Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 7,267 reviews matching the search
a great job
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 25, 2017
At this job, it is very fast pasted especically in sales its always back-to-back. You had to be a great multi-tasker being able to have multiple programs running and being able to chat with your supervisor. But overall this is a great company & posotion.
Ok but stressful
Retention/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJuly 25, 2017
Its a very stressful work environment. I would only recommend this job to someone willing to deal the stress, fast pace and competitiveness. Not a job for eveyone.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Stress
Great place to work and make your career
Sr Bus Ops Analyst | Bus Apps Report Developer (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 25, 2017
Charter Communications (Spectrum) was a great place to work for 25 years. The pay and benefits as an analyst were excellent and would highly recommend to a friend.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Communication from management
Time Warner Cable aka Charter Communications
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2017
Excellent company to work for! After being laid off due to merger, I wish I could come back and get free cable/internet again (just to mention a few of the perks you get...)!
Pros
Perks, Environment, Business Culture, Excellent Benefits
Cons
Small Gym
My review
Cable & Plant Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2017
I would like the opportunity to show a organization what I have learned as a technician and open to learning from the best in order to a good job for any company that hires me. Thank you
Booooooooo
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 25, 2017
I was laid off, so nothing good to say. The work that 12 of us were doing was passed on to about 50 people for them to do. Plus, we had to train our replacements!!!!
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJuly 25, 2017
Like any job, it has it's pros and cons for working here. If you can handle upset customers without taking it personally, you'll do fine. The best perks were the bonus structures and the free services you get as an employee. The worst part was the starting schedule (but that can be changed pretty quickly), and the base pay, but if you're doing the job right, you should be bringing in an average of $300-350 extra per month.
Pros
Bonus structure, free cable, internet and phone service
Cons
base pay
Fast passed
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 24, 2017
Had a great time working for Charter. Fast paced exciting but at the same time challenging lots of training because the industry is constantly changing.Most days are repetitive and long, but at the same time rewarding.
Pros
being your own boss
Cons
Brutal Texas summers and working in attics
Great place to work!
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time in the Cable industry. It was unfortunate that most Business Operations work was transferred back East. I hope to land another position with Spectrum in the near future.
was great as twc not so much as spectrum
Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 24, 2017
Time warner use to have opportunity for advancing your career and making BIG BUCKS. Sadly that all changed under spectrum. If u are good at sales y can walk away with like 40k!
You get free cable
Technical Support Representative 1 (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 24, 2017
TWC was much better to work for before the merger. Since Charter took over the whole company has gotten worse. You're treated like a cog in their machine. There is never any sort of employee appreciation anymore and since Charter changed everything it's non-stop calls all day long. My call center was switched over to billing after I was hired on as a technical support rep. The 8 months between that switch and my leaving is the worst I've ever felt at a job. We were constantly berated and cursed out by customers who we couldn't do anything but godforbid you hang up on them. Not to mention the main stat management goes off of is the CSAT surveys which obviously you're going to get bad ones since you don't have any way to lower people's bill. Also if you need to go to the restroom or need to take a second to catch your breath, you can expect a supervisor down your throat after a minute or two.
Pros
cool co-workers, free cable, decent health insurance
Cons
non-stop calls, angry customers
There was no loyalty given, give none in return
Charter Business Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2017
I had 4+ weeks of paid time off accrued over the 13+ years at Charter. It was next to impossible to get a straight answer about whether I could use any of it. You can't book a vacation and get an answer of yes or no the day your flight leaves. It doesn't help to ask 6 months in advance. After the hedge fund guys bought the company it went to hades.
Pros
nice building
Cons
some years they were too broke to give raises. most everything else
Great Company
3 Technical Rep, Business Class Department (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2017
Had a great time working for them. fast paced and challenging. lots of training, great staff, you learn a lot on the fly. Most days is repetitive and long, but rewarding
Workplace Culture
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2017
The Management and Colleagues are always so helpful and easy to approach. They definitely had an open door policy which made the office atmosphere a great place to work. They compensate well and overall great place to work.
Micro Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 23, 2017
The management team was very strict on being there. They did not care what may come up with your family. Very strict on selling their products. Did not care about their employees mental health. It was a very stressful job.
Pros
free cable and internet
Pays good but not worth the headache
Account Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  MontanaJuly 22, 2017
The pay is very competitive and employees get free cable and internet. However the overall work environment is negative. They monitor everything you do. And no matter how good you're doing, management pushes for more. Not a good experience for most employees evidenced by the extremely high turnover rate.
Pros
Comission, Insurance, Free cable and i ternet
Cons
Everything Else
Fun and laid back
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Billing) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 22, 2017
A typical day was spent sitting by your group of friends. It involved taking inbound calls to assist customers with their account billing. Pretty simple and laid back, unfortunately like all customer service you get the ocassional beating up by a customer.
Pros
Free lunches
Overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 21, 2017
Overall I enjoy the work and the people i work with. However I do not like doing double the amount of work for the same pay and less benefits. I also do not enjoy trying to keep up with unrealistic and constantly changing job expectations. Also when the company makes record profits and the CEO makes something like 98 Million dollars while his employees are the lowest paid cable technicians anywhere is a red flag about where the company's priorities lie...
Pros
4 day work weeks, hour lunches.
Cons
disappearing benefits, unrealistic job expectations, horrible pay for amount of work
Don't work there
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2017
Charter puts making money ahead of its employees. Does not pay anywhere near competitive rates. Fires people to create fear in other employees. No loyalty to people who worked there for long periods of time.
Pros
free cable
Cons
incompetent managment
Spectrum
Escalations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2017
Going in 16 years with time Warner Cable when the merger was approved.
My department was eliminated.
Promotion prospects very limited.
Mostly hiring from outside sources.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.