Speedway, LLC.

Speedway, LLC. United States Employee Reviews

Very Busy. Must be on your A game.
Co-Manager Trainee. (Current Employee), Lore City, OHApril 17, 2015
Pros: I have great benefits
Cons: I can not work second shifts
Our store is very busy. we work off of an ECC worksheet that details certain areas of the store that needs to be addressed and viewed from a customer. I count cigs and lottery. I make sure that CSR are assigned to their positions and what the daily goals are for the day. I enjoy my customers every day. I keep the store organized and cleaned.
Fun workplace with amazing co-workers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Clendenin, WVApril 16, 2015
An average day at work there would consist of, opening your till, counting your stock, and cleaning. The management there was amazing. The hardest part of the job would be the drive offs. People would get caught up in the busy times during the day, and not pay attention to the gas pumps.
fun fast pace place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 16, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: sometimes no breaks
Speedway was a fun place to work and meet new people and make new friends. It at times was a very fast pace place to work and either you kept up or you got lost, I kept up for 7 years.
Multi-tasking is a must have for this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kendallville, INApril 16, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: pay, hours
Multi tasking is must in this job. Have to pay attention to the outside as well as the inside of the building. Have to have cash handling experience to thrive with this employer.
Fast paced, rush work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIApril 15, 2015
Pros: Always picked up extra hours.
Cons: Snotty managers, Stress isn't worth the pay, Too rushed in daily tasks
Working at Speedway entails knowing how to run a point of sales system, changing BIBS and receipt paper; cleaning gas pumps, changing outside garbage, sweeping the parking lot. As a CSR, you'd also make food if needed, sweep and mop the inside floors; clean bathrooms, stock, front, and face coolers, shelves, and cigarettes. Lotto sales are big.
great work enviroment with great staff
Cashier (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 15, 2015
Pros: great pay, work conditions, great staff
Cons: short breaks
its a great work enviroment and had fun co workers and a even better manager staff just all around great place to work i loved every bit of it even the customers where great
Good Staff
Store Clerk, Assist Public, Stock cooler (Former Employee), Bolivar, OHApril 15, 2015
Enjoyed working for my supervisor. She pushed us to do our best in a professional manner. This was a job right out of High School for me.
productive and fun work place
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 14, 2015
Pros: customer interaction
Cons: no scheduled breaks
I loved the advancement opportunities. Loved the csrs I was able to work with. I had one of the best store mgrs. there was for speedway.
Growing company
District Manager (Current Employee), Reading, PAApril 13, 2015
Since aquiring Hess Express, Speedway will now span from the midwest to the east coast, making them the second largest convenience store retailer. Their quick growth will create many opportunities within the company, but the company may struggle to create brand recognition along the east coast.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 12, 2015
Pros: Co-workers and benefits
Cons: The district manager at the time
My typical day was running the cash register and cafe area.I learned how to do gas changes,run the check machine and run the lottery.I also learned how to check in vendors.The management was good except for upper they were also very strict and only concerned about sales sales sales.The hardest part of the job was nothing customers.The most enjoyable was everything.My co-workers were awsome
Starter Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Joliet, ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: Talking with the customers
Cons: small stores
If youn young looking for a nice starter Job this isnt a bad place to look. Or if you just need a part time job to make some extra cash. But they dont offer full time to many people so it will never be a career unless you really want it to be.
Friendly fast service.
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: Speedway rewards points and free drinks
A typical day for us was starting the shift off with the smell of fresh coffee and smiles. My co-workers and I learned a lot from each other, like how to communicate and be dependable.
Management was great, strict to a paint but fun too. A perfect balance. My co-workers were also balanced, high energy but focused and keen. Hardest part, cleaning the restrooms, it can be a very dirty business. Most enjoyable I would have to say was the more consistent scheduling and great upper management.
It was a clean work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Margate, FLApril 8, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: No breaks
There are some cons no one gets a break so if you work the 9 hr shift you don't get a break. They don't allow you to go for any type of break even if you don't have any customers.
Fun and energetic place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Perrysburg, OHApril 7, 2015
Cons: No free drinks or food.
I really enjoy working for Speedway. I like the work, the atmosphere, and the people I work with. The environment is not too rigid, the management is friendly and helpful. The customers are usually very nice and problems are easily solved. My co-workers are very nice and cooperative and we get along well as a team.
Poor management with no communication skills or care for employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Berrien Springs, MIApril 6, 2015
Pros: Close to home, fast work pace, very methodical
Cons: Poor management, poor communication skills, poor treatment
Management was very contradictory and violated policy a lot. Our team had zero teamwork and no communication skills; management would never communicate key issues or changes with the team and information was delivered late and second-hand. Pay was not correct for assumed risk of overnight responsibilities and all store tasks were left up to one employee.
I would rate speedway much hire if the management was better
Food Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2015
Pros: fast pace work
Cons: no overtime
Speedway was my ideal job for a long period of time. although, management was rude most of the time, and co-workers didn't follow basic instructions. I was very interested in moving up in the company, the pay rate wasn't enough to provide for my family.
Fun place to work
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Lima, OHApril 3, 2015
Pros: easy, laid back environment
Cons: Shifts drag
I typical day at Speedway is very laid back and easy. I've learned how to deal with customers in difficult situations. The management is great, they always work with me and let me work whenever I'm free from my other job. Speedway does not have any difficult task. I enjoy working here because of the regular customers that enjoy talking with me.
CSR-Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hubbard, OHApril 3, 2015
Great place to work while attending school, seeing as how they offer tuition reimbursment. Also, once achieveing full time status, the benefits offered are decent. I would never suggest anyone to make any kind of career out of a company ran like speedway, but it is a decent job to pay the bills while working towards something bigger and better
A sad place to work
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Burbank, ILApril 2, 2015
Pros: Job security, Compensation
Cons: You need to have a bachelor degree to advance to upper management
District is too small, everyone know each other which cause a lot of internal. Less corporate visits would make more comfortable to work there.
Fun work places
Sale associate/Baker (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 2, 2015
I love my managers and employees they all help one another everyone work as a team.

I learned that sometimes you to go over in beyond to satisfy the customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Speedway, LLC.

Speedway is committed to attracting the best people by offering competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, a diverse work environment, – Read more

Speedway, LLC. Photos