Speedway LLC Employee Reviews

dangerous
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 27, 2017
Speedway customers for the most part were friendly and easy to serve. There were some who were very difficult to serve because they were stealing. The company wouldn't press charges on most persons who were stealing and they should have.
Pros
love most customers
Cons
danger of being robbed.
I enjoyed working with the public
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INNovember 27, 2017
fast paced, had to work every weekend. was shift leader for second shift. Low pay, but I liked the atmosphere and dealing with the public
My manager was good and everyone got along with each other
Pros
great sales people and god food
Cons
work every weekend
I have nothing to say really the company has a great training program if people take jt serious
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wadesboro, NCNovember 27, 2017
You can not make me write a reviews on a company I choose not to this is so crazy the lines be super long especially to use the bathroom and the food is ok
Decent company
Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 26, 2017
Company was fun to work for under the right management. Different customers gave you a variety of interaction as well as having regulars. Knowing what to expect can help but can be boring.
Terrible Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wanatah, INNovember 26, 2017
They dont keep a consistent schedule.
I have worked there since March 2017 and havent worked no more than 35 hours in my time there.
They only pay $8.30/hour.
Can't live off that and I live check to check.
Pros
None that I can think of.
Cons
No breaks and slow at nights.
Nice place to work with good training available.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 26, 2017
Management was nice to work with and co-workers were dependable. A typical day consisted of cashiering and stocking. Morning and early evening rush times were sometimes challenging.
Pros
Weekly schedule. great training.
Cons
Physical at times.
The management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bishopville, SCNovember 25, 2017
The manager i had was always expecting others to do his job which caused a lot of hostility in the workplace and no one took him serious so they ran all over him and no one did their jobs. If you worked hard they took advantage of you and it was hard to be a single mother and work at the same time. schedules went out the day before the work week.
Pros
overtime
Cons
hostility of workplace
main st. is no place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 25, 2017
I don't know about the other speedways but n. main st. is not a place to work. But there are a few people there who are nice to work with but that location will work you like a dog and make it seem like overtime is the only way you will see any type of money. which is true but you will have to fight to get over time because of the one sorry worker they have that the manager will go out for wants it. So if you want hating coworkers and little pay for your good customer service work there.
Pros
always hiring
Cons
no discounts on anything
Bad Management
Senior General Manager (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 24, 2017
The upper management will not back the manager at the store levels there are just huge out to dry. There do not pay the employee for the work that there need to do. And stores do not have the hour to ran
good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 24, 2017
Working at speedway was good, i met a lot of different people working there. pay was good 9.75 a hour every Friday. I got great hours for being part time. only then is working 2nd shift i had to close the store by myself at 12 midnight was very dangerous
Fast pace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHNovember 23, 2017
Day consisting of waiting on customers, stocking shelves and coffee. enjoyed the daily interactions of different individuals. Really enjoyed getting to know the people that came in often
Fast paced
Customer Service Rep/Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  7250 Brookpark RdNovember 23, 2017
The pay wasn't good it was a very busy store. We had good customers but a lot were very rude. Speedway rules was unfair to employees and it can be stressful.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No breaks or lunches
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KentuckyNovember 23, 2017
Long hours, all third shift in a low income neighborhood, dangerous and wouldnt do it again. Management was crooked, and the store was severely understaffed.
the job sucked
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYNovember 22, 2017
i was hardly trained the manager always opened my register before i came into work on the days he was in the store and it lead to my register being short or had too much cash in it by the end of my shift because he was bad handling money. i was left alone for my shifts since day one and i had to call for everything my manager was too lazy to train me in store
Pros
no pros
Cons
no lunch breaks, scheduled to work alone and work more hours than agreed on, the threat of being fired if you asked too much from the manager
Stressful workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHNovember 22, 2017
Stressful environment , little to no breaks . Rude management. Very few work days and hours. Overworked on holidays with holiday pay so that's a plus .
Pros
Discount on gas
Cons
No breaks
Good Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI 48911November 22, 2017
My day at work is fine some times stress full when things don't go well. Some days are real busy with customers but it makes the shift go buy quickly.
Fast paced and growing company.
Human Resources and Recruiting Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 21, 2017
A lot of customer interaction.
Use of own vehicle was extensive.
Good management with knowledge of best practices.
Fair systems and technology.
interracial workplace
Shift Leader/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 21, 2017
Depending on the area you work in this can be a good learning experience. The two locations I have worked in are high in drugs and shootings. We have a lot of shoplifting taking place ,with no means of defence.
Its okay
Food Specialist, CSR, Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 21, 2017
Speedway is speedway, advancement is limited. The enviroment varies on the location you are working on. The hours varie and the pay os average at best.
Didnt like the job at all
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 20, 2017
The job doesn't pay well at all and the people there are very immature and rude. I definitely would never recommend anybody at all to work there. But the job was easy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedway LLC. Our community is ready to answer.