Spectranetics Employee Reviews

Able to make a contribution
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 5, 2017
Individuals are able to contribute making improvements. Procedures and work instructions, statistical analysis and trending, documentation inputs and standardized / easily retrievable outputs all offer opportunity for improvement.
Technical challenges, poor support
Sr. R&D Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 17, 2017
I was able to expand my technical and managerial knowledge in this position and worked to launch inventive products, However, management is based on underground politics and advancement was minimal. I had 5 supervisors in as many years.
good place to work
medical catheter technician (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 4, 2017
really good job/life balance .. innovative company thats is producing the worlds first major drug coated balloon coated catheter. Work culture is okay.
Co workers and group was great
Buyer IV (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 25, 2017
Overall good place to work
People in group helpful
On site education seminars
Work /play balance highly desired
More meeting rooms
New cafeteria opened up
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
more upper management support
Management is a mess
QA Technician (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 9, 2017
Rules and SoP's were constantly changing and were not thought out thoroughly as on many occasions in my short time there, we would come across daily events that were not governed by any SoP, or were improperly handled by the SoP. Management struggled to properly rectify these issues. Work was also managed inproperly such that some weeks there would be an excess of work than could be performed in the given time, while other weeks work would drop off so sharply that people would be let go, and new people hired a few weeks later when work cropped up again.
Pros
Great lunch room/cafeteria
Cons
Sometimes required weekends. Management was a mess. Poor job security.
Productive and helpful environment to work in
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 10, 2017
Gained experience in quality control
Management team held weekly meetings to educate us on what the company is all about
Very friendly and welcoming work atmosphere
Good job
Quality Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 30, 2016
I worked as an intern. The job was good with good pay. I liked the people I worked with and the projects I worked on. The clean room was cool.
Pros
Good money, Free coffee
Cons
Small cubicle in dark space
HR Manager
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 29, 2016
I managed the HR functions for about 180 employees across 40 states. I was the only HR for the company and handled everything from recruiting, onboarding, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, coaching and training to terminations. I was retained by Spectranetics as a key member to assist after the acquisition of AngioScore.
Excellent company to work for with all the benifits.
Inspector Level III (Senior Level) (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 14, 2016
Great company to worked for but feel my full potential is not recognized / used due to necessity to keep me in the current position as required in order to maintain knowledgeable inspection support.
Pros
To many to list
Cons
Inability to grow with company due to circumstances beyond my control.
Would not recommend this job to anyone.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 29, 2015
Management is terrible. They would let anyone get away with murder if they liked you.The workers have no respect for their managers and senior leaders. The hardest part of my job is the people, they are always up in your case about everything.
Pros
excellent benefits and annual bonuses and raises
Cons
The people there are terrible at their job snd dont listen to their managers.

Want to know more about Spectranetics?

Ask a question
avoid getting stuck here
medical device assembler (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 3, 2015
managemaent is terrible and the job culture is very one sided mostly being made up of filipino co workers who do not understand the simple concept of keeping the on the job communication in english.
Pros
not too bad of pay
Cons
very segregated and can be discrimanatory
Grand dissapointment
Sr. Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsOctober 23, 2015
My time at Spectranetics was very informative and I learned a lot about the industry.Their products are amazing and have definitely changed the face of vascular medicine. Their salaries are competitive and much better than anywhere else in CO Springs and even Denver.
Unfortunately it has a poor work/life balance and you are viewed poorly if you only work 40hrs per week. They reward those that bend and comply with the company culture rather than those who might have a difference of opinion. Upper management has their own agenda and is totally disconnected with their "worker bees"...elitist to the max. The head of my department was a joke and had no business being in that role.
If you don't mind working 50 - 60hr weeks, keeping your head down and mouth shut, this is the place for you!
Pros
Great place for learning the basics of the industry.
Cons
They reward brown-nosers, not hard work and competence.
Excellent company for full-time employees
Contract Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 4, 2015
Amazing company culture! Supportive management. True Teamwork environment! Best Talent Acquisition team on the planet!!
N/a
Facility& Calibration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 6, 2015
Since management has changed from Angioscore to Spectranetics.work load has been doubled and salaries are compared to the rates in Colorado and that caused quiet of disappointment among employees. personally i would like to commute less and be closer to my home. I commute about 100 miles round trip and would rather to work either close to home or commute the opposite direction of the morning traffic.
Pros
Good group of temmates to work with
Cons
Not agood place for advancement
Great work experience, fun place
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 6, 2015
Fun place to work, great leadership team. Challenging HR work but interesting and rewarding. One of the best companies I have worked for in my career was AngioScore/Spectranetics.
Not any fun, just a grind, not about what you do it is who about their favorites
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 13, 2015
Poor upper management. They are disconnected from reality. They don't know what their employees are doing good. They have shared values but only recognize their favorites not based on many good talented employees. If things need to change start with the getting rid of the VP of operations. It was better before he arrived. Many talented Managers are now gone and nobody feel safe anymore. They say they want the best talent in the planet, but all they do is through it in your face. It don't matter, it is all about holding perceptions not true talent with skills and a great personality. It just a grind. Don't be fooled by positive feedback or they are the most trusted company. Beward it has changed in the last year. Sad to see it happen.
Pros
good people on the production floor.
Cons
They are about perception not talent. Look good on the surface, but when digging in has major upper management problems. Poor bonus plan.
Great products, horrible management.
Accounting/Finance/Sales Operations (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsDecember 3, 2014
Great products, horrible management. Company has great initiatives to develop employees but don't follow through. Excessive work demands, little appreciation for work. Success of department was purely a result of dedicated employees with good character to perform their job.
Cons
work/life balance
Opportunity lost
Sales Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 19, 2014
Spectranetics is a great company with massive growth potential. The CEO has a vision for the company that will take it very far. The department I worked in was completely mismanaged and misspent. Typical days ran 12+ hours and the director was completely unable to outline specific roles for the team. Every day was a new fire drill which ultimately created massive backlogs of normal routine work.
Pros
the company itself is a very good one
Cons
over-worked, no work/life balance
I loved working here
Temporary Data Analysis Project (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 7, 2014
Unfortunately, I was only a temporary, but I am watching for anything permanent that I am qualified for in the future because it is a very laid back place to work.
Structured FDA Controlled Environment
Quality Inspector II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 30, 2014
Spectranetics is a good place to work. They treat the teammates with respect and are willing to offer instruction when needed.
Pros
Competitive salaries, Team atmosphere
Cons
Tightly controlled by FDA and other Medical governing agencies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectranetics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5