Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 6,582 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun enviroment and very busy
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 22, 2017
Answering calls from customers looking to pay their bills, technical issues, getting new services or rescheduling services.

Management is amazing and understanding and very helpful.

Workplace Culture is phenomenal.

The hardest part of the job was getting the orders in the system all in a timely manner. Must have tough skin for this job as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to actually help the customers get the bills paid, build rapport, and working with my co-workers as a team made it the best.
Pros
On-site activities to make the days great, Vto
Cons
May have to work a Sat or Sun
Worked as a referral partner
Agent Referral Partner (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJune 21, 2017
Worked part-time chasing down leads and setting up meetings for the agents, got a nice commission for every deal that landed. Took a while to get a sales pipeline going but once I did, it was smooth sailing. Great as a supplementary income.
Spectrum
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 21, 2017
The employees are great to work with but the moving up on the "Scale" is hard. The employees are great but the managers are hard to deal with in a manager aspect
Former twc
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 21, 2017
this hasn't been a good transition for anyone in my position, with twc you could write your own pay check; now with outrageous goals and unreasonable pricing its hard to get any commission at all..... Im looking for another opportunity that will at least have me where im used to being as far as making a living......
Fun place to work with great benifits
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 21, 2017
I was inbound sales and my co workers were great and my supervisor was good but the schedule was bad for my life but some people liked it. It was to many variables that would affect the pay check.
an ok job
Bilingual Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJune 21, 2017
Bad Management
They will get mad at you if you put customer's on hold for like 30 sec even if you have to cough and choking!!
They want you to take as many calls as possible but then that will also hurt your numbers!! plus a coaching for getting bad numbers make no sense
Pros
free lunches, benefits, free cable service, good commision
Cons
mean management
Needs better management/ advancement oppourtunities
Warehouse Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 21, 2017
The area that i work in has no advancement opportunities, I am not fully trained and i have been with the company for a few years now. The old timers get away with quite a bit and management does nothing to uphold them.
Most enjoyable part of my job
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2017
Being able to help my reps achieve their goals and seeing them develop over the year. Having fun along the way with them as we continue to be a top team
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 20, 2017
Great job with great coworks that makes the time go by quickly! I've worked there for over a year, looking for something part time to help fill the time after my shift ends at 2:30pm.
exciting and energetic
Plant Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
A typical day at spectrum is exciting and energetic, you learn how to deal with costumers in every situation. Working with management is very difficult because on most jobs they have no idea what to do a lack of filed experience.The hardest part of the day is when a manager does not no what to in a tough situation.the best part of the day is working with your colleagues and getting the job done.
Pros
gain a lot of knowledge
Cons
in experience managers

Want to know more about Spectrum?

Ask a question
Great opportunity
Technical Day Of Install Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Town and Country, MOJune 20, 2017
Caring and nice workplace. Room for growing and development. Always changes but they make sure you are prepared and ready for the new task. Always a person willing to help.
Did stats only
In-game statistician and spotter (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 20, 2017
I was a free lance stats guy, but everyone seemed pretty solid.

Organization was big, everyone knew their place which was really cool.

I enjoyed doing stats there.
Great pay! Scheduling sucks
Customer Service Representative/ Internet Repair (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2017
Co workers were great. Training was fun too. But once your on the floor (production) it can be stressful. This was my first call center but the angry customers finally got to me. On the top of that my supervisor didn't partake in any of the fun activities the company offered. So my teams moral was at an all time low. Being new you can't bid on shift change until after telephone training. Which I never got an invite to on my 3 month mark on the floor.
Pros
free cable
Busy
Network (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 19, 2017
A lot of work without nearly unworkable processes. The new workplace culture is very old school mentality. The job could be very monotonous most days.
Very busy, customer
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 19, 2017
Time Warner Cable has some great benefits but this also comes with some major company issues. The actual employee benefits are one of the best out there, great coverage decent prices. The work itself is not too difficult but the customers can be a lot of the times, working in the call center business you will find out that people will be more direct and difficult at times due to the form of interaction with the customer. Being so big and changing so often a big issue with Time Warner Cable is that they are not on the same page throughout the company, what one manager says will not and usually does not match what another manager says. This creates lots of confusion for the employees and that then gets passed down to the customer. Agents performing tasks that have been changed or removed completely due to not being informed properly, even prices can be different depending on what agent you reach since not all are given the same source material or promo codes. You are also not allowed to use the "After Call" feature that is IN THE PROGRAM THEY MADE to completely finish a customers account, be it notating or making a change to the service plan. Due to the nature of the job it is very hard to always follow adherence since you cannot always control the duration of a call, but you are penalized for it, this is due to the poor setup of breaks and lunches and the flexibility of adjusting to call duration. Many times the company changes what they prioritize in the "Score Card" and agents must adjust to this sometimes monthly, the issue is that it can mean they prefer a faster call time  more... over fully helping a customer out, feeling rushed when you are trying to be a GOOD customer service agent does not mix well, results can be very poor and unprofessional to reach the call times. Credits can be a hassle to complete even though the customer is entitled to them since it is frowned upon to give out too many credits, even though they can be 100% warranted and legitimate. On a positive note when I first joined the atmosphere was happy, upbeat and great. This lasted for about 2 years but then the company changed to where we no longer had at work activities, raffles, events, incentive coordinators.  less
Pros
Fixed schedule, management, mixed goals, unable to be on the same page company wide.
Cons
Employee Benefits
Easy job for part time work
PART-TIME CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJune 19, 2017
Had a great time learning the streets of my home county and surrounding area; great place to work as a part time employee Would do it again if needed
Pros
Free time; work at your own pace
Cons
Not full time
Merger frustrations
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJune 19, 2017
Due to the size of the merger when Spectrum purchased Time Warner Cable , the transition for current Spectrum Reps was frustrating due to our inbound call center number was having a major affect om our commision an how we were being paid. Mid month changed goals to a whole new format while how your commision would be paid had not changed.
Pros
pay plus benefits
Cons
disorganized
Team members are excellent
Sr. ETL/ Informatica developer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2017
Culture is the environment that surrounds you at work all of the time. Culture is a powerful element that shapes your work enjoyment, your work relationships, and your work processes. But, culture is something that you cannot actually see, except through its physical manifestations in your workplace.
Productive and fun place to work
Tier 1 Video and Phone Repair Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 19, 2017
A typical day at work included taking receiving calls from customers and providing troubleshooting support for PC/MAC hardware and networking. Management is always very kind and supportive and go above and beyond to help employees meet metrics.
Pros
Discounted Services
Cons
Merger put in place a change in compensation scale.
compensation/management/job culture
Accounts Payable Recurring/Lease Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2017
Great employee benefits - however salaries are on the low side for the work you actually do. If management likes you, they'll do anything to help you. If they hate you, they'll do everything they can to get rid of you. Like I said in the previous sentence, the job culture depends which side of management you fall under.
Pros
goof benefits
Cons
management and job culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.