Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 7,663 reviews matching the search
Its a job
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 22, 2017
I never thought that I would work for such a big company. The managers and coworkers were ok for the most part. The schedule was ok most days but the hours were long or cut short.
Good starting position for anyone looking to enter the IT field or a Help Desk Role
Social Media Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Great place to start if you are looking for a place to get the basics down of proper over the phone etiquette and learning troubleshooting workflows in respect to technological and electrical services. Do expect some micro management at times as in most corporate environments. Very much took advantage of the employee courtesy accounts for free Premium Internet and Premium Cable TV.
Pros
Always learning new things, coworkers were very friendly
Cons
Micro management, miscommunication among departments
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greendale, WISeptember 22, 2017
Initiated the development of strategies to increase sales penetration and profits for assigned accounts. Identified business opportunities, assessed customer needs, and matched clients’ requirements with the available services to acquire key accounts
I learned a lot about telecommunication industry and technology
Solution Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Very nice place to work. But I got laid off. Bright house is a very nice company to work for until it was bought out by charter communication. Very good Management.
N/a
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2017
If it wasn't for the supervisor I had, it would've been dreadful staying there. Management are not very good at what they're doing. Left because it was too stressful and the environment was like a highschool and childish, with a lot of drama.
good benefits call center mgmt could be better
Call Center Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 22, 2017
not the most transgender friendly place to work. they gave me issues at the van nuys call center ..........................................................
Contractor Feedback
Sr. Broadband Technician/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 22, 2017
Decent place to work. Requires investing long hours in order to earn a good living. Working on the weekends is not required, however it is recommended since they are usually very busy ( lots of opportunities to make money if assigned a good route/workload).
Pros
Flexibility and Great Pay
Cons
No Health Benefits
lots of motivation to succeed
Inbound Sales Trainee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 22, 2017
cut throat atmosphere
no excuses whatsoever for not selling
every other week they had a different thing to harp on, handle time one week, sales the next, ....never a good balance
Pros
money can be life changing
Cons
stress over losing your job for circumstances out of your control
not a very good company to work for
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 21, 2017
highly stressful with the customers cursing you and mgmt not being behind you, the management and the upper management do not care about your health nor your working conditions as long as you meet the quotas of calls in the amount of time given for 8 minutes per call and no callbacks by the same person within a week,
benefits
Cons
customers, managment
Making money is the goal
Retention Rep (Retaining Customers and Sales) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53212September 21, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact your co-worker become like family. It can a very fast paced, however the pay is excellent. It can be a very stressful place should you not be able to not take thing personal. They are great in demanding accountability for your own growth and development.
Company itself is Great
AP Travel & Expense Auditor (Former Employee) –  Time Warner Cable Charlotte NCSeptember 21, 2017
Mgr in my department is not good to work for. The Company is great! only problem is the manager that I worked for. He's not a good manager. He doesn't train me.
Pros
Benefits is Great
Cons
Mgr
large company now
Senior Manager of Enterprise Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2017
as Bright House Networks it was a small, employee friendly company.
As Spectrum, it is a very large company and the employees get lost in the shuffle.
Fun place
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Its a good place to work if you're not in sales. the environment is sttressful on a day to day basis. If you dont like dealing with people attitudes this is not for you.
It's a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYSeptember 21, 2017
I did learn a lot about tv,phone and internet product and have carried that throughout life. It's really just a job if for nothing else. I was there when it was TIme warner so not sure how Spectrum has revamped their programs
Great place to work. Great people to work with.
Director, Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2017
My role involved a substantial amount of communication with other departments. I was encouraged and did travel to field locations to work directly with the managers and supervisors that were part of my project. The hardest part of the job for me was (quickly) learning and understanding existing process flows and acronyms.
Charter Communications is a solid company with a bright future
Dispatcher IV (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MESeptember 21, 2017
Charter Communications took a big bite of the apple when they absorbed Time Warner Cable and Bright House. The leadership has a good plan for merging the companies and it is progressing, whether the employees are willing or not.

I enjoy working for Charter even with the challenges of combining policies, procedures and cultures from the three companies. Once the progression is complete, I see a better company for customers, employees and stockholders.

Charter really is focused on the customer.
Pros
Free cable service, good benefits, paid time off, great people
Cons
the merger process.
Free services are cool everything else sucks
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2017
i use to be a field tech for the company, very stressful doesnt pay good for what you do at all, management sucks and doesnt keep you in the loop, supposedly there is a program in place to move up (each market is different) but they didnt have the pay increase in order at all just title names and made us have a off site meeting about it an hour before our shift just to tell us the names and not even the pay, was only there for another 5 months and still heard nothing about pay. now i work doing buisness class in hospitals, no attics its freezing cold in there and conduit is pre ran so wall fishes are cake! and making 4 more dollars an hour!
Pros
free services
Cons
everything else
Abi
Advanced Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 20, 2017
Relaxed competitive working environment with excellent benefits and growth opportunity. People are great to work with and they have a great training program designed for you to succeed. I recommend Spectrum to anyone who is looking to make a career in cable TV
Was a Great Company But Not Now
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2017
This was a great company when it was Time Warner Cable but is just the opposite since Charter/Spectrum bought the company. Management is very regressive and not employee friendly at all. Policies and procedures have caused complete paralysis in some business segments. HR policies such as not being allowed to work remotely have contributed to this. Ironically, contractors who have replaced employees are allowed to work remotely though. Health Care coverage has also been reduced significantly.
Pros
Not Many
Cons
Regressive Management Concepts, Lack of Job Security
Fun coworkers
Billing Rep (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 20, 2017
The job itself isn't the most amazing thing. What made Spectrum great was the people you worked with. Everyone I encountered there was in a good mood despite the nature of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.