Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 7,435 reviews matching the search
Just merged
Strategic accounts,employee, accts Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodside, NYAugust 17, 2017
With the recent merge with Time Warner cable, the work environment is constantly changing due to re-structuring, centralization of functions and company culture
My coworkers are the best
Survey Technician (Current Employee) –  College Point, NYAugust 17, 2017
Managers make it difficult and do not provide the proper equipment to do our jobs efficiently. They use bogus performance system to write technicians up and eventually terminate them.
Pros
Discounts
Fun and exciting company
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Centervville OhAugust 17, 2017
Worked in Advertising and enjoyed the broadcast selling to clients.
Worked closely with the marketing team for great campaigns to offer clients. Fast paced and rewarding.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Long days
Its was time warner
Service Tech 3 / Signature Home (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 17, 2017
Regular day go to customer homes to fix problems with cable or make install for customers mangers were good good working culture co workers were good good benefits.
Company does not care about employees or customers
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 17, 2017
Time Warner Cable was a great company to work for and I loved the competition. Spectrum appears to be a company that is looking for a government bailout or to file bankruptcy. In Albany NY, the top sales center in the company, over 60 people have left because of the pay cuts and bad company policies. Management sends out "company policy" emails and then retract them the next day. No consistency in management and they are all in over their heads. It is truly sad....
Pros
Free Services
Cons
Working for a company in a downward spiral
Door to Door Sales
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2017
Go out to assigned territory create your own leads, follow up on new customers and manage new installs on a daily basis. management was not in a fully staffed but worked hard to align themselves with the reps and get the job done.
Pros
Team player's atmosphere
Cons
monthly income depends on manager knowing your sales style mixed with territory given.
Terrible place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 16, 2017
This company is a prime example of doing the same thing over and over and wondering why you don't get different results. They advertise in the same areas and then complain about how they only get certain type of people. Quit pandering to the lowest common denominator and up your game. Quit trying so hard to get the tax break associated with hiring minorities...it's getting you a bad reputation.
Pros
I really can't think of anything positive to say about Spectrum
Cons
Mgmt doesn't listen to anyone with experience from other companies.
Workplace
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 16, 2017
A typical workday would consist of dispatching Drivers to certain jobs throughout the day, inputting orders into our system, heavy phones, two way radio communication, scheduling of Technician visits, quality control. Learned about the whole Communications business from installs to repair. Management was incredible from helping us with anything we needed to being extremely flexible. Workplace culture was very diverse. Hardest part of the job was to leave. Best part of my job was helping Customer with issues and fixing them.
Benefits
Cons
hours
would not recommend
Broadband Technician III (Current Employee) –  Jasper, TNAugust 16, 2017
You will work crazy shifts, have weird off days and poor help. Dont take this job if you are scared of heights. and watch out for management, they picks favorites and will not stand up for you.
Great HR and environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2017
I had a great time here as a Customer Service Representative. They always had campaigns to get us involved in what was going on at the time and so that we met our goals. I had to leave because i was in an accident and HR took great care of me, they let me know i could go back to work whenever i was ready and yes it took me 2-3 months but i was back and i started were i left.
Pros
free coffee, great HR
Cons
no idea.
Okay Place to Work
Sales Support Representative (Chat) (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIAugust 16, 2017
Depends on the work site, but its a pretty nice place to work and the pay is AWESOME.

Have to be careful of getting written up because the consequences are great.
positive vibes
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2017
This was a great company to work for many years ago. It was actually Time Warner cable company when I was employed many years ago. It was a fast paced call center with a positive vibe throughout.
Great compensation and benefits, not much security
Regional Director, Project Management Office (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 16, 2017
Charter has made some tough choices and is thoroughly devoted to centers of excellence... a lot of positions have been relocated with employees unable/unwilling to move... and in too many cases, there was no available positions for them in their existing location.

That being said, after a few years that one consideration may be lessened, but I do feel that Charter/Spectrum has been a bit more devoted to getting all employees of a given function into one or one of few locations than other companies.

The compensation was outstanding, benefits great also, no worries about that at all.

The tenuous nature of working in a given location made the job work/life balance naturally low, as all have felt a need to prove value to, at times, an almost damaging/counter-productive degree.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work Location, Job Security
Fast paced extremely busy environment, 80% of the time
IT Manager - Shared Services (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 15, 2017
Fast paced extremely busy environment, 80% of the time. Great medical and health benefits. Very generous paid time off (vacation and Holidays). I have learned that this company is ever changing. To accomplish longevity and staying power at a company like Charter, you must understand that change is the only constant.
Great teamwork, on a daily day basis
Warehouse Tech (Current Employee) –  De Forest, WIAugust 15, 2017
I love working with charter, I find the work environment very clean and easy to work with. The coworkers are all friendly and we reach goals together on a daily basis. My manger is great he is determined and friendly. I enjoy working at this company very much.
Pros
break room is very nice
Cons
healthcare
great corporate environment
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAAugust 15, 2017
What i loved about this position is the flexibility in the schedule. AS long as you were meeting your quota and exceeding your goals, there was flexibility and work life balance.
great company
Tier I Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 15, 2017
great company to work for nevertheless at the time if employment everything was based off a sale it has been years now so things could have changed for the better
great place to work
Broadband technician Sr (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VA 23434August 15, 2017
need more supervisors. 4-day work schedules
great benefits. free cable and internet and phone for in network employees. quality training. great co workers. long drive times sometimes.
Pros
flexible work schedule, company truck
Cons
need more supervisors
Communication
Internet Repair Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 15, 2017
The job itself is not hard or complicated. But the companies way of running the business is very scattered and all over the place. There are multiple answers for every situation which in turn will cause you to scolded by someone else for doing it "wrong". The whole company can not keep on the same page and Most management don't care enough to try and fix said problem.
Benefits
Cons
Management/ Entire support system/ inability to move up/ etc.
More focus on code volume than quality
Sr. App Developer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2017
Kind of like the wild west, big push from product to get things done and contractors sling code like they could care less about future maintenance. If you just want a job and make good money then this is the place but if you care about the quality of your work as well as others then look elsewhere. General design patterns are not used here because shortcuts are faster to code.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.