Spectranetics Employee Reviews

Good job
Quality Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 30, 2016
I worked as an intern. The job was good with good pay. I liked the people I worked with and the projects I worked on. The clean room was cool.
Pros
Good money, Free coffee
Cons
Small cubicle in dark space
HR Manager
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 29, 2016
I managed the HR functions for about 180 employees across 40 states. I was the only HR for the company and handled everything from recruiting, onboarding, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, coaching and training to terminations. I was retained by Spectranetics as a key member to assist after the acquisition of AngioScore.
Excellent company to work for with all the benifits.
Inspector Level III (Senior Level) (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 14, 2016
Great company to worked for but feel my full potential is not recognized / used due to necessity to keep me in the current position as required in order to maintain knowledgeable inspection support.
Pros
To many to list
Cons
Inability to grow with company due to circumstances beyond my control.
Grand dissapointment
Sr. Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsOctober 23, 2015
My time at Spectranetics was very informative and I learned a lot about the industry.Their products are amazing and have definitely changed the face of vascular medicine. Their salaries are competitive and much better than anywhere else in CO Springs and even Denver.
Unfortunately it has a poor work/life balance and you are viewed poorly if you only work 40hrs per week. They reward those that bend and comply with the company culture rather than those who might have a difference of opinion. Upper management has their own agenda and is totally disconnected with their "worker bees"...elitist to the max. The head of my department was a joke and had no business being in that role.
If you don't mind working 50 - 60hr weeks, keeping your head down and mouth shut, this is the place for you!
Pros
Great place for learning the basics of the industry.
Cons
They reward brown-nosers, not hard work and competence.
avoid getting stuck here
medical device assembler (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 3, 2015
managemaent is terrible and the job culture is very one sided mostly being made up of filipino co workers who do not understand the simple concept of keeping the on the job communication in english.
Pros
not too bad of pay
Cons
very segregated and can be discrimanatory
N/a
Facility& Calibration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 6, 2015
Since management has changed from Angioscore to Spectranetics.work load has been doubled and salaries are compared to the rates in Colorado and that caused quiet of disappointment among employees. personally i would like to commute less and be closer to my home. I commute about 100 miles round trip and would rather to work either close to home or commute the opposite direction of the morning traffic.
Pros
Good group of temmates to work with
Cons
Not agood place for advancement
Opportunity lost
Sales Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 19, 2014
Spectranetics is a great company with massive growth potential. The CEO has a vision for the company that will take it very far. The department I worked in was completely mismanaged and misspent. Typical days ran 12+ hours and the director was completely unable to outline specific roles for the team. Every day was a new fire drill which ultimately created massive backlogs of normal routine work.
Pros
the company itself is a very good one
Cons
over-worked, no work/life balance
Great products, horrible management.
Accounting/Finance/Sales Operations (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsDecember 3, 2014
Great products, horrible management. Company has great initiatives to develop employees but don't follow through. Excessive work demands, little appreciation for work. Success of department was purely a result of dedicated employees with good character to perform their job.
Cons
work/life balance
Proprietary work-products that sometimes resulted in government approvals (patents and other types approvals).
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 18, 2013
* Intellectually and technically challenging. Optical and laser technology coupled with medical technology which targeted reducing "the technology package" into clinically relevant products with commercial value.

* Able to work with cross-functional group in an effort to achieve substantive objectives including technical and business objectives.

* The stress of a private and small corporation later converted to a larger public traded corporation, including IPO, and the requirements of meeting guidance provided to Wall Street and market makers.

* The complexities of merger and support / management of wholly owned subsidiary operations in other States were difficult but exciting.
Pros
expansion of responsibilities in a dynamic and new setting (moved to colorado)
Not any fun, just a grind, not about what you do it is who about their favorites
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 13, 2015
Poor upper management. They are disconnected from reality. They don't know what their employees are doing good. They have shared values but only recognize their favorites not based on many good talented employees. If things need to change start with the getting rid of the VP of operations. It was better before he arrived. Many talented Managers are now gone and nobody feel safe anymore. They say they want the best talent in the planet, but all they do is through it in your face. It don't matter, it is all about holding perceptions not true talent with skills and a great personality. It just a grind. Don't be fooled by positive feedback or they are the most trusted company. Beward it has changed in the last year. Sad to see it happen.
Pros
good people on the production floor.
Cons
They are about perception not talent. Look good on the surface, but when digging in has major upper management problems. Poor bonus plan.
Structured FDA Controlled Environment
Quality Inspector II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 30, 2014
Spectranetics is a good place to work. They treat the teammates with respect and are willing to offer instruction when needed.
Pros
Competitive salaries, Team atmosphere
Cons
Tightly controlled by FDA and other Medical governing agencies.
Great work experience, fun place
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 6, 2015
Fun place to work, great leadership team. Challenging HR work but interesting and rewarding. One of the best companies I have worked for in my career was AngioScore/Spectranetics.
Excellent company for full-time employees
Contract Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 4, 2015
Amazing company culture! Supportive management. True Teamwork environment! Best Talent Acquisition team on the planet!!
I loved working here
Temporary Data Analysis Project (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 7, 2014
Unfortunately, I was only a temporary, but I am watching for anything permanent that I am qualified for in the future because it is a very laid back place to work.
poor company to work for
assembler (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 27, 2014
poor work conditions.no communications with management .expect too much from 1 person
Pros
Cons
everything about the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectranetics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9