Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 6,415 reviews matching the search
Good Company
Field Technician V, BPI (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2017
Haven't worked under Spectrum too long due to the transition. Previously Time Warner Cable was a great company to work for and I would assume the same from Spectrum.
So far it's been great
Purchasing/Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 12, 2017
Spectrum just took over Time Warner, so I don't have much to go on yet. I know they have great plans to advance the company. I'm learning lots of new ways to do my job
Great company to work for and people to work with
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2017
The position is flexible with good opportunity for compensation in sales. Management is great to work with. What I like most about the job is the opportunity to meet with people every day. For those who become my customers and those who do not, I find great pleasure in hoping I have had a positive influence in someone's life.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Quotas
Volatile
Direct Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 11, 2017
So many changes. Keeps your head spinning and off balance. So Cal Directors have agendas that you better be on. Very much a buddy system that pigeonholes you into not knowing who to trust or go to for help. HR does help much and generally only causes more stress. Good job for entry level, but middle management and up is no life balance.
Pros
Health Care, 401K, Free Cable, Okay Income
Cons
Management, Policies, follow Through, Buddy System
Spectrum is a nice place to work has excellent incentatives
Bad Debt Coordinator Lead (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 11, 2017
Spectrum is a nice place to work,good benefits,very good incentives. good location.Nice atmosphere good management staff.good location. CEO needs to have more hands on meetings with employees to advise on status of the company business
Pros
free parking, good benefitts, good sick leave plan
Cons
being micro-manage, short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAMay 11, 2017
An excellent company to work at. Enjoyed the environment and being able to help customers with all their needs. A typical day of work consisted of making and receiving numerous phone calls through out the day, mainly assisting customers with their needs and offering many different offers we had through out the seasons.
Great benefits/ no work life balance
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMay 11, 2017
Well life and work balance is not there, i like the job its self management wasn't great they didn't work with you and did minimal one to one meeting to improve performance. Compensation and benefits were amazing.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
work /life balance- management/
TWC was a GREAT company to work for but Spectrum not so much
Field Collection Admin (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2017
I am at a dead end job without possibility of growth. I really enjoyed my last duties and hoping to find something that I was previously doing. I was a "go to person" and really enjoyed this role. I take my job very seriously and with my long time employment you can see that I am a dedicated person. The job role that I am currently in, once I have completed my work, there is not much more for me to do or learn since the team is split. As far as cross training, they are very big on that. The hardest part of my job is just making sure I balance and hoping for no errors. (which I have next to none). I also do what we call Issue Traks which is when customers make a complaints. I have masters this since the first day of roll out in 2005. I am the lead over these currently and serve as a go to person for these.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
no room for growth
Great job until AOL merged with Time Warner
Credit and Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OH 45242May 11, 2017
Loved this job until AOL merged at which time everything went out the window except numbers. Departments that had worked extremely well together began finger-pointing back-stabbing to reach their 'numbers'. Prior to AOL becoming involved, upper management was very focused on customer service and employee training. Went downhill quickly!
Pros
Excellent upper management and training of personnel
Cons
AOL merger
Working in the Digital Systems Department
IT/Engineering Digital Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2017
A typical day was to sign in into the system. Then, start taking calls to support all the customer's problems across the East side of the country.Sometimes, the network was so slow to communicate via VPN. Here every day was different. A problem will not be the same.
There was so much to learn when the company decide to merge all the departments acroos the East coast into one.
The new management was not prepared to tackle all the problems that encounter across the east coast.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 10, 2017
I love being able to assist people that need help. I love customer service work it is me and what I represent. I love when everyone works as a team to get the job done. No matter what obstacles come about throughout the day.
Pros
Great Place to Work
Good place to work. Little job security
Manager, Technical Delivery (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHMay 10, 2017
Decent place to work. Management is engaged and dedicated to training. No job security. Pay is competitive. Hours are long. If you are in management the expectation is to work long hours.
Pros
Decent pay, supportive management
Cons
Layoffs seem to happen often.
big break room with 2 70" tvs
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 10, 2017
first job is at 8 am, have an 1 hr and 15 min to find and fix the problem. Your next job is at 9 which could be 20-30 min away. There's no one hovering over you all day but you have to make sure you are doing your job correctly.
Pros
free cowboy breakfast every year
Cons
not being paid to drive to your first job and driving home at the end of shift.
Fast paced, high stress work enviroment
Dispatcher 3 (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 10, 2017
Benefits are great and some perks with cable services. I worked for Time Warner before Spectrum took over so I am not sure if the benefits and perks are the same. There was a pension after 5 years vested, 401k and stock options. Discounted cable/internet and phone service.

Very demanding job, call monitoring, screen monitoring, fast paced and high stress work environment, only lateral advancement available. There is a yearly pay increase but based on your job performance and rarely does the company give a job performance of Exceeds standards, it's usually Meets standards at best. There is also a cap at which you can get a pay increase each year.

Be aware of health problems that can be caused from job such as carpal tunnel issues, hip and lower back issues from sitting long periods of time, and stress.
Pros
benefits, retirement plan, discounted cable service
Cons
pay increase caps, high stress, a lot of typing, sitting, mostly only lateral promotions-advancements
It was a job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 10, 2017
It was a call center. very hectic and loud. a lot to learn but decent incentives and commission for selling certain promotions and tv packages. Im not sure how spectrum is but time Warner cable was like that.
best place to work
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2017
This company is treating their employees good. They provide good training, job site assistance. Pay is fair, but there is good growth in the career. Management is good and carrying .
Self Providing work place
Community Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMay 10, 2017
Must be able to work alone and manage account alone. Ability to drive and answer a phone is required. Travel to multiple properties is required. management of property maintenance is required.
Everything changes
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP/BACK OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMay 9, 2017
It was great at first for many years. Like a family. Buy outs and merges and everything changes. Enjoyed my job there extremely. Was laid off in recent merge. Miss my former position.
Pros
Pay, vacation, benefits
Cons
cut backs
Fun workplace but very mundane.
Tier 3 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2017
I worked as a tier 3 tech support technician in the middle of the TWC/Spectrum merger and Spectrum and the job was just fine. The pay seemed as though it was quite low for the area I was in due to costs of living but it kept me afloat. The work was generally alright but most of the time you'd be penalized for things completely out of your control. The free cable service was nice, but that was about the only very good thing about the job.
Pros
flexible schedule, free cable.
Cons
no advancement and very repetitive.
Upper Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 9, 2017
Promotions given by who you know not what you know. Your experience, skills, understanding of the responsibilities of the job did not matter to the hiring manager in corporate because they had little to no knowledge of the responsibilities of the department/group.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.