Spectrum Health Employee Reviews

Fun and challenging Job
PATHOLOGY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MichiganDecember 8, 2017
Typical day at work can be a little crazy. You never know what is going to happen. I find the challenge of the job to be rewarding. Management is great and takes the time to listen to problems related to the work and helps try to find solutions as soon as possible. The hardest part of my job has to be all the complicated ways of handling certain specimens. You have to be very knowledgeable with the job.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Short Breaks
Good job for a go getter
Security Officer PA 330 (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids MIDecember 5, 2017
Spectrum Hospital is a very good place to work, good equipment and working conditions. The schedule was fair and well managed, the managers were fair and available to assist with the day-to-day interaction with the public. The staff were great and the hospital policies were published and enforced. Hospital staff were very friendly and the customers were challenging. I would recommend this job to a family member or a friend.
Pros
Constant Change
Cons
It was very transient - staff were always leaving for other jobs.
Great job bad people
Procedure Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 5, 2017
I worked there for only a year but in that time i did not enjoy going to work.

The job was awesome but the people made it hard to go to work. There was next to no training and many people honestly wanted you to fail
Pros
the job
Cons
the people
Not Flexible
ACCOUNTING AND A/P SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 4, 2017
I have worked at Spectrum for 10 years and the management and communication is not good. As Spectrum grows they are very inflexible to non-nurse staff. I also don't feel like there is any room to advance here and there isn't enough appreciation shown to employees.
Pros
Vacation Tim
Cons
No Flexibility, No Communication between departments
N/a
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2017
I don't remember much about this company..it was a long time ago when I lived in Phoenix.. it was high risk juvenile center. Mostly monitoring young men and women who was previously involved in gangs.
Spectrum Health
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Ludington, MINovember 29, 2017
Typical hospital environment. Some days are much faster paced than others. Upper management is great- caring and always willing to listen to any issues that may occur.
Good place to work for anyone needed experience in a health care environment
Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  Reed City, MINovember 28, 2017
I worked here to gain experience for Nursing school. It was a great environment to learn hands on skills for health care. I would highly recommend any student pursuing a career in the health field to work here.
Slow paced
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 28, 2017
Nice relaxing place to work. But hard to get your hours at times. The call requirement is very high. Management has a high turn over rate. Nursing staff is very inexperienced
Best job ever
Certified Nurse's Aide (Current Employee) –  Fremont, MINovember 27, 2017
I loved working there. The benefits were great. All my supervisors were wonderful. I always wanted to go into work. I never had any problems. There were some extra hours if you wanted.
terrible management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spectrum health residency clinic 25 michigan stNovember 23, 2017
One of the worst jobs I've ever had. Management threw more temper tantrums than a spoiled child. Staff was constantly bringing each other down. Very hostile and poor working atmosphere. Seriously wonder why HR lets such hateful enviroment continue. Couldnt wait to find another job and get out of there. Hated every day, because the manager encouraged hostility amongst coworkers and other staff. Harrassment is abundant and is swept under the rug by management and HR. Horrible place, would advise anyone thinking about working here to think twice. Totally unperfessional.
Cons
bad attitudes by management and staff
Very nice people to work with
Contractor for Spectrum Health--Call Center (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 22, 2017
Contractor position through Randstad Technologies
Call Center for Spectrum Employees to assist them with new operating system
Taking calls from the employee and entering a "ticket" in order for them to get the assistance they need to do their jobs
really enjoyable
UNIT SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 21, 2017
You show up get set up and get going. just like with every job it has its slow days and fast days.

only downside is that there isn't a lot of full-time spots or unit secretary . everything else is great.
Pros
great people
Cons
not fulltime
Great Job
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 21, 2017
This job is the best job ever. As a new company it started up and allowed each of us to bring ideas to the table. The best part about the job is no one looked down on you, and everyone was treated equal regardless of their title.
Family Atmosphere
Surgical First Assist and Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, MINovember 20, 2017
I like working here. Fun atmosphere. People are great. Support is great. The hardest part of the job is not wanting to leave. The most enjoyable part is the excitement of the job and all that it entails.
Pros
Small town atmosphere
stressful, unappreciated
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 20, 2017
considering my role at spectrum we are the amoebas and management could care less about us. We are short in our dept all the time because we cannot keep staff. The burnout rate for our dept is 2-3 yrs. With being short staffed more is expected of the current employees to pick up the slack when we are already over burdened. The morale is very low and the manager and supervisor have done nothing to try to improve the conditions. We are aware that the manager and supervisor are only using the position as a stepping stone to further their careers.
Didn't like Spectrum
CAT SCAN TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MINovember 20, 2017
I worked there when it was a small local hospital. They actually cared about the employees and the community. One the hospital merged with Spectrum and became part of a big corporation it wan no longer the friendly, caring place that I loved.
It all depends on your co workers attitudes
Nurse Care Techician / Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 19, 2017
Its hard to work with people that think they know every thing and are to good because they are in school and they have never worked in the medical field you need more than book smarts to be an awesome nurse
Cons
un paid lunches
Biller
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 17, 2017
Management is horrible. Spectrum puts people in supervisor and management positions that do not have a clue on medical billing.
What is okay to do today, you might get written up for doing it tomorrow. You have no one to go to with problems that you may have with management, because the HR department does not keep your name confidential like they say they do - then you have to deal with retaliation. I would not recommend any family or friends to work for Spectrum Health!!!
Busy patient registration
Patient Access Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 14, 2017
The urgent care I work in is fast paced and very busy. Customer serivce is paramount as is accuracy. Meeting and helping people is the best part of my job.
Pros
Continual learning environment
Male heavy administration, new managers not educated to work with employees.
Regional Compliance Analyst/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MINovember 13, 2017
New managers are most often unskilled in working with people and employees. New and politically oriented managers work to keep employees down and do not appreciate the employees knowledge and experience.
Cons
short breaks, on the clock constantly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Health. Our community is ready to answer.