Spectrum Community Services

Spectrum Community Services Employer Reviews

compelling place to wotk
Personal Aide (Former Employee), Westland, MIAugust 28, 2014
Pros: participating with the individual
Cons: unexpeced over time
A typical day lasts eight hours. During that time you will be assisting individuals with daily living skills. This includes bathing dressing cooking and travel wherever they may have to go. Most of the time you may leave at scheduled time. However if your relief doesn't come in you will be required to stay. This will gaurentee eight hours overtime. – more... What I have learned is patience. You will need a lot of this in this field. I also learned to be prepared. You never know when you will be stuck on shift. The management is okay depending which site you are at. Most of the co workers are easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is when you are unexpectedly stuck on a sixteen hour shift and you cant leave the site to get something to eat. – less
Health Field
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIAugust 6, 2014
Performed health-care related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication, under the direction of registered nurses and physiotherapists.
Transported clients to locations outside the home, such as to physicians' offices and on outings, using a motor vehicle.
Loved it
Supervision Provider (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 9, 2014
Only was with them a short time. Worked outside of the place, but when i was there they were very friendly.
Heavy Demands
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Lehighton, PAJune 30, 2014
I worked here for almost a year - the job was presented to me one way yet when I started it turned out to be something entirely different. A lot of evening work and a heavy case load for just one person. Very little training so it was very helpful that I had previous experience in the field. I kind of learned as I went along.
Life enriching job
Direct Staff (Former Employee), Rockford MiJune 29, 2014
This job was now only rewarding but also humbling. I help consumers daily with showering, feeding them, and doing everyday things.
Day Program Staff
Day Program Staff (Former Employee), Lakewood, COMay 1, 2014
Community advantage is a Day Program that serves people with special needs and Senior Citizens. The goal is to reach special goals specific to each person and try to teach coping skills.
I enjoyed helping Individuals I served how to reach their goals which were reducing emergency room, and maintaining optimum quality of life.
Direct Care Support (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 25, 2014
Managers reply promptly with updates notifications compliments and concerns.
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Wyoming, MIApril 7, 2014
Managers reply promptly with updates notifications compliments and concerns.
An awesome place to work!! LOVED IT
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Rockford, MIMarch 17, 2014
Pros: everything was great!!!
Cons: i had to leave...
I loved working with the people I worked with. Great experience and Im sad that I had to leave. I loved everything about the company and my boss was great!!!
very demanding of your personal time
Residential Program Manager (Current Employee), Whitmore Lake, MIFebruary 13, 2014
A good comapany but certain positions are very demanding of your time
productive
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee), Lafayette, INDecember 8, 2013
Pros: learned self defense. and how to deal with people that are angry.
Cons: had no support from management when it came to dealing with issues with the guys i took care of.
worked with meantaly challanged adults.co workers all worked together. learned how to deal with special issues.
Assisting those in need of care
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 27, 2013
Pros: holiday celebrations with the individuals in need
Cons: the death of someone i took care of at work
Facing the day to day challenges in a days work is the point of my job. Applying my knowledge to help others is the reason for my growth. Understanding the different attitudes in the work place is something I have learned to deal with along the way.
Supportive work environment
Supports Coordinator (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 4, 2013
Pros: potential to earn a ton of vacation
Cons: more time spent doing paperwork than spending time with the clients
A typical day at work consists of managing paperwork and prioritizing tasks that come up each day and sometimes managing a crisis. Most days include at least one client contact. I have learned a lot about people with Axis 1 and Axis 2 diagnoses and the community supports and services out there to assist individuals based on their needs and desires. – more... My co-workers are great and we have a strong supportive team environment. Management allows you to work independently as long you meet your deadlines and requirements. They are not at all about micromanaging. The hardest part about the job is keeping up with all the paperwork and the constant change of services, eligibility requirements and the process to get a client involved in a service. The best part of the job is not having to be in the office all the time and spending time with the clients in the community. – less
Busy and self-satisfying.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Whitmore Lake, MIJuly 26, 2013
Pros: working with the clients.
Cons: being on-call 24/7, not having a personal life, interference with school--constantly.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the clients and the high energy from my co-workers.
great place with great people
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2013
I learned a lot about a job I have never done before I also learned that it was a job that I liked and was good at.
Very outgoing workplace
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 9, 2013
This is a great place to work, my overall rating is a 4 out of 5. I had to quit work though for school, otherwise I'd love to still be working here.
Educational and works with your schedule.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Reading, PAFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: pto hours every pay check
Cons: personally for me was the travel
Loved working for Spectrum learned a lot from trainings also worked well with my schedule the pay wasnt the best but you get the satisfaction out of the job.
Helping the homeless
Intern (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: over all great job
Cons: long days
As an intern with Spectrum Community services I was able to help the homeless population
enjoyable consumers
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee), Lincoln Park, MIJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: loved working with the consumers
Cons: low paying job
I enjoyed working with the consumers. Every day I was responsible for providing care to mentally disabled consumers.

I learned alot about working with this population as far as what to do and what not to do.

My co-workers were great and so was management.

The hardest part of the job was that it did not pay well.

The easiest part of the job was that – more... it was fun to work with the consumers. – less
A job where you can expect different things
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: working with residents that where great
Cons: employers not being fair
helped eldery individuals with mental/physical impairments in there group home. Helped them with laundry and cook,clean, provide personal care if needed. Passed out medication cleaned tubes.etc