Spectrum Health

Spectrum Health Employer Reviews

Professional and caring
Senior Markets Customer Representative (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 17, 2014
Pros: my fellow employees.
Cons: this is a medicare regulated department and that means severe goals must be met. however, instead of always being given data on where the team didn't meet goals set by medicare, needs for positive reinforcement were not shared.
This position offered me added experience of Medicare Advantage Plans and Medigap plans.
Enjoyed working as a team with the other professionals in this department.
You are a number
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits, large well-known health system
Cons: job insecurity
Spectrum Health has great goals however, you are replaceable on any given day no matter how long you have worked there or how good of an employee you are.
It is a great place to work.
Lab Services Representative (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 20, 2014
It is a great place to work. The benefits are fantastic, as well as the paid time off system.
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 17, 2014
Pros: everyone was very nice
Cons: no job openings
I volunteered here to gain experience for my future path of work in Forensic Biology.
Nice place to work & more than willing to help you learn
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 5, 2014
Pros: great way to start in the medical field
Cons: had to work holidays
I worked in the film library 8 hour days, 7 days a week.
I learned how to read x-rays & how to transfer hard copy film to disc.
Management was difficult to deal with at times. Co-workers were all nice & more than willing to help you learn parts of your job & other things.
I love dealing with the staff, doctors, & patients.
I enjoy the people I work with, we work as a team.
CNA (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 20, 2014
Pros: building relationships with my residents.
Cons: working with low staff.
I will write down new information about my resident that is important. I will then give showers to those who are scheduled. I will lay some down and get those up that will go down to the dining room for dinner. After dinner I lay everybody down for bed and get them washed up. I have to chart what I did during the day and any other specific information – more... needed for the nurse or Physician. – less
Challenging and rewarding
Clinician (Current Employee), Windham, MEApril 20, 2014
Working with incarcerated adult males who have severe substance use disorders and long criminal histories. Facilitate groups, provide individual counseling, coordinate with MDOC.
great place to start out ... helpful with job advancement
Coder (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 19, 2014
Pros: very helpful with career growth
Cons: turnover in management
thankful for my days at SH ... all were helpful in my success to move upward and onward, just too much turn over in management making it hard to have stability within the department ....
United and Kelsey IP/OP
PHYSICAL THERAPIST, PRN-POOL (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 16, 2014
These people are just the best to work with. LOVE my job.They smile, care about patients and really like one another. Attitude is great.
Each day is something new
Receptionist (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no advancement
My co-workers are top notch! They look out for each other and help with scheduling needs.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people all the time. We had families from all over the world stay with us and I was able to make friends with some of them. It was nice to be able to help them in many ways.
The best Orientation experience, however the worst supervisor in my entire career!!!!
Cashier, Coordinator at Lemmen Holton Gift Shop (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 1, 2014
Pros: working with patients and meeting their every need. i love them.
Cons: no lunch breaks, no recognition, worst superviser ever!
I love working with the patients. Most gratifying job I have ever had, however working hard and doing your best is not recognized anymore. Spectrum has gotten too big and lost its focus on patients first. Supervisor for the gift shop is extremely hard to work for. She is OCD and focuses on herself. I over exceeded my expectations at my job and learned – more... to manage the entire store, however nothing is recognized. No raises, no perks, no breaks!
Co-workers at Lemmen Holton were the best co-workers I have ever had to work with. Supervisor for the Gift Shop is the worst supervisor I have ever had in my career. – less
Excellent Organization
Medical Office Support (Former Employee), grand rapids miMarch 30, 2014
SH is not only a leading organization but upholds family & staff just as the patients and collaboratives. Excellent organization to be a part of!!!!!
productive workplace
Lab Services Representative (Current Employee), Grand Rapids,MIMarch 11, 2014
i love working with different people everyday, and the various patients that come in. 7am-5pm and not a dull moment expereinced the whole 10 hrs.
Great learning experience and stepping stone.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee), Garden City, GAMarch 8, 2014
Fast paced job with a lot of learning available; however, poor management and negative attitudes. Time management is a must and the ability to accept a prison setting.
telephonics
RN- Telephonic (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: pay
In the telephonic department, we were separate from the hospital. Worked on an off site location.
The company was great to work for
Clinic RN* Naval Academy (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDMarch 3, 2014
Pros: beautiful place to work
Cons: uncertainity of government contract positions
I liked this job but it was a contract positiion with the government that was not a stable position because of the economic environment.
Ups and Downs
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 3, 2014
The core values and strictness for safety are well addressed. The job itself is very useful to the company. Unfortunately employees in the medical departments will tend to sneer at you because they know how low you are paid. But as long as you have the right moral values, are friendly, and consistently do a good job, stay busy, or just LOOK like you're – more... making the most of the day, you will be fine. Entry level pay isn't the best and the uniforms can be expensive even with discount. So overall if you want job security while looking for the ultimate goals, this is definately a good start. But don't expect to start out on the mountain high unless you have a degree of sorts. – less
Very strict and professional enviornment
Unit-Secretary (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: babies, remodeling and getting new equipment.
Cons: no reward for doing good ( pizza partys), management makes promises that they can't keep.
I love what I do at Spectrum Health. I work as a Unit secretary on the mother/baby unit. I sit at the front desk, answer multi-line telephones and greet visitors. I also put together patient charts, batch charge entry, order supplies for our unit, communicate with nurses and doctors.
The best place to work
Clinical / Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Spectrum Health SpartaJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free movies passes
Cons: short lunch
730 am, first pt check inn, vitals history med check, pharmacy check, you learn everything about there health and concern. Manage everything in your office making sure schedule is running good, Dr is not running late and you are in time. Rx and massages are been on time. Co-worker and you are woking together as a team to make everything in the office – more... more easy for everybody. The most enjoyable is when you get that feed back from the patient, the smile or the thank you from them, and that when you know that you are doing you job correctly. – less
Fun and fast paced job environment
EKG Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: fast paced environment
Cons: short breaks
Fun place to work, a very diverse work environment. I was continually on the move running from Cardiac test to test. I enjoyed the fast paced part of the job.

My co-workers were a fun group of people, and I enjoyed interacting with patients.

1 2 3 4 5

About Spectrum Health

Offering more health services than colors in the rainbow, Spectrum Health is a regional health system that serves western Michigan. – Read more

Spectrum Health Photos