Spectrum Brands Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Fennimore, WIJuly 19, 2015
Great company to be employed with. The Production Manager for this company is by far the best and most fair person I have worked for.
It was just a seasonal job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), WisconsinJuly 15, 2015
Pros: I was able to start early and get off early
Cons: I was having to use my own vehicle to travel
There was no room for advancement. Being how it was a seasonal job and there really wasn't any way I could advance with the company because of district manager. He had so many stores, he needed someone to help him take care and maintain their stores. Although I got paid by the miles also, but the down side was I had to use my own car.
Insecticide merchandiser in various locations
MERCHANDISE EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Spanaway, WAJuly 14, 2015
Again, one of my favorite jobs. Merchandiser/Vendor for Spectrum Brands at various Home Depots and Lowes' with a very flexible schedule. Good paying beginner job.
Love the job manager is not great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Earth City, MOJuly 1, 2015
Great place to work for, seems like lots of room for advancement, however my manager has turned me sour on the company. Direct manager has made the work place unbearable to work in, belittles everyone in the department she can, tried to make it a year to move on but couldn't do it.
Great coworkers, overall atmosphere was toxic.
Packaging Associate (Former Employee), Dixon, ILJune 28, 2015
Pros: Coworkers made it fun, occasional free meals
Cons: pay, atmosphere, extremely short breaks
I worked here for over 6 years. I didn't have a lot of experience in manufacturing, but I learned a lot from the people I worked with. It was great when I started, but everything slowly declined the entire time I was there. After awhile it was made more and more clear by management that they didn't need you and could find someone to replace everyone there. This created a fairly large exodus of a lot of the experienced operators. It's basically a good place to start and learn things that you can use to get paid for somewhere else!
This place was great
Packaging/Production lead (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJune 16, 2015
If this company had not moved I would still be working there, they had a great staff with great management and an awesome culture.
Spectrum was wonderful
Intern (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARJanuary 13, 2015
I loved working for Spectrum. It was a wonderful job. I learned a lot about the company. Unfortunately there wasn't a chance to advance out of an internship.
Good Company to work for
Production/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLDecember 29, 2014
A solid company to start your career with to get experience. Opportunities for advancement
Run Away as fast as you can
technical Specialist (Former Employee), st louis moDecember 24, 2014
Pros: a lot of gift cards
Cons: 70 plus hours a week mandatory
The home and garden subsidiary known as United industries specializes in aerosol pesticides. I coined the phrase (BUG natcis) if you work there you'll agree
Really good Company for beginners
Marketing/Supply Chain Assistant (Former Employee), Miramar, FLDecember 15, 2014
Really good company for beginners with need of more SAP knowledge.
It was an okay place to work, not a very friendly atmosphere though
United Pet Group (Current Employee), Blacksburg, VASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: 3 day weekends
Cons: short breaks, low pay, harsh treatment
a typical day at work was long and grueling and if they don't have work for you they just send you to the carbon room where it is hot and not very comfortable. The people aren't very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in the Motors
Great products and fast paced environment.
Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Madison, WIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: discounts on products and brand new office with gym and cafeteria
Cons: open concept work enviroment
Spectrum Brands has excellent products. Everyday is different and time management is incredibly important. The people that work at Spectrum are top notch employees. It is important that applicants and employees are self motivated and self directed to be successful at Spectrum Brands.
A Stagnant Negative place to work
Confidential (Former Employee), Lake Forest, CAJune 19, 2014
Pros: good 401 k plan, nice employees
Cons: you can't trust management
If you are looking for a career, this is not the place for you. You will be pigeon holed.

Prior to Spectrum taking over it was a great place to work. But since Spectrum took over every business process has taken two steps back.
lock company
Consumer service/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), irvine caMay 26, 2014
Consumer service/ Administrative Assistant 01/09/14-3/09/14

- Answer all incoming calls regarding customers order status, billing questions, and concerns.
- Meet weekly quota
- Arrange payment plans for customers.
- Multi-task paperwork, phone calls, placing order and note taking in each customer’s account.
An awesome place to work!
Customer Service Administrator (Current Employee), Miramar, FLMay 20, 2014
I've loved every minute that I have worked for this company. My colleagues are fantastic people and they are the best at what they do for a living, hence why the IT staff here functions like a well oiled machine.
Poorly managed
HR (Former Employee), St. Louis,MOMay 14, 2014
Pros: some good employees
Cons: management, low pay, long hours
Definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Management knows what the problems are, but instead of fixing them they point fingers.
Challenging times lay ahead
Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 4, 2014
Pros: free pet products
Cons: financially challenging times
Fun company but having losses in first 2 quarters of year.
Sales driven marketing organization
hard work, less pay than most of other wharehouses
loader, full pallets, runner (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: some good people there with good work ethics
Cons: don't follow through, let certain people get away with things others wouldn't.
more than typical drama, no backing by upper management. they seem to do what they want with not taking imput from supervisors on the floor as they sit in the front offices.
Table
Greg Abell HR Generalist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2014
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Hard work , and it can get better if the co-workers worked together. I liked working there.
Educational for employees and great atmosphere
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Dixon, ILFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: gym in the facility, library and educational room for employees
Cons: short breaks, minumum wage for all new employees
As the Key Resource I trained in all departments. Receiving, Shipping, Production, Quality, Inventory Control and HR. The company wanted someone that could answer any question or solve any problem. I mainly worked on the production floor as an Assistant Supervisor (Key Resource). I started the day by placing the temporary employees in different areas and placing them with a senior employee to train. I checked all the materials being used on all lines, the quality of the product being produced, kept track of indirect vs direct labor, did all the safety training and walked the floor to ensure the shift was productive. I enjoyed everything about my job, but the hardest part was making sure that all of the temporary employees knew how to safely preform the job they were being asked to do, how to preform the job correctly and what to look for as far as the quality of the product.
My reason for leaving was to further my career.