Spectrum Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

Housekeeping
Assistant Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJanuary 30, 2018
Fast pace, retirement facility i enjoyed working with. I was in the assistant manager position i enjoyed helping my co-workers when needed. Keeping the apts cleaned and sanitized and helping the elderly when needed was a great feeling end of day.
Loving People
Server (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 10, 2018
So much fun to work with great people and residents. You learn a lot and it is great as a first time serving job. Lack of advancement make it stagnant.
Terrible place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJanuary 5, 2018
I would give Management no stars but it doesn't let you do that management was very unprofessional and very lazy. Caregivers didn't seem to care at all about the residents. Overworked and understaffed for to long
Pros
Some nice staff. Free lunches
Cons
Managenent
Great Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJanuary 2, 2018
It was an amazing experience for my very first job. Management was great. Sometimes other people made it a little stressful but overall was a job worth having. I got to know residents and help some other staff when needed.
Loved the residents but...
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 26, 2017
Management is awful, very demeaning and plays favorites. Feels like you have to walk on egg shells when working with them, always watching your every move. The residents are one of the only good parts of the job. They are always friendly and sweet. Most of the RAs (resident assistants) you can tell don't care about the residents and are just rude in general. The pay is decent for what you do and the hours a week are good but the way they schedule doesn't make much sense and doesn't allow you to really have a life outside of work. The building is very nice inside so it is a very pretty environment to work in.
Pros
Friendly residents
Cons
Poor managment
Work here if disrespect is what you want!!
MA (Former Employee) –  AnywhereDecember 26, 2017
Most unprofessional employer I have ever worked for. Makes you feel inadequate on a daily basis. If I could give zero stars I would. People go above and beyond and are humiliated on a regular basis. Profanity in professional meetings. Condescending attitude and will not hesitate to toss the blame on someone who is doing their job. Breaks the rules just because change is good...
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Favoritism if the ED likes you you are golden.
Don’t Bother
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILDecember 22, 2017
You will get the support you need from corporate, but that’s it. I appreciated the opportunity to serve wonderful residents and with very helpful Directors in other departments. Just, not the ED. She turned into “Mommy” and wanted me to ask permission to do anything.
Pros
The residents
Cons
The management
Excellent working environment, very rewarding
Dir. Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIDecember 3, 2017
My community is an excellent working environment. The most rewarding is my relationships with residents and their families. Also, being able to act as a counselor and advocate for senior living gives me the opportunity to help families that are sometimes distressed and in a crisis situation. To be able to provide a new positive environment for their loved one is extremely rewarding. I still have relationships with families even after the passing of their loved one. The most difficult part of my job is the revolving door of residents continually passing away. My main goal of course is to maintain 100% occupancy with a pipeline so that when there are vacancies I am able to fill the community quickly.
Pros
Very rewarding occupation
Cons
The passing away of residernts
Great place to work for those starting out
Server (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHOctober 17, 2017
Working here is great if you are debuting your career as a Resident Aid or Nurse but the server position is a bit rough. The staff is constantly understaffed leading to stress to the full-time workers and annoyance for the part-timers because everyone is always being called in. Working so many hours there, you forget that it is work and start to lose respect and pride for the place you work at, therefore standards slip and things go downhill.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Stressful work environment
Good people at the community, upper management is questionable.
Southview Assisted Living (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2017
Poor upper management. Too friendly amongst each other, too aloof from the team members.
Micromanagement at one time, unable to contact at other times.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
upper management
not a good place to be, long hours not enough money
cook (Former Employee) –  3 creeksOctober 11, 2017
short staffed and they opened another location and people were going to go there. seemed like everywhere was missing people. started with no boss then got one who was nice but didnt know anything and he left after two months then got a new one. I had to get out of there.
Pros
friendly staff, free lunches, nice boss
Cons
skipped breaks, long hours, not shown what to do, not organized, not enough money
So much negligence
Concierge (Former Employee) –  The homestead at hickory view in Washington, MOAugust 19, 2017
The management is a joke. They neglect the residents safety. They don't care about anything except for keeping the rooms filled for awards and money. The management talks badly about their employees in front of other employees. It is supposed to be independent living but the residents that have alzhiemers try to escape (and have!). The managers don't care if you express concern about the residents safety. They only care about overcharging the poor elderly. They tell the employees not to call family members at all and especially don't express concerns about the residents with the family members.
Cons
Negligence, poor management
They walk the talk!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 11, 2017
This is a company that backs up its published core values in all areas. Team Members are recognized for their contribution and rewarded for working hard and doing the right thing. The Leadership Team supports each other and each others departments, willing to help in any area. The lack of inflated egos is refreshing. It is always about doing what is right for our residents. Is it perfect? Of course not, but they actively strive to be. It is a pleasure to go to work everyday.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
It's hot in the Summertime!
Great company to work for
Move In Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anthem, AZAugust 8, 2017
It's a pleasure to work for a company as thoughtful and caring as this one. I feel appreciated and that makes for a happy day, every day. They make sure you are trained in every aspect and they support advancement of their employees. It's a true honor to work for Spectrum Retirement.
Pros
Supports advancement, caring employees
Great Company
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Ellisville, MOJune 29, 2017
I have worked for Spectrum Retirement Communities for over 8 years now. I started out with the company as a server in the dining room and have worked my way up through the company. I love how the company promotes from within.They provide a lot of opportunities for team members to advance their careers within the company.
Great people to work with
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJune 19, 2017
The residents that live here make this job so enjoyable. Most of them are so kind and happy that I am here. The people I work with are very supportive and always help when needed. Everyone pitches in to make sure every task is completed. I feel very confident in my job and I know I have the support of those I work with.
Great Place to Work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 15, 2017
Spectrum Retirement is a great place to work. As the company grows, there are opportunities for growth. Personal Growth is one of the core values, and something that I feel they do a great job with. If you want to grow - ask for new projects or classes to take - they will help you!

It is rewarding work when you see happy residents. I also feel valued as an employee.
Pros
PTO Benefits, Flexible Hours, Growth
Great Company to work for!
Director of Community Relations (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 2, 2017
This company truly cares about their employees! From the moment I started, they made me feel like I had been a part of the family from the start. The Regional team does an amazing job making sure that they show appreciation, and they are always available for support when you need them.

I love working for this company, and I am looking forward to growing with them!
Great Place to work !! The executive at Highpointe is amazing!!
JoAnn Qmap on days (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 2, 2017
Working For a Spectrum Community, has been a great experience! Everyday ,you can count on a positive feel, attitude, and overall just positive vibe while working at the community. The management team are all supportive of each other, and really care about their staff. The hardest thing is leaving work for the day, since the resident become part of life and are such a joy to be around.
Pros
Working in a positive atmosphere
Cons
having to leave the residents for the day
Great company!
Community Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 2, 2017
Spectrum is a great company to be a part of in the senior living industry. They are one of the few that openly hold meetings and conferences so that employees can discuss and brainstorm ideas on how to improve or add to their communities, in a completely open and encouraging environment. They consistently provide you with opportunities to learn and grow in your position.
Pros
support for all employees at all levels, commissions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Retirement Communities. Our community is ready to answer.