Speedway, LLC. Employee Reviews

Found 1,200 reviews matching the search
Balancing work and life made easy.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 6, 2016
Customer service was my number one priority while also handling multiple other responsibilities. My attention to detail experience grew along with attention to detail.
productive company with oppotunities to climb up the ladder
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJFebruary 5, 2016
This company is a great company very professional and under great management. The employers and employees all communicate very well and we all conduct ourselves in a professional manner at all times. however because of our excellent communication and respect for one another our work environment has become one that exudes a family oriented base.
Pros
great staff and customer service
Cons
no breaks very busy
Would not recomend long term
Customer Service Representative/Food Rep (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 4, 2016
This place is a good first job if you need a job fresh out of High school. I do not recommend it to anybody because i did not enjoy it for my job . They refused to switch my shift when I felt unsafe because i was the only one on third shift and women were getting kidnapped.
Productive and fast passed work place
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoy my job at Speedway very much. I get to meet new people everyday plus have some regulars. I love the fast passed environment, and the energetic work crew. I get along so well with the other co-workers. Im a very friendly outgoing co-worker. The hardest thing to deal with there is rude customers, I just smile and say have a nice day.
Pros
Have axcess to food or drinks whenever I may need them.
Cons
No breaks
I like the people i worked with and the customers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 4, 2016
I liked working with the crew.and my customers , it was nice to work close to home the hardest part was some people wanted to steal and we could do nothing but watch and tell the manger
Pros
nothing free unless you use your reward card but becareful that you only get your reward coupons, if you get anyone elses and you work there they will let you go .with out a second chance.
Cons
no breaks
Poor Execution
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Poor work/life balance, continually short staffed, DM and SM create unrealistic work atmosphere and pass the buck on responsibility and accountability. Communication is lacking and concerns are met with a nod of the head and no real response. Recruiters and DM are not truthful about pay scales and expectations. Save yourself the stress and agony of working here.
fun working enviroment
Speedway carwash (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXFebruary 2, 2016
met a lot of people that introduce me to texas only thing we couldnt work on raining days. learned the importance of keeping a clean car. management was great and really didnt have a hard day at this job.
Credit Services Dept
Credit Agent (Former Employee) –  Enon, OHFebruary 2, 2016
I really enjoyed my job here.
I would take inbound calls from credit customers.
I would make changes on account. Take payments, make transfers.
Assist customers in anyway possible.
way to much for 1 person to do
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 1, 2016
Way to much for 1 person to do. You don't have enough time to do the regular store functions and do suggestive sales at the same time
Pros
interesting customers
Cons
they offer no employee discounts
Enjoy working with some of my co workers
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 31, 2016
I was able to apply some experience of customer service and running a cash register. I also enjoyed working with some of my co workers.

Want to know more about Speedway, LLC.?

Ask a question
Not a hard job at all.
Co-Manager, Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoy working at speedway, the job is not at all hard. I do not like all of the company policies and politics that we have to deal with.
it is a nice place to work for just understaffed and the quality of the workers isn't very good
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day at work consists of cleaning and stocking shelves with product and making sure that there is always food in the cooker. I have to count cigarettes and the rest of our inventory daily. I have to cook food on a daily basis and relay tasks to my other employees to make sure that they are staying busy and not sitting around. I have to discipline people when they aren't doing quality work. Management is really good on the store level but past that I don't have many good things to say about them but I will not talk bad about them. The hardest part of the job is when the first shift doesn't get anything done and I have to play catch up and get my work done on top of the work that they have to get done even though I do get all of it done most of the time. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with all the people I love working with the public because I have always worked in a face to face customer service job.
Pros
company advacement is availabity is great and the fact that they offer health care
Cons
poor quailty workers
Get to meet lots of people
Assc. Manager (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 26, 2016
If you like working with and around people all the time then this is the job for you. Show lots of interest and a friendly smile and you will go far.
Demanding place to work
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at Speedway was always busy, I learned alot more patience with people in general. The managers were the best. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of that job was trying to juggle multiples of customers at one time. I enjoyed my co-workers the most
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
no breaks, had to buy everything like a regular customer
fun and productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 24, 2016
this was a great place to work and everything I did helped contribute to the company in a positive way and I wish I was still there because it was a great place to work
N/a
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJanuary 24, 2016
Don't work here they don't care much about their employees. They don't care about the well being of their employees. There were some goods things that come from this job but not much.
hard working
Assistant manager and Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 23, 2016
7am open store, turn al the power on wash my hands prepare the food and coffee for the morning rush, Open two registers, Do paper work if there is any to do, count down the safe, By that time all of my morning customers are arriving for morning coffee and gas, I do these things repeatedly through out the day to ensure that the store was keep at an good standards At 3pm I clock out and go home after making sure I count the safe down . I Developed love for computers working for speedway I had to make sure I kept up with a lot of emails I also was trained on how to do payroll so that became part of my job also. Management at speedway is great any questions we needed answered or anything we needed done it was nothing they would stop at to ensure that they could make your job easier. The hardest part of working at speedway was the customers sometimes I sometimes felt unsafe at night. The most enjoyable part of working at speedway was waking up in the morning and doing what I love to do serving the community.
Pros
If I was hungry I could by my food from speedway
Cons
dealing with rude customers
Dont expect too much
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 23, 2016
Its a decent job with decent pay but I would not consider making a career out of it. Good place to work if your in between jobs or trying to go to school.
Cons
no breaks
A good work environment
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 22, 2016
Speedway was a good short term job. I was a Sale Associate Running the Cash register, for gas and in store sales. Stocking store and cleaning it.
Pros
A good work enviroment
Cons
Short term work place
Customer service at its best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and networking. I learned duties such as proper fueling procedures, trouble shooting equipment malfunctions, and providing the best customer service to consumers and the community.