Spectrum Healthcare Resources

Spectrum Healthcare Resources Employee Reviews

Needs new management
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 23, 2016
There are a few things good about this place the pay and the work load. As a medical assistant it's a very easy job room patients assist providers if we are short staff things get crazy since there is no team work here alot of lazy emoyees and the good workers that are here get taken advantage of. The management team does not treat everyone fair as it should be in a work environment.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No Benefits
No room for advancement
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 24, 2016
This company does not care about their employee's. It's the worst place I've ever worked. The benefits cost way too much out of pocket. No educational assistance.
Pros
the patients
Cons
management and poor benefits
Great company
Staff Nurse PRN, Medical/Telemetry (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 25, 2016
I was placed on a telemetry floor that was totally staffed. Actually they were overstaffed which made your day so much easier than most hospital environments.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
great benefits
I have no comments
Referral Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 6, 2016
I can't say anything that I love about this position other than at the end of 80 hours I get a pay check.

My co-workers are mostly military and there is very little communication between the group and the contractors as we are labeled.
Great company to work for!!!!
Utilization Management Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2016
It makes if very difficult to work as a contractor in a company at an MTF institution because you are not a respectable, valued employee. You are treated as a less employer and often regarded as "just a contractor", not a valued employee.
Busy Clinic
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Dumfries, VAMay 28, 2015
Processing patient samples, loading on to analyzers, reviewing and releasing results via LIS, calling critical values and documenting appropriately, troubleshooting quality control problems, setting up cultures & reading, performing manual differentials, reading gram stains, and urine microscopics.
Pros
birthday cake for employees every month
Cons
expensive health iinsurance
It has been a long time
LPN STAFF RELIEF NURSE (Former Employee) –  FayettevilleMay 5, 2015
All I really remember is that I enjoyed working at the different locations. I had gotten injured and was unable to drive or work and my employer, though I had a doctors note told me if I didn't go I would be fired. So needless to say at that point I was no longer employed.
Pros
control of work schedule
Cons
a lot of frequent travel
Wonderful experience
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 7, 2015
This was a wonderful experience that I enjoyed doing. I gained a lot of experience that got me where I am today. I trained in various departments
Medical Administrator
Medical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scott Air Force Base, ILJanuary 5, 2015
I collected insurance information, medical billing, payments, collected labs for doctors, medical records, patient test results from other medical facilities, multi telephone lines, data entry, practice partner, meditech, taking vitals. This job was the best job I have ever had the pleasure of working at. The hardest part was losing my job when my contract ended and was not up for re establishing.
Pros
work environment was like family
Cons
being employed by a contractor
Back Office Medical Assistant/ Contract Employee
Back Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mike O'Callaghan Federal Hospital, Nellis AFBJuly 10, 2014
Preparing exam rooms for the patients. Take vital signs and chief complaint and enter into the computer. Assist the physician with procedures. Clean and stock exam rooms. Keep current with Air Force Base continuing education.

Most of the co-workers were active duty airmen.

The hardest part of the job was getting used to the military way of doing things.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients.
Cons
Company was in another state so any problems had to be taken care of with phone calls
Great place to work if you like to work independently
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 17, 2013
Nice clinic with great providers. I would room patients and prepare them for their visit with the doctor. Clean and restock exam rooms appropriately. Assist the provider in procedures, collect specimen and send off to lab, prepare and administer injections as per doctor order. Co-workers were great and all staff was very friendly. Hardest part of job was getting patient prepared for doctor visit on time, especially when they showed up a few minutes late.
Do not recommend
healthcare (Former Employee) –  u.s.February 14, 2013
They do not care about employees that are working for a military facility, just about money that they get from the govt. Vacation and sick days are a joke. Insurance premiums are sky high and make sure that you ask lots of questions before you accept job...Lots of hidden expenses that by law, they do not have to pay for and they will not tell you that unless you ask. Furthermore, you have no legal rights to back you up if you need it...If milatiry treats you bad or discriminates agianst you...You have no union to back you up like gs employees do...Ncoic, military bosses hate contract employees.. Beware of this company and their lies!!
Cons
too many to mention all
Run a very busy Occupational Health Unit
Occupational Health Nurse and Coordinator I, RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJanuary 10, 2014
I enjoy every aspect of my job except the volume sometimes. At times there just is not enough of me to go around. I have wonderful clients, but some very sick ones. I receive many "thank yous" daily from them. I do my best to always provide each client with the maximum possible care and education.
Pros
Monday to Friday day work
Cons
volume - one nurse to a large population of 5k-8k people daily.
Healthcare staffing Industry
PT Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 7, 2012
Solid reputation in the healthcare staffing industry to our Joint Commission certification, Spectrum is exclusively dedicated to providing permanent, civilian-contracted medical professionals to U.S. Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs), Veteran Affairs clinics and other Federal agencies.
Pros
organization climate and management
Cons
hard to be selected for job opening
Great Company!
Audiology Technician (Current Employee) –  Ft Hood TxJuly 20, 2012
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is a great company!
I am an Air Force Reservist that requires away time. Sometimes with out notice, and as long as i have my orders to prove I am on duty they allow me to release without any hassle.
I am at a satellite facility away from where Spectrum works at so keeping in contact when necessary is very easy. phone call or e-mail if not answered right away, they are returned very quickly.
I love my job that i am employed as, an audiology technician, and i enjoy what i do every day.
Spectrum makes sure to keep us updated on everything that we need to know and will make sure we have all the proper paper work filled out and correctly filed.
I enjoy working for this company and they have been a great employer!
Pros
very understandable with military time off, great communication, great employer
Horrible to their employees only value the money they can make from your hard work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ft. Carson, COMarch 6, 2014
I jumped through so many hoops to get a contract with this company. And then after being on the job for three months, they canceled my contract without any explanation or reason. My performance received praise and compliments from the site and then out of no where they canceled my contract giving me no recourse. The orientation was a joke. They only care about getting you on the floor to make money off of your hours. They do not care about the employees, they only care about the money they've already received to staff the position. This company will terminate your contract at any time for no valid reason and you just have to deal with it. I strongly do not recommend you waste your time dealing with this company.
Pros
financial compensation
Cons
everything else
Production and Flexibility
Re-Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2012
I start the day by opening my computer and the software that I will need to complete assignments. I then get my coffee and water for the morning. I work on the most important assignments most of the morning. I then have lunch and complete the rest of the assignments for the day. I have learned that teamwork and team spirit are very valuable. I have learned that going directly to management when you have questions to be answered (depending about the degree of the question, of course) is very important. I have learned that it is very important for co-workers to have a great deal of respect for each other. The hardest part of the job, there is not any that I can think of for the moment ( I'm being honest and genuine about my answer). The most enjoyable aspect of my job is the flexibility when it comes to utilizing my time off.
SHR is new to operating a health facility, previous experience for the company is staffing ERs. Their experience has involved military facilities too
Appointment Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 29, 2013
Typically, I managed my staff in the Appointment Center; coverage, answering questions, and speaking with patients the clerks were not able to help. I also worked with the Lead Physician entering schedules, noting scheduling problems.
I also attended different management meetings. I learned management views problem solutions with different guidelines than the workers view problems.
The hardest part of the job was solving problems and everyone being satisfied with the compromises. At the same time, the most enjoyable part of the job was finding solutions that worked for everyone!
My co-workers were very helpful and great partners.
Pros
flexible hours as a salaried employee
Cons
amount of raise, lack of advancement
Good patient care experience
Adult Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 24, 2014
I learned a great deal about being a PMHNP. I gained a great deal of outpatient patient care experience; gained experience with prescriptions; and worked with knowledgeable peers. I did not like the rules and regulations of being a contract employee.
Was a great company to work for !
Substance Abuse Counselor/Cont. Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 26, 2012
They take care of their employees and I would recommend them to anyone that is looking for employment in the fields they offer.
Pros
very employee oriented, solid company with good pay & good benefits.
Cons
no personal connection with management since they are out of state.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Healthcare Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9