Spectrum for Living

Spectrum for Living Employer Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Supervised Apartment Counselor (Former Employee), Rivervale, NJNovember 10, 2014
Pros: always had different activities or the clients, never got bored
Cons: nocons
My typical work day would start at 3pm and end at 11pm
I would help with preparing foo for the clients, feed the clients that need help with feeding, bathe the clients that need help bathing. If there are activities planned for them, I would get them ready for the activities, drive them to and from the activities. When its time to go to bed, I would get them ready for bed, and put them to bed.
Great place to learn new things
Activity Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Westwood, NJNovember 6, 2014
Pros: i received a few important certifications while working there.
Cons: the pay could be better.
Great place to work. Management works with you through difficult times and there is a lot to learn that the company will teach you. They also believe in the success of thier staff.
Productive and great residents to work with
Lead Evening Supervisor (Current Employee), Ringwood, NJOctober 14, 2014
the job is worth coming to. A typical night I would go in and most of the residents would be sleeping. I wake them in the morning to get them ready for work and program. my co-workers are good to work with.
Job is a good place to work
Recreation Therapist (Current Employee), closterSeptember 19, 2014
good place to learn pay is not that great but you can lean alot they hire alot with in and can be very helpful company at times overall a good place to work
Program Services Coordinator (Current Employee), River Vale, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Friendly environment, flexible to all lifestyles, great employees, helping all who need
Assistant Director
Assistant Program Director (Current Employee), Edison, NJSeptember 11, 2014
• Responsibilities included: Completing initial assessments for prospective clients.
• In-servicing and monthly reports
• Host individual therapy and group therapy: Socialization, Self-Advocacy group, Post Traumatic Brain Disorder group.
• Manage ABC charts, data, methodologies and behavioral plans.
• Develop plans of transition and Psychological appointments.
• Manage staff, scheduling, payroll, meet and greets, and recreational skills.
• Oversee Individual habilitation plan, clients medical appointments and medication
Where you can give back to the community.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Closter, NJSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: spending time with the residents
Taking care of the residents and attending to their needs. Playing games with the residents and eating with them.
lovable place with great people
Group Home Counselor (Current Employee), Westwood, NJJune 6, 2014
I have learned from this job patience, time management skills, compassion, and organization.
fun workplace
Assist/monitor/teach individuals (Former Employee), Closter, NJApril 21, 2014
it was fun fun working there,love woring with my clients, and staff were nice also.
Working with my clients make the job worth it.
Group Home Counselor (Current Employee), Edison, NJMarch 10, 2014
Helping my clients keep their daily routine flowing. Assisting with hygiene, medication, cleaning, cook, shopping etc. Keeping them safe and healthy is my main goal. Communicating with parents, doctors, rehabilitative programs and other staff to accomplish these goals. Balancing their income. last but not least allowing their feeling to be nurtured and their opinions to be heard.
Very Unprofessional Environment
ATA/Activity Therapist Aide (Former Employee), Edison,NJOctober 9, 2013
Pros: time off.
Cons: short breaks, healthcare sucks, everything!!!
Spectrum for Living is a very unprofessional environment in my opinion. The way they go about certain things is very unfair and just not right. They don't follow proper procedures and the supervision of staff is not really there. There is very blunt and noticeable favoritism going on in the work place and I don't think that's right. The benefits are not that great at all. You are also doing a lot of work and a lot of labor for very little money. They don't realize the amount of work and stress they put on each person every day.
n/A
Medical Group Home Counselor (Former Employee), Glen Rock, NJOctober 1, 2013
Interacted with clients with severe medical issues. Assisted clients with daily activities
Active, fast paced environment
Activity Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), North Haledon, NJSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: working one on one with the consumers families
Cons: not being able to show emotion.
This job makes you more aware and sensitive to the everyday things that I take for granted. A typical day is fast paced, always on high alert environment. I've learned to be patient and emotionally supportive. Management is very knowledgeable and dependable. Very understanding and stern. The hardest part about my job is leaving your clients and the end of your shift. You get attached to them and want to take them home with you. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to transport the clients to outings in the community such as malls, museums, plays, etc etc. Knowing that they can go out and be a part of the community just like any other human being. To know that they feel a part of something bigger then themselves and not look frowned upon due to their disability.
fun place to learn
Supervised Apartment Counselor/ Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Rivervale,New JerseyAugust 26, 2013
Pros: good benefit
it was the most wonderful and enjoyable job working with disabilities.
Fun place to work
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee), Closter, NJJune 12, 2013
Pros: home envoirment
Feeding, Bathing, Cleaning, Cooking,Laundry ,Changing Dressing
great place to start from the bottom and work your way up
AM Senior Group Home Supervisor (Former Employee), rivervale njJune 12, 2013
Pros: great place for advancement
Cons: short breaks
9 yrs with this company was great learning experience started from the bottom and left as a middle management. learned how to be professional and deal with difficulties of a being a supervisor to more than 10 staff members.
EMT, PCT, Medical Assistant
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Edison, NJJune 4, 2013
I love what I do! I am an EMT, PCT and a Medical Assistant. I enjoy my job, I enjoy my co workers.
Good company to work for great clients
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), Westwood, NJApril 29, 2013
Cons: short breaks
Great coworkers, management not great.

Money not so good. Lots of work
Productive place to work
LPN (Current Employee), rivervale,njOctober 22, 2012
Total patient care for Adults with disabilities, overview client safety, administer medications, overview staff with client safety, teaching different methods of care
liked indepence and optaining supervisory experience.
RN Supervisor; (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJOctober 9, 2012
Pros: liked working with mentally handicapped
Cons: office staff not always supportive of decisions
Enjoyed being charge. Learned valuable skills working with client and family. Hardist part od job was that office staff was in different county and not always supportive of RNs needs and assessments .