Speedway, LLC. Employee Reviews

Found 2,362 reviews matching the search
do not work for this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 26, 2017
Employees and management are very competitive and unwelcoming. You don't get payed enough for what they want you to do. They get treated like garbage.
Dedicated Employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Olive Hill, KYJanuary 25, 2017
Absolutely loved working with the public and was never a dull moment while there. It was stressful always having to watch the pumps to make sure there was not drive offs. The Manager and Co-Manager were great people to work with. Learned how to keep my patience and work with the public.
Pros
Fun place to work, Great People
Cons
No hours
loved this job and my co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gap, PAJanuary 25, 2017
the whole store worked as a team felt like family.. i honestly took the job thinking id start applying elsewhere immeaditaly but loved it and wish i could have stayed
Work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJanuary 23, 2017
The people I worked with were great. I loved the weekly pay. There were no breaks or lunches. You were only given a break every two hours if you smoked.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No breaks
Great starter job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 22, 2017
No breaks because there are only 1-2 employees at one time. Great work environment, nice people, great for building customers and employee relationships.
Gas Clerk
Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 21, 2017
A typical day at speed way consist of answering phones, stocking, cleaning bathrooms and making sure that the customers are satisfied with there service. Coming in and having a great attitude is key because you are dealing with customers that could be having a bad day and also customers that can be having a great day too. In addition to that your attitude everyday has to be great too so that the customer continues to come back
Pros
Great Employee's
Cons
horrible company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 20, 2017
never allowed breaks. ever. not even for a 14 hour shift. I refuse to be a slave. most of the customers were great. no employee should be forced to work long hours without a break, no drinks were allowed near the work area regardless of the fact that we talked all day. weren't even allowed meal breaks.
Very poor job compensation and policies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCJanuary 19, 2017
The hardest part of the just would have to be the speedy rewards system. Per week you need to have a minimum percent of transactions with an speedy rewards card. it is extremely hard to meet such percentages. some people done want a card, others forget their card.
Easy Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 19, 2017
Convenience stores are rather easy jobs to learn and be good at. Sell things, clean the floor and bathrooms, make sure no one steals and you're all set.
Productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 18, 2017
its very fast paste you have your regular customers as well as new ones everyday is an adventure never know what your gonna see. overall great job depending on the people that works with you cause they are all a team and everything is done together. hardest part of the job is packed store, long line impatient customers

Want to know more about Speedway, LLC.?

Ask a question
did no t like the jon
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJanuary 17, 2017
Unless you can get along with the manager i had it was a very tough job at first but got settled in nicely. Nice customers and they are very friendly .
Bad management, terrible pay
Assistant Store Manager/ Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 17, 2017
Not enough coverage, lousy pay, and zero chances at advancement. Job is dead end. I was a manager and it was difficult because they never would hire enough help, I had zero work/life balance.
Pros
coworkers and customers
Cons
pay
Fun enviornment
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn, WIJanuary 17, 2017
I loved seeing all different kinds of people every day. I also loved interacting with the vendors that would come into the store. Gas prices were also fun to change.
Pros
Speedy rewards
Cons
Unrealiable employees
impossible to advance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJanuary 16, 2017
worked there part time for a year and was impossible to go for management or even full time as i had demanded it for six months before getting fired and another part time associate was hired
Pros
Cons
will not allow for second job and health care offered is expensive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  44th and easternJanuary 15, 2017
fun and easy, it was a typical work day. Cleaned everything and picked up the slack of the other two shifts. the customers were always nice and friendly.
Pros
customers and friendships
Cons
no breaks and bad pay
Mentoring
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, NYJanuary 15, 2017
Over see the communication of multi level departments to make sure our 10 million a year business delivers excellent guest interaction at all times.
lots of charactures
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rossford, OHJanuary 13, 2017
surveys entering orders banking stocking cleaning waiting on customers receiving deliveries

good coworkers

good management good communication worked well with employees to solve problems and make things easier
Minimum wage job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 13, 2017
While there are certainly worse jobs to have, Speedway was a good place to work. My co-workers were friendly, managers, for the most part, competent and good to work for. However, they don't pay much and, especially when gas prices reached nearly $4 a gallon, customers could be rude, surly and downright mean. You'll have to take a lot of guff from them at times, not to mention people trashing your restroom. Also, Speedway leaves you alone during third shift, fortunately, local police officers made my station a regular stop.
work life balance
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJanuary 11, 2017
My day started at 2:30 am arriving at work at 4 am and leaving no later than 3 pm 5 days a weekand on call 24\7. I have learned alot working there over the years problem solving how to deal with each employee differently and getting to know them and helping them out to the best of my ability. The hardest part of my job was that across the board management didn't keep things fair and as a manager I never felt that I did a good enough job I never felt appreciated as an employee. What made my job amazing was the customers and employees I really made a connection and a bond with people.
Pros
customer and employee connection
Cons
no breaks or lunches
Great atmosphere to work in!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 10, 2017
We have a list of things that we have to do which includes up keep in the store such as making sure there is always fresh food & coffee for the customers! Our customers are our number one priority

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedway, LLC.. Our community is ready to answer.