Speedway, LLC.

Speedway, LLC. Employer Reviews

Cool place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burton, MIMarch 31, 2015
Work was pretty cool if you can handle rude customers and extreme multi-tasking. Co-workers at my store were pretty friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job is trying to maintain a line of customers as well as do daily tasks that must be completed. Easiest part is making the coffee.
speedway is a large company that cannot keep employees very long
Shift Lead/Co-Manager (Former Employee), Delaware, OHMarch 31, 2015
Pros: easy to get a job with in a hurry
Cons: never having enough staffing
dsr work, gas surveys, stocking, cleaning, over seeing other employees, order stock, dealing with vendors, low pay, long hours
Very detail oriented selling culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Fun interaction with customers
Cons: mystery shop challenges
Ran daily operations of store along with manager and stocked inventory, ran register, sold contest products, interacted with vendors, filled coolers, assisted in hot food program, adhered to policies for outdated food and replenished inventory as needed.
Typically fast paced and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Warren, MIMarch 29, 2015
I would start work immediately after walking in the door, it was a very enjoyable job, very fast paced which I liked. The days never seemed to drag on.
Okay Job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Holland, MIMarch 27, 2015
Your day consists of standing at a register, mopping and sweeping, cleaning counters, restocking food and drinks and cleaning bathrooms. You have to be fast paced and learn tricks really quick. Management wasn't the greatest, hours were less than 20 a week, but working with the other employees was fun. Hardest part was trying to get more hours during the week. But you always have fun with the employees.
Good Employer
Shift Lead Manager, I (Former Employee), Dover ohioMarch 26, 2015
Speedway is a safe work environment. good for people wanting to work in Retail. I am just trying to find somewhere I can advance and become something.
fun place to meet new people
Stock person (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 26, 2015
Pros: no pros at all
Cons: none
Its a good place to work fast pace, just standing on your feet all day, I have learned how to work the lottery machine and how to apply the money to the right pump for the gas, my co-worker was really cool to be around I never had a bad day,
Busy but Fun Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Lansing, MICHIGANMarch 26, 2015
Cashier, typical 8 to 10 hour shifts. I had multiple duties on this job. I enjoyed being busy all the time. My favorite part of this job was being around the public all the time and meeting people.
A terrible company
LPP (Former Employee), MichiganMarch 25, 2015
The day is packed with many things to do but no time or staff to do them which is understandable however its ridiculous that they rate your performance on a scale without looking at other factors.
Something new everyday at work
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Westlake, OHMarch 25, 2015
Pros: The opporunity for advancement
Cons: Being moved from store to store and missing the staff due to being relocated as needed
I was responsible for the store operations during my shift, including overseeing 1-2 employees at that time. I had to ensure store items were stocked, hot & cold food items available for purchase were stocked and at correct temperatures. I had to designate tasks for my employees to complete prior to end of shifts. Daily tasks were completed, as well as inventory counted for ordering.

The management staff I worked with at every Speedway store I was at were all amazing, I was hired in as a Shift Manager, and I worked at 3 different Speedway locations and all 3 Store Managers I worked with all helped teach me everything I needed to know to advance in the company.

The most enjoyable part of the day was stocking everything and counting everything, I was very particular in the way the store was displayed to the customers becasue it was a reflection on myself. I wanted every customer who came in the think my store was one of the best they were ever in, and most were satisfied with the appearance and items available for purchase,
Sparatic work environment with unstable hours.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Location Convientent
Cons: Limited Hours, No room for advancement.
I was a part-time employee so I didn't have a set schedule. I learned how to conduct cash, check, money order, debit and credit card transactions. My co-workes were probably the best thing about the job. It was a pretty simple job.
hard working in a fast enviorment
Cashier (Former Employee), Oak Lawn, ILMarch 23, 2015
Pros: 20 min breaks
Cons: nothing
a typical day at work was like a day at the zoo.
ive learn lots of detail things in store management
my co-workers were always happy and ready to work
the most enjoyable part about the job was learning and gaining the experience.
Fast paced work environment
Shift Lead Manager (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHMarch 22, 2015
Pros: customer service, involved
Cons: management, inspections
I was in management at this location, so work/life balance was not as great as it could have been. We were short staffed and had been for awhile. When the store was fully staffed, the work/life balance was what should be expected. I highly enjoyed the customer service part of this position. It was what I loved most about my job. The compensation was great for the work being performed. I was made to feel more like a person than a number.
Fast paced and easy
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMarch 20, 2015
• Cash Register
• Twice a week ordering of supplies and stock
• Received and put away twice a week stock shipments
• Organized in store sales contest
• Breakfast and lunch food preparation
Field Operations
Loss Prevention Analyst (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJMarch 20, 2015
Pros: exciting career.
Cons: long hours
Monitor and assist regional chain of convenient stores. Investigate and assist with, but not limited to, sites with business day cash variance issues, maintain a steady fuel tolerance, perform both announced and unannounced site visits. Pulling special reports and performing site audits investigating any merchandise general loss issues. Assist site GM in program updates.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Akron, OHMarch 19, 2015
Pros: steady schedule
Cons: no breaks
-Clocked In; Broke Down Equipment; Cleaned Equipment; Cleaned All Visible & Non-Visible Surfaces; Setup Equipment; Swept/Mopped/Organized Entire Store & Backroom; Cleaned Bathrooms; Front-Faced/Leveled/Stocked All Merchandise; Cooked; Made Coffee For The Morning Crew; Rang Customers Out While Completing All Tasks; Put Away Truck (Merchandise Delivered) On Designated Days.
-I learned how to find a comfortable routine to complete my work and how to lead a group and train all new associates.
-Everyone has their own personality but it's important to find a healthy balance of work and personal life with yourself and with your coworkers and to understand how to function on a professional level with the people around you.
-The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the hard work pay off at the end of the day and receiving bonuses and compensation for working so hard.
Great company
shift lead (Current Employee), Milford, OHMarch 19, 2015
Great company, not a lot of disadvantages besides not being able to stay at the store you trained at, but it is an ethical issue, other than that no isses.
Fun place to work loved the customers, my staff and my vendors.
Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2015
Pros: same as above
Cons: not enough positive praise.
Very good place to work and lots of room for advancement. Most of the other managers were very helpful. I learned to work with a team and ask for other peoples opinion. My boss was very helpful and understanding. My co-workers were the best along with my customers. The customers were the best part of the job.
I think that Speedway LLC is a pretty good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Bloomington, INMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great benefits packages.
Cons: rude people.
A typical day at work included waiting on customers, cleaning, and stocking. Working overnight like I did, I had to get the store ready for our busy mornings. Working at Speedway greatly enhanced my people skills. The store and the district management were great. However, anybody above district management tended to be somewhat arrogant. I thought most of my co-workers were great. If ever given the chance, I would like to work with many of them again. The hardest part of the job, or at least my last three and a half years of working there was trying to start my day at 10 or 11 o'clock at night. The most enjoyable part of the job I thought was satisfying peoples needs to the fullest I could.
Has been a great place to work for the most part.
Senior District Manager (Current Employee), Enon, OHMarch 15, 2015
Has been a great place to work for the most part. Recent changes with the company have created an unhappy workplace. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to develop employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Speedway, LLC.

Speedway is committed to attracting the best people by offering competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, a diverse work environment, – Read more

Speedway, LLC. Photos