Specialty Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Many years of employment
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2016
I have been working as an Occupational Therapist at Specialty Hospital for over 12 years. The people I work with on a daily basis have been like family and offer support in treatment ideas, assisting in co treatments when needed for improving the patient functional status. I have interacted with all disciplines for communicating care of the patients and planning discharges. My experiences at this facility have improved my clinical skills, critical thinking and time management over the years.
Pros
flexible work schedule, good pay and beneifts
Cons
decreased staff at times
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 10, 2016
Good place to work. No ER experience. Ventilator experience right away. Would recommend, plus RT's intubate. Pay is competitive.
Pros
Ventilator, Bipap, Cpap, HighFlow, Intubation experience
Cons
Micromanaged facility
a LOT of turnover for a smaller hosptial
Patient Sitter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 9, 2016
The training was terrible (5 weeks for 3 shifts a week) and sometimes I ended up having to fill in for another position because the hospital was short handed. 12 hour shifts are hard to work. It was a fast paced job and I would say the hardest part was trying to read the doctor's writing to put the orders into the system. I do not feel like I was given the tools to succeed.
Pros
I got a paycheck.
Cons
kept getting hours cut, long hours, training was terrible
Wonderful people to work with
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 31, 2016
Working there for 1 1/2 years in business side of the hospital and I learned a lot about hospital operations and management.

Patient census has fluctuated over the years due to changes in the health care environment and work load went down which lead to less hours with no guarantee of regular hours.

Management and staff really strives to provide excellent patient care as well as meeting needs of its employees.
Pros
small hospital environment
Cons
overworked dept managers
Great experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 7, 2015
Being employed at this hospital allowed me to gain a great deal of experience as I was applying to nursing school. The staff was friendly and work well as a team in taking care of the patients.
Very good company to work for and they are very willing to work with you
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 31, 2015
A very good LTAC facility to work for. They take great care of their patients and I liked the culture to work in. I did direct patient care and learned a lot from the nurses who took the time to teach me. The other PCTs were very willing to help and step in when needed. Everyone was very willing to help. It was a great team atmosphere.
wonderful population of patients, diverse job
Staff RN/Charge Nurse, .Select (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PAMarch 3, 2015
Staff and teammates great to work with. Patient population from acute care to long term care. Intense work field which I enjoy. Worked as a charge nurse which included but not limited to fulfilling all patient needs. Working closely with physicians. Taking off and following all MD orders.
Pros
patient care
Cons
short staffed
All and all I enjoyed working there at Specialty Hospital.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 23, 2015
A typical work night would varies, it can start from day shift and carries thur out the night. It could be from a number of lab runs, or two racks of charts that need to entered. A very sick patient or two may need to be sent out to a local hospital. Yes and all of this has happen in one night with only one secretary, plus code blue.
Pros
good people that you work with makes a big differents.
Cons
sometimes having a lunch break.
Fast paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LADecember 24, 2014
Fast paced and filled with learning opportunities. Staff and management work well together.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
too fast paced at times
Great
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 18, 2014
When I worked for Specialty Hospital, I had a supervisor whom was very fair, and supportive of us as individuals.
Pros
low turn over rate
Cons
personal challenges at the time
Productive Work enviorment
Registered Nurse Care Coordinator/ Case Management (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 27, 2013
Friendly atmosphere. Great co-workers, Management is caring and understanding. No complaints.
horrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 19, 2013
ok pay,high nurse to patient ratio,no support from management, very stressful environment.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
bad management
Learned so much about the health care field and behind the scene work
Administrative Assistant/Nursing Administration (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2013
Many very stressful staffing and management changes during the last year of my employment which led to my separation. Specialty Hospital strives to perform exemplary care for all patients. Incredible support from my co-workers. As with most corporations, communication from management was lacking.
Pros
terrific co-workers, great meals at low cost, easy parking
Cons
management
would avoid
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 15, 2013
Former housekeeping for the hospital 2009-2010 They do not work as a team if you miss something cleaning they throw you under the bus and write you up. Everything is constantly changing from shifts to duties you are set up for failure. Would look elsewhere if looking for long term employment. They also expect you to cart heavy beds to the opposite end of the hospital.
Cons
too many clicks going on if you do not fit they have it out for you.
Management was great
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Triumph, LAJuly 26, 2012
I really enjoyed working with the Respiratory Director. The hospital was a great place to work.
A learning experience.
Associate Care Provider on 60 bed unit (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FlJuly 19, 2012
The hardest part of this job was handling the work load. At times the patient to tech ration was too much to provide the best care.
Working for WalGreens Pharmacy
Position Title - Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2012
Shifts are all over the place. Back to back night to morning shifts drain a person. Not a great place to work while you are in school. Days off aren't consecutive. Work weekends unless requested off.
Pros
benefits, 401k
Cons
work weekends, holidays