Spectrum Brands Employee Reviews

Very good work experience.
Territory Account Manager - HHI (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJanuary 19, 2016
I sold and serviced hardware to a network of retail stores, distributors, and OEM manufacturers. My manager was demanding, but very fair. Overall, it was a very positive experience.
Just OK
Digital Content Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Perks- free products, in house cafeteria, Lunch and Learn meetings.

Pay is low and the hours can be long with a high turnover rate.

Learn all you can then run to a bigger and better company.
Pros
free products
Cons
low pay
Its Okay
Electronics Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CADecember 25, 2015
They want to be an electronics company but still haven't internalized what that means or how to recruit people from the electronics industry.
Salary and benefits are not up to par with other innovating tech companies. Food options are overpriced on site cafe, bad coffee in the printer room (cups are not provided), No stock options, no cash bonuses, no performance incentives, HR openly touts one of their responsibilities is "Union Prevention"...

They are willing to make sure you have the tools you need, the location is nice, and a couple of the manager will leave you alone to actually work but 60-70% of your time will be spent in meetings.
Pros
It could be worse
Cons
see above
Flexible, fast paced Individualized workplace
Seasonal Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaNovember 30, 2015
Good place to work with opportunities to learn important/marketable skills of the supply-chain and Retail sales industry. Physically demanding, but open ended and schedule friendly work environment; great for college students. Great place to network.
Pros
Work alone, mileage reimbursement, flexible schedule
Cons
Seasonal, hourly cuts near end of season
Productive and Efficient Facility
Chemical Engineer Intern- Batching (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 20, 2015
The plane operated very efficiently and was highly productive. A high value was put on work benefiting production and cost savings.
Productive and a very fun workplace
Project Management Intern/ Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MONovember 17, 2015
A great balance of work, fun, and social life. Managers and workers are all very easy to talk to and work with. The company is very interested in making sure workers are not only well equipped work, but take a great interest in employees health and life in general.
Confused Management Staff
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WINovember 16, 2015
Management and HR staff seem to be confused, moving around without direction.

To summarize, it seems like many of the Management and HR staff are "faking it until they make it" as a philosophy.

Could be a great place to work down the road.
Pros
Many of the Co-workers were great, Great learning experience
nice environment
Pick and Pack (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CANovember 4, 2015
overall the warehouse was friendly. the people are very nice and you get the help you need. each day before starting work we performed a warm up exercise to keep us in good shape and to prevent any injuries.
Pros
always busy
Cons
no cell phones allowed in the warehouse
Good job culture
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Mexico, MEOctober 20, 2015
It is a good place to work with great brands.

All people in the office are great persons which you can learn much of each.

It is located in a good area, near malls, gyms, etc.
Pros
Once per month we have a short friday schedule
Cons
No trainnings
Great place to work as a young professional!
E Commerce Temp (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WISeptember 10, 2015
Nothing but good things to say about this company and the people I worked with. Energy & interest are things I require in my work environment to be as productive as possible as well as produce quality work. Both were in high supply at Spectrum Brands
Pros
great work environment, skilled people, productive collaboration opportunities
Cons
Commute was a bit long (not companies fault)
Great management and fun job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  OrlandoSeptember 8, 2015
Management is very easy to work with, flexible, great benefits, allows you to see more of Florida. Must have reliable transportation since you need to drive your own car to all of your stores.
good paying job.
cathode operator (Current Employee) –  portage, wiAugust 13, 2015
not a bad palce to work, union sucks though. cant get time off unless youve been there for a year. cant even get time off to join the military or your own wedding.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
time off of work. breaks to short.
Spectrum
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MidwestAugust 6, 2015
Good company with great brands in portfolio. Like most jobs, job fullfillment and happiness is tied directly to who your manager is.
Pros
Flexibility
Dynamic company that demands the best of its employees
Product Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJuly 28, 2015
Everyday I hit the ground running. As an analyst for four very different product lines, I had to learn how to differentiate the processes and demands of each product type. Working with international marketing, manufacturing, and distribution was a very important asset. I had excellent co-workers and most often had to juggle the needs of my colleagues simultaneously to make sure that deadlines were met and product launched on time. The amount of documentation and project meetings made the position incredibly busy, but enjoyed being an integral part of several teams. I learned how to be a better team player and to understand how flexibility was an asset to help others to do their job more efficiently. I was able to be a small part of the many layers of this organization from product inception to launch.
Pros
Exciting work environment, very nice co-workers, good compensation/benefits
Cons
Job advancement or moving to another department is very difficult
Great Place to Work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fennimore, WIJuly 19, 2015
Great company to be employed with. The Production Manager for this company is by far the best and most fair person I have worked for.
It was just a seasonal job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 15, 2015
There was no room for advancement. Being how it was a seasonal job and there really wasn't any way I could advance with the company because of district manager. He had so many stores, he needed someone to help him take care and maintain their stores. Although I got paid by the miles also, but the down side was I had to use my own car.
Pros
I was able to start early and get off early
Cons
I was having to use my own vehicle to travel
Insecticide merchandiser in various locations
MERCHANDISE EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Spanaway, WAJuly 14, 2015
Again, one of my favorite jobs. Merchandiser/Vendor for Spectrum Brands at various Home Depots and Lowes' with a very flexible schedule. Good paying beginner job.
Love the job manager is not great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOJuly 1, 2015
Great place to work for, seems like lots of room for advancement, however my manager has turned me sour on the company. Direct manager has made the work place unbearable to work in, belittles everyone in the department she can, tried to make it a year to move on but couldn't do it.
Great coworkers, overall atmosphere was toxic.
Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILJune 28, 2015
I worked here for over 6 years. I didn't have a lot of experience in manufacturing, but I learned a lot from the people I worked with. It was great when I started, but everything slowly declined the entire time I was there. After awhile it was made more and more clear by management that they didn't need you and could find someone to replace everyone there. This created a fairly large exodus of a lot of the experienced operators. It's basically a good place to start and learn things that you can use to get paid for somewhere else!
Pros
Coworkers made it fun, occasional free meals
Cons
pay, atmosphere, extremely short breaks
This place was great
Packaging/Production lead (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 16, 2015
If this company had not moved I would still be working there, they had a great staff with great management and an awesome culture.