Spectrum Health Care Employee Reviews

Weird rules in nutrition and environmental department
Clinical Nutrition Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 13, 2017
Day to day work is good. Everyone is friendly. Weird rules in nutrition and environmental department (have to wear only black shoes while other departments can wear whatever shoes they like)
Great employer
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 10, 2017
Salary, time off, benefits and security are THE benchmark of a great employer. Working for Spectrum Health always gave me a sense of security. Unfortunately, I left my part-time job to work full-time for another industry, in which didn't work out. I realize how fortunate I was to work for Spectrum Health.
Pros
Stable employer
funplace to work
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 3, 2017
lots of variety in job as a medical assistant at Spectrum Health private office groups. Exactly PTO benefits. Great online training tools with easy access.
North Ottawa
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 31, 2017
I was a casual employee at North Ottawa and often was called off. I needed to move on where I could have more hours and pay. I stayed home for and cared for sick family members
Medical Assisant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. There are fair wages and benefits. However, there are long time employees that create cliques and new employees are not usually welcome in their cliques so sometimes you can feel isolated from your employees. It can make the day hard because those same employees will not help you out as much as they will their long time work friends. Other than that I enjoyed this position.
workplace culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAOctober 17, 2017
At Spectrum Health Systems, the culture was great to work in. The management worked hard to continue with advancement with the staff and also retaining the staff that was currently working.

I enjoyed the culture that I worked win, with the management and the staff that I worked with on a daily basis. I was able to be efficient with the departments that I needed to speak with.
Fast paced and exciting environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 14, 2017
You are so busy multi-tasking so many different things, that the time goes bye extremely fast. There's a fantastic Eatery in the Hospital with the best food you'll ever have!
Pros
You never get bored and the healthier you are, the cheaper your Insurance!
Cons
Reading doctors handwriting and sometimes patients don't make it.
What I learned
Patient Transporter/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 11, 2017
I learned how to communicate my life with my coworkers on a personal level. I learned how to solely focus on my job and less on the issues of the job and the people I work with.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short lunches
Great company to work for!
Senior Clinician (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAOctober 3, 2017
It takes time, but once you have a stable caseload and understand the "swing of things" this is a great company to work for. It is long days and hard work but it is the place that rounded me into the clinician I am today. PTO is very generous, benefits are average, 401K and short term is offered. I was blessed with an amazing team of nurses and clinicians and really do miss it!
Great environment to learn and to impact the lives of families.
Certified Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA 23328September 27, 2017
I enjoy working for the company. Personally speaking, I've received nothing but support from my site leadership on up to corporate. A typical work day involves morning documentation, initial assessment and treatment planning, and facilitating the Thinking for a Change curriculum in the mornings. The afternoons are full of group facilitation in the housing units with the clients. It is a fast pace environment that involves the need for alertness and awareness because the setting is prison. The most challenging aspect of the job is reaching the client enough to interest them in good quality treatment that can order their lives in a positive way if they would be open and receptive. What is most enjoyable in when you witness clients going through the change process and the maturation of accepting responsibility, and moving to a safe and stable place in their life. Every interaction is a learning experience.
Pros
An opportunity to impact families by helping men come to the place of their responsibility and duty.
Cons
Balancing company expectations with the host organization's policy and expectation, and not enough time to meet expectations.
Good attempts to update modalities and keep facility clean
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 24, 2017
The company did all it could to keep us happy. Provided good training and parties during the holiday. Previous manager tried to hire nice people to work with. Productivity was hard to maintain due to computers being old. and Wifi not working most of the time.
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
work during breaks. for documentation
Sometimes its fun sometimes not, depending on the kind of client you get or where they send you.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONSeptember 23, 2017
Spectrum healthcare is a good agency to work for if you want to have more work experience. But the only downside is less pay and no benefits. The coordinators are wonderful, if you treat them with respect and love, they will treat you the same. But if you are not reliable and punctual and you are always calling in sick, they will cut your hours and hardly give you enough.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No benefits/overtime.
Loved my job
Corrections staff (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WASeptember 21, 2017
loved working for the company. Had a really good supervisor who took the time to train me will. He was always there for our staff and was not ask us to do anything that he would not do.
Pros
all
Cons
working at the facility i was assigned.
Good working atmosphere
CD Counselor/facilitator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 19, 2017
The environment was relaxed. Typically I worked 4/10 hour days. They provided a guidlines to follow for group session which was easy to follow.May manager was easily approachable and never made you feel comfortable with asking for help. The hardest part of the job was having only 6 weeks to complete or transfer my clients to alternative treatment. I enjoyed working at Spectrum however I did not like the way they pulled all of their sites out of the state of Washington. This is the main reason I would not recommend anyone to work for them.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Lack of concern for the clients
This Job here
NUTRITION SERVICES TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 10, 2017
this was a wonderful establishment. I work as a meal prep tech. I got to deliver plates to certain floors to allow patients to receive their daily nutrients
Patient Access Technician-Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Reed City, MISeptember 5, 2017
Really love working for Spectrum Health. Love all my job duties, co workers, great management. No room for advancement to utilize all my skills. Love working with my patients and being able to help them.
Pros
great work place.
Cons
no room really for advancement.
My co-workers are like family!
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 2, 2017
Working for Spectrum can become a challenge. I have been at the company for two years, and have seen a turnover rate of over 35 counselor's and support staff. Management is the worst I have ever seen. There is too much micro-managing, and none of the administration is on the same level. There is change in policies practically every other day.

The one thing that I do enjoy is working with my clients. They keep me going and are the reason why I'm still at Spectrum. If it were not for my love of inmates here, I probably would be one of the numbers included in that high turnover rate. I enjoy my position as a counselor, but I can't practice my profession in an environment that does not believe in their staff and shows little or no support for our concerns.
Pros
Working with a great staff of co-workers
Cons
Too many to list, but most of all, the lack of support from management
Fast paced healthcare environment
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 25, 2017
Dynamic health care organization; very fast paced environment; expectations to be flexible and be successful with change management. Must have ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Constant changes
Job Recruiter
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 21, 2017
It has been some time since I worked for this company. The job I held was a contract position for a healthcare clinic. All the contact for the recruiting company was by phone.
Controlled chaos
NUTRITION SERVICES TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 18, 2017
Everyday was as so:
-Arriving and jumping into the fray
-Rolling with the punches
-Speeding through work while assisting others when/if needed.
-Seeing what needed to be done before the day ended
-Being satisfied with a hard days work and leaving before starting all over again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.