Spectrum Health

Spectrum Health Employer Reviews

Unorganized Chaos
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: distance
Did not have a set schedule. On-call 7d/wk. Hours of days varied from 3hr-12hr. For being a large hospital, is very unorganized for this group.
Great people to work with!
Nurse Practitioner, Occupational Health (Current Employee), Indianapolis, InSeptember 1, 2014
Very organized, enjoyable place to work. Kind, caring people who desire to make a difference.
Productive place to get recovery
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee), Weymouth, MAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: learning to better my career in social work and free lunch.
Cons: nothing.
-A typical day at work is ensuring the safety of the clients and daily schedule actives.
-I learn about different clients background, substance and/or mental abuse.
-I have to manage educational therapeutic groups.
-I have to communicate with each co-worker to ensure that as a team we are on the same page with the clients.
- The hardest part of the – more... job is saying NO.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is helping. – less
a tough group to work with
Methadone Dosing Nurse (Former Employee), Pittsfield, MAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: satisfying work
Cons: hard company to work for
the company is very difficult and very clicky. werghwetwegewrgerwegewgewrgweyhu56eryjhrethgtewlhw;ngbnopghq-r3iwejh2[eohqrgoi2[orhpoghreqgoerqohi[gpieeq[roghqe[oghqe[geqrgjqeprgq
Spectrum is untrustworthy.
CNA (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 16, 2014
Pros: nothing.
Cons: a big company that only cares about making money. the residents rooms are so small, that it makes me sad. not enough windows and looks like a prison.
I'm a resource cna and this place is dirty, never enough staff to care for all residents. I always felt stressed! They started canceling a lot of resource due to budget and if you worked, it was horrible. Not enough staff. There is 5 floors and and one more, which is the 6th and that's the hospital. The CNAS are nurse techs and running short, so management – more... wanted resource CNAS, that worked on other 5 to train upstairs for only 3 days. The techs got 3 wks and make more money, but they want to save money and have resource CNAS work up their. You won't make more or get proper training, not even the nurse tech title. You get the idea. LISTEN, this is the Big scam to. You will pick up your hours on API computer for Spectrum and it will say vacancy. Your thinking open hours. So not true, they don't tell you how many others are extra and will cancel you one hour before shift. Resource doesn't get Holiday pay. You must work 3 a year and you get last to choose from. A complete and total scam. The orientation was great and EXTREMELY missleading. Just wait until you start. The truth comes out. Your just a number and nothing more. Truth. – less
ok place to work
PM Cook (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 1, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: high turn over of staff. poorly managed.
Would not recommend working here. A very high turn over of upper management. Poor professionalism and no leadership.
Professional and caring
Senior Markets Customer Representative (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 17, 2014
Pros: my fellow employees.
Cons: this is a medicare regulated department and that means severe goals must be met. however, instead of always being given data on where the team didn't meet goals set by medicare, needs for positive reinforcement were not shared.
This position offered me added experience of Medicare Advantage Plans and Medigap plans.
Enjoyed working as a team with the other professionals in this department.
You are a number
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits, large well-known health system
Cons: job insecurity
Spectrum Health has great goals however, you are replaceable on any given day no matter how long you have worked there or how good of an employee you are.
It is a great place to work.
Lab Services Representative (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 20, 2014
It is a great place to work. The benefits are fantastic, as well as the paid time off system.
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 17, 2014
Pros: everyone was very nice
Cons: no job openings
I volunteered here to gain experience for my future path of work in Forensic Biology.
Nice place to work & more than willing to help you learn
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 5, 2014
Pros: great way to start in the medical field
Cons: had to work holidays
I worked in the film library 8 hour days, 7 days a week.
I learned how to read x-rays & how to transfer hard copy film to disc.
Management was difficult to deal with at times. Co-workers were all nice & more than willing to help you learn parts of your job & other things.
I love dealing with the staff, doctors, & patients.
I enjoy the people I work with, we work as a team.
CNA (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 20, 2014
Pros: building relationships with my residents.
Cons: working with low staff.
I will write down new information about my resident that is important. I will then give showers to those who are scheduled. I will lay some down and get those up that will go down to the dining room for dinner. After dinner I lay everybody down for bed and get them washed up. I have to chart what I did during the day and any other specific information – more... needed for the nurse or Physician. – less
Challenging and rewarding
Clinician (Current Employee), Windham, MEApril 20, 2014
Working with incarcerated adult males who have severe substance use disorders and long criminal histories. Facilitate groups, provide individual counseling, coordinate with MDOC.
great place to start out ... helpful with job advancement
Coder (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 19, 2014
Pros: very helpful with career growth
Cons: turnover in management
thankful for my days at SH ... all were helpful in my success to move upward and onward, just too much turn over in management making it hard to have stability within the department ....
United and Kelsey IP/OP
PHYSICAL THERAPIST, PRN-POOL (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 16, 2014
These people are just the best to work with. LOVE my job.They smile, care about patients and really like one another. Attitude is great.
Each day is something new
Receptionist (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no advancement
My co-workers are top notch! They look out for each other and help with scheduling needs.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people all the time. We had families from all over the world stay with us and I was able to make friends with some of them. It was nice to be able to help them in many ways.
The best Orientation experience, however the worst supervisor in my entire career!!!!
Cashier, Coordinator at Lemmen Holton Gift Shop (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 1, 2014
Pros: working with patients and meeting their every need. i love them.
Cons: no lunch breaks, no recognition, worst superviser ever!
I love working with the patients. Most gratifying job I have ever had, however working hard and doing your best is not recognized anymore. Spectrum has gotten too big and lost its focus on patients first. Supervisor for the gift shop is extremely hard to work for. She is OCD and focuses on herself. I over exceeded my expectations at my job and learned – more... to manage the entire store, however nothing is recognized. No raises, no perks, no breaks!
Co-workers at Lemmen Holton were the best co-workers I have ever had to work with. Supervisor for the Gift Shop is the worst supervisor I have ever had in my career. – less
Excellent Organization
Medical Office Support (Former Employee), grand rapids miMarch 30, 2014
SH is not only a leading organization but upholds family & staff just as the patients and collaboratives. Excellent organization to be a part of!!!!!
productive workplace
Lab Services Representative (Current Employee), Grand Rapids,MIMarch 11, 2014
i love working with different people everyday, and the various patients that come in. 7am-5pm and not a dull moment expereinced the whole 10 hrs.
Great learning experience and stepping stone.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee), Garden City, GAMarch 8, 2014
Fast paced job with a lot of learning available; however, poor management and negative attitudes. Time management is a must and the ability to accept a prison setting.

1 2 3 4 5

About Spectrum Health

Offering more health services than colors in the rainbow, Spectrum Health is a regional health system that serves western Michigan. – Read more

Spectrum Health Photos