Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 6,288 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun workplace
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 27, 2017
i was only there for about 3-4 months under Spectrum, the benefits changed after I left. I've heard the new benefits are not great especially insurance benefits. I learned a lot on the finance side of the job. the hardest part of job are long hours sometimes, the most enjoyable part is celebrating birthdays and anniversaries.
Pros
you learn something new everyday
Cons
healthcare
Fun Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCApril 27, 2017
This was an excellent place to work at the opportunity is very well worth the while. The growth was awesome. The way they show appreciation is very nice.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Staff
Fast pace Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 26, 2017
Call center environment, fast paced as well, Great benefits and if you work there for a while they will increase your pay. Discount on services for employees.
Not a good company to work for.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 26, 2017
I was happy working for them when they were Time Warner Cable and as soon as Charter bought the company everything changed. The culture changed negatively and everyone from agents to supervisors were complaining about all the changes. The jobs changed the responsibilities changed and I was not doing the job I had originally applied for. No job security there. Turn over rate is high. Also the company started treating their customers unfairly and started charging customers more money and their excuse was the merger. There is no consistency in that company, When you ask a question you get different answers from everyone.
You are a number not a person in Sales role
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 26, 2017
Overtime of an hour or more is expected yet hear no thanks, but be late by a couple minutes and they will be sure to let you know.
Sales goals are set so high that reps resort to stealing sales or being dishonest.
Commission gets reduced and complicated metrics are implemented to not pay you.
Management is there to crack a whip at you, but knows little of day to day function and complications with existing rules.
It can be a stressful environment, comfort coming from camaraderie by experiencing the same issues.
Benefits are good: Medical, Dental, 401K with matching contributions up to 4% or so.
Benefits
Cons
Management, expectations, morale, dishonest coworkers
Great Job to gain experience
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
A typical day at work is reporting to the office to retrieve leads to work, then head to customers residents to try to convince them to change or purchase cable in their home.
I've learned that you have to create your own leads if you want to stay ahead
Management; Aim to be a supervisor or a Manager
The hardest part of the job is getting the sale in an overworked area.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are your own boss, you schedule your own appointments,
Pros
the hours are suitable for the position, you work independently
Cons
The pressure is on you if you dont make a sale, and everyone in the office knows it.
Productive Work Place
Advance Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76106April 26, 2017
The most enjoyable part is having the opportunity to meet different people, sharing ideas and interacting. Management is awesome and great career building team.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Dispatch
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHApril 26, 2017
Spectrum use to be Time Warner Cable. Answer calls, troubleshoot cable, internet, and phone. Answer billing questions and take payments. The management there is great and will help you when ever you need it.
Fast and Growing
Senior Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 25, 2017
Great place to work. Need to work on raises and technology. Has stability and ways to advance. I only recommend upgrading there technology so they can compete with others.
Service Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 25, 2017
Great job ok benefits minimum pay raises not enough fair manager
and the raises are very basic so to sum it up they don't compensate you for any of the work you do in your pay raise and non union
Pros
job
Cons
pay raises
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 25, 2017
Good company to get started in a sales opportunity. Many changes, must be adaptable. Compensation pays well when you work hard. Many incentatives too.
Great money opportunities
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOApril 25, 2017
The commission structure and earning opportunities are very good. Starting pay is also very good. Far too much micromanaging and over reaching policies will have you leaving sooner than you thought.
Loved my job prior to merger
Enterprise Account Executive (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 25, 2017
Charter Communications has been one of my favorite organizations to represent in my career. For 4 1/2 years the culture was focused on providing what our customers need in a manor that was fiscally and ethically responsible. The product/service worked very well and the customer, management, and employees were all pleased.

The merger between Charter and Time Warner in November of 2016 has dramatically changed the culture. Although I still continue to be a solid performer, I have begun exploring other options.
Senior Marketing Manager, Mid-Market Products (Former Employee) –  West Long Branch, NJApril 25, 2017
Management was preparing to sell the company and decisions were short-term focused rather than strategic long-term decisions. I found it difficult to focus only on short-term success.
Cable Contractor (SUB)
Sub-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOApril 25, 2017
Work was always there, pay depended on how much the current boss wanted to part with. Pay was unstable, work wasn't constant. Learned everything cable, moved states for travel work with low compensation.
Pros
Pay, Self Schedule
Cons
Work load, pay structure, managment
sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 24, 2017
great company. made good money. baylor crowd. good food. fun events. work here if you are young and cute. food is great. great for students. love the environment
I loved my job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 24, 2017
I really really loved my job until the changes happened. After the takeover, the culture changed completely. Though I never had a problem meeting goals and metrics, I saw others struggle to the point of write-ups or termination, which is very sad. Pay not as good, lots of added stimpulations, and got more stressful with less support. I pray all the kinks get worked out and it thrives once again.

Hands down still though, BEST COMPANY FOR INTERNET AND CABLE EVER.

I did love my job, I loved the people I worked with and was sad to go.
Pros
Great coworkers, good benefits, decent schedules
Cons
Very stressful, lack of support, lack of additional opportunities
I learn to sell product on phone.
Bilingual Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  College Point, NYApril 24, 2017
I loved working with what was then Time Warner Cable. It was exciting to be able to make my own paycheck as well compete with people who were the experts in the field.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Dept shut down was relocated
productive fun
SALES/TELECOMUNICATION (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 24, 2017
great company easy to handle customers alot of support from management fair treatment. easy clean environment. incentive's rewards and bonces meetings
Dynamic work environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 23, 2017
As a technician, the task at hand isnt always hard, the environment is always changing. Each job required to drive to a different location, but every job had the basic requirements. the requirements for each job was to take signal readings from one point of the coaxial cable to another and the end result should be a signal within very specific parameters in order for the customers equipment to work. This job involved climbing telephone poles, running cables through crawlspaces, and much more. I encountered a lot of different environments, and during the blazing sun, and cold rain is when this job has its worsts.
Pros
work truck
Cons
heavy work at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.