Speedway LLC Employee Reviews

Its okay
Food Specialist, CSR, Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 21, 2017
Speedway is speedway, advancement is limited. The enviroment varies on the location you are working on. The hours varie and the pay os average at best.
Didnt like the job at all
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 20, 2017
The job doesn't pay well at all and the people there are very immature and rude. I definitely would never recommend anybody at all to work there. But the job was easy
The worst
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHNovember 20, 2017
First of all, at least at my store, they threw me to the wolves. After just 2 days of training on the night shift, I was called in to work the store by myself. I eventually taught myself most of what i needed to know, but I didn't really feel like I had much of a support system, During my last couple of weeks there, we hired a new girl and the cigarette audit started coming up short. Hmm, weird right? Well, they made an example of me. Told met that I wasn't representing Speedway the right way. Worst place to ever work at.
Pros
Smoke breaks, free coffee
Cons
Everything else
Speedway employment review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 20, 2017
Hours level of variance can make financial planning difficult,
training programs are generally thorough and well planned out.
Fast paced but fairly easy to master.
Friendly coworkers, and for the most part well trained management.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome training programs, thourough with their policies
Cons
Incosistent hours, rude customers/ intoxicated customers
Productive busy and hard working day.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 19, 2017
A typical work day is staying busy and being as productive as possible , maintain professional, be friendly with customers and do your best at representing the company.
Pros
Able to connect with customers on a daily basis.
Benefits
quick paced
cashier (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INNovember 19, 2017
fast paced job, kept busy. running register, cash handling, making sandwiches for breakfast an lunch. customer service experience was a must an knowledge of product
fun
co manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 18, 2017
You stand a lot of the time. Get use to eating cold food because the management sucks at every level because it's a bunch of people who hate their life because they work there.
Working with no security of employment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 18, 2017
Even though I'd never been written up for any reason, had been late only a couple of times for work due to car problems, and only missed a few days work due to severe sickness none of this was taken into account when i defended myself from a possible robber by chasing him from the store with a broom. In the past at another store I had been struck by a customer and sent to the ER for stitches. I was working alone on 3rd shift when the guy told me to clear out the register pretending to have a gun. I went on instinct and reacted accordingly. I lost my job for this reason.
Fast paced and fun
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYNovember 18, 2017
The managers are down to earth, helpful, caring, patient, outgoing, LEADERS! If you ask, they will do what they can to help. When there is a rush, they are there right along with you.
When Speedway took over SuperAmerica, everything fell apart.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Belpre, OHNovember 17, 2017
In the beginning, I loved working for SuperAmerica. The job was fun and advancement was available and incouraged by management. I started as a midnight cashier and worked my way up all the way to store manager, but after Speedway took over. It seemed like all long-term employees were rapidly dismissed for one reason or another. It became a very stressful place to work.
Pros
Benefits and pay rate
Cons
Poor management once Speedway took over.
Fun work place
SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 17, 2017
Good job, nice place to work nice people , great job for people that love customer service , very busy gas station, great benefits, management are very nice
too much illegal activity
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NCNovember 16, 2017
head manager is stealing money and food. very stressful environment to try to work legitimately.do not work here. if you want an honest job for honest pay this is not the place.
Cool place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILNovember 16, 2017
Working as a customer service representative you to be strong., especially at a gas station. Sometimes you get those angry customers that would try to break you but you have to remain calm
It was a good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 16, 2017
I had to run registers, clean store and stock selves plus take care of any customers needs. I enjoyed working with my coworkers working as a team. I thimk the hardest part was making sure everything stayed stocked dear the busy hours.
A really tense/stressful first job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MINovember 15, 2017
Training was practically nonexistent, so I made a lot of mistakes while working there. But my coworkers were very informative, so what I did right was because I had them to teach me.
I personally only met the manager about 3-4 times.
I got NO breaks and was working 9 hour shifts.
Its a very good entry/learning job
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  South Vienna, OHNovember 15, 2017
A typical day at work includes checking dates/temperatures of food/making a prep list/finishing a mini to do left from people before you as well as the stores to do list. Cleaning the sales floor/stocking product within the sales floor/making sure there is fresh coffee/cups lids and other things like that are stocked full. Doing your dishes throughout or at the end of the night. Keeping things organized as well as stocked in the coolers so we have everything we need for food rushes.

I learned about making product orders/how to delegate/manage on a day to day/talking to customers/keeping employees happy/compromise where ever needed to make things easy whenever I can.

The management is very good but some times seems a bit double standard. It is something you can work around but you just have to pay attention to the way you do your job and the way others see you do your job. There are very strict ways some managers may view certain things. All in all, the stores I have been in are ran very well but I think they should work on how they treat employees.

The hardest part of the job is time managing. You can be great at being efficient at your job but some times there is too much a couple people can finish. The only thing about that is to make sure everyone knows what you did not finish so whoever comes after you can finish what you haven't.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working hard and watching your hard work pay off. Some times you might not get the credit, but you always get to see the things you do/bend backwards for come back in a good way to benefit people
  more... you work with and the way your team works.  less
Pros
Good teams/mini breaks/pto/day off requests/holiday pay
Cons
N/a
Great
Customer Service Rep & Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2017
Great place to work the environment was awesome the manager was very knowledgeable. There were a lot of opportunities to advance your role in the company
Third shift works alone
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHNovember 15, 2017
Third shift works alone at this company...no matter the area. Its not safe at times. It is slow during this shift so you can clean all the stuff none of the other shifts will do. I had 5 different managers in my year and a half.
Pros
quiet
Cons
too quiet
I really enjoyed my time there.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 15, 2017
I work well with others and enjoyed my time with both employees and even the regulars customers. I did a little bit of everything and found the diversity of tasks to make for a pleasant day at work.
Fast paced environment that allows for advancement if desired but does not allow for family time and understanding of family situations
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 14, 2017
Fast paced environment allows for advancement but does not tolerate family situations. I enjoyed the customer service and the diversity of the employees and customer base.
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedway LLC. Our community is ready to answer.