Spectrum Staffing Employee Reviews

Working location was excellent, but the staffing company could care less about you
Game Designer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 11, 2017
Now the place I worked at through the staffing company was really good. The other employees were helpful and friendly, the bosses were relaxed and easy-going about hours. The work was simple but also fun. The hardest part was really my first day getting to know everything. The most enjoyable part of the job was that after a month, work didn't feel like work. It was fun what I got to work on and considering how much it was per hour and that this was my first job, this was a really good deal I had going on there. Of course it was only a six month contract job but aside from that I enjoyed my time at the working location.

The actual staffing company on the other hand well, to be fair the person who got me the job was decent and they actually genuinely cared about getting me a job that was in my field. However, when they left to get a different job, there were no more employees at Spectrum that were helpful or cared. After my contract job ended I asked if they had anything new come in, which they didn't at the time fair enough. But then they give me this rubbish about how they don't have jobs in my field and that what I got was a one time deal, which I knew to be lies as they have had quite a few job openings (since my contract ended) that are in my field.

If I were you I'd go and find something more full time. If you do get a job from this staffing company I'd recommend keeping your ears to the ground for something else in the meantime as they will Not give you any warning when your contract period is up.
Pros
Flexible hours and good pay
Cons
Staffing employees were rude, unhelpful and decietful
temp agency
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 8, 2015
very nice staff. They were able to get you a semi permanent position. If you are looking to get your foot in the door in the CDCR system I would give them a chance.
Cna (Current Employee) –  WestbrookJune 25, 2015
Great place to work. Stand behind their employees. Nice to be able to talk to the same person every time you call. Very Professional and truly care about the care that is received by their clients.
Very Professional Fun Place to Work At
AutoCAD Illustrator/Drafting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, NJNovember 24, 2014
My coworkers were great.
I enjoyed the type of work I did.
New experience.
Enjoyed working with the AutoCad software.
Pros
Great Job Experience
Cons
Temporary Assignment
Busy Work Place
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 23, 2014
The hardest part about the job was running up and down the stairs all night long with me having scoliosis.
Pros
Free backstage entry to live events
Cons
No breaks
Various occupational environments
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mountain Lakes, NJJune 25, 2014
These assignments offered the opportunity for employment oriented growth by providing many different work settings and job skills.
Pros
Constant consumer interaction
Cons
Lack of job stability
enjoyed working in forensic facitily
Licensed Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 8, 2014
i would probably work for this company again. however i did not like that when harassed by supervisor hired through CDCR i did not have any backing from Spectrum. i got more cooperation and help in the matter from CDCR
That place doesn't care about its employees
Bartender/Concessions (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 27, 2014
If there was ever a business in the business of making money and treating their employees like poorly, Spectrum is it!
The higher-ups who come to Minneapolis don't even speak to the concessions staff; They don't say hello, thank you, good by. They tell us to use these jiggers- fine, but when the head guy comes up to watch us to see if we are using them, makes drinks and does not use them himself.
They are constantly messing up the schedule, spending ten days to finish it when they don't have to and making sure they have corrections to be made.
They are not union friendly and don't apologize for the many mess ups they are responsible for.
They make me feel weird about coming to work, treat me like they wish they had other people working, and the only reason why I feel that I have job security is because of the Union that recently got voted in- otherwise, we would most likely all be out of jobs.
They don't pay us correctly, they don't respect the union, and they don't respect us.
Pros
I have a job. But I did before we got outsourced to them
Team Work and Individual work
Spectrum Staffing (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 7, 2013
Working well on your own as well as with a team to complete your job on time.
Spectrum staffing
Customer Service  (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJJuly 18, 2013
Spectrum Staffing is a temp agency. I have no issues with Spectrum Staffing
great exercise while mopping and cleaning Target Center stadium stairs
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 14, 2013
swept and mopped many stairs at the Target Center
Stadium. I gained more cleaning experience. The management was fine and some what organized. I had helping co-workers to help finish the job! The most part of the job was repeatedly going up and down stairs mopping, which really consists of muscle work and good breathing technique. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting exercise, getting piece of mind... and socializing with co-workers while cleaning!
Pros
gaining more experience within janitor duty
Cons
less organization than i expected there to be
Love this place
Cable Assembler (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 4, 2013
Great ppl to wk for,always room for growth and ok pay.Teamwotk is good at most places
Pros
overtime
benefits
Dedicated to providing steady employment
Electronic Assembly (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJanuary 27, 2013
Spectrum Staffing is a temporary staffing agency with whom I have been employed since April 2012. The management there have been estremely helpful in keeping me employed and during the short time between assignments, were consistent in finding me another assignment.
Pros
management is friendly, caring, and good to work for.
Cons
temporary staffing agency
hard to get a hold of when you need some answers, not aware of job situations.
powder coater (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 21, 2012
enjoyed the job, learned how to powder coat, very disorginized in process and set up , hanging parts was a guessing game.I haven't worked in powder before but this paint shop was first class
Cons
holidays off no pay
Great managers
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 8, 2012
I loved working with Spectrum, the managers understood that I was going to school and made sure that I was given adequate amount of work around my school schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9