Spectrum Brands Employee Reviews

sales
District Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOFebruary 23, 2017
to much management change in a little time fame and bad directions from upper management to much travel to far away stores
High volume studio
Creative Brand Photographer (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAFebruary 7, 2017
From engineering to photography, I provided a versatile tool chest of skills. I personally created the iconic image of the Kwikset KEVO deadbolt that is universally recognized.
Pros
Great benefits
Great people, hard to make a living
2nd Shift Chemical (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJanuary 16, 2017
I couldn't ask for better coworkers. Energetic, relaxed and for the most part hard working. The atmosphere is generally relaxed but there are times when work needs to be fast paced and done correctly. I really enjoy working here but find it hard to make a decent living. Locally the company relies on staffing agencies to supply a majority of hourly workers and it really shows. Wages are below market average and advancement is based on personal relationships.
Pros
variety of nightly job assignments, great coworkers
Cons
Low wages, advancement based on non work related issues, inexperienced shift management and line operators, short tempers
good company good associates
Inbound Associate CC2 DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2017
good company good associates. I love this place I think they should listen to the experienced folks who really work on the floor more about things but other than that I enjoy working here
Great Company /Job
Currently Employed (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 12, 2017
Very funny and fast paced job. Travel everyday within a certain range around your home on your personal vehicle. Company includes very good benefits and compensation. Management is very friendly. It is a seasonal position that last the whole summer but there is room for advancement if you decide it may actually be something you would like to make a career out of.
I enjoyed spectrum brands
Vendor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 1, 2017
This job was a great way for me to make money over the summer time. The hours were flexible so I could still go to work, and have fun.
Good work life balance unfortunately company is leaving California
Quality Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CADecember 29, 2016
I have only been employed there 3 months and really enjoyed working with different departments and facilities.I really liked the work it had a lot of challenges and it was a great learning experience, unfortunately, the company is relocating to another state.
Pros
Great people, great work culture, good pay
Cons
Company relocating out of state
Good place to work with gym and cafeteria
Materials (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MODecember 27, 2016
Overall ok place to work, can get to be very busy work with long hours. Great benefits, worked in several departments, but bad managers and nepotism in lower level departments.
Cons
next to a really smelly landfill
Management is terrible. No people skills whatsoever.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 16, 2016
The company only cares about themselves and how much money they can make, not the employees. I've been with the company for over an year and if it wasn't for the money i would've left already..
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks, insufficient weekend schedule.
Enjoyed working here.
Administrative Assistant/Marketing (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63146December 11, 2016
Answered phones, scheduled travel, kept track of department budget, helped with presentations. Backed up front receptionist. Helped plan company activities and meetings.
Pros
Cafeteria, people
Very routine and lots of heavy lifting
Seasonal Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  South and North of DenverDecember 7, 2016
Only apply if you need a seasonal job to get through school or just a summer job. Lots of heavy lifting and climbing the tall ladders in Home Depots and Lowes. Lots of travel and ware and tare on your vehicle. I would drive nearly 100-150 miles a day at times. Pay is only 13 an hour. Try to avoid taking any toll ways on highways.
Productive and stress free work place
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 29, 2016
A typical at spectrum brands for me was picking orders for different companies such as fedex and UPS. I learned organization and how to operate in a fast paced environment. The management was very kind and passionate about the work. The hardest part of the job was constantly staying alert for forklift driving around.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
Lot of forklifts driving around
Fun work environment
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WINovember 12, 2016
Fast paced job/company. Working on multiple projects at once, which allows the gain of broad knowledge and experience. Haven't met anyone that I haven't enjoyed working with, and even as someone new, they value my input.
Challenging enviroment fast paced bottling line
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHOctober 22, 2016
Great place to work unfortunately company moving. Worked there 10+ years have learned a significant amount on how to manage operations and get the most out people. Encountered many challenges and how to overcome them working there.
Maintenance Technician typical day
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHOctober 17, 2016
Reviewing previous shift notes and e-mails. Communicating with all line operators on status of lines. Address all safety and emergency work orders. Respond to all issues with all lines and or plant. work on WPO of all line equipment kits.
Management and staff are easy to work with and the company adheres to every employee's needs to expedite any issues for a productive work environment
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 15, 2016
Never has been a day in the office that was not filled with new ideas to be absorbed and learned. There is always room for improvements and advancements that caters to each employee. It's a pool of employee interaction between staff management and peers, exchanging ideas, insights and own opinions to create a better and more functional work environment that is beneficial to both employees, management, nature of business and company itself.
Pros
Team building activities, group or department lunches, employee appreciation events
Spectrum Brands is a great employer
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 6, 2016
Great culture, excellent people. I have enjoyed working for Spectrum Brands for over 3+ years now and have enjoyed most everything about it.
Echhcorn floor covering
Machine operator/ setup technician (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAAugust 24, 2016
this business is not around any more not sure what happened but when I work there the employees were really nice and patient when it came to teaching never a dull moment on the job
Very diverse company with much room for growth
Global Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAAugust 23, 2016
Very friendly co workers who are more than happy to help work together as a team. I wish my position was not temporary but I feel I helped out as best as I could during the time I was there.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Parking can be difficult
This place is rubbish
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILAugust 15, 2016
I worked at the Dixon plant for 5 years. They are 5 years of my life I will never get back. The work itself is not difficult. The management, or mismanagement is the true issue. Favouritism is rampant. There is no job security. The team "leadership" foster a hostile work environment. Turn over is ridiculous. Most employees are decent enough, but the overall stupidity of management has beat so many people down. The human resource department is untrustworthy. It is not a stable place to work. Almost everyone in the outlaying community offers condolences if they find out you work there.
Pros
Relatively easy production job
Cons
Management and human resource people are horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Brands. Our community is ready to answer.