Specialty Hospital Employee Reviews

Very good company to work for and they are very willing to work with you
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Provo, UTJuly 31, 2015
A very good LTAC facility to work for. They take great care of their patients and I liked the culture to work in. I did direct patient care and learned a lot from the nurses who took the time to teach me. The other PCTs were very willing to help and step in when needed. Everyone was very willing to help. It was a great team atmosphere.
wonderful population of patients, diverse job
Staff RN/Charge Nurse, .Select (Former Employee), Latrobe, PAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: patient care
Cons: short staffed
Staff and teammates great to work with. Patient population from acute care to long term care. Intense work field which I enjoy. Worked as a charge nurse which included but not limited to fulfilling all patient needs. Working closely with physicians. Taking off and following all MD orders.
All and all I enjoyed working there at Specialty Hospital.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good people that you work with makes a big differents.
Cons: sometimes having a lunch break.
A typical work night would varies, it can start from day shift and carries thur out the night. It could be from a number of lab runs, or two racks of charts that need to entered. A very sick patient or two may need to be sent out to a local hospital. Yes and all of this has happen in one night with only one secretary, plus code blue.
Fast paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Monroe, LADecember 24, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: too fast paced at times
Fast paced and filled with learning opportunities. Staff and management work well together.
GREAT
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: low turn over rate
Cons: personal challenges at the time
When I worked for Specialty Hospital, I had a supervisor whom was very fair, and supportive of us as individuals.
Productive Work enviorment
Registered Nurse Care Coordinator/ Case Management (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 27, 2013
Friendly atmosphere. Great co-workers, Management is caring and understanding. No complaints.
horrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 19, 2013
Pros: ok pay
Cons: bad management
ok pay,high nurse to patient ratio,no support from management, very stressful environment.
Learned so much about the health care field and behind the scene work
Administrative Assistant/Nursing Administration (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2013
Pros: terrific co-workers, great meals at low cost, easy parking
Cons: management
Many very stressful staffing and management changes during the last year of my employment which led to my separation. Specialty Hospital strives to perform exemplary care for all patients. Incredible support from my co-workers. As with most corporations, communication from management was lacking.
would avoid
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 15, 2013
Cons: too many clicks going on if you do not fit they have it out for you.
Former housekeeping for the hospital 2009-2010 They do not work as a team if you miss something cleaning they throw you under the bus and write you up. Everything is constantly changing from shifts to duties you are set up for failure. Would look elsewhere if looking for long term employment. They also expect you to cart heavy beds to the opposite end of the hospital.
Management was great
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Triumph, LAJuly 26, 2012
I really enjoyed working with the Respiratory Director. The hospital was a great place to work.
A learning experience.
Associate Care Provider on 60 bed unit (Former Employee), Jacksonville FlJuly 19, 2012
The hardest part of this job was handling the work load. At times the patient to tech ration was too much to provide the best care.