Spectrum for Living Employee Reviews

Clients are wonderful once they get used to you they will love you unconditionally.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Maywood, NJMarch 1, 2017
Worst company ever. They treat staff very bad, mess up your checks and award the staff who was with company longer more than the ones who gets the job done. You learn one thing at training and once you start it seems like it all gets thrown out the window.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Treats staff terrible, very unorganized, lack of team work
Great work place working with clients
Activity Therapist (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJFebruary 26, 2017
It's great working with the clienting doing craft, socialist, cook with them and also go out in the community. We go on day trip and go to other work shop
Pros
Free lunches once a week
Cons
30 minutes break
typical day
Activity Therapist (Current Employee) –  Ringwood, NJFebruary 2, 2017
Typical day at ringwood atc is pretty hectic but the job gets done. The co - workers are a joy to be around. Meredith cann is an awesome manager anything you need she is always there to help.
My typical day.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Northvale, NJJanuary 21, 2017
I am on call 24 hrs
The first thing i review are the critical logs from the previous shift
I Check and respond to all emails.
I ensure all the scheduled medical appointment for the residents for that day are setup up and conducted.
I do finance and pay bills for residents.
I ensure any evening recreation events posted for residents are attended.
Each resident has an IHP goal and i help them reach it, as well as complete all monthly report on their progress.
I make sure i have the required staff on shift for all the residents..
The nicest part of my job is my interaction with residents and the feeling i get from helping them.
The hardest part of my job is juggling meeting, staff coverage and maintaining all costs within budget
Unprofessional
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 12, 2017
Do not work at the atc in edison new jersey & do not work at the edison condos around the corner from the day program trust me you will regret it
Not for profit organization
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  River Vale, NJAugust 16, 2016
Nice work environment, pleasant settings, pleasant HR department, nice coworkers, plenty of opportunities for advancement, decent pay once you are promoted to a management position. Best feature is organization was started by parents to ensure their adult children with developmental disabilities always had a home. Client centered environment.
Feel-Good Company
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  River Vale, NJJuly 29, 2016
This place is truly amazing and bends over backwards for its clients and employees! Great place to learn and evolve! Great benefits including awesome health care. Pay is slightly lower than market value due to Not For Profit status but compensation is made up through the benefits in my opinion.
Pros
benefits, culture, management
Great if you're new in the field
Group Home Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tenafly, NJJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work involves bathing and feeding clients and taking them to any medical appointments or to their day programs. If a nurse isn't present you will have to administer meds but you receive all the training necessary to do the job. The hardest part is sometimes the people you work with but the clients are great. There's definitely room for growth.
nice place to work
Group Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rivervale, NJMay 12, 2016
everyone one and staff are great to work with lots of growth as team player the job is excellent the students were full of life everyone has respect for each other The only bad thing is the weather in the winter
First step in the human services career field
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 20, 2016
Overall the job is okay, no room for advancement
Program Director is very unprofessional and rude
Clients motivate you to come to work
Pros
somewhat flexible
Cons
low pay
Great cause, low pay!
substitute (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 13, 2015
The company has a great mission but the pay is low and they do not offer frequent raises. Upper management does not care and they are detached from the residential program. The disciplinary sucks and they drag thier feet to terminate bad staff.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
N/a
Group Home Counselor/Direct care Aide (Former Employee) –  River Vale, NJAugust 23, 2015
I enjoyed working with the mentally disabled. preparing meals, admin medication, transport residence too and from day programs, hygiene care, housekeeping
Produc
Group Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Westwood, NJJune 22, 2015
Assist residents with daily lifestyles. help them complete their daily goals. best part of my job is communication with the residents and making them know that they are special in their own way. preparing their daily meal and see them smile is ought to be the best working experience i had.
The clients were lovable. I liked the people I worked with.
Recreational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Vale, NJMay 24, 2015
a typical work day at Spectrum is, I planned and organized Therapeutic Recreational programs to improve the functioning of the clients.
Pros
I liked the clients.
Fun place to work
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Haworth, NJMarch 17, 2015
Its a really good environment. The co-workers are very friendly. You pretty much just take care of the disabled as if they were children. I loved the fun activities that were set up for them.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
The pay was very low
Caring for a Loved one
Lead direct care counselor (Current Employee) –  Closter, NJDecember 24, 2014
Spectrum is a great place to send your loved ones, they have very high standards and always follow policy. They treat people as independently as possible. The staff are very nice, caring, and respectful. I learned cpr, first aid, and went to multiple other classes that help understand the clients better, and they are very helpful.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
short break
Productive and fun workplace
Supervised Apartment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rivervale, NJNovember 10, 2014
My typical work day would start at 3pm and end at 11pm
I would help with preparing foo for the clients, feed the clients that need help with feeding, bathe the clients that need help bathing. If there are activities planned for them, I would get them ready for the activities, drive them to and from the activities. When its time to go to bed, I would get them ready for bed, and put them to bed.
Pros
Always had different activities or the clients, never got bored
Cons
nocons
Great place to learn new things
Activity Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westwood, NJNovember 6, 2014
Great place to work. Management works with you through difficult times and there is a lot to learn that the company will teach you. They also believe in the success of thier staff.
Pros
I received a few important certifications while working there.
Cons
The pay could be better.
Productive and great residents to work with
Lead Evening Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ringwood, NJOctober 14, 2014
the job is worth coming to. A typical night I would go in and most of the residents would be sleeping. I wake them in the morning to get them ready for work and program. my co-workers are good to work with.
Job is a good place to work
Recreation Therapist (Current Employee) –  closterSeptember 19, 2014
good place to learn pay is not that great but you can lean alot they hire alot with in and can be very helpful company at times overall a good place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum for Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8