Spectrum Healthcare Resources Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Decent work place
Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed working for Spectrum and wish I could go back now that I am moving back to Hawaii. They had some employees who were not team players but management was helpful in resolving those issues.
Interesting
Occupational Health Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2017
Involves walk-in care and pre-employment and incumbent assessments for a variety of federal agencies. Equipment used: audiometry, Cholestech, Spirometry, EKG, lab draws, Vision exams, and Vital signs.
Pros
Regular weekday hours
Cons
cannot carry over vacation days from year to year, Physical Exams are a lot of paperwork and details to follow.
Ok company to work for
Referral Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davis-Monthan AFB, AZFebruary 6, 2017
No interaction with employees at all. Where I worked was on an Air Force Base and you were forced to take extra time off because the Air Force wanted an extra day off after holidays. It added up to 40 hours a year you had to save to get paid for the extra day off, other wise you had to take it without pay or use the 3 hours you earned per pay period. When a supervisor asked if some of us Spectrum contractors could work on the extra days off, we were told no. You feel all alone in your job. When I submitted my resignation recently, no interaction from Spectrum. They posted my job a couple of days later even though they have lost the contract at that place.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
No interaction from Spectrum
Not a good employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 2, 2017
Spectrum Healthcare does not care about their contractor employees, it is all about the almighty dollar for them. They do not do work site visits when an employee is having problems with an on site manager. They feel that you as a contractor do not have a say, if you get talked to about something you did wrong they take the employers say over your say no matter what. You are treated as a warm body to fill a chair and that is it, you are expected to do what the job no matter if it is legal or not. The only thing I learned from this company is that you do not want to work for them as a contractor. You are pond scum and that is it, unless you do something that they feel is wrong then you have no one to back you up you take the punishment as your own,I worked on the same base for 10 years and the last five were with Spectrum Healthcare and everyone I talked to about this company had the same opinion, they are not for the employees only to line their pockets with Government money. THEY SUCK
Pros
you get a pay check at the end of 80hours
Cons
they make you do things as an employee that are not legal
Great company
Staff Nurse PRN, Medical/Telemetry (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 25, 2016
I was placed on a telemetry floor that was totally staffed. Actually they were overstaffed which made your day so much easier than most hospital environments.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
great benefits
No room for advancement
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 24, 2016
This company does not care about their employee's. It's the worst place I've ever worked. The benefits cost way too much out of pocket. No educational assistance.
Pros
the patients
Cons
management and poor benefits
Needs new management
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 23, 2016
There are a few things good about this place the pay and the work load. As a medical assistant it's a very easy job room patients assist providers if we are short staff things get crazy since there is no team work here alot of lazy emoyees and the good workers that are here get taken advantage of. The management team does not treat everyone fair as it should be in a work environment.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No Benefits
I have no comments
Referral Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 6, 2016
I can't say anything that I love about this position other than at the end of 80 hours I get a pay check.

My co-workers are mostly military and there is very little communication between the group and the contractors as we are labeled.
Great company to work for!!!!
Utilization Management Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2016
It makes if very difficult to work as a contractor in a company at an MTF institution because you are not a respectable, valued employee. You are treated as a less employer and often regarded as "just a contractor", not a valued employee.
Wonderful experience
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 7, 2015
This was a wonderful experience that I enjoyed doing. I gained a lot of experience that got me where I am today. I trained in various departments
Run Away from Dumfries Health Center!!
Lab (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VAJuly 13, 2015
This company is the worst and Lab leadership is absolutely horrible!! The benefits are an absolute joke with this company: 401k and health (you may as well pay directly out of pocket for healthcare because it will cost upwards of $400 per pay period/bi-weekly for a family of 3). The lab supervisor is a wolf in sheep's clothing, he's a narcissist and never responsible for anything that goes on. He has the ear of the clinic manager (best buddies) so he's always right. He is incapable of scheduling and he can't work the bench. You'll be responsible for writing SOPs and all the QA/QP on the instruments as well as all of the benchwork and troubleshooting numerous phone calls for a laughable salary. The new phlebotomy staff is incapable of drawing the correct patient and there have been numerous patient call backs and erroneous results reported. All of these issues on top of the laughable salary. They will sell this job to you like it's the best on the planet but they've been operating 3 years and the turnover rate in the lab is >20 employees (not counting the rest of the clinic where almost all of the original physicians have left!) Trust me when I tell you this place is not worth the headache.
Pros
Co-workers (for the most part)
Cons
Everything else!!
Demanding schedules
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dumfries, VAJune 12, 2015
Enjoyable co-workers but the workover load, politics/company guidelines makes it hard for the morale to stay positive. No advancement opportunities.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No benefits
Busy Clinic
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Dumfries, VAMay 28, 2015
Processing patient samples, loading on to analyzers, reviewing and releasing results via LIS, calling critical values and documenting appropriately, troubleshooting quality control problems, setting up cultures & reading, performing manual differentials, reading gram stains, and urine microscopics.
Pros
birthday cake for employees every month
Cons
expensive health iinsurance
It has been a long time
LPN STAFF RELIEF NURSE (Former Employee) –  FayettevilleMay 5, 2015
All I really remember is that I enjoyed working at the different locations. I had gotten injured and was unable to drive or work and my employer, though I had a doctors note told me if I didn't go I would be fired. So needless to say at that point I was no longer employed.
Pros
control of work schedule
Cons
a lot of frequent travel
Enjoyed working with Spectrum, very professional.
Clinical Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Marion C I, Reddick,FloridaFebruary 23, 2015
Being a State Contractor was the hitch that broke the relationship between state agency and contractor.
Unrealistic demands that steadily increased demands on staff and required increased cost output without increased compensation caused the contractor to withdrawal a successful program.
They where professional and offered many opportunities to get more education and develope better knowledge of that field.
I was very disappointed they had to withdrawal that program.
We had a great rapport with the correctional staff, great support from upper management.
Program was developed and proficient in 6-8 months, from empty rooms to full classes and 140 + clients.
Staff very helpful and assisted each other when needed.
Most difficult was seeing some clients just quit,change is difficult.
Most enjoyable part is seeing clients complete the program and seeing the change in self-esteem that created hope,joy, and a belief that they can change and succeed in life.
Pros
Great support staff
Cons
Long drive to work
Private contractor working for the military.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAFebruary 11, 2015
Spectrum was a private contractor staffing personnel for Portsmouth Naval Hospital in Virginia. I worked for 5 Neurosurgeons and it was a great place to work, completely independent with the best working conditions, best benefits and working with the best physicians. Typical day of work was to provide a typed report to each patient within 15 minutes after they were seen by the doctor for them to keep in their personal file, since they were all military personnel and they keep their own medical files. I learned a lot more about neurology and neurosurgery and everyone seemed to work well as a team. There really was no hard part to the job for me. I also got to assist in writing and making of a few books along with 2 of the physicians I was working for on the clinic while at the hospital, which was a learning experience in itself.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits and extra paid days off because of military days paid time off.
Cons
None really that I can think of, I liked the job and everything about it.
Medical Administrator
Medical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scott Air Force Base, ILJanuary 5, 2015
I collected insurance information, medical billing, payments, collected labs for doctors, medical records, patient test results from other medical facilities, multi telephone lines, data entry, practice partner, meditech, taking vitals. This job was the best job I have ever had the pleasure of working at. The hardest part was losing my job when my contract ended and was not up for re establishing.
Pros
work environment was like family
Cons
being employed by a contractor
Good patient care experience
Adult Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 24, 2014
I learned a great deal about being a PMHNP. I gained a great deal of outpatient patient care experience; gained experience with prescriptions; and worked with knowledgeable peers. I did not like the rules and regulations of being a contract employee.
Good company
4th MDG Group Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  MissouriOctober 29, 2014
Good company to work for with good opportunities to choose from.
Contract Company for the U.S. Army
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KyJuly 24, 2014
This was a wonderful experience. I thoroughly enjoyed the work. I learned a great deal about case management and how to assist my patients more effectively. I assisted United States service members who had been wounded in combat and/or here in the united states with a traumatic brain injury. My job was to ensure that my patients set the appointments they needed and were able to make it to them. I also helped them to manage the red tape involved with navigating the military and the healthcare system. My coworkers were wonderful. I generally get along with everyone, but the people in this clinic were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was the patients who did not want help, but who needed it. The balance between advocating for the need for treatment and respecting the patient's right to refuse treatment is sometimes difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching and helping my patients to understand the need for treatment and how to help themselves.
Pros
Awesome work environment
Cons
instability of job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Healthcare Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

Spectrum Healthcare Resources Reviews by Location