Staffing is unorganized and does not seem to care about preparing their employees to do their jobs. And when the customer I was put on-site at brought in temps from another agency, I was let go as my boss's scapegoat for the company not being able to supply the number of temporary employees required!
Food Service
Prodution (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 3, 2014
Pros: easy!!!! slower working environment.
Cons: the supervisors are very jerky at times, and like to nitpik.
It's a very easy going company. That has supervisors that ride you into the ground. It can also get very hot. depending on what area of the factory your put in to work.
Save your career - do NOT work here
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: you receive a paycheck every 2 weeks
Cons: management, hours, compensation, inflexibility, unrealistic expectations
I am educated at the graduate level, and I am a successful professional. I write this review not out of spite, but out of an obligation to help others from making the same mistake I have. No matter what you are told in the interview - DO NOT WORK HERE. You'll regret it, many times over.

Interviews always paint a rosy picture, but this one was completely inaccurate. They promises work/life balance - that's a joke. They are EXTREMELY inflexible. You cannot go to a Doctor's office without having a note. You do NOT get a lunch break. You will be expected to stay all hours of the night, but if you ever ask for anything you will be denied. I have NEVER been treated like that - not even by a high-school Burger King job.

The supervisor bad mouths EVERY employee (in some capacity) when they are not there...it will make you feel uncomfortable that your boss slanders other employees but is extremely nice to their face.

If you think to yourself when reading this, "oh I'm sure it's not that bad, I'll see for myself". You will regret it. Everyone has. This office cannot keep employees beyond 2 years. The average is 9 or 10 months.

Finally, they nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING. They look for ways to fight unemployment from everybody. If a plant is closing down due to low production, they try to find ways to fire people for literally no reason. I have seen them fire people for next to nothing, which they document as "insubordinate" and "disorderly" so they will not be vulnerable to any legal action.

SAVE YOUR CAREER - DO NOT WORK HERE.
Temporary
Packer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: good physical workout
Cons: getting sent home early due to lack of work. temporary employment
I would show up for any available assignments. I would then drive to my assignment and register. I would locate the Line Manager and wait for placement. Sometimes it would be packing product, sometimes I would be in charge of the skid work. I would say that the hardest part of the job would be the inconsistency of the work available. Spending time and money to go to work only to find out that you were not needed for the day. The part of the job I enjoyed best was the physical work out I would get.
Nice co workers and allowed time to spend with family.
Welder (Former Employee), Portage, MIDecember 11, 2013
Come in and set up work area gather material to b welded and follow that pattern all day.
not enough jobs
Banquet Server (Former Employee), South Bend, INNovember 24, 2013
some of the work they had was too much for too little and it was not enough jobs in the area
They were a fair temporary service
Office Clerical (Former Employee), Elkhart, INAugust 20, 2013
Pros: they made a valiant effort for permanent employment
Cons: job stability
The staff was courteous and tried to help me find a job. There seemed to not be enough positions for the large quantity of office staff that they had.

The hardest part of working for a temp agency is that you do not have consistent work. They seemed to send me on short, fill in jobs because they knew that I have experience doing most office tasks.

The positive part of working for this company was the ability to move around from company to company. It provided challenges and variety.
Horrible place
Staffing specialist (Former Employee), South Bend IndinaAugust 5, 2013
Cons: hostle work environment, horrible leadership, 15 plus hour work days with no compensation for it.
I was suppose to be hired on as the sales manager for them. When I got there, they switched my position to a staffing specialist. You have to work 15 hour days and some times longer. The upper management and owners are very incompetent and nasty to everyone below them. The other staffing specialists were just as nasty and unwelcoming.

I have been in the staffing industry for a while and can tell you This is the last place I would recommend anyone applying to.
They find you work fast
Temp. Worker (Former Employee), Elkhart, INAugust 5, 2013
Pros: the work environment, the people, three breaks
Cons: being a temp. worker instead of hired in
They found me a work assignment fast. I loved the job. Great people, always had something to do. I learned how to read blueprints and use a compressed air glue gun to glue foam. the people were great. The hardest part of the job was being tired after it was done, but the most enjoyable part was definitely the people.

About Specialized Staffing Solutions

Specialized Staffing Solutions employs thousands of employees each year for the region's leading employers. We work with employers – Read more

Specialized Staffing Solutions Salaries