Speedway, LLC. Employee Reviews

Found 2,277 reviews matching the search
friendly environment, fun customers, great atmosphere.
Speedway (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 8, 2017
In the beggining things can be very hard, there is only so much you can do until you gain more experience the managers expect you to catch on very fast, and you have to if you want hours, the better you are the more hours you get, it can get very boring on long shifts standing at the register all day, but the more learn the more you get to move around, the benift is you get paid every week so hard work is expected.
Productive and respectful workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAJanuary 7, 2017
A typical day at work could be very hectic, but we had all the tools and employees to get the job done. We had a to complete a ECE sheet which consisted of all the tasks that needed to be completed for our shift, so our shift was set up, and future shifts. I had learned time-management, people skills, and different procedures that had to be followed for the specific company policies. The management was tremendous, and helped us strive to become better daily. My co-workers offered a fun environment, while still at work. The hardest part of my job was the busyness of the store, it was a fast paced environment, that I strive in. The best part of my job was being able to interact with different people, and the management that was consistent.
Pros
Breaks throughout the shift
Cons
No employee discount
A few bad areas but overall very much enjoyed my employment there.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pierceton, INJanuary 6, 2017
There were good days and bad days, alot of the time it was disorganized, and pretty hectic. The customers would often make me feel uncomfortable but my management usually intervened. I enjoyed working with my other team members.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, dedicated management
Cons
Short breaks, disorganized
A hard job that can be rewarding
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 6, 2017
Working for speedway can be stressful and difficult at times. It can often put you in uncomfortable positions. However, there is lots of room for advancement within the company. They reward hard working individuals and those looking to pick up hours always get them. The hardest part of the job can sometimes be the customers. Sometimes they can be downright nasty to us. But at the same time they can be the most enjoyable part.
Cons
No breaks
miscommunications from the beginning
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJanuary 6, 2017
I was happy to get hired at speedway at first. There were red flags from the beginning, but I tried to get past them. During orientation, I let them know I had a 1st shift job, that is also on the application. That was disregarded. My first check was missing my st address.. Which I provided..when I let them photocopy license...they forgot I was coming in to train(this was the manager)...another day I came in to train..noone guided me I had to take initiative to get trained. I sat in the office watching videos for 2 hours.no one checked on me or anything. This was very uncomfortable.. Since I was practically brand new. I felt discriminated against. Proper protocal to file a complaint is to contact the manager..well there are none on 3rd shift..so I called her ..in tears to explain how I felt..she began to say "I told you this shift would be tough " Then says the person to train me is new also...and she tells me "They never told me you had another job". ...wow speedway this is how you treat your employees? Terrible. Further action is being taken by me.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
management, training program, underpaid for all the work you will do, and discriminatory
Laid back workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAJanuary 4, 2017
I have learned a lot from Speedway, I worked on my customer service skills, time management, and making sure I did my job efficiently. A typical day at work would include ringing people out on register, completing all of my ECE tasks, before the end of my shift. The ECE sheet was a reference to us, so we knew the different tasks that we had to do before the end of out shift. Those tasks include cleaning, restocking, ensuring the store was always customer ready, and for the next shifts.
This Speedway was under way of new management, and some of the store policies changed. We were running more swiftly, and working together as a team. The hardest part of the job was the area Speedway was in, and some of the people that we encountered. The most rewarding part of working at Speedway was the people I worked with, because we all worked together for one purpose.
Pros
short breaks throughout the day
Cons
There wasn't any meal discounts, and I did not recieve any benefits.
Not a good time
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 4, 2017
Had the worst time as a co manager. I was moved around store to store. I felt some of the managers I worked with are lazy and it made my job extremely difficult.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
No work life balance
people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJanuary 4, 2017
I liked working here because working as cashier offered me a chance to meet quite a few people that were interesting. However there were certain things i didnt like were my coworkers not wanting to cover for me or the fact that you must clean in between customers which can be really challenging
Pros
people
Cons
cleaning between customers
Senior Sales Clerk
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2017
I worked graveyard shift which consists of, lots of cleaning and stocking shelves. Step up to Senior clerk which put me in the morning shift in which was a busier with customers than cooler and cleaning which was minimal.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
worked weekend
Great company, lots of room for advancement.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIJanuary 1, 2017
A typical day at work: No such thing as a typical day. Too many variables.

What I learned: how to do payroll, schedules for a 24/7 operation, and inventory.

Management: nice to work for.

Co-workers: loved being part of the team.

The hardest part of my job: my schedule.

The most enjoyable part of my job: my team and my customers.
Pros
My team and my customers.
Cons
My schedule, long hours, and long drive from my house.
very good job and great customer service experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJanuary 1, 2017
Working at speedway was a great experience, you constantly stay busy, making coffee sweeping, moping , stocking shelves and coolers , checking the food, and just making customers happy.
Any 3 star or higher review should be suspect....
Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkDecember 31, 2016
The companies culture is terrible. They create an atmosphere of constant tension with micromanaging and impossible to aceive goals because to them employees are disposable. They want all part time workers and expect management to force them to complete a myriad of tasks while working alone. Violations of company policy are enforced only when it suits upper management i.e. they plan on firing or demoting someone. The department of labor needs to investigate them just due to the amount of turnover they produce and the bullying haphazard way they have DMs and RMs run their fiefdoms. Your performance is based on a combination of factors you have little direct control over and performance indicators that are always being raised above your head. Their ECE ..now known as Speedway standards is an overly complicsted and impossible to complete list of tasks designed to provide them with convienient excuses for write ups and firing if you arent the latest miracle child or you simply have a struggling location. Blame the clerks. blame the management. god forbid you blame your awful customer relations on the .set up for failure. system in place. They will tell you the list is there to make the customer experience better but in reality clerks and management desperate to keep their jobs will ignore customers to make sure the counter is spotles before the DM arrives by suprise or you have a Standards Inspection. All this this company seeks to do is use people.burn them out. and toss them aside. Anyone who has climbed up in the company has left a trail of broken subordinates behind them to  more... attain that position and will happily destroy more people to show they are doing their jobs and move up further. Expect no work and home balance no stress fre days and pleny of time wishing you had picked another company to work for. All their happy talk and smiling is a front until you no longer are their perfect tool. Then the rules are conviniently enforced until you are beaten into submission again.quit. or they create enough...yes I said create...false paper trails propped up with said convieniently enforced policies and terminate someone.  less
Pros
Customers
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIDecember 30, 2016
I loved my managers. They were like family. The regular customers arr great. I would love to work for speedway with a better opportunity. They are a great corporation.
good company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHDecember 30, 2016
i loved working here always meeting new people, i learned that a lot of people are not you average jo. managment was good the boss could have used more people skills doesnt talk much no hard part too this job i would work there again
Didnt like
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 29, 2016
I did not like this job. The management was a joke and they really didn't seem to care about their employees or their patients. This was not a great place to work and I would not recommend it.
Costumer service
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 28, 2016
speedway is a fast pace environment job and a very demanding place for our costumer i have learned that without costumers there is no business and any type of advancement or grow. My co workers are great and with time they have become assets for our day to day operations.The only hard part of my job is not having a work life balance do to staffing issues and the 50 to 70 hrs worked a week;Although it makes my day when me and my staff get on our end of the day and we know that our costumers and company are happy with our work well done.
Its a good second job
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 28, 2016
Speedway will work with your primary jobs hours very well. The downside is the pay is not that great. The job is simple and as long as you do your job being let go of is next to impossible.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
pay
low pay lots of work
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY 40505December 27, 2016
hard to balance a life at home while working here as a manager. always needs someone to come in in days off. cant get employees to last very long so it makes getting a regular running store very difficult. Plus the company has so many rules that even if it was a mistake corporate will call the manage and have them fire them employee with out the manager consideration.
It's a gas station
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHDecember 25, 2016
What else can be said? It's a gas station. I liked the management, quite a bit. The job was easy even for a minimum wage job, but I was only there for a short time, as it was a stepping stone while I looked for something better.
Pros
Easy, met lots of local people
Cons
Minimum wage, met lots of local people
Not horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILDecember 23, 2016
Was a nice temporary job part time. Needed some extra cash and it was perfect at the time. Easy job, never felt over worked. Very clean store with friendly customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedway, LLC.. Our community is ready to answer.