Speedway, LLC. Employee Reviews

Found 2,322 reviews matching the search
Great employer
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYFebruary 22, 2017
Is a great job for students or anyone looking for part-time work. Lots to do and you Generally stay busy all shift. Willing to work with schedules for school.
Great place to work.
Cashier/stock (Former Employee) –  Louisa, KYFebruary 21, 2017
Fun outgoing atmosphere. Chance to interact with different people every day. Being able to work one on one with customers and helping with their needs daily.
Street rod tech/ ordertaker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 20, 2017
Didn't feel all employees are treated the same work hours adjustable good working environment not a gas station free fruit on fridays management didn't seem to follow through with all aspects.
Pros
Free fruit on fridays
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIFebruary 18, 2017
the job is easy and the stores are very managable. the customers are funny and they make sure your day is good and they put a smile on your face.
worst job iv had
cashier (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHFebruary 18, 2017
It was the worst job experience that iv had in my work experience. the managment was not very good at all, they were one sided and would take sides and would not be impartial.
My concerns dont matter
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Raeford, NCFebruary 16, 2017
I am working for one of the worst managers at the store I am currently employed. He has very little integrity; after a few bugs were spotted in the coffee island, it took him 2 weeks to decide that maybe the exterminator should be called, but not until a CUSTOMER had to show it to him. We constantly run out of product and expired product isn't removed from shelves timely. Expressing concern to him goes in one ear & out the other, and the usual answer involves "it goes against my bonus". Hes been rude to team members in front of customers to the point that HR had to be contacted. I hope Speedway wakes up and takes the complaints seriously or they are going to continue to lose good employees and good customers.
Pros
Flexible schedules, good benefits
Cons
Poor management, no breaks, low starting pay
Speedway
cashier/ crew (Former Employee) –  Paw Paw, MI 49079February 16, 2017
Speedway is great for anyone in a quick hurry to their destination. Management is very kind and so are the employees. Speedway offers selections from gas to their delicious freezies.
Pros
flexible hours for your busy life
Cons
roller grill food not well made
Very productive work enviroment.
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Grafton, VAFebruary 15, 2017
My typical day at this employment starts around the afternoon, which on some days may be 3pm or 4pm. Here i am responsible for making sure the store is clean, providing great customer service, while making sure each customer has a pleasant day entering and leaving from the store. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing a regular customer and knowing exactly what he or she wants. That much of a little effort shows that customer that we care about them at the job, which in returns makes them return.
very productive and fun place to work
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INFebruary 15, 2017
I had the pleasure of working with the company for a year and a half and had many advancements while I was there. I started out on third shift then moved to making the food for the store. After 7 months of making food I moved up to shift lead.
Speedway
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, INFebruary 15, 2017
Very good company to work for. I didn't like the pay, but I loved the job! I loved my boss and my bosses boss. I loved managing my shifts.
Pros
Great company
Cons
bad pay

Want to know more about Speedway, LLC.?

Ask a question
Always constant
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 15, 2017
It's definitely not a repetitive job. Ringing up the guests can be as much fun as you make it. There's so much to learn and do, so many laws that are always changing. It was a great place to learn.
Cons
No breaks, very low pay for the job
waste of time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIFebruary 14, 2017
management sucks they were very poor on training helping and i was listed at full time getting if i was lucky 8 hours a week even though part time workers were getting 40+
good food bad job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Good Hope, ALFebruary 14, 2017
Good job amazing night shift horrible first shift. Bad management. Coworkers running off to make out with each other. Love the customers and miss them. Left be a use I moved away.
Pros
good hours
Cons
they pick favorites
Easy work
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 13, 2017
Not a bad job. Enjoyed the customers as well as new management
Worked for Lexington location.
Even working on holidays didn't bother me. The customers really made it worth while.
Busy workplace and often short-staffed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 13, 2017
Speedway is a decent place to start out working at, but so much is expected for minimum wage here. I worked mostly second shift in my time at Speedway, and it was always 2 employees. We were responsible for cleaning the entire store, stocking shelves and the coolers, all while trying to provide the customers with everything they needed. However, sometimes this got frustrating because of how busy the store could get at any given time. Rarely did you have time to breathe, and there were no scheduled breaks at all. The store manager was also terrible at writing schedules, so often we would have to correct him on this. On top of that, he liked to leave his employees stuck at the register for hours on end so that he could goof off and do whatever he wanted. It also didn't help that he would leave a huge pile of work for the next manager, making their job even harder.

In summary, only work here part time if you can help it, and voice your concerns. They hate losing employees at this company because they are consistently understaffed. Make them listen to you.
Pros
401K plan, flexible hours, work with school schedule, great coworkers
Cons
No breaks at all, unorganized management, extremely busy at all times
Fast paced, and energetic environment
CO MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNFebruary 13, 2017
This was a job full of challenges. There is fantastic training development and advancement opportunities. I was able to develop leadership skills and improved my customer service skills. In general it was an energetic and fun workplace. I appreciated the diversity of the customers and my co-workers. I found it difficult to balance my life with the work requirements.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Too much time away from home
Gas Station
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 12, 2017
Its a good paying job but if you have a family is not the job for you if you a manager. Some weeks you week 60 plus hours. I like my job exceptional the customer.
Job was nothing close to what was expected.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INFebruary 11, 2017
Manager was an hour hoarder. She didn't give her employees the hours that they were supposed to get. Pay was horrible for the amount of work you're supposed to do.
It's a great business and your benefits you get from it are spectacular
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 11, 2017
For a first job, it definitely introduced me into being an adult real well. Some were really helpful, others kind of made it reality of having a job and dealing with people you might not want to deal with. As a company, it is the most well organized companies I've seen in awhile. You work well, you gain a lot from it. I was always moving and working which I love; there was always something to do.
Pros
Health benefits, a lot of hours, paid weekly
Cons
Hired anyone really so it was difficult to work with people that didn't wanna listen or help
Bad company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 10, 2017
They change all the policies so they will fire you for doing nothing they don't care about there employees. I would never work there again.
Pros
They will fire you for nothing
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedway, LLC.. Our community is ready to answer.