Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 7,451 reviews matching the search
Great place to us you techicnal skills
Tier 3 Tech (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2017
The company allowed you to use you technical skills to try and fix the client's problem over the phone. If you couldn't you would roll a truck asap. The company had good benefits for those you needed them.
Pros
Great working with people
Cons
Don't have time to listen to personal issues of clients
Time Warner Cable was a great place to work!
Operations Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 8, 2017
Since this review requires my input about Charter Spectrum, I can only say that their acquisition of Time Warner Cable purged extreme talent from the Time Warner Cable leadership which was unfortunate. Whether that was the right decision is yet to be known.
Pros
Time Warner Cable was an excellent place to work with the right vision, support and leadership.
Cons
Charter acquired Time Warner Cable and will do things their own way, with no regard to listening to the success and strategy of others, they acquired.
Run
STREET MONKEY IN KC (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2017
Great benefits....

Thats all I can say!
Great benefits....!

Management was horrible,,

Pay was horrible,

You definately earned your money here if you had a car left at the end of the week.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Everything else
Not a stable company to work for
Sales Operations Support Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCAugust 8, 2017
Not a stable company to work for. If you aren't apart of a click you will not get promoted. They rarely promote people that actually know what they are doing.
Pros
its a job
Cons
they dont care about their employees, implement bad policies that make agents jobs harder
stressful
Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 8, 2017
the job is major headache, too may changes. crazy metrics. Not enough help. no one wants to help with escalations. They don't paly about attendance. Overtime is available.
hello
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 8, 2017
I will not comment on this. My personal experience with this company has left a not so great taste in my opinion. That's all I really have to say about this.
Senior Broadband Installer (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 8, 2017
This was a great job. You get a lot of benefits and freedom. You don’t have someone always looking over your shoulder. You get your own work van to take home every night. this is a great career for someone that is self motivated.
High pressure
Inbound E-Commerce Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 8, 2017
VERY high pressure sales may suit some people however, with all the constant changing requirements goals (lowering average call time) and write up for minor infractions such as going over lunch/break by 1 minute (literally-no exasperation), it doesn’t work for time. Even though, there’re some wonderful Supervisors and Managers, I felt I was a number and expendable. Keep in mind, there must be a reason why there’re constantly hiring. They have a culture of weeding out people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
you're a number
Average
Transport & Capacity Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COAugust 8, 2017
There's some good points, and not so good points. It mostly balances out. Benefits are pretty good, but some improvement regarding the overall work environment wouldn't hurt.
Pressure Cooker
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2017
Compensation plan changes any time success is met which is not encouraging and leads to bad morale, dishonest and unethical behavior and favoritism in management. Product and services weak and technology lags behind competitors. Customer service terrible.Do not accept a position here.
Pros
good healthcare benefits
Cons
unrewarding job
Don't care about workers, mkaes cuts and changes all the time.
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 8, 2017
horrible company to work for, they don't care about the customer. The cut a lot of stuff wages, commission, breaks/lunch time, bonuses, insurance, sick time and cable services. They cut a lot of corners to try to save money but most of them cost them customers, but they don't care about losing customers. Phone reps can say anything to a customer and the company seems ok with that. The computer system you use everyday has tons of errors and management doesn't know how to fix it and doesn't care. We had issues that would make it so one couldn't put in new orders for new customers and no one seemed to care. Our supervisors couldn't do our job and if we ever had issues couldn't tell us how to fix it or who to talk to.
Pros
building had ac and ok chairs
Cons
pretty much everything else
Very nice workplace and nice benefits
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 8, 2017
Great place to work and the benefits are wonderful. I enjoyed working there for the past 17 years. I learned a lot in my years there. I also got the opportunity to advance my career and ended up being a part of the reporting team that provided analysis and reporting for the entire company.
Great Company Great People
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTAugust 8, 2017
Telesales Rep's day started at 9 am then ran until 5 pm
A rep was responsible to make 60 to 70 calls per day to existing clients to sell additional lines of business to existing accounts.
I learned to deal with SMB "retail" accounts and the in/outs of this market.
Supervisors/Managers were readily available to help and guide reps through "different" issues and situations that happened fairly regularly.
I have to say the workplace culture was very good, great people always ready to lend a hand to a colleague.
Hardest part of the job was getting accurate competitive intelligence.
ie. Client contracts with other providers ..Op out clauses could be a huge issue in closing a deal.
It was an enjoyable job...
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Time Warner had a better handle on call centers
Merger has not been easy
Credit Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2017
Mergers nearly always have obstacles to overcome, and this one is no different. The level of experience that Time Warner Cable had does not seem of great interest to new Charter leadership.
all they care about in the bottom line the money, not the employees
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 8, 2017
Spectrum is trying to bring small town idea's Ft Worth, to the big city North Texas, its not working the area is way to massive to be handle the same.
Pros
4 day work weeks
Cons
the company is divided Dispatch is treated different, we didn't get the same perks as customer service, and was paid less and the monthly bonus is now a yearly bonus
You get out what you put in!!!!
Internet / Phone Repair (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2017
Slackers this is not the place for you. If you have a good work ethic and are willing to learn and work hard this is the place for you!!! There is plenty of opportunity for those who want to advance. There are optional shift bids that happen quite often if you need to change your schedule and also Temporary shift changes if you have a family issue. It can be hectic at times but the compensation is above average - very good in Louisville KY.
Pros
Steady Work, Advancement PTO Abover average $$$
Cons
Hectic at times....
Do not work here unless you love sales.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYAugust 8, 2017
You better have sales in your veins. Overly competitive atmosphere. Barely have time to breathe. I regret working here completely. Sales is not for me.
Pros
Cafeteria on site
Cons
Bad work environment
Was a very good place to work when TWC, less so now that Charter bought us
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 8, 2017
When we were Time Warner Cable, we had good direction, good management, and a clear plan on where the company was going. Now that we are Spectrum, owned by Charter Communications, we seemed to have taken a step backwards. Our video technology offerings are more limited, our packages are more limited, and our prices are increasing. On our Enterprise part of the business, we are overworked and lack clear direction. Our re-organization has caused a number of experienced, talented people to leave the company.

On the positive side, the re-organization has allowed for new opportunities for those inside the company. We are going through merger pains, but hopefully upper management will take the best of both companies to make a better one. In addition, our HSD offerings have not suffered, and that should help our reputation as we transition the other elements of our business to the new Spectrum brand.
Pros
Free cable, internet, home phone. Decent 401k. Variety of opportunities
Cons
Workload, healthcare and 401k not as good as under TWC, poorer offerings to customers, compensation could be better
very disorganized, very little areas for growth, and no feeling of job security.
Concierge Community Solutions (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
The benefits are very good, managerial skills with management can improve. Too much time during the day wasted in checking in every morning, afternoons and evening. By the time I get to my properties to meet with my property managers and customers half of the day is wasted in conferences and checking in calls several times through out the day.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
too much time wasted, checking in every mornings, and continuous check in through out the day via conference calls.
Good place
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 7, 2017
This is a very good company to work for. The culture is pretty good. Everybody is very nice and helpful. Big company so its easy to move up with the company.
Pros
Easy to move up with the company
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.