Spectrum Brands Employee Reviews

The job is okay!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 16, 2018
The pay is good was only there for seasonal, but my checks was very nice. If you know what you are doing the job is a piece of cake! Sometimes instructions from your manger was horrible.
my experience
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2018
My overall experience was good .I enjoyed the experience. I was paired with people that were kind eager to train me and very clear on safety. Safety was our number one priority ,
Good place to work with nice environment
Compounder (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJanuary 7, 2018
It was a solid company for anyone willing to put in a decent effort. People were nice, and all you had to do was exactly what you agreed to do upon hiring: Your job.
Awesome Company
Coordinator (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, KSJanuary 4, 2018
Great company very safety focused and organized. Management team is focused on engagement and assisting those that want to advance.

While I did not have issue with the attendance policy it's not open for debate no matter the issue. I did not miss work so this was not an issue for me. This policy could have been adjusted to be a bit more human. However it was fairly applied in all cases.

Many staff members and management team were relocated and have lots of Spectrum experience. They were still establishing KPI's and standards. I have no doubt this will be a successful CDC.
Pros
Lots of employee events, great leadership
Cons
Start-Up turnover, changing policy
Fun work place with free pop corn, tea, and coffee
General Accountant, General Ledger Accounting (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CADecember 31, 2017
I think Spectrum Brand is a good place to work. You can wear jean to work everyday, employee discount, free tea and coffee everyday. On the other hand, you have to close in 3 days, it's a little stressful.
Pros
Free popcorn, tea, and coffee
Cons
A little bit far way to commute
Fast paced
Loads truck for Industrial-Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 28, 2017
This was a fast paced work environment. It definitely kept me in shape. I enjoy the work environment, people came to work to do their jobs, and kept it strictly professional.
Its faced paced but yhe people are awesome
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VADecember 27, 2017
If things don't work out in florida for me I am coming back..to work for spectrum brands the hardest job is the small tiny.. the people are awesome the q+a people are geat.. management are easy to talk to
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Hardwork at times
Little job security
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIDecember 27, 2017
Constantly shifting management and abundance of temp employees make the culture feel unstable. Work environment is comfortable but unpredictable. Managers do the best they can but top level bosses have zero idea what actually happens with their employees.
Warehouse position
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, KSDecember 22, 2017
Poor management from the top all the way to the lowest level lead. Lots of favoritism going on. Would not recommend this place of employment to anyone.
Pros
non
Cons
Poor management
Water Balloon tossing
Distribution Lead (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CADecember 19, 2017
Shipping 1.5 million between both shifts. Giving recognition of accomplishment. Supervisor engaging with employees. Lot of respect. Call off. Rewards.
Pros
Providing Popcorn, Popsicle's, Gatorade, Games
Cons
Overtime
Excessive hours
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSDecember 12, 2017
Worked 70+ hours per week for months, with no end in sight. Management was very green across the board. Little too no training, with expectation that things "have" to go out, with no direction on how to get them out.
mess up checks
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Gardner, KSDecember 4, 2017
they mess peoples check up all the time its something different every week and the you have to wait to get your other money and get doubled taxed and that need to stop
Y’all rushed the start up
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, KSNovember 20, 2017
It was ok I was tired of the management and the lack of knowledge they carried most of them never even spent a day on the floor and never even touched the product before receiving their white vist then y’all went to 10 hr days that really killed me it was ok I wished it was started up different an I didn’t blow my opportunity but I lost moral an gave up hope my job became to stressful an I am very young so I decided to leave
Cons
We worked every major holiday
wages are well under average market value for positions with same title
job title compromises anonymity (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WINovember 10, 2017
spectrum is a great starter company, but it is not a place I see myself working at long term. I came here out of college direct hire which was amazing, but it is time to move on.

resource allocation is a problem. multiple groups sharing the same small areas and labs makes things difficult.
Pros
decent entry level positions
Cons
resourse allocation
Spectrum Brands
Information Technology Help Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WINovember 9, 2017
This was a great company to have my first internship at. I had learned a lot while I was there and was given a lot of responsibility. I was treated as if I were a full-time employee and the other employees were very friendly.
Horrible management
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 3, 2017
It's a favoritism factory. All the management came from.one plant and if your not from that plant or a family member of someone who has then you have no chance at spectrum brands. Hr doesn't fight for the employees.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Bad management, bad HR
Retail District Manager - Flint and Northeast MI (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 28, 2017
Good place for a self disciplined and motivated person. Highly competitive atmosphere. You are able to set your schedule to a degree as far as your start and end time each day.
Pros
Good people to work for. Flexible work schedule
Cons
Pay could and should be better for what is expected of you on an annual basis.
Shame it relocated
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAOctober 24, 2017
One of the few warehouses where they treat you good. The willingness to learn and the ability to grow in the company is another thing this company offers.
Fun place to work with productive people.
Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 14, 2017
Great place to learn from experienced professionals. As an intern I reported directly to the supply chain director, and assisted with analysis, and multiple team reports.
Depends on the branch
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHOctober 9, 2017
Spectrum Brands as a global company is truly a great company to work for. The benefits are amazing. However, the branch in Vandalia Ohio has a long way to go. I understand it is a new branch of Spectrum Brands and so they are just getting started. However, the disorganization starts at the top and trickles down to the bottom. The promise of promotion and advancement have been given to people outside the company or those who have been employed for a shorter time then others. There have been no raises since we started in January and there is no communication on when that is happening. At any point and time they demand mandatory over time due to the fact that they mismanaged their time, funds and abilities to deliver a product. I am not saying the branch is horrible but it has a long way to go before it will be a success.
Pros
Free lunches, 12 paid holidays, 3 days sick pay and 12 days of paid vacation, great health insurance
Cons
Lunches are on the clock so they are short, a lot of mismanagement and disorganization, favoritism, nepotism, false promises of advancement and then outsourcing those promotions and no raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Brands. Our community is ready to answer.