Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 6,000 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLSeptember 7, 2016
A typical day at Brighthouse Networks is very business oriented. Everyday your goal is to resolved all the customer needs with ones call which is called one call resolution. I've learned to have patience and treat the customer how I would like to be treated. The management team was very understanding and informative in the Auburndale office and the complete opposite in the Riverview office. My co-workers were friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is to mask your feelings on multiple irate calls.
Pros
Company Luncheons, Company Annually Picnic/Family and Friends D
Cons
Exectly Health Benefits

Comment – November 18, 2016

Thank you for your feedback on our management teams in both Auburndale and Riverview. We will be sure to share with the appropriate departments.

direct sales is horrible
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHOctober 20, 2016
They want you to work 12 hour days and they only pass you for 30 hours a week so that means your not getting no pay for half the time you put in your first three months worth of checks will look great but after you will barley be able to make ends meat horrible management who doesnt understand stand a family emergency if you dont sale then yout fired even if nobody talks to you
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Every bit of the job
Great atmosphere, Company tools and truck. Paid training
BBT, Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALOctober 6, 2016
If you like independence this is the job for you. You get your own company truck and tools, along with a designed route each day. With a provided company tablet you clock in and out everyday without having to be at the charter facility. After your jobs are completed and the day is done, you get to head home without having to go back to the office and prepare your truck and tools for the next days work.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, company truck, tools, and tablet, Overtime available if wanted.
Cons
dealing with some customers that are rude, Getting overloaded with jobs. No designed time frame to get off work.
Charter
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 17, 2016
TWC was a great place to work, but when Charter took over, they started worrying more about metrics than satisfying the customer. Charter eliminated work from home, casual friday and instilled a more militant approach. Medical benefits were also changed and premiums were increased with less coverage. Great opportunity for advancement throughout the Charter footprint.
Work environment
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 21, 2016
I would not recommend this company to anyone who is attempting to move up within a company. This company is a great stepping stone for a young adult but there is no long term benefits with staying in the company. The turn over rate is horrible.
Pros
Great commission, culture diversity
Cons
Time management, leadership, hours of operation
Excellent company with even better benefits
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 24, 2017
My tenure at Charter Communications taught me a lot about the customer service field. The training was extensive,(and paid for!) and you always had continued support through management. There were many opportunities for overtime, and the benefits and pay were excellent.
Pros
Great pay, good company match on 401k
Cons
Can be challenging
Good workplace to advance in certain skills
Tier 1 Technical Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 13, 2016
I take care of random situations where I either use the company's database or go to look in other resources to further help and resolve a customer's issue, or I get them to the right places they need to go to help in resolving it. Immediate management changes every year or so. So adapting to new personalities can be challenging, but can also help in maneuvering my own abilities in workplace interactions. I find that it can be helpful in finding ways to benefit from one another so we can help each other progress and move forward. My co-workers are great. I help them and they help me in many situations. We are able to maintain a pleasant and rather enjoyable atmosphere and balance that with the work that needs to be done. The most challenging part of this job is at the busier times of day where you must handle many complex issues one after the other, which can also be a benefit to help expand and even review through my own skills and abilities. The most enjoyable part is being able to find the answer to rather difficult issues.
Pros
Benefits, adaptable schedules
Cons
Some changes can be challenging, but manageable
Exciting Opportunities
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Working for Brighthouse Networks (now Spectrum) was an interesting and engaging opportunity. The atmosphere is bright and inviting. The benefits given to employees is incredible. They really have an absolute open door policy. While certain regulations are strict they are absolutely amazing. If you have an opportunity to work for this company you won't regret joining them.
Pros
Incentive programs, salary, benefits, healthcare
Excellent career move for those with impeccable sales experience
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJanuary 9, 2017
TWC is a wonderful place to advance your career. Training is extensive and detail oriented to prepare you as much as possible for the numerous scenarios you may encounter while dealing to customers.
Pros
Healthcare benefits and steady training
Cons
Schedule based on performance; no room for error
Good place to learn all about business and professionalism.
Call Quality Lead (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 28, 2016
This place has taught me a great deal. More than any classroom could have even taught me. I have learned some very amazing skills in customer service, office administration, business, teamwork, computer knowledge, spreadsheets, finances, you name it. I do not regret one day at this job. It has truly prepared me for my future in any field that I choose.
Pros
Great benefits, Good job experience and education
Cons
Leadership sucks
Collections Representative
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 20, 2016
Liked working for this company. Was given freedom to do my job. Salary was based on productivity, I am a hard-worker and produced highly.
Pros
Freedom on the job, trusted as an employee, commission-based salary, highly-motivating
Cons
Switching of home offices was difficult, job security was not there, always worried about the Company doing away with departments and Customer Service to save money.
Old School thinking.
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2017
The company is a good company to work for, they have great benefits and opportunities. However, they believe in a work atmosphere that is decades old, compensate on the lower end of the payscale, and generally make decisions that baffle the most experienced and intelligent employee.
Pros
Benefits are superior.
Cons
Job culture, and compensation are difficult to swallow.
ok
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 21, 2017
its ok but high turn over . No work life balance and expiations can be to much . This review wants me to go more in to detail what can I say its a job you work in all weather you lift and craw on and under houses you deal with customers daily and you come home to do it all over again . benefits are great but because they offer a lot the expect even more out of you .
It's a model of consistency
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NY - Middletown, NYJanuary 6, 2017
If you are looking for consistency, this is the job for you. It is a fun environment and can give you personal challenges for overcoming frustrated callers and assisting them in a time where you might be the only one that help them enjoy their entertainment. It can be extremely fulfilling.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement
Great Benefits and Compensation
Retail Sales Representative/ Key holder (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 19, 2016
Time Warner is a Great place to work for the benefits and compensation. Co-workers are Great all around the company. Management and Supervisors could do a better job.
Pros
Discount on Cable Services, Benefits
Cons
Long hours, stressful goals and work
Professional, Productive Workplace
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaJanuary 23, 2017
Great working environment with talented staff. Benefits are also great including a pension. Management was also good but did not consult the employee (who are the subject matter experts) regarding future decisions and plans in my particular field.
Pros
Challenging work, flexible work hours, great benefits
Cons
Better than working at McDonalds but not to far off
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 15, 2016
Dress code is very casual. Don't expect to much help from management. Health benefits is great, however the rate of pay doesn't match the health benefits provided. You no longer have the option to sell products to the customer.
Pros
Dress Code Casual, Great Health Benefits
Cons
Low rate of pay, no commission or sales.
A good company with great benefits.
Advanced Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHAugust 24, 2016
Time Warner Cable has some fantastic people working for it, the environment is typically fun and enjoyable. They are quick to adopt new technology and implementation is fairy smooth with few if any issues. As with any company, management can be a delight or a nightmare depending on whom your under. Mostly, they tend to micromanage a little too much and have issues trusting their agents to do their job in the most effective manner. Overall a good company to work for with fantastic benefits and competitive pay.
The company values it's customers more than anything else.
Scheduling Analyst (Former Employee) –  ManilaJanuary 9, 2017
This company has been providing me shelter and food on the table for my family. I definitely treasure my experiences and all the skills and training that the company provided me in order to be better in my work and future career.
Pros
Medical benefits covers everything
challenging
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 7, 2016
Over all, fantastic company to work for. I would recommend this company to everyone. For field work I would recommend to 30 and under, lots of physical labor and need to be comfortable with technology.
Pros
Great benefits, free cable and internet, good health benefits, fair amount of vacation time, super friendly co workers, management easy to work with (open door)
Cons
hourly pay, customers, constantly overbooked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.

72%