Specialized Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

Very clean environment to work in.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 30, 2017
I liked going to work, it was a clean and relaxed environment. We did something different each day. Our supervisors always kept us up to date on how well production was going. there were no hard parts to this job. The training was professional,they made it simple.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Being sent home early
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIOctober 19, 2017
It was faced paced and easy to learn many of the job duties. Everyone was pleasure to work with and I definitely enjoyed working 3rd shift. Supervisor and trainees were very helpful.
Friendly place they also have good jobs to hand out that are paying great and u get overtime as well at some jobs i wouldnt mind working for them.
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  CtsSeptember 15, 2017
They worked with me and gave me good jobs that i could make it too and i loved the fact that the people that worked in the office were really nice to me
Don't waste your time. Most of these reviews are fake
Nothing (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INSeptember 10, 2017
I call every other day, they say "we will check you," I call in again, they said that I've already called and they will find a job that matches my job history. I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE IN FACTORY. My jobs have all been in office. They won't even let me gain experience for a factory job. They just give me the run around. ALL the temp agencies in Elkhart do.
Pros
Non
Temporary employment
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 18, 2017
This is a temporary employment agency that help you if you are new in the area or need help branching out your work experience! They do a pretty good job and it's a good way to get into the manufacturing life.
Pros
Find you jobs
Cons
It's only temporary most of the time
Dont Work Here
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Oak Forest, ILJuly 10, 2017
No opportunity to grow and titles are given to staff without prior experience to "boost your momentum" however they will let you go without warning. Not a secure place to work/
Official response from Specialized Staffing Solutions
July 29, 2017

You must have the wrong Specialized Staffing. We do not have offices in IL.

Unlimited overtime
Packer/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 29, 2017
Good place to make money but bad place if you want time with your family. Days off are hit n miss, high turn over rate, very little respect for the workers
Pros
Lots of money to be made
Cons
very little time to spend with family or anything non work related
Ok
Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2017
Didn't too much like the job because of the jobs they sent me on for less pay. But because of the Temp Service they help me find a job at walmart so it was ok.
Good temp service
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 8, 2017
This temp service is very good at finding employment that fits each individual. I would recommend this temp service to other job seekers as well......
Meatgrinder
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 1, 2017
You will supervise undesirables. Low skilled workforce consists of people on work release, medical restrictions, developmental disabilities. Icing on the cake for me was when the owner ordered me to go to the homeless shelter in Elkhart and pick up a batch of people to lump at the bakery. Nightmare scenario work environment. Pays good though
Pros
Checks clear
Cons
See above
Facility Could improve some of its policies
Praxis Packaging (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 8, 2017
should take some time to invest in their employees and its staff. they allow no talking at all. tell you no phones or get sent home, but all line technicians joke around and use their phones majority of shift. very unprofessional line technicians try to humiliate you in front of your co workers degrading your characters even speak to you out of turn.
Pros
While working time flies
Cons
1 thirty minute lunch over 9 hour shift
Hard working days
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 5, 2017
The day were long started early and sometimes ended late. I learn to do my work quickly and correctly in the time i was given. the hardest part was having to learn something new every other day.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
Staffing Agency
Machine Maintenance (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 22, 2017
The agency was very concerned about filling their openings. However, the position they referred me to was definitely not a perfect fit, but it seemed to be the only position that was close to what I was looking for.
Pros
Job was temporary
Cons
Not enough jobs for me to choose from.
The company they sent me to was a poor place to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 6, 2017
The place they sent me to work at did not listen to reason. They enforced their ideas even if it would cost them 2 or 3 times more doing it their way. Sometimes had to work 2 shifts and come in early the next day.
Pros
Can't really think of any, other than earning a paycheck
Cons
Too many to list.
Productive and organized work stations
Line Packer (Current Employee) –  Oak Forest, ILJanuary 26, 2017
I work at the Meat Market and it was in a freezer. I learned to put different types of meats in boxes at a decent amount of time. I had to fill up boxes 50lbs to 60lbs. I made over 50 boxes for over 10 people. The hardest part was working in the freezer it was at least 30 degrees so you have to dress warm so you can work up to 12 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the quote numbers and taking a little break from the cold.
Fair
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Niles MichiganJanuary 13, 2017
It's OK place but not when you want to stay for very long. If you need to you can always go back at a certain time but you're only a temp. They can in your assignment anytime they want.
Pros
It ok
Cons
Never get hired in
Very fast pace environment.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2017
Very friendly environment, managers were very helpful during training. Fast paced environment, thirty minutes lunch.
Pros
Provided transportation for further job sites
Wonderful people and opportunities
Staffing support (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 30, 2016
I've recently been honored to be apart of the Specialized Staffing Team! They have been wonderful! They don't just offer you a job, they offer you an amazing opportunity, they show everyday through hard work and dedication that they care about you as well as your families. This astonishing company has showed me in such little time how much they care and support our communities! I am proud to support a business that shows so much integrity! Thank you so much for this opportunity!
Pros
Great experiences
Cons
none at all
Great place to get a job
Worker (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 30, 2016
Specialized staffing had been very helpful. They were able to help me get placed at the job that I requested and the staff are wonderful. They also have different bonuses going on every time that you can receive gift cards and you can also be put into a drawing for a new car.
Make a Career
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 29, 2016
Over 3 years ago I had the opportunity to come in and apply at Specialized Staffing as a temp associate just like everyone else. I was always treated with kindness and with a warming smile. With time I became a full time employee for specialized staffing. Although I did not have any work experience specialized staffing was willing to help me gain work experience. I recommend anyone who is looking to start their work career to allow specialized staffing to help them.
Pros
I love working with my co workers
Cons
I have not Cons for Specialized Staffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Specialized Staffing Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2