Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 7,441 reviews matching the search
Free cable, decent pay
Advanced Tech Support (Current Employee) –  100 Town Centre DriveAugust 18, 2017
If you find co-workers you like to work with it's tolerable. There are no individuals with good leadership skills that are in management or supervisory roles. There is not any morale in any of the departments largely due to the fact that Charter has taken bonus's and convenient shifts away etc, etc, and dropped more and more responsibility and expectation on their employees. You do get free cable and decent pay though. They make it hard to go any where else because you gain a huge cable bill when you leave and will probably have to take an initial pay cut.
Pros
Free cable
Cons
Poor leadership
Love it
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 17, 2017
Love talking to different people to make them happy and receiving the best service and experience as possible.
The manager's and Supervisors are very helpful when in need.
Pros
Make good money
Cons
there will be off days
Field Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 17, 2017
Great people worked there they were nice and helped you out with problem and there was a company truck and gas card along with phone and computer fun building systems and seeing them work
I liked it.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  AnahAugust 17, 2017
I would still be there, but office relocated fromGarden Grove to El Segundo. Fast pased call center, will be answering calls 90% of your day, with a lot to do but, boring at times.
Pros
Free cable services
Cons
Long tedious days
Not the best work environment
Day of Service Escalation Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 17, 2017
NO room for advancement. Got stuck in 'the black hole' with no hope of getting out. Once you are within a certain area it is hard to move out. Horrible shifts for single mothers. No real incentives and the work life culture was terrible
Pros
n/a
Cons
bad work environment, no appreciation for work well done, no room for advancement
Great atmosphere
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
This is a brand new company with Charter taking over. With 3 companies merging it is yet to be seen exactly what the end results will be when it's all said and done.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Advancement
Manager of Field Programming & Implementation (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 17, 2017
Loved my job and my manager in Coppell, Texas. The most enjoyable part of the job was to expect something new every day.The hardest part of the job was also to expect something new every day. You have to be a take charge person.
Pros
great benefits
Just merged
Strategic accounts,employee, accts Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodside, NYAugust 17, 2017
With the recent merge with Time Warner cable, the work environment is constantly changing due to re-structuring, centralization of functions and company culture
My coworkers are the best
Survey Technician (Current Employee) –  College Point, NYAugust 17, 2017
Managers make it difficult and do not provide the proper equipment to do our jobs efficiently. They use bogus performance system to write technicians up and eventually terminate them.
Pros
Discounts
Fun and exciting company
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Centervville OhAugust 17, 2017
Worked in Advertising and enjoyed the broadcast selling to clients.
Worked closely with the marketing team for great campaigns to offer clients. Fast paced and rewarding.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Long days
Its was time warner
Service Tech 3 / Signature Home (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 17, 2017
Regular day go to customer homes to fix problems with cable or make install for customers mangers were good good working culture co workers were good good benefits.
Company does not care about employees or customers
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 17, 2017
Time Warner Cable was a great company to work for and I loved the competition. Spectrum appears to be a company that is looking for a government bailout or to file bankruptcy. In Albany NY, the top sales center in the company, over 60 people have left because of the pay cuts and bad company policies. Management sends out "company policy" emails and then retract them the next day. No consistency in management and they are all in over their heads. It is truly sad....
Pros
Free Services
Cons
Working for a company in a downward spiral
Door to Door Sales
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2017
Go out to assigned territory create your own leads, follow up on new customers and manage new installs on a daily basis. management was not in a fully staffed but worked hard to align themselves with the reps and get the job done.
Pros
Team player's atmosphere
Cons
monthly income depends on manager knowing your sales style mixed with territory given.
Terrible place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 16, 2017
This company is a prime example of doing the same thing over and over and wondering why you don't get different results. They advertise in the same areas and then complain about how they only get certain type of people. Quit pandering to the lowest common denominator and up your game. Quit trying so hard to get the tax break associated with hiring minorities...it's getting you a bad reputation.
Pros
I really can't think of anything positive to say about Spectrum
Cons
Mgmt doesn't listen to anyone with experience from other companies.
Workplace
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 16, 2017
A typical workday would consist of dispatching Drivers to certain jobs throughout the day, inputting orders into our system, heavy phones, two way radio communication, scheduling of Technician visits, quality control. Learned about the whole Communications business from installs to repair. Management was incredible from helping us with anything we needed to being extremely flexible. Workplace culture was very diverse. Hardest part of the job was to leave. Best part of my job was helping Customer with issues and fixing them.
Benefits
Cons
hours
would not recommend
Broadband Technician III (Current Employee) –  Jasper, TNAugust 16, 2017
You will work crazy shifts, have weird off days and poor help. Dont take this job if you are scared of heights. and watch out for management, they picks favorites and will not stand up for you.
Great HR and environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2017
I had a great time here as a Customer Service Representative. They always had campaigns to get us involved in what was going on at the time and so that we met our goals. I had to leave because i was in an accident and HR took great care of me, they let me know i could go back to work whenever i was ready and yes it took me 2-3 months but i was back and i started were i left.
Pros
free coffee, great HR
Cons
no idea.
Okay Place to Work
Sales Support Representative (Chat) (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIAugust 16, 2017
Depends on the work site, but its a pretty nice place to work and the pay is AWESOME.

Have to be careful of getting written up because the consequences are great.
positive vibes
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2017
This was a great company to work for many years ago. It was actually Time Warner cable company when I was employed many years ago. It was a fast paced call center with a positive vibe throughout.
Fast paced extremely busy environment, 80% of the time
IT Manager - Shared Services (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 15, 2017
Fast paced extremely busy environment, 80% of the time. Great medical and health benefits. Very generous paid time off (vacation and Holidays). I have learned that this company is ever changing. To accomplish longevity and staying power at a company like Charter, you must understand that change is the only constant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval