District Manager Trainee (DMT):
The District Manager Trainee (DMT) position is an entry level position designed for both the career-minded college graduate and the experienced retail professional. This position is primarily designed to prepare an individual to oversee 8-11 retail convenience store locations as a District Manager.
The in-depth, hands-on training program is approximately 6 months long and is divided into two phases. Phase I consists of learning store operations and assignment in operating a store. During phase II, the DMT receives training with field and corporate personnel, including Field Management, Human Resources, Marketing, Merchandising, and Safety & Security.
- Profit and Loss management, including: planning budgets, maximizing sales, and controlling expenses.
- Staffing, training and supervising Store Managers, implementing merchandising programs, controlling cash and inventory, motivating and team-building, and promoting excellent customer service.
- A company car is provided to District Managers for business use. District Managers also are challenged by a bonus program that rewards store performance and profitability.
- District Manager Bonus of up to $3,000 per quarter
- 401k with Company Match
- $5,250 / Year Tuition Reimbursement
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- And many more benefits!
Successful candidates for the District Manager Trainee position must have:
- Previous management experience within a service or retail business and/or a related college degree.
- Prior multi-unit management experience is preferred.
- Prior relevant experience and/or related college degree is preferred for candidates considered for career path training tailored to HR, Marketing, Auditing, etc.
- While the career growth potential within and beyond this position is incredible, the position does require someone who is self-motivated, has 24/7 flexibility and is willing to relocate upon completion of the training. Speedway is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Speedway is committed to attracting the best people by offering competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, a diverse work environment, and...