Spectrum Brands Employee Reviews

Fun work environment
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WINovember 12, 2016
Fast paced job/company. Working on multiple projects at once, which allows the gain of broad knowledge and experience. Haven't met anyone that I haven't enjoyed working with, and even as someone new, they value my input.
Challenging enviroment fast paced bottling line
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHOctober 22, 2016
Great place to work unfortunately company moving. Worked there 10+ years have learned a significant amount on how to manage operations and get the most out people. Encountered many challenges and how to overcome them working there.
Maintenance Technician typical day
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHOctober 17, 2016
Reviewing previous shift notes and e-mails. Communicating with all line operators on status of lines. Address all safety and emergency work orders. Respond to all issues with all lines and or plant. work on WPO of all line equipment kits.
Management and staff are easy to work with and the company adheres to every employee's needs to expedite any issues for a productive work environment
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 15, 2016
Never has been a day in the office that was not filled with new ideas to be absorbed and learned. There is always room for improvements and advancements that caters to each employee. It's a pool of employee interaction between staff management and peers, exchanging ideas, insights and own opinions to create a better and more functional work environment that is beneficial to both employees, management, nature of business and company itself.
Pros
Team building activities, group or department lunches, employee appreciation events
Spectrum Brands is a great employer
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 6, 2016
Great culture, excellent people. I have enjoyed working for Spectrum Brands for over 3+ years now and have enjoyed most everything about it.
Echhcorn floor covering
Machine operator/ setup technician (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAAugust 24, 2016
this business is not around any more not sure what happened but when I work there the employees were really nice and patient when it came to teaching never a dull moment on the job
Very diverse company with much room for growth
Global Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAAugust 23, 2016
Very friendly co workers who are more than happy to help work together as a team. I wish my position was not temporary but I feel I helped out as best as I could during the time I was there.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Parking can be difficult
This place is rubbish
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILAugust 15, 2016
I worked at the Dixon plant for 5 years. They are 5 years of my life I will never get back. The work itself is not difficult. The management, or mismanagement is the true issue. Favouritism is rampant. There is no job security. The team "leadership" foster a hostile work environment. Turn over is ridiculous. Most employees are decent enough, but the overall stupidity of management has beat so many people down. The human resource department is untrustworthy. It is not a stable place to work. Almost everyone in the outlaying community offers condolences if they find out you work there.
Pros
Relatively easy production job
Cons
Management and human resource people are horrible
Productive Work Place
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 15, 2016
Strong manager and well working team. We work well together and gets the job done. We share information and train each other on areas that are needed to get all members up to the same level. Never seems to have a lone wolf attitude.
Competitive and fast paced working environment.
Laborer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJuly 31, 2016
A typical day at Spectrum brands warehouse is clocking into work going to your assigned working station begin to pack label stack etc, until the lunch bell sounds. The hardest part is standing for long periods of time and working at a fast pace without pause. Overall a well managed environment for hard working people.
Pros
occasional free lunch. good income.
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Good people and nice co-workers
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJuly 27, 2016
Starts off with a head count and then stretches. After stretching we begin work, after first break i usually go over and assist in labeling.
Pros
Free coffee and gatorade
Normal stressful warehouse work
1st Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Daleville, VAJuly 18, 2016
Working at Spectrum Brands Daleville was like any other warehouse job I've had but being a part of the management team just added much more stress to the table. In all honest this company is a good company to work for as long as your management.
Spectrum Brands says they hire from within, but they rarely do
Supply Chain Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 29, 2016
Several very qualified internal employees have applied for internal positions and not been selected to fill the position. Managers continually say they prefer to hire from within, but they do not actually do that. It seems like it is just a good thing to say to attract employees, but they do not follow through with it.
Pros
Employee activities, free popcorn, new building at headquarters
Cons
Do not hire from within, most managment does not listen to the people who actually do the work
Great Company and Culture
Channel Marketing Assistant (Paid Intern) (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJune 8, 2016
As an intern at Spectrum brands, I really enjoyed learning and contributing to the company. Even though I was in an entry position I felt like I was doing meaningful work in my position.
Outsourcing my department
Temporary Deduction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIMay 16, 2016
I loved the people I worked with. There isn't enough communication from management to the lower level employees and staff.
No room for advancement
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Fennimore, WIMay 11, 2016
This plant was considerable smaller than the plant I worked at previously. The Utility Job was equivalent to a Lead Operator Job, but not as much responsibilities. Not my ideal job.
Pros
Pay was good for the area.
Cons
It had a Union that did nothing for them, Did not like the hours or shift setup, it was a 45 minute drive one way.
Company has the right ideas
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMay 5, 2016
allow growth in company, is able to give new opportunities to employees.
keep a safe and great culture.

is willing to always hear employees out
Pros
lots of company events
Cons
N/A
New Division of Spectrum Brands
Senior Trainer (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 31, 2016
New division is slow to communication with other divisions, making it difficult to accomplish tasks. Management is mediocre at best, needs to clean house of old management.
Poor
Former manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMarch 26, 2016
Management is very selfish, not interested in anyone's success other than their own. Not a place to work if you plan on retiring there, they will let you go when your well deserved salary gets too high.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Good place to start out at
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Dixon, ILMarch 13, 2016
The job is an easy job. The atmosphere is good. It's fairly laid back. It's a good place to start out at if your just getting into the industrial field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Brands. Our community is ready to answer.