Speedway, LLC.

Speedway, LLC. United States Employee Reviews

A job and a company that has so much potential but falls short due to lack of structure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 19, 2015
Pros: easy, nice management
Cons: shifts all over the place, inconsistent training, employee's that do not follow company police
I worked for speedway for about three days. I did not leave because I hated the job. I left because I got another job offer that suited my needs better. Let me start at the top. I applied online. I got a call from their recruitment center asking me to come in for an interview. I applied for the position of full time Shift Supervisor. After the interview I was offered the position of part time customer service representative. After thinking about it I explained to them that taking a part time job with a schedule that could have me work early morning, afternoon, evening and overnight would make it difficult almost impossible to find another part time job without a consistent schedule. They turned around and offered me the customer service position with full time hours and benefits. I took the offer. I started at the store and on the first day the manager could not get me to log into their training websites to watch their videos. After calling help desk we all eventually found out that it was a processing error that would take at least 24 hours to solve. Try again the following morning. The store manager was about to send me home. Another manager suggested that they could take me around the store and show me around the store and have me help in some area's. I did that. It was fine. The manager who took me around was great. Nice and very helpful. As was the store manager. Second day I finally started training videos. I took a break from training to go up front and see how things worked out. I shadowed another employee. As I followed this employee they did everything wrong or the – more... opposite of the training. The managers were either totally not aware or did not care. I felt like I was in danger by shadowing this employee of getting in trouble for their mistakes. In order to do things the correct way I had to be trained physically as well as watching the videos.
Each day a different manager was there, who did not actually work at that store who was just filling in. Each one of those managers was in the dark as to what I was supposed to do next to train. Each one did things totally different. Most not following what the training videos said. Day three I came in and the store manager was not even there. She was making a run to another store to pick up something she needed. The manager who was there at the time was not sure what videos I was supposed to watch but got me to the videos and I picked one to watch. My store manager came back, then had to leave again because she needed something from yet another store. Then when she finally came back we went in and reorganized the cooler. That went fine. No big deal there. Then I went up and started running register. The register itself was easy but the things like cigarettes and beer can be challenging. You also have the lotto machine. That can be very confusing. I might recommend making a training video that shows you step by step how to use the lotto machines and even registers. Making different videos for stores that have different systems. I kept getting asked to do other things away from the register as I was trying to train on the register so it was hard for me to train. When I left I had the voicemail with the other job offer and took that offer. I did offer to continue to work out my two weeks at speedway but was told not to. In the end I felt like I was in danger of getting in trouble because some of the people that trained me, trained opposite of the videos and opposite of what the store manager said. The store manager was incredible she should really get more credit, a raise, something. She busts her butt. thank you speedway for the opportunity. I would say if speedway offers you a good job with a decent pay take it. Otherwise their regular employee's get paid minimum wage. Not enough to survive on. – less
productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 19, 2015
Pros: great team work
Cons: short breaks
Help customers with things they are looking for, I've learned how to be a very helpful person. The management is great and very friendly, my co-workers were fun and helpful. The hardest part was the long hours and the most enjoyable part was putting a smile on customers faces.
Productive and changing work enviornment
Manager (Current Employee), Tipton, INApril 19, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling, paid vacation, bonus potential, advancement opportunities
Cons: lack of breaks, ever-changing goals and requirements
Fast paced work environment with times of decreased sales and business changing day to day determined by our customers schedules.
Managers work well together to see that we are meeting the needs of our customers as well as our employees.
awesome co workers and pretty simple work
Customer Service Rep. & Cafe (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 18, 2015
Pros: friendly co workers, easy work, decent break time
Cons: healthcare to expensive, no vacation for part timers, people always being late
everyone helped each other out if i worked short handed i know someone would step in. If i had a question i could ask it. My typical day depedned on which side i worked on if i was in cafe i knew id be working alone and i had a time for everything i wanted done. If i was a cashier i worked with 2 other people and id probably be the one to knock out most of the cleaning.
Very Busy. Must be on your A game.
Co-Manager Trainee. (Current Employee), Lore City, OHApril 17, 2015
Pros: I have great benefits
Cons: I can not work second shifts
Our store is very busy. we work off of an ECC worksheet that details certain areas of the store that needs to be addressed and viewed from a customer. I count cigs and lottery. I make sure that CSR are assigned to their positions and what the daily goals are for the day. I enjoy my customers every day. I keep the store organized and cleaned.
Fun workplace with amazing co-workers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Clendenin, WVApril 16, 2015
An average day at work there would consist of, opening your till, counting your stock, and cleaning. The management there was amazing. The hardest part of the job would be the drive offs. People would get caught up in the busy times during the day, and not pay attention to the gas pumps.
fun fast pace place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 16, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: sometimes no breaks
Speedway was a fun place to work and meet new people and make new friends. It at times was a very fast pace place to work and either you kept up or you got lost, I kept up for 7 years.
Multi-tasking is a must have for this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kendallville, INApril 16, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: pay, hours
Multi tasking is must in this job. Have to pay attention to the outside as well as the inside of the building. Have to have cash handling experience to thrive with this employer.
Fast paced, rush work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIApril 15, 2015
Pros: Always picked up extra hours.
Cons: Snotty managers, Stress isn't worth the pay, Too rushed in daily tasks
Working at Speedway entails knowing how to run a point of sales system, changing BIBS and receipt paper; cleaning gas pumps, changing outside garbage, sweeping the parking lot. As a CSR, you'd also make food if needed, sweep and mop the inside floors; clean bathrooms, stock, front, and face coolers, shelves, and cigarettes. Lotto sales are big.
great work enviroment with great staff
Cashier (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 15, 2015
Pros: great pay, work conditions, great staff
Cons: short breaks
its a great work enviroment and had fun co workers and a even better manager staff just all around great place to work i loved every bit of it even the customers where great
Good Staff
Store Clerk, Assist Public, Stock cooler (Former Employee), Bolivar, OHApril 15, 2015
Enjoyed working for my supervisor. She pushed us to do our best in a professional manner. This was a job right out of High School for me.
productive and fun work place
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 14, 2015
Pros: customer interaction
Cons: no scheduled breaks
I loved the advancement opportunities. Loved the csrs I was able to work with. I had one of the best store mgrs. there was for speedway.
Growing company
District Manager (Current Employee), Reading, PAApril 13, 2015
Since aquiring Hess Express, Speedway will now span from the midwest to the east coast, making them the second largest convenience store retailer. Their quick growth will create many opportunities within the company, but the company may struggle to create brand recognition along the east coast.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 12, 2015
Pros: Co-workers and benefits
Cons: The district manager at the time
My typical day was running the cash register and cafe area.I learned how to do gas changes,run the check machine and run the lottery.I also learned how to check in vendors.The management was good except for upper they were also very strict and only concerned about sales sales sales.The hardest part of the job was nothing customers.The most enjoyable was everything.My co-workers were awsome
Starter Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Joliet, ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: Talking with the customers
Cons: small stores
If youn young looking for a nice starter Job this isnt a bad place to look. Or if you just need a part time job to make some extra cash. But they dont offer full time to many people so it will never be a career unless you really want it to be.
Friendly fast service.
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: Speedway rewards points and free drinks
A typical day for us was starting the shift off with the smell of fresh coffee and smiles. My co-workers and I learned a lot from each other, like how to communicate and be dependable.
Management was great, strict to a paint but fun too. A perfect balance. My co-workers were also balanced, high energy but focused and keen. Hardest part, cleaning the restrooms, it can be a very dirty business. Most enjoyable I would have to say was the more consistent scheduling and great upper management.
It was a clean work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Margate, FLApril 8, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: No breaks
There are some cons no one gets a break so if you work the 9 hr shift you don't get a break. They don't allow you to go for any type of break even if you don't have any customers.
Fun and energetic place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Perrysburg, OHApril 7, 2015
Cons: No free drinks or food.
I really enjoy working for Speedway. I like the work, the atmosphere, and the people I work with. The environment is not too rigid, the management is friendly and helpful. The customers are usually very nice and problems are easily solved. My co-workers are very nice and cooperative and we get along well as a team.
Poor management with no communication skills or care for employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Berrien Springs, MIApril 6, 2015
Pros: Close to home, fast work pace, very methodical
Cons: Poor management, poor communication skills, poor treatment
Management was very contradictory and violated policy a lot. Our team had zero teamwork and no communication skills; management would never communicate key issues or changes with the team and information was delivered late and second-hand. Pay was not correct for assumed risk of overnight responsibilities and all store tasks were left up to one employee.
I would rate speedway much hire if the management was better
Food Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2015
Pros: fast pace work
Cons: no overtime
Speedway was my ideal job for a long period of time. although, management was rude most of the time, and co-workers didn't follow basic instructions. I was very interested in moving up in the company, the pay rate wasn't enough to provide for my family.

1 2 3 4 5

About Speedway, LLC.

Speedway is committed to attracting the best people by offering competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, a diverse work environment, – Read more

Speedway, LLC. Photos