SpecialtyCare Employee Reviews in United States

fun place to work
SCHEDULING/INTAKE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 3, 2016
staff was welcoming and nice to all newcomers. benefits were good. orientation was fun and not boring.
work hours. coworkers were tons of funs
Word out on the streets
was offered job as a Surgical Neurophysiologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2015
Wow, this company has the worst reviews ever. Any and everyone in the medical field must stay away from this company. I get harassing emails from Specialty Care daily of them offering me a job. One time on two separate occasions, the recruiters got mad at me and started yelling at me because I refused to take their offer. Ive been in the Neuromonitoring field for 12 years and I must tell you that this is the most unprofessional and lame company out there. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!!!!! YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!!
Pros
Cons
Locked down contract, no life and very unprofessional
Great training
Clinical Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 8, 2015
They make sure you know the product before you are on your own.
You are always on call. You do not get compensated for it.
You don't get paid for on call hours and it is mandatory.
Management plays favorite.
Management gets huge Bonuses, Clinician do not.
Pay difference between men and woman for same work. No matter what they say. Always an excuse.
Pros
great training
Cons
always on call & no compensation for it. pay difference between men and woman.
SpecialtyCare monopolizes the industry - Salary horrible
Clinical Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 1, 2015
SpecialtyCare is a large clinical service provider. Perfusion service is their money maker. You are always on call and you do not get paid for it nor do you get compensated for it. Minimal Laporascopic service is a joke. What a rip-off the equipment are horrible. Neuromonitoring always on call. You travel a lot. These are professional service and the pay is disgusting. No life. You work 40 hours a week and you are on call for 60 or more hours a week. Mangement don't care, but they get huge bonuses. Nashville throws lavish rah rah parties. Hundred's of thousand of dollars wasted and who cares about the clinicians.
Pros
you learn a lot. great for new grad
Cons
find another job otherwise you will be stuck in it.
very flexible and great people
Billing Representative/Coder (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TN.October 14, 2014
creating encounters / coding encounters / charging to reduce unbilled.
learned about insurance and cms changes on a regular basis.
great people to work with and for with a flexible schedule and understanding of family.
the most enjoyable part of the job is having a wonder group of people to work with and consistently learning about billing and coding.
SpecialtyCare
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 28, 2014
My day either consists of minimally invasive surgery support or auto-transfusion help in operating rooms around the area. Since being employed with SpecialtyCare I've found that I really enjoy working in the medical field and I've learned a lot about anatomy and basic medical knowledge. The hardest part about my job is taking trauma call and working trauma cases, those cases take a lot of mental preparation. The most enjoyable part about my job is being able to help patients.
The management is horrible
Clinical technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 15, 2015
I would not want my worse enemy to work their. The management is horrible. The only thing they think about is when they can leave. Favoritism plays a major part in weather you move up or not.
Pros
salary
Cons
the management is horrible
great environment
Billing/Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 22, 2014
A typical day was very busy but interesting learned new things daily co-workers were great supervisor was very willing to share new ideas and help you make your job fun but still worked hard.
Pros
flex time very important loved that they had it
Cons
health benefits very bad when you have a family
Good place to start in surgery
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville KyOctober 11, 2013
Not a lot of room for growth. It comes off to be a better company than intended. You have almost no chance of moving up within the company. Upper management is promoted based on senority. Management has little education and knowledge on the subject of proper business management.
Pros
easy
Cons
on call
Enjoyable, comfortable, Positive atmosphere
Endoscopy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYFebruary 28, 2013
Wonderful co-workers everybody helped each other out. Excellent management. I found I was learning something new everyday and I took it as a positive experience in furthering my education in the medical field.
Pros
always help available, good benefits
Poor Company Values
Autotransfusion (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 16, 2013
Company does seem better then intended at first
Management does not care about employees or company
Poor judgment
Poor Pay
Training Overrated
Very Very Sketchy
All it basically is a bunch of companies that have been bought out and combined into one
Lack of Effort
It is a decent starting point if you are looking to get into the medical field
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 8, 2014
A typical day is working cases and cleaning instrumentation.
I learned how to use different types of laparoscopic medical equipment and video systems. I also learned some anatomy of the human body.
Management I thought is a weak link in the company. I felt they did not identify with their employees. I also felt like the company was top heavy when it came to salaries. I understand that the people in the corporate office make more than the workers in the accounts but I also think that their wages could have been a little more competitive with the rest of the market.
With the turnover rate as high as it is with this company it was difficult to establish long term relationships with co-workers but the ones I did have were good working relationships. We worked hard everyday. The hardest part of this job was the weak management, low pay and turnover rate. The most enjoyable part of this job was working in the medical field and being a part of the surgery team.
Pros
working in the medical field
Cons
healthcare benefits
Very fast paced
Sterile Processing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2013
Oversee staff to ensure quality service to the o.r. staff. Kept detailed records of all sterilized instrumentation in the department.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Under Paid
Autotransfusion/Anesthesia Tech/CVMT (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 22, 2013
24 Hour and 18 hour shifts. Not a team atmosphere. Direct management was under qualified and did not know how to be a manager.
Minimally Invasive Surgical Support
Minimally invasive surgical support (Former Employee) –  DelawareMay 19, 2015
The only people that will keep you sane in here is your co working but aside from that everything is horrible...from getting a surprise visit from your manager hours after she leaves...most of the people main concern is what time are they going home and sadly when working people in there kinda feel each other to see whose gonna work in certain areas and whose not...there is no balance between work and job..long story short you're not gonna have a life...flexible schedule sounds good right....no..it's more like you're not gonna know you're schedule the day before you work...if you have an appointment...you have to let them know weeks prior...getting promoted is easy..you just have to be in their level..which is pretty low ..always have to suck up if you want your 2% raise...overtime...don't even think about it....in a week you 40 hours or less but if they think you're gonna have overtime..they will send you home early but if you did have overtime...the management will be in you're behind all day...benefits are somewhat good...had united healthcare for insurance...eye med for vision delta for dental...it never gets bored in There due to the fact that in different areas..you do different job....if you work in here...you'll see what I said...if not there are a lot of job out there to choose from
Pros
30 minute lunch break and salary..sent you home early if there is nothing to do
Cons
Horrible management, no overtime
Great Job
Endo-Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJune 25, 2012
Very education.
Learn different surgery a day
Good staff
Manager was OK
Great coworkers. Horrible mgmt. Horrible company
Certified anesthesia technician (Former Employee) –  SeveralJuly 16, 2014
As others have stated, just a company gobbling up other smaller ones then pretending to be qualified to take on those responsibilities. Under staffed, over worked, grossly underpaid. But, since they are the only game in town, if you want to work you succumb to their insulting $13.00/hr starting pay for a skilled position. Tantamount to extortion. They cross the line in attempting to acquire more contracts using shady tactics, often infringing and threatening union protected positions with little regard to rules and regulations all while knowingly not having either the staffing or support to maintain said contracts. They undercut the current cost of providing a service to non-contracted hospitals in order to gain their business, in effect straining relationships hospitals have with their existing employees. It doesn't matter to them as long as they hustle the business/contract. This company contributes to what is currently wrong with our healthcare system. Driven by the dollar at the expense of talent, loyalty and good people. I feel for the current employees and ex-coworkers stuck there. Great guys. Shameful company. You get what you pay for.
Pros
awesome staff. coworkers look out for each other.
Cons
terrible company. insulting pay. under staffed. over worked.

2.7