Spectrum Human Services

Spectrum Human Services Employer Reviews

Assisting youth ladys with daily living activites
Youth Worker (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: working with youth
Cons: no health benefits
Preparing youth for school with breakfast and transporting to school, assist with house and daily hygiene up keep.
flexibility
Assistant Clinical Counselor/LPN (Current Employee), all locations in western new yorkDecember 2, 2013
Pros: flexability
Cons: no help with advancement
Spectrum is a stepping stone for a focus in the future. There is a great deal of flexability working at spectrum along with strict management which makes working for spectrum great for it's organized.
Being flexiable when needed
Youth Worker (Current Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 22, 2013
Pros: employment
Cons: no stability with scheduling
As with any job, having the pleasure to work with certain co-workers is the only reason why I enjoyed doing my job. I learned that the term, is not "what' you know, its "who" you know, when it came to this job. The hardest part of this job is management decision when bring new residents that need special attention.
Long hours and hard work
Clinical Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 31, 2013
Pros: co-workers who were passionate about their jobs.
Cons: loss of funding
I had the opportunity to meet individuals who were passionate about helping individuals and families overcome life issues.
Fun, entertaining, games with kids, gym activities.
Youth Worker (Current Employee), Highland Park, MIJuly 10, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, lunch
Cons: mandations and possible physical managements
Work midnights and monitor kids while they are sleeping. Make fifteen minute rounds. Clean control room and complete point sheets. Complete laundry and pass out bins. May sometimes work day shift if mandated. May take kids to breakfast and lunch. Monitor kids in classroom. Do social activities with kids such as play chess, checkers, cards, and watch – more... videos. Complete therapy or counseling sessions and redirect negative social behavior. Management is often times very supportive and good. Co-workers are cooperative and team players. Hardest part of job is sometimes getting mandated to work overtime after working a midnight shift. This may require working sixteen hours. Additionally, you may encounter unruly or disruptive behavior at times throughout the day after already working a long, difficult shift. Most enjoyable part of job, however, is showing delinquent youth what it is like to be a positive male role model and getting along well with challenging,difficult delinquent youth. Also,teaching them positive social behavior and trying to get them to understand negative thinking errors through counseling or peer group assistance. – less
Non Profit agency assiting individuals with physical and emotional life challenges
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIMay 5, 2013
Pros: gained extensive experience in generalist responsabilities
Cons: i miss the organizational focus of record management
A typical day would consist of running background checks, scheduling and conducting new hire orientation, HRIS entry, processing leave of absences and worker injuries, authorizing drug tests and fingerprinting, responding to unemployment claims, administor new benefit enrollees and/or resolve conflicts.
Watching family's get the help they needed
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Westland, MINovember 2, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: seeing how families stuggle
A typical day at work was typing reports for CTW's. I learned that every family is different and require different needs from social workers. The management there was good and the co-workers were even better. The hardest part of my job was seeing the challenges the family's went through. The most enjoyable was staff participation.
Positive Working enviorment
Program Manager (Former Employee), Westland, MIOctober 8, 2012
Pros: professional standards
Cons: sold business
Professional, cutting edge. Highest standards in accrediation process.Provided on going education in leadership skills.
For a mental health agency, they have no empathy for people who are grieving at all.
Secretary (Former Employee), TonawandaJuly 3, 2012
This would be a wonderful agency to work for if it weren't for their misconceptions in the hiring and promoting process. I worked for a child who was promoted to office manaager. She had absolutely no idea about adjustment situations for the clients or staff. Her immaturity and lack of understanding of the many situations in life severely compromized – more... the environment.

To top it all off, they then hired a manager over her who didn't have the ability to be a manager. There was no communication or care from this individual at all.

For being a mental health clinic, I give them thumbs down. They should have understood that I came back to work because I thought I was needed never thinking I would be reprimanded for not noticing a client come in and sit in the corner where I could not see him. Power, not empathy, went to this little girl's head.

I would not recommend this company. They are cheap and irresponsible in their hiring process. – less
I learned a great deal while working with qualified individuals
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 27, 2012
Pros: dinamic
Great educational experience, and truely a caring group on professionals to work with.
Excellent in helping youth with everyday living skills.
ISP Staffer (Former Employee), Westland, MIMarch 31, 2012
Pros: the clients were given allowance, on fri. for keeping the home clean.
Cons: there' a 4hr.break when working a 12hr. shift, benefits.
This was a enjoyable job, I worked with all nationalities,and clients from many different backgrounds. The co-workers were helpful and re
spectful.The hours were flexiable and their homes were very neat/clean.