Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 7,251 reviews matching the search
Fun and laid back
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Billing) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 22, 2017
A typical day was spent sitting by your group of friends. It involved taking inbound calls to assist customers with their account billing. Pretty simple and laid back, unfortunately like all customer service you get the ocassional beating up by a customer.
Pros
Free lunches
Overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 21, 2017
Overall I enjoy the work and the people i work with. However I do not like doing double the amount of work for the same pay and less benefits. I also do not enjoy trying to keep up with unrealistic and constantly changing job expectations. Also when the company makes record profits and the CEO makes something like 98 Million dollars while his employees are the lowest paid cable technicians anywhere is a red flag about where the company's priorities lie...
Pros
4 day work weeks, hour lunches.
Cons
disappearing benefits, unrealistic job expectations, horrible pay for amount of work
Don't work there
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2017
Charter puts making money ahead of its employees. Does not pay anywhere near competitive rates. Fires people to create fear in other employees. No loyalty to people who worked there for long periods of time.
Pros
free cable
Cons
incompetent managment
Spectrum
Escalations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2017
Going in 16 years with time Warner Cable when the merger was approved.
My department was eliminated.
Promotion prospects very limited.
Mostly hiring from outside sources.
Co-workers are extremely helpful
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2017
Charter is a large company with large company scheduling, the intentional support of the staff is highly appreciative. In the position of customer relations coordinator the primary duty is tech support for internet and phone service.
Pros
opportunity to grow
Cons
my schedule
Definition of Inplosion
Customer Solutions Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 21, 2017
Communication is extremely poor. Even when concerns are escalated and validated there are never any true resolutions. This all may not be true of the entire company but it is of the department I had the opportunity to be in. Pay is not bad - but even with that being a plus most decide to walk.
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 21, 2017
Made great money, spoke to great people and provided quality products and services. One of my favorite places to work and would work there again in a heartbeat.
Pros
good services
Cons
not the greatest management team
good place to earn cash
HSI and Telephone Repair Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 20, 2017
The pace is balanced. Some days are busy while others are slow. The culture is employee oriented. The ability to make money and opportunity for overtime is great.
Cable Industry is very volatile environment
Chief Technician (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCJuly 20, 2017
During my time here the cable industry was changing literally overnight with mergers and buy outs so no job security or career growth at that time. Poor management in a lot of areas.
Pros
Worked outside mostly
Cons
low pay and long hours
Advancement
Supervisor Customer Care and Sales (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJuly 20, 2017
All call centers are not the same and this is not a job for those who faint at the first sign of changes or stress. Spectrum is a great place to work and grow as a individual, if you want opportunity inform your supervisors or managers and they will work their best to align you towards greatness. I would recommend this place to those who want to grow and know more about the business aspects of working in a call center. Lastly, all people who work in call centers do not take phone calls and not high school dropouts. They are highly educated in nature and drive.
Place to get your work done then get out of there
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
Nothing special or flashy. I good secure place to work but little variety in my role. I compile data from the 3 companies that recently merged together and produce the same reports everyday.
Time Warner was a great place to work before Charter took over
Critical Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
A typical day at work would include vendor management, facilities planning & engineering, budgeting/ forecasts, Quotes, PO’s, emergency repair, critical maintenance scheduling, ensuring standard operating procedures, interpreting monitoring systems, MOP creation/implementation and project management of ongoing CI projects.
I learned more detailed power knowledge of DC PLant, UPS Systems, BMS units, HVAC, and anything critical to Data Centers
The Management was great to work with and learn from
The culture was also great before the merger
The hardest part of the job getting MOPs approved for work
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting problems solved
Productive and ver education informative
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  College Point, NYJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed every moment being a technician. Most I enjoyed was working with other technicians and meeting new customers everyday. Management were very helpful and respectful.
Pros
good benefits and great pay
Cons
no accommodation for personal time
professional environment
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed it. and it payed well. the people were friendly. the training was very thorough. the facilities were very nice as well they had a gym showers and gaming recreational area that was available 24/7!
productive
Charter Business Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 19, 2017
Spectrum was a great place to work. Good management, plenty of room for advancement. I learned a lot of good skills with this company. Great benefits.
Great Environment
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 19, 2017
fast paced and high volume...........They kept up with technology and had events for employees to keep motivation high. Offices organize and clean. Great benefits
Great Experience
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 19, 2017
Great Job I love the team environment. Very challenging at times but nothing that you cant overcome. Compensation is great and then the benefits are in aligned for the great experience.
Company Objective: Minimal to NO over-head
Sales (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 18, 2017
This company is all about high turnover and minimal salaries. Managements constant changes in policies make moving around or up in this company impossible. They treat their employees like burdens, and if I could think of a company slogan for it's employees it'd be "You're lucky to be here.". Terrible.
A lot of extra hours and management asking for extra hours
Direct Sales and Technician (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 18, 2017
The turnover rate was extremely high. New hires would usually stay no more than 3 months, only due to a high bonus for the first 3 months of employment. Salary pay was very nice to have along with commissions, but management constantly harassed employees to work on holidays and weekends. Goals were never met and were unrealistic.
Charter - The Neanderthal.
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 18, 2017
Coming from Legacy Bright House, Charter just can't compete in the culture, work/life balance arena. I have never worked for a company with such politics and cut throat "do as I say, not as I do" attitudes. I highly recommend finding a different company to work for. Charter is definitely more of the good ol' boy system. It's not so much what you know that matters. It's all in who you know.
Pros
Free cable
Cons
Culture, benefits, politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval