Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 6,618 reviews matching the search
Enjoyable working conditions
Business Class Advanced Order Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJune 28, 2017
Company offers many tools for learning , and advancement . Great company to work for. Excellent management . Spectrum took over Time Warner, so not much has really changed in our department.
I have been in the department for 5 years and the work environment is enjoyable.
Pros
location, pay, people.
Cons
no ability to work from home
Customer Service
BILLING CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 27, 2017
Enjoyed my time in the billing department. Loved the fact that everyday was different and I had the freedom as an employee to make decisions to help our customer satisfaction rating.
Management was open to new ideas from employees.
Pros
enviroment
Cons
compensatuon
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 27, 2017
Go to morning meeting and straight to the generator in which I was responsible for properly wiring. Once wired I had to go into the system and account for each generator that I wired with the final testing results.
Pros
we had great leadership
Cons
as a temp, we were never hired on
excellent company
Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 27, 2017
easy company to work with. room for advancement. Great supervisors and they are ready to assist. Great place to work and OT pays good. They have different departments to work with.
Pros
free cable excellent insurance
Cons
company kept having changes.
good place with great people
Sr tech (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, MNJune 27, 2017
chances to move up are very limiteduntil you have experience then you can go to the top. techs are very nice and management is very understanding. excellent benefits
Grappling with moving from mid-tier to top-tier cable provider
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 27, 2017
The company is going through growing pains as it ingests a much larger organization through acquisition and now forcing their entire engineering and ops organizations to relocate to Denver. The management and staff are very good though and will do fine longterm. Their primary challenge is they are drastically understaffed in many key engineering and operational roles.
drama
Customer Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 27, 2017
Prices too high, large number of unhappy customers, unattainable sales goals, some techs not trustworthy, constant drama and being harassed by the public
Pros
free lumnches
Cons
stress
Good place to work with good people
Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 27, 2017
Typical day involves diagnosing problems with servers and customer issues. Management is fantastic. Culture here is very laid back yet can be fast paced when needed.
Good COmpany
Construction Coordinator/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 27, 2017
once again I am trying to apply for a job that has nothing to do with Spectrum and you are forcing me to review another company?? I do not understand and feel this should be an optional step.
good environment..hard to advance
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJune 27, 2017
good culture and nice place to work but have found it really hard to advance or move into position that I am qualified to do. At times can be frustrating
Good Pay and Great Benefits
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mililani Town, HIJune 27, 2017
Having worked in multiple sales representative positions, I've gained many skills within the company such as effective communication both in person and over the phone, organization with paperwork and work orders, and also the mind set of you get what you earned with commissions earning.
Pros
Excellent benefits, healthcare, dental, vision, paid time off, sick leave, maternity leave
Cons
long full work day hours, no flexibility with work hours, seniority with hours and positions
Great place to work.
Sales/Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 27, 2017
Best part was the team and flexibility. My manager allowed a lot of freedom and was open for new ideas and suggestions. Ive learned a great deal from my manager.
Fun at First
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 27, 2017
I loved this job starting off, the balance of work and my personal life was awesome and not much demand. Yes the job was Door to Door and we had goals to reach! BUT management wasn't on top of us.....

BUT that changed couple months into the job, they demanded to much work hours and seeing that we were salary, they stopped caring and wanted way too much! We all have families, except Management, which became a problem. Don't overwork your employees, they aren't slaves.
Pros
Pay and Services
Cons
BAD BAD BAD Work/Life Balance
Great place for learning
FIELD TECHNICIAN II - Spectrum (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2017
I learned plenty working here, I would come back again with more pay. I received alot of experience but to move up it requires time and seniority. I loved working here overall.
it can be better
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2017
very flexible, make sales or your out simple as that, you need to make sure you make more then 10 sales and installs otherwise you won't get any commission on your sales.
Pros
great money
Cons
get no commission if only sale 9 installs.
Great company
Manager, Finance- Field Business Planning (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
Great company to work for. Good compensation and health benefits. Always room for growth. If live in the franchise area a good perk is having free cable.
Lacking job security due to mergers and acquisitions.
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 26, 2017
Stressful at times, but overall satisfying work as far as the position itself. Company does not contribute well to workplace culture as they are not willing to delegate funds for any motivational activities for employees. Lacking job security.
High Stress Work place
Customer Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 26, 2017
As a Customer Service Rep, their was high demand to upsell customers that called in to renegotiate their bill. If you didn't upsell you would get a low rating from QA which affects your employment
Pros
Free Lunch, great benefits
Cons
push to upsell when there is no feasiable way to upsell
Merger messed things up even worse than how it was
Minion (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 26, 2017
Even before there was a huge disparity between mgmt and rev generating workers.
Now with the merger and our CEO showing up on articles for having made $100 Million dollars in 2016, the very poor pay across all jobs for their work, especially in Engineering, in all 50 states is poignant and incredibly stinging.
Work life balance is pretty decent and smaller offices have good managers-it is once you get to director and above that a huge disconnect takes place and the company stops seeing people as people and places indeifinite holds on their lives or future career goals.
Saddest thing is the fact that in order to get a raise, you have to leave the company and come back as external for the same job you've been doing for 4~10k raise.
Externals will always get more offers than internals- it's as if the company doesn't want to keep its talent.
Pros
pay compared to average area and title median
Cons
benefits, healthcare
time warner
Escalation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 26, 2017
I worked here for 8 years. I loved this job but so did my managers which made it hard to get promoted. Most people in management there stay for years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.