We are an upscale medical group in the Manhattan area, currently seeking a self-motivated, experienced Front Office Medical to handle authorization of medical procedures/pre-certification and insurance verification. We are a fast growing medical group hat is seeking a dedicated employee who has work experience in the medical field and in insurance pre-certification/verification
- Patient Registration, check-in/check-out.
- Get pre-certification for a variety of different procedures and studies.
- Check medical insurance policies for procedure coverage.
- Insurance company and patient follow up authorization for surgical procedures.
- Communication with patients' on their out of pocket expense for procedures.
- Answering phone questions from patients and insurance companies.
- Keep patients notified of the pre-cert status of their procedures/ other studies
Primary responsibilities include: directing and assisting patients throughout the registration process, answering incoming calls, appointment scheduling, verifying insurance benefits and eligibility, and obtaining prior authorizations. Previous front desk experience within a medical practice required.
This position is responsible for coordinating the busy daily operations related to Insurance Verification, Surgery Coordination and managing multiple providers schedules at one location. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of at least 3-5 years experience in a medical front office setting.
Must be a team player, self starter and willing to work in partnership with staff in multiple departments to assure seamless operations. Must be competent to perform in a dynamic environment, while assuring patient satisfaction and provider efficiency.
- Health Insurance coverage, elegilibty, benefits verification is a plus.
- 3-5 years experience in medical front desk in a hospital or physician office setting.
- Medical Front Desk experience required.