Spectrum Employee Reviews

Technical Support Center
Dispatch Supervisor/Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 19, 2016
I enjoy working in a fast pace environment where there's never a dull moment resulting on multitasking and rapid cognitive decision making while exceeding the level of performance metrics/expectations of the Department. Consistent report analysis that facilitates the identification of key employees while maintaining the learning loop with my team. Throughout the years of service I have learned the different management and communication styles to be successful in the cable industry, in both a sales and technical support service environment.
I enjoy working and collaborating with a wide cross section of departmental groups.
Pros
Discounted Cable, Internet and Digital Phone Services; Excellent Benefits; Great Pay.
Spectrum is a great IT company.
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 20, 2016
The job description or the position I would play on the Logistics meet wasn't clearly explained. The contract I work under had internal differences that I was not aware of. And I was never apart of the conversation. When my contract came to the end, it ended.
Pros
The CEO of Spectrum got out and toured all location in the US and met with his people regularily, The company celebrated every holiday with the people, This was a very good company to work for
Cons
Spectrum didn't have the overall insight of this contract.
fun place to work, but hard labor
Instructional Aide Special Education (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 8, 2016
if your IA1 basically you would be doing the same thing as the IA2 but you get paid less. You already getting paid lower than other places. they definitely have a preference for male staff, however there are a few females that actually do a better job tan the men.
Cons
no lunch break, undeer pay, constitantly gining new things or duties, do prefer staff
Sweat Shop
Detention Officer I (Former Employee) –  Jamul, CAJuly 5, 2016
The jobs we were assigned were easy and challenging too. The company was very hard on their employees, and made you always feel like you were on edge of losing your job. Also many were suspended without proper notice or warnings and were many times placed on two week suspensions.
Pros
Pay
Cons
All else
Current position
Authorized Retailer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 4, 2016
I enjoy partnering with business owners to grow their business. Most of my current dealers are prepaid mobile phone dealers. I’m very familiar with mobile phone independent dealers and their front line sales teams. My number one goal is to drive sales and increase market share. I work closely with business owners to show them the value of my company’s products, financial gain and the support I offer to help them be profitable. I focus on the front line sales team as well. I find out what is their hot button to sell. I want them to reach their financial goals and show them how selling our services they can reach that goal. I give them my direct number to call me at any time to help them sell.

Most of my sales experience has been business to business sales. I have excellent skills with: negotiating contracts, attention to detail, training and developing new employees, professional relationships with internal and external clients, follow through, exceeding company objectives and successfully closing business with a consultative sales approach.

I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you in person and discuss the Manager of Indirect Accounts position in more detail. I’m confident my professional skills, work ethic and personality would be a great match for this position.
Good work place , and safe
Driver (Former Employee) –  P O Box 333 Fairlawn , NJJuly 1, 2016
The Spectrum Group was at the time a good experience . Except for the lack of work overall it was a positive company to work for .
Pros
good Lunches
Cons
no healthcare provided
Working there is great
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2016
I had a great experience there but I am ready for something different, I want to use my education in a job. I met great people while working there management was okay, Nigh shift not so great
Needs better Management
Psych aide (Former Employee) –  Rivervale, NJJune 13, 2016
My typical day at work was busy from the time of client pick up till drop off. I had good experiences and bad but overall the management could have been way better then it was. Cameras should have also been presence to prevent assumption and actual neglect of staff and clients.
Pros
Family orientated
Cons
Bad management
low Pay,easy work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Selmer, TNMay 12, 2016
I worked there for like 2 months and it was easy,but they talked about lay offs the pay is only 7.75/hr not enough for someone with kids,but perfect for someone out of high school.
Pros
got to leave on lunch
Cons
low wages
Good place to get experience.
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2016
It was a good place to learn and work with talented people, the problem was that talented people kept leaving. The upper level leaders were good, the regional level leaders lacked training in IDN sales.
I enjoyed working there because of the driving in the city.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2016
I delivered oxygen to patients at home and in hospitals and care facilities.
Co-workers were great people who loved what they did.
The hardest part of the job was driving in traffic.
The most enjoyable was seeing patients recover and not require oxygen any more.
Pros
Lots of free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Senior SATCOM Implementation Lead (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 12, 2016
Great place to work. Great work life balance. I would continue to work there but our government contract has come to an end
Very Job intensive with knowlege in Communication Systems. There are flexible hours and a great atmosphere to work in.
Project Analyst, Integrator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 8, 2016
• Provides support for the Air Force Wideband Enterprise Terminals (AFWET) program’s implementation of the Modernization of Enterprise Terminals (MET) and related efforts
• Specific activities include building and maintaining a master schedule, tracking resources aligned to projects.
• Reporting project status information to the AFWET implementation leads in order to de-conflict activities..
• Air Mobility Command (AMC) Travel Coordinator - submit and monitor requests for AMC flights through APACS; ensuring prerequisite training and submission of DD Form 1833 for AFWET project travelers.
• Possess significant self-initiative to identify problems as they emerge and improve processes to minimize issues and costs (time, manpower and funding).
• Regular interface with AFWET Implementation Lead, project managers, logistics, engineering department and installation teams.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; proficient in Microsoft Project.
• Organize and track PM rotation Implementation for Site Leads and track and input all data in the data bases.
Fun place to work.
Cashier, Stocker (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMarch 10, 2016
My co-workers became family. Fun to work with. Just not enough pay or hours. The store manager was a great boss. The discounts that we got were helpful. Enjoyed the customers.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
Not enough pay.
Understands that employees also have families that need their time.
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 17, 2016
Answered phones and met and spoke all types of important people. Learned to appreciate what it's to like to work in a small, family oriented company. Management was fair across the board, friendly, loving co-workers. The hardest part of my job was having to leave and the most enjoyable part of my job was I was allowed to be myself (large personality).
Pros
Consideration for their employees, award incentives, everything.
Cons
Having to leave.
Spectrum
Order picker (Current Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHDecember 7, 2015
I would start my day, by clocking in and pick a order out a designated bucket. Than pick that order, take it to shipping and start the whole process over.
Very Professional Work Place
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Capital Heights, MDNovember 3, 2015
Going from site to site repairing, installing, or performing maintenance on HVAC equipment. Interacting with customers and properly informing them on how to properly use and maintaining the equipment. Writing work orders. Taking care of company vehicle.
lack of authority. no advancement.
picker (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHOctober 20, 2015
You walk around with scanner and pick orders. The scanner will tell you where to go and what part to get. They hire the most unmotivated,lazy workers and expect you to work 58 hours a week. Every Saturday. Management is suppose to give you a review in 90 days but won't. It is the worst managed work place I've ever worked at and I've never seen a place have a part time HR who just isn't there.
Productive place to work
LEAD FIELD ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2015
Very organized company. Management was always on top of the well being of the field engineers. After long hours of work a relief crew would be sent out for the safety of the workers. Team effort was definitely a must in this company.
Pros
Great management
Cons
No health care
worst job ever
Facility Attendant (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CASeptember 8, 2015
never thought i would have ever worked at that gym for as long as i did. management is terrible always cutting corners and never looking out for their employees.

2.9