Spectrum Health Employee Reviews

Miracles in the making
Peer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 22, 2017
My personal experience with my own recovery has been a wonderful experience. If Everyday Miracles would not have been here for me three plus years ago I wouldn't be in the position that I find myself today.

Helping people discover new ways to maintain recovery on a daily basis has given me the professional and personal satisfaction seeing other people succeed. It has been very fulfilling to know that recovery is possible and I am a miracle in itself.
Great Culture to be a part of
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 16, 2017
- typical day at work included many meetings, some with just interns other with upper level management.
- I learned how to balance several tasks and communication skills. I got better at seeking help when needed.
- Although I reported to many different people who assigned me different tasks, the management was overall well organized.
- The hardest part was finding help from people whom I did not know since the company was so large. If they did not respond to an email I would probably never see them.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was being shown all aspects of the medical field so we were reminded what our main goal was.
Pros
Great mentorship
Cons
Small fish in a big sea
translater
Bilingual Secretary (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 16, 2017
Spectrum health is a great company to work for and has many opportunities. The management is good except for off shift employees. Typically management works early hours and hardly oversees off shift activities. There is a lot of promotions within and many opportunities to take. The environment is very fast paced and at times work goes unnoticed which dampens that moral of the team. Spectrum Health provides excellent training and provides advancement for those that seek it. Overall I would recommend this company to anyone who loves a challenge and can make decisions on the fly.
Great cohesive environment
Human Resources-Coordinator/ Recruiter Intern (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 14, 2017
There is very positive teamwork within the organization. People really show an interest in helping one another and working towards a common goal.
Great environment
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 13, 2017
Worked in neuro rehab with clients with brain and spinal cord injuries. Rewarding place to work and feel like you really make a difference in the residents lives.
Dedicated organization to the community which I respect and enjoy
Application Analyst, Sr (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 12, 2017
Spectrum Health is a great organization to work for simply for the reasons they employ strong ethics and a continuing dedication to the community. The providers and nursing staff along with the support all seem to have one focus and that is directed to the patient and the care of. Our Children's Hospital is one of a kind, you have to visit to really understand the passion of the folks that work here.
A typical work day is fast paced, can be very stressful but rewarding too.
Pros
Very conveniently located
Cons
The culture seems to be changing
Spectrum
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2017
Probably would have never left if the company didn't loose funding from the county probation department. Enjoyed the job didn't feel like work. Well managed, well structured, low pay.
Spectrum Health is a great company to work for.
Collection Specialist, Biller (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 1, 2017
I have learned a lot about the healthcare system. There are so many opportunities within Spectrum if you are ever interested in advancing within the company.
Pros
Room for advancement
Janitoral
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 27, 2017
Cleaning around the store wheeling carts into the store the enjoyable part of the job I Love Working as a team there at Walmart Store Its Some Good enviroment
Excellent!
Training Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 25, 2017
I love working for Spectrum Health and have been a part of the ever-changing and growing environment for 22 years! They are always ahead of the trends, thinking outside the box, welcoming diversity and change for the better. I have been able to work from home for the better of 15 years, but also getting out to meet with providers for trainings and education. The flexibility has been wonderful.
Loved it here
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 23, 2017
The staff is so caring and amazing. my patients were equally amazing. the job is relatively time consuming which makes time fly. i loved it here
Fast Paced Office
LPN-Phone Triage (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 21, 2017
Many different aspects of the job, so you never had the same day twice. The workplace culture was very open and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fun and unique people that I worked with.
Pros
fun co-workers
Co-workers are great, management gets a zero in my book
Patient Transport (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 18, 2017
Come into work and receive either Good news or Very bad news, then I continue with my work day like nothing every happened. The course of this job taught me to appreciate my past and don't expect everyone to be "good" people. Management is terrible. It's copious sloppy events and "strategic ways" going on around here. Co-workers usually aren't the issue, but in a hospital full of life and death it takes a toll on the human pysch. so it can be tough for some people some days, but all-in-all everything is fine on that issue. The toughest things to get used to or cope with is administration. They are like politicians, you just can't trust a stinkin' word that comes out their mouths. Being in the hospital is enjoyable, knowing that I'm doing a service.
Pros
Hospital enviornmental
Cons
Administation/management
Bad management
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 18, 2017
Love working with patients and being able to assist them in getting better but management is not great they really don't care about there employees or there concerns
Pros
Making a difference in other life's And helping those in need
Cons
Bad management
Nice place to work
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 16, 2017
Spectrum Health is a very busy hospital but I like being busy. It is a large company and growing. Spectrum Health is a nice place to work.
hard place to work, good pay though
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 14, 2017
Longterm care on 2 floors, rehab on another, and hospice on a floor. High turnover , everyone quits, large patient load (12-15 on day shift) 12 hour or 8 hour shifts, full time or part time however you are required to pick up at least 24 hours every 6 weeks. no exceptions (2nd jobs, school, kids etc)
Cons
heavy work load
Spectrum Health
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 12, 2017
Many opportunities and large resources to draw on from a large hospital group however they often over work employees and ignore issues with office culture. As a Mid-level provider I felt disrespected and over worked to the point of burnout.
Summary
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2017
overall a good company to work for. some room for advancement, the job it self is rewarding, helping youth figure out how to advance in the future. co workers we the best part
good place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 9, 2017
Spectrum is a great place to work I enjoy my co workers and the management is good. if you are looking to go into the health care this is a great place for you..
Good clinical work, however you're part of a machine.
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 9, 2017
I enjoy the clinical face to face work that I do with patients day to day. However the environment is rarely supportive and being a part of a new program there's no ability for more clinical support or encouragement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Health. Our community is ready to answer.

83%