Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 6,591 reviews matching the search
Good coworkers to work with
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
Good coworkers and great fair balanced atmosphere to work in at Time Warner Cable. Time Warner Cable did not discriminate and was committed to diversity and representing all viewpoints. Company benefits were great including health, pension, 401k.
Good pay, good benefits, employees are just a number.
Tier 3 Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 16, 2017
overall a decent place to work, but the work culture has changed since charter aquired the other 2 companies. The bottom line has become paramount. Good pay, great benefits, easy to get burned out.
Spectrum
Dispatcher Union (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 15, 2017
Spectrum bought over Time Warner Cable and is trying to get rid of our union. Over 80 days without negotiating a new contract. The CEO makes 98,000,000.00 per year and does not want to pay into our union healthcare fund :-(
Contractor: Second Rate Citizen
Senior BA (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 15, 2017
As a contractor, I have to furnish my own computer, monitor, etc. I have to use the guest wireless network and do not have access to the corporate network, therefore I have to use Outlook Web App instead of outlook - which is not nearly as good. I have to use a virtual desktop window to access sites that are only available from the corporate network and VDI is slow, cumbersome and has only browser and file transfer applications. Contracts are only 6 months long at most and renewal is not usually known until a few weeks before contract end.
Spectrum is not twc
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Greendale, WIJune 15, 2017
I started out at TWC, but this year they became Spectrum. Sometime working at a cable company its not that fun, but TWC would look for their workers. When Spectrum came they changed everything.
kl
Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 15, 2017
enjoyed my time there. would recommend this for a place of employment, great co-workers, paid time off, medical benefits
Great benefits, management rocks
Enjoyable, my Time Warner Cable division was a good place to work.
Regional Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJune 15, 2017
I was responsible for making sure the techs and customer service reps had all they needed for the days activities. I would return customers calls that situations could not be resolved through other means. I would check previous days paperwork for any errors, than submit reports to my general manager. Order stock for offices and technical departments. I learnt so much from this position, responsibilities, team work, problem solving and working under pressure. Even with the office being under stressful situations, we make it a very enjoyable place to work. The most difficult part of this position would be when the offices were directed to different division and my position was eliminated. The most enjoyable part was the first few years of employment when the offices were smaller and more personable.
Pros
Training and knowledge obtained
Cons
Time Warner Columbus Division CEO's
Acquired
HR Analyst (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJune 15, 2017
Spectrum acquired Bright House Networks effective May 2015. My dealings with Spectrum only relate to their takeover of Bright House Networks. Therefore my contact with SPectrum hs been minimal.
Shfity place to work.
Customer Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 15, 2017
A typical day is 8-10 hours
Have cattle calls of employment weekly, knowing 80% will fail to retain customers then fired.
What have I learned - not much.
Typical corporate world
Data & Solutions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 14, 2017
work 40 hours a week and go home. Go through the chain of commands to complete projects. pay for your open lunches and snacks and coffee. just another day in the corporate world
Pros
stability
Cons
lack of culture
Spectrum job review
Inbound Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 14, 2017
Great pay, and direct management is very supportive. However higher management seems to not value it's employees the way several of my previous employers have. .
Pros
Great pay, great culture and working environment.
Cons
Closing down several departments without notice.
Great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 14, 2017
Job was really fun. Everyone got along great and coworkers all expereince the same type of angry customers so we all relate to each other and can talk and share stories about things we have experienced. Very laid back environment with free coffee, water, hot chocolate. I loved the perks such as free cable services and the management really works with you when it comes to scheduling and absences you get up to 7 call outs before your terminated so they understand these things happen. I had to leave the job because I did not hsve care for my child. Had they had daycare services would be extremely beneficial. The pay is good for upsate. But, now with Spectrum I know alot has changed. I hate the metrics its unrealistic to think customers will give u 100% satisfication when you cant lower their rates which is 90% of the reason why they call. What i hate the most there is no accountablity for agents who tell customers wrong information just to get them off the phone and so they can get a good survey and when customer calls back your left being the bad guy telling them the truth.
Pros
Free cable, Free coffee, laid back environment
Cons
angry customers, not able to help them much, unrealistic metrics
When it was Time Warner
Inbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 14, 2017
Poor communication. Insane quota requirements. Fine pay. The constant rotation of schedules was difficult to work with. You weren't allowed to change departments in in-bound sales.
Pros
Fine pay.
Cons
Quota requirements.
Good Company to work for TWC
Customer Care Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 14, 2017
Overall good company, high earning potential. Great work culture. A lot to learn and retain but you are given all the necessary tools to succeed. Great job perks and benefits
VEry fun
San Isidro - Customer Representative (Technician) (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicJune 14, 2017
I really like the job. It helped me improve my English speaking skills and it also was my first job. I loved the culture, there were people from all over the country.
Great company, with amazing people and great benefits
Network Operations Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 14, 2017
I've worked for the company for over 5 years now and I love knowing I work for such a great company. I feel like my hard work is appreciated and feel prestige knowing I'm part of such an excellent team.
Pros
Good benefits, awesome co-workers
Cons
Merger growing pains
Growing Pains
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2017
Although the merger was completed a little over a year ago, the organization is still experiencing growing pains. Hopefully everything will be fine in another year.
good place to work
Field Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 14, 2017
i loved working here, everyone was very nice. made a lot of friends. Management really cares about their employees. you really are treated like family
Fun place to work.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJune 13, 2017
Great benefits, fun employee gatherings. Good training, cared about their employees. Provided good training to their employees. Management was very hands-on.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
None.
Productive and fun workplace with several big screen TV sets located in the spacious employee lounge with sofas and chairs.
Advance Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 13, 2017
Heavy inbound phone calls for supplying advanced technical support on cable TV, phone and internet service. But always a joy to satisfy the customers. Management always willing to hear new ideas and suggestions. Everyone has the team first attitude and is always willing to help others.
Pros
Free monthly lunches and games to win prizes as a reward to all employees for their hard work.
Cons
Short breaks and difficult to schedule time off for vacations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.