Speedway LLC Employee Reviews

it was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNOctober 17, 2017
Managers wanted to be your friends rather than bosses. Pay is low and work is high. Always understaffed. Rude customers, rude employees, letting employees steal.
Pros
quiting
Cons
everything else
what you learned
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INOctober 17, 2017
you learn many different skills there, dealing with difficult customers and in the end making them smile, you learn about food sanitation, skills that you will use at a lot of different jobs.
I enjoyed my internship and learned a ton
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 17, 2017
It is your basic convenient store retail. Can be a grind, but I enjoyed the people I worked with. Can really depend on the store location as to whether or not it would be enjoyable to work there.
Wouldn't return
CSR, Safety captain (Former Employee) –  Kawkawlin, MIOctober 16, 2017
Job itself was great management was spotty and horribly inconsistent I was there a year and had four different general managers and seven co-managers at one single store.
Cons
No breaks
Fast-paced work environment with moderate customer activity.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MIOctober 16, 2017
A typical work-shift entailed greeting customers and assisting with their fuel and merchandise needs as expressed by the customers. I learned to balance the needs of the clients and keep the store in good condition with merchandise properly stocked. I enjoyed working with the variety of people and resolving all concerns before exiting from my shift. The managers were exceptional; supportive and helpful.
Pros
Resolving all issues each day.
Cons
Late evening hours.
Its a fun place to work when everyone shows up
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 16, 2017
Lose a lot of employees due to poor wages need to pay their hourly associates more money especially since we expect a lot out of them.
There are no scheduled breaks or lunches you just have to eat in between customers. I think breaks where employees can sit down and have a lunch break is important to be able to get away from everything for a little bit.
Pros
Being able to see all your favorite customers everyday
Cons
No real breaks to speak of
Company
Accounting Control Processor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 15, 2017
They are a growing company. And they seem to care about the areas they are going into. They do give a lot of things to the employees. Such as they give you a half day on Christmas eve.
4 total years with the company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYOctober 15, 2017
Overall I enjoyed my time with Speedway. Unfortunately I was much younger and didn't know enough about how to respond to certain situations. I was demoted because of someone else's actions. After 6 months I had just decided to move one. To this day I wish it could have worked out.
Pros
Too many to count.
Cons
Training could have been better.
Good Starting Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 15, 2017
This was one of my first jobs, one while I worked in college, the flexible shifts were helpful and it was close to my school. The rewards program is annoying because they ask you to push it on customers.
Not an employee focused company
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  NCOctober 15, 2017
They're too focused on certain numbers that shouldn't be a primary concern (like how many candy bars you're selling daily). They do not take care of their employees. The GMs arent consistent from store to store. HR will not contact you back if you have an issue. I've known multiple employees including myself get screwed out of benefits for the first year. Even after guaranteed to be eligible upon hire. Overall, not a great company to work for.
Pros
You have to "try" to get fired
Cons
No discounts, lack of concern for employees, low pay
job is consistent
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 15, 2017
there are hourly daily and weekly tasks to perform. the only enjoyable part is getting to know the regulars. unenjoyable parts are breaking your back for the company and the only break you get is for a cigarette (sorry non smokers) or to take a bite of food in between every customer (but not in front of them, you have to hide it).
Pros
people can be fun to talk to
Cons
no breaks, no discount food or drink
Great work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHOctober 15, 2017
Always making sure things are done and always helping the customers cause they come first making sure everything is stocked clean and ready for when customers come in.
Pros
Being able to leave if u have it
Cons
No breaks but it's not a hard job
Loved this job
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 14, 2017
I loved working here unfortunately the pay was just to low to live on. The manager was wonderful. Training is great. Very hands on. Definitely have to be a people person.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 13, 2017
It's a good job I work there now it's nice I go there take customers keep the area clean because they sell fountain drinks and some customers do spill the drinks so it's always keep your area clean.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
No lunch brake
life as a co manager
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHOctober 13, 2017
typical day is rushing around trying to get everything done from previous shift.

at my particular store we are all close and get along.

hardest part of my job is dealing with employees who do not want to work.

the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new customers and people everyday.
Pros
monthly bonus
Cons
no breaks
Not for the squeamish
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIOctober 13, 2017
Speedway is a gas station/convenience store. National chain and VERY competitive both externally and internally. I don't think I have ever been a part of an environment that was constantly hostile until I went to work for them. While you can bring a positive influence and environment with the customers, you will not change the backstabbing, ladder-climbing, overt and covert hostility of your fellow associates. There is blatant favoritism, unrealistic expectations and negative reinforcement at all times. They do pay relatively well if you are in the management corps, but the confrontations you will be exposed to will leave you with a very negative outlook.
Pros
Fair compensation for management
Cons
Hostile work environment, long hours, unrealistic goals
Fast paced convenience store work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TNOctober 12, 2017
The pay is not the best in the world, and the management can be inconsistent at the best of times and downright inscrutable at the worst of times, but it's easy work.

The people who work there are pretty good folk, and the clientele is varied and interesting that you're never bored.
Pros
Flexible hours, good teamwork.
Cons
Working breaks and lunches, mandatory overtime if staffing is short which means no days off if they are understaffed, Pay is not comparable to other places.
Speedway is a good way to get some money flowing.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 12, 2017
I think as far a jobs like this goes, it isn't a difficult job. It has a great advancement program. There where plenty opportunities for growth, but the management of the company is terrible. Because of the amount of people that are in leadership positions that have no previous leadership skills or the talent to be a leader at all.
Solid Company to Work For
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Enon, OHOctober 11, 2017
You have to work a long time before advancement even if your work product is outstanding. Seniority rules even if your work results are equivalent to theirs.
Pros
Job Security, Benefits are affordable
Cons
No outside breaks except at lunchtime
lean on your internal employees for more opportunities
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHOctober 11, 2017
working several shifts and long hrs ..not enough management staffing to cover managers schedule and not enough internal growth for employees looking for better postions
Pros
customers were great
Cons
no growth opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedway LLC. Our community is ready to answer.