Spectrum Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Contractor Review
Sr. Broadband Technician/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 22, 2017
Good Company with Stability. Overall a nice place to work. Lots of opportunities to increase your earnings if you are willing to work overtime and go the extra mile.
Pros
Flexibility and Compensation.
Cons
No Health Benefit For Contractors and 12 Hours Work Day Daily
Great Start To Workforce
Field Technician II, Fayetteville (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 21, 2017
This is a great starter job for those that need work experience. Each day is different from the next and at times it can be overwhelming. Some days are busy and others are slow.
Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Spectrum is pays fairly well and has great benefits, but there are too many changes to the commission structure and there is absolutely no job security.
Review
Customer Care Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2017
My work day would consist of taking escalation calls, coaching, answering IM and answering emails. The most enjoyable part of my day is interacting with my co workers.
For a part-time job while attending college, it was ideal
SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMSeptember 20, 2017
It was very stressful and extremly quick-paced. But it was a great learning experience all around. They worked with everyone's schedule as best as they could and I helped in many areas of the facility, not just what was in my job description.
Spetrum was a producted company
Porter (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 20, 2017
I clean bathroom office cub and etc. Daily day vacuum, mop, dust, and making the employees happy in they job environment. Spectrum is a family with wonderful opportunity.
Spectrum
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Working at spectrum as an inbound sales agent is not bad, it's just not something I see myself doing in future. I am currently looking at other positions that will best fit me.
Company needs a reboot
Tier 3 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Charter/Spectrum is the epitome of the word "corporation" in all the worst respects. There are so many things wrong with the company, I could literally go on for hours, but like a doctor diagnosing a patient, you have to start with the symptoms and see what they point to. I could tell you about the 30 year old billing system that they still utilize for account and equipment management, or the records kept in triplicate every time a call comes in (like a joke out of a bad movie), or how about the daily gamble of which support tools will be out of service on which day. Yes, hours could be spent on these topics but in the end it all comes down to bad leadership.

Leaders who are specifically told that their job is to get their employees off of the phone. Leaders that feel that giving you help or advice more than once is beyond them (if they've told you once, they've told you a hundred times). Leaders that punish you for going above and beyond the call of duty. Leaders that train you in deception and diversion tactics to use against your customers. And beyond that, leaders who are above and beyond reproach.
Pros
Free internet access.
Cons
Hating what you do.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoy this job but had to relocate. Work has slowed way down and that effects my pay. So I'm looking for something in my new area with a steady work load.
could be more productive
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 18, 2017
love working with clients
learned to keep an open mind
supervisors could be more supportive
staff should not run programs
follow up is very important
Fast paced
Dispatch and Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 16, 2017
Very complicated order details and codes not enough support for dispatchers who need to move extremely fast to answer phone call and resolve technical issues
Pros
Good medical Benefits
Cons
Bad work schedules and days off also very low paying job for amount of work
Buena
Esamblaje y producción (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 15, 2017
Buena ,te dan la oportunidad de crecer tu conocimiento en él área de producción y empaque.los empleados tienen plan médico y buena paga.
outside sales
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 14, 2017
This job isn't for everyone. Long hours in a car 6 days a week, knocking on doors to homes where people have been burnt by the company in the past. No fun.
Experience and training
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 14, 2017
I have only been here since the end of April. My opinion has not been fully developed. I am pleased with my manger, my team and the entire Dayton Sales staff at this point.
Pros
time
Cons
weather
was great in the beginning
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 13, 2017
working in el paso call center was great when i first started. now the calls are too much and too little agents. pay is about $12-15 starting. other than that if you can handle a call center job its a great place to work.
Billing Agent (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Needs better training classes and better work advancement positions. It also needs better pay for all positions at the company and more hands on management.
Pros
Free Services
Loved working for Spectrum when they went by brighthouse
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2017
I really liked working for Spectrum in Riverview, FL. Everyone in the construction team was very friendly and helpful. All of the contractors were cut during the Spectrum merge and sadly I was a contractor. I got called back to help when work piled up too high. Its too bad that corporate made the call to clean house. However I would love to work in-house for Spectrum.
Good company to work for.
Technology Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, CASeptember 12, 2017
I enjoy Spectrum as a company,but Im looking for a career more involved in learning IT support.Ive learned a lot from them and look forward to learning more.
Pros
Discounted cable, internet, phone.
Cons
Long drives to work.
Boring, but easy.
Dispatcher 2 (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 12, 2017
It was fast paced, and slow paced at times. The days felt long, and sometimes you would not have much to do. It could be easy for some, but others might find it challenging depending how well you adapt to change because work procedure and new system are always being introduced.
Pros
free cable/internet, sometimes free food, good benefits
Cons
could be very boring at times
Slow advancement
Field Technician V / Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 11, 2017
The pay was just very small for the workload expected and the ability to advance was slow at best and not necessarily based on merit. Every year or two a new company takes over and you get demoted.