Specialty Sports Venture

Specialty Sports Venture Employer Reviews

Work hard, play hard
Rental Technician (Former Employee), Keystone, COMay 8, 2014
Pros: free employee lift ticket, living in a beautiful area
Cons: long hours, high stress, expensive cost of living
Hours are never really set in stone since you are serving people on vacation. Christmas and Spring Break made my store a mad house with people who had no clue where to start the rental process, it's like herding sheep. Store organization is a MUST, or else you have your weaker spirited coworkers in tears from the demands, complaints, or just flat out – more... rudeness from customers. Though there were the occasional families that were kind to the bone and made the day worth struggling for. Best part of the job is getting the chance to snowboard/ski for free (I got in 62 days on the mountain). I've learned to be more tactful with guests of my store or coworkers in general. – less
Fun industry and fun environment
BUYING ASSISTANT/SENIOR DATA COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Broomfield, COJanuary 30, 2014
A typical day at work is 8+ hours of data entry. I have learned alot about the buying industry and Microsoft Excel. Management is ok. My coworkers are easy to work with and get along with.
Small and nice work place.
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee), Greenville, WIApril 16, 2013
Pros: pto time
Cons: everything.
Tiny company. No advancement opportunities. Very small compensation.
Seasonal
Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Breckenridge, COOctober 18, 2012
For a retail/ski/snowboard equipment rental shop, it was ran just like a corporate well oiled machine. This is where I acquired my management skills in large groups. For a seasonal job, they take care of their management and carry them on provide work annually.
Great people, fun environment, work hard, play hard
Administrative Assistant, HR Specialist (Former Employee), Beaver Creek, COMay 22, 2012
Pros: benefits, people
Cons: pay, working on weekends and holidays
Can't go wrong with working steps away from a ski lift. Great work life / balance. Quick upward mobility, community vibe. Each of my co-workers I now consider to be friend. Absolute joy to work there. Pay is very low.