Speedway, LLC. Employee Reviews

Found 1,199 reviews matching the search
Just a Job with Benefits
General Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 3, 2015
The job:
Mandatory (and enforced) 10 hours per day schedule, 5 days a week. In before 7am, leave by 5pm. No formal lunch break (eat when you can, as fast as you can). Managers are to be on call 24/7.

Benefits:
2 weeks of vacation. Sick time, no personal days. 401k. Medical, dental, vision. Overall, benefits are really good. Pay, not so much.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Abusive culture
Loved the people i worked with besides store manager
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 2, 2015
Store manager was very rude and unpleasant to work with and for, benefits were also not very good. the other employees i worked with was a blast and fun.
Pros
discounts on product
Cons
boss was unpleasant
Lots of interesting people!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Carrollton City, OHNovember 2, 2015
You get to meet all kinds of people. The staff is usually pretty small so its tight knit. Customers and coworkers can become like family.
fast pace
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  West Union, OHOctober 27, 2015
the job was rewarding and fast paced. The management team was very helpful and would support you all they could for you to succeed and advance in your career.
Pros
advencement
Cons
traveling from store to store off company time.
Made good money for being both Manager and Co-manager but not worth the stress
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New Baltimore, MIOctober 23, 2015
The money was good and so were the benefits which is why I stayed for so long. You also have the chance to move quickly throughout the ranks until you become a store manager. There are other opportunities but limited unless you relocate. High turnover, high demands for CSR positions with only minimum wage and believe it or not you take A LOT of abuse from customers.
Pros
Good money and benefits and company gives you a lot of training
Cons
High turnover, companies goals/demands are unreasonable, Too much stress for the job.
Job Security and Great Advancement
General Manager/Training General Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 22, 2015
Great company to grow with. Can start at part-time CSR and make it General Manager in 3 years if you have the drive and dedication.

Plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement
Not for me
CSR (Former Employee) –  Oscoda, MIOctober 21, 2015
I appreciated the idea of this job. You are able to work with the public and keep moving. I did not like how scheduling was handled and how the schedule always jumped around.. closing one night..opening the next day.
Speedway is a company with a lot of growth potential
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 20, 2015
Speedway is a great place to work with a huge potential to move up the ladder. The benefits are great and include a matching 401k and retirement plan.
Fast Paced Productive agency
Assistant Manager/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 20, 2015
Very fast paced and high producing company where managers and staff ensured that all customers were taken care of in a timely and efficient manner.
Great job for individuals with great people skills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 19, 2015
I believe that the company expects a lot of their employees but is not willing to pay them accordingly. Management is great and works around school and family.
Pros
Double time for working major holidays
Cons
No real breaks
Great company to work for. Not much negative to say.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 18, 2015
Speedway is a great company to work for, who really tries to take care of their employees. At the store level we can get our work done, but still have time to share some laughs and really connect with co-workers. It is more of a "family" environment. Despite being a large company, most of our store employees know other store employees throughout the area. Management is always available to help, day or night.
The hardest part of working for Speedway, or really any 24 hour gas station, is the reliability of employees. If someone, especially a 3rd shifter, calls in or no call no shows it can be very hard to find someone who will/can cover the shift. In which case I-the manager-would have to come in and do so.
Pros
Great "family" environment, upper management always available if help is needed
Cons
Pay is a bit low store level, especially for non-management
They overwork their employees, and they need more than one person to be th cashier and unoading the truck at the same time
Closing cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaumont Center, Lexington, KY 40503October 17, 2015
I liked working at Speedway, but we were always understaffed to wait on customers and clean the self serve area and stock. The reason I gave my two week notice was because they worked me 8 days straight 10;00 pm., 6:00 am., unloading 4 trucks by my self and really did not care accept and I had to stay later mornings to make sure all the cold and frozen inventory was put away correctly and dated correctly.
Pros
I worked alone and at my own pace to get everything done by 6:00 am
Cons
Having only one person unloading, putting truck up, and waiting on customers, not to mention stocking for the morning rush.
Productive place to work
CSR (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 16, 2015
I love working here and I've learned so much in the year I've been here. All of my managers are super supportive and they've been the most enjoyable part of my job thus far.
An adequate place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Haslett, MIOctober 16, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Decent pay and great full time benefits. Bonuses are nice and a weekly paycheck. Pretty simple job and hard work gets rewarded. However communication needs a lot of work. There is a lack of communication between shifts and managers. I have had complaints and issues ignored. This can be a problem but overall it is a nice place to work.
Pros
Paid Weekly, Bonuses, Great Benefits, Paid Vacation
Cons
Communication is lacking
Too low paying
cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge City, INOctober 16, 2015
It was a good job, just wasnt enough money to live on so i had to leave and find a job with better money and benefits. you would clean floors, be cashier stock selves and sometimes fix gas pumps when they were out.
Very Busy Fast Paced Environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHOctober 14, 2015
Fast paced environment, always something to be done. A lot of turnover however, and individual work load is a bit much most of the time. Communication within management could definitely improve, along with higher level management being more involved during day one minute one promotional and marketing changes. Performance of pumps and inside machines should be maintained better, in the event of busy times, which is basically all the time
Pros
Awesome customers, decent bonuses, and nice incentives
Cons
Short breaks, lack of communication, and improper training from upper management
Stress ALL DAY
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 13, 2015
Rushing to get 135 task completed on per shift on the ECE sheet. As well as payroll, scheduling, training, customer engagement etc
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Money is not worth the stress level
A place that cares.
Co-Manager/Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 12, 2015
This is a company that wants all employees to succeed! They go above and beyond by giving every employee a bonus monthly.
Pros
People
Cons
Long days and working every weekend.
fun place with great people and one heck of a manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 12, 2015
i loved working here. my boss was the best boss ive ever had. shes worked some crazy shifts and long hours but she did what she had to do to make her employees happy. everyone was so nice and helped me out so much as i did for them when i could in return.
Pros
we were all a family
Cons
the amount of work some of the people did
A lot to do with no break
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 11, 2015
I enjoyed working with my speedway members, but I felt the breakdown of responsibilities were uneven for all at times. Also you are allowed a break but you have to do the trash and sweep because it only a smoking break.