Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 6,591 reviews matching the search
Great opportunity
Technical Day Of Install Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Town and Country, MOJune 20, 2017
Caring and nice workplace. Room for growing and development. Always changes but they make sure you are prepared and ready for the new task. Always a person willing to help.
Did stats only
In-game statistician and spotter (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 20, 2017
I was a free lance stats guy, but everyone seemed pretty solid.

Organization was big, everyone knew their place which was really cool.

I enjoyed doing stats there.
Great pay! Scheduling sucks
Customer Service Representative/ Internet Repair (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2017
Co workers were great. Training was fun too. But once your on the floor (production) it can be stressful. This was my first call center but the angry customers finally got to me. On the top of that my supervisor didn't partake in any of the fun activities the company offered. So my teams moral was at an all time low. Being new you can't bid on shift change until after telephone training. Which I never got an invite to on my 3 month mark on the floor.
Pros
free cable
Busy
Network (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 19, 2017
A lot of work without nearly unworkable processes. The new workplace culture is very old school mentality. The job could be very monotonous most days.
Very busy, customer
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 19, 2017
Time Warner Cable has some great benefits but this also comes with some major company issues. The actual employee benefits are one of the best out there, great coverage decent prices. The work itself is not too difficult but the customers can be a lot of the times, working in the call center business you will find out that people will be more direct and difficult at times due to the form of interaction with the customer. Being so big and changing so often a big issue with Time Warner Cable is that they are not on the same page throughout the company, what one manager says will not and usually does not match what another manager says. This creates lots of confusion for the employees and that then gets passed down to the customer. Agents performing tasks that have been changed or removed completely due to not being informed properly, even prices can be different depending on what agent you reach since not all are given the same source material or promo codes. You are also not allowed to use the "After Call" feature that is IN THE PROGRAM THEY MADE to completely finish a customers account, be it notating or making a change to the service plan. Due to the nature of the job it is very hard to always follow adherence since you cannot always control the duration of a call, but you are penalized for it, this is due to the poor setup of breaks and lunches and the flexibility of adjusting to call duration. Many times the company changes what they prioritize in the "Score Card" and agents must adjust to this sometimes monthly, the issue is that it can mean they prefer a faster call time  more... over fully helping a customer out, feeling rushed when you are trying to be a GOOD customer service agent does not mix well, results can be very poor and unprofessional to reach the call times. Credits can be a hassle to complete even though the customer is entitled to them since it is frowned upon to give out too many credits, even though they can be 100% warranted and legitimate. On a positive note when I first joined the atmosphere was happy, upbeat and great. This lasted for about 2 years but then the company changed to where we no longer had at work activities, raffles, events, incentive coordinators.  less
Pros
Fixed schedule, management, mixed goals, unable to be on the same page company wide.
Cons
Employee Benefits
Easy job for part time work
PART-TIME CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJune 19, 2017
Had a great time learning the streets of my home county and surrounding area; great place to work as a part time employee Would do it again if needed
Pros
Free time; work at your own pace
Cons
Not full time
Merger frustrations
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJune 19, 2017
Due to the size of the merger when Spectrum purchased Time Warner Cable , the transition for current Spectrum Reps was frustrating due to our inbound call center number was having a major affect om our commision an how we were being paid. Mid month changed goals to a whole new format while how your commision would be paid had not changed.
Pros
pay plus benefits
Cons
disorganized
Team members are excellent
Sr. ETL/ Informatica developer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2017
Culture is the environment that surrounds you at work all of the time. Culture is a powerful element that shapes your work enjoyment, your work relationships, and your work processes. But, culture is something that you cannot actually see, except through its physical manifestations in your workplace.
Productive and fun place to work
Tier 1 Video and Phone Repair Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 19, 2017
A typical day at work included taking receiving calls from customers and providing troubleshooting support for PC/MAC hardware and networking. Management is always very kind and supportive and go above and beyond to help employees meet metrics.
Pros
Discounted Services
Cons
Merger put in place a change in compensation scale.
Great company
Call Center Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 19, 2017
Great company overall. Can be more than a job but a career. Like anything in life, you get what you put in. For those who want to learn there is a lot of opportunities to learn from industry experts.
not to much to say
Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
its ok but the company buyout harmed good employees and external departments. but all in all it was a good company to work for while it lasted. good luck to those who are not affected by the company acquisition.
Open to Change
Customer Solutions Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 19, 2017
I never actually worked for Spectrum, so I am not sure of the great updates they have made. Time Warner Cable was always very flexible with their employees which made it very easy to succeed at the position.
Spectrum is a cut throat sales job
Direct Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  College Point, NYJune 18, 2017
Spectrum Outside sales is a cut throat sales job, not for the week of heart. Direct sales in general is very stressful, you work long hours, in the rain, snow, heat etc.The strategy is based on a 3 pass system and you are assigned 300 to 500 leads per month. The base pay is good, commission is great but hard to attain if you do not put in the work.
Pros
Great benefits, free cable, internet phone
Cons
work life balance
Fun games
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 18, 2017
Have to have a good attitude with people in general to work here. Calls are hard sometimes, but if you keep a smile on your face you will get through them
Pros
employee bennifits
Cons
upset customers
will send you into a spiraling depression
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJune 18, 2017
The benefits are great. Only if you are willing to sell your soul for them, that is. Management does not support you, customers hate the company, the business practices are disgusting.
Pros
Free internet
Cons
You sell your soul to the devil.
Don't work for spectrum
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2017
I have work 18 years with TWC ...but since they sold it to charter..spectrum ...the work is bad ...in a tech and now they require us to meet this impossible metrics ..and if you don't you will get fired...they don't want to give us a rise....they said we're over pay,..no pension...the started salary is almost minimal pay...it a joke ..the management is a joke...this company ....charter ...is a cheap...company...the love to fired people...and. Hire young kid ...with no expirence at all ..and do a training in 1 month...must of them quit in less the a year ..because the pay is bad...
Pros
Free cable
Cons
Pay ...lot of metrics...bad management...to much estress..
Oppurtunity to grow
Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJune 16, 2017
Awesome Employee's benefit, like Tuition Reimbursement, Free Cable, Internet and phone services, 401k, Health and many more.

A good corporate culture with an excellent human Resources department.

Chris Mendoza is one of the wonderful Human resources Personal they have there.

If you work in the sales department where i had worked before, you can really make as much as you want, and can, there's no limit to your income.
Pros
Free TV, Internet and phone services
Do not work here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York StateJune 16, 2017
I went into this job with an open mind because I did know one person who had worked at the location I am in for more than a year. I started working for this company before the changes with the merger took effect and it became Spectrum and things have gotten progressively worse. My first 8 months the supervisor of the team I was on was useless..that is the best way to describe someone who knows less about the job than a new hire. The job environment is one of like being in high school and that is disturbing. They had metrics in the beginning that were attainable and realistic, now with the new head haunchos the metrics are designed to fail. I was very excited to be able to grow with the company as the benefits as a TIME WARNER employee were wonderful...now as a Spectrum employee they have taken away many benefits.
Almost as bad as the service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 16, 2017
It was Time Warner Cable at the time that I worked there. I"m sure much has changed since they were purchased by Spectrum. The representatives did not have a lot of power to aid the customer and the flow of calls didn't make sense. The nature of the work was always stressful and I don't feel as thought he employees were thanked that much for their hard work. The best thing about it was the high pay and the benefits - which seems necessary after being yelled at by angry patrons all day
Excellent place for person able to work in fast-paced environment.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 16, 2017
Excellent place to work for person able to work in fast-paced environment. Management very accessible and eager to help you, if needed. Great Benefits. A cured vacation time.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Company still working on buy out of Time Warner, lots of changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.