Specialty Sports Venture Employee Reviews

Great people, fun environment, work hard, play hard
Administrative Assistant, HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaver Creek, COMay 22, 2012
Can't go wrong with working steps away from a ski lift. Great work life / balance. Quick upward mobility, community vibe. Each of my co-workers I now consider to be friend. Absolute joy to work there. Pay is very low.
Pros
benefits, people
Cons
pay, working on weekends and holidays
Small and nice work place.
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, WIApril 16, 2013
Tiny company. No advancement opportunities. Very small compensation.
Pros
pto time
Cons
everything.
Good Place
Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, WIOctober 29, 2014
I loved working here. Good people, and fun atmosphere. Too bad it ended up closing down.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Compensation
Work hard, play hard
Rental Technician (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COMay 8, 2014
Hours are never really set in stone since you are serving people on vacation. Christmas and Spring Break made my store a mad house with people who had no clue where to start the rental process, it's like herding sheep. Store organization is a MUST, or else you have your weaker spirited coworkers in tears from the demands, complaints, or just flat out rudeness from customers. Though there were the occasional families that were kind to the bone and made the day worth struggling for. Best part of the job is getting the chance to snowboard/ski for free (I got in 62 days on the mountain). I've learned to be more tactful with guests of my store or coworkers in general.
Pros
Free employee lift ticket, living in a beautiful area
Cons
Long hours, high stress, expensive cost of living
Work and Play in the Mountains
SKI RENTAL TECH and BIKE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Vail, COSeptember 10, 2014
Working for SSV now VRR is retail in some of the leading ski resorts in the country. One of the major perks of the job is a Epic Pass that allows you to ski or snowboard. Most job schedules are set to allow you some freedom to hit the slopes at least a few days a week.

on the downside its not possible to only have one job in a ski town. It usually takes two and expect to live with roommates because rent is high.
Pros
Free ski pass
Cons
low pay, high cost of living, limited employee housing. Limited advancement opportunities
Work and Enjoy the outdoors
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJune 2, 2014
Specialty Sports Venture (SSV) is a fantastic company to work for. Its not just another retail job, its a place where Outdoor Enthusiasts can share their love with guests everyday and give them first hand experience to enjoy Skiing, Snowboarding, Cycling (of all kinds), Camping, Fishing, among other outdoor lifestyles. They are strong believers in Work/Life balance encouraging their employees to work hard and play harder!
Seasonal
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COOctober 18, 2012
For a retail/ski/snowboard equipment rental shop, it was ran just like a corporate well oiled machine. This is where I acquired my management skills in large groups. For a seasonal job, they take care of their management and carry them on provide work annually.
Fun industry and fun environment
BUYING ASSISTANT/SENIOR DATA COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 30, 2014
A typical day at work is 8+ hours of data entry. I have learned alot about the buying industry and Microsoft Excel. Management is ok. My coworkers are easy to work with and get along with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Specialty Sports Venture. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8