Speedway LLC Employee Reviews

Ok work place could have been better
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INNovember 2, 2017
Speedway was just not the place for me. Between all the females there with bad attitudes and customer that spit at you could of made my stress levels high. The manager was nice she had her moments but, she was sweet.
run for the hills
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHNovember 2, 2017
Don't waste your time applying or interviewing. Horrible management, upper management is just as bad, paid too low to deal with absolute insanity, company hires terrible employees in general so if you're looking for a good place to work and you're a good person run as far as you can. There's a reason they have an insane turnover rate and most people quit within 2 weeks.
Very Productive
Ohio - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 2, 2017
Good customer service, loved working here. Would recommend this job. Very friendly staff, everybody gets along. The managers are extremely nice and they would work around your schedule for you.
Too much stress, not enough pay....
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2017
Working for this company was the worst decision I ever made. The district manager was about as friendly as a rabid racoon and that was on a good day. The last store I was shuffled off to, had a mice infestion yet the district manager didn't even bother to let corporate office know about it.
Cons
Long hours, no work/life balance
Co-Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 2, 2017
You work 50+ hours each week, are expected to remember an unrealistic amount of information, and you don't get any breaks. The benefits are very nice, but it doesn't outweigh the physical and mental toll this puts on a person. Had I been told that there weren't any kind of breaks when I was interviewed, I'd never have taken the position. It's a very stressful position. There are some very unrealistic expectations of the associates and management, and they don't give you enough staff or hours to complete all necessary tasks adequately. There's no work/life balance, as they expect you to answer your phone on your days off, they change the schedule with little to no notice. Even though they offer good medical coverage, it's hard to find the time to use it, especially when you work during most normal business hours.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, health insurance, adoption assistance, and tuition reimbursement
Cons
No breaks, overworked and underpaid, no work/life balance, management and training not consistent in each store
Fast paced, but not to be taken lightly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Speedway, INNovember 1, 2017
Working for Speedway LLC was a fun time, but if you want a place that serves customers promptly don't expect it here. Too many things to do when customers want someone always at the counter. Highly understaffed with a line to the door would describe a good portion of the days.
Pros
Smoke breaks, flexible hours
Cons
Always a rush, inconsistant hours
This type of job is geared for students.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MINovember 1, 2017
Gas station retail that consists of maintaining gas pumps as well as the store. Pay wage is just above minimum wage and management during my time was unprofessional and unorganized.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Slow career advancement
Slow paced.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53207November 1, 2017
Just don't want to put my life on the line for $8.25 an hour. Got robbed multiple times within the 3 months I was there. Not evnough hours, got between 10-15 hours per week.
Fun place to work.
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYNovember 1, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. The managers were very respectful. I loved being around people. They were flexible when you needed a day off. I really loved my time working there.
Pros
Pto
Cons
shoplifters
Hard working & Fast paced atmosphere
Food Service Worker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 31, 2017
Being a Food Steward, making sure your on time every day helps. Since you are responsible for making the coffee & making sure it's hot & fresh, you have to be quick & friendly. Keeping things stocked was really important too.
Pros
worked on my own but sometimes had help from Management
Fun place to work and nice people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIOctober 31, 2017
Speedway was a very fun place to work and all of the people that I worked with when I was there were very nice people. I enjoyed working for speedway.
Pros
fast paced, lots of opportunity for advancement
Poor upper Corporate management
District Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 31, 2017
In the LPP Program you are barely trained on the daily functions. You are show the minimum for about 30 days and then dropped into a location. There is a VERY HIGH turn over rate simply because there are so many goal to reach on a daily, weekly and month basis. If selling points are not met "your terminated", if your reward card (MLCB) rate is below 60% "your terminated". There is absolutely no Work/life balance. If you are a LPP trainee you are on call 24/7 regardless of what you are doing. Upper "corporate" management are a bunch of egotistical jerks. You'll be expected to know what a 20+ year person knows even if your on your first day. The only good thing about working with this company was the benefits and the day to day team and customers I got to work with. I would avoid this company unless you have no other options. So much happier now that I left.
Semi-fast paced job requiring people skills.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAOctober 30, 2017
It was a nice job, largely due to my coworkers and management. Some customers were rude but our location next to the local police force was beneficial.
For the most part it was a great place to work.
Co manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYOctober 30, 2017
I loved my job as a manager there until my gm took a leave of absence and I was left to run the store by my self I was working tons of hours I couldn't think about or do anything without worrying about my store I over slept and was fired after keeping up with all of this for weeks.
Management staff sucked
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2017
Very high turn over rate. Low pay for the amount of work you have to do. Staff, including management, was very unreliable and never came to work. I would not recommend working here. I put my two week notice in and they took me off the schedule. Then fired me because I wanted to quit
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHOctober 29, 2017
Constant work, learned a lot about patience and having a good work ethic. Hours are pretty flexible. The staff is pretty friendly. You get a hands on experience with customer service, cooking, and unloading trucks.
Pros
Flexible hours, weekly pay
Cons
Short breaks, no free food
Changes are needed.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FLOctober 29, 2017
Reading some of these reviews, I swear it looks like either the DM or GM or even corporate writing them. The base of these reviews are unrealistic. Any company that has a high turnover of employees is a red flag. They are always understaffed. Daily call offs always. So you end up working double shifts. Closing shift your left with completing day shifts task because even though there was 4 to 5 people on day shift nothing was completed. And you are only 1 person left to do it all or get wrote up. Monthly promo's are always over estimated. Like why would they send a low end store 10 cases of one candy and another 10 cases of another candy when you still have back stock of the same candy that has been inventoried and reported in the system? There is no balance between work and home. Your on call 24/7. If management makes mistakes they will lay it on you. There is way to much favoritism. They will schedule you to work a closing shift only for you to open the the store 5 hours after you closed the store. Then expect you to be on your top game with no sleep. And granted you have to drive that way too. Putting yourself and the public at risk because of sleep deprivation. The stress is way to high. There is no in between. You work when your sick because there is never anyone to cover your shift. And though you show your loyalty to the company by doing so it still is not enough. Changes in upper management are desperately needed in order to keep the stores running more efficient and to keep staff from walking out. I've heard it from the maintenance man hired to work for Speedway to  more... the District Manager that ALL of the grandfathered employees from the company Speedway brought out were spoiled. And they were there now to if you will "police" them and get rid of them. But hey there were quite a few of us who did our jobs. And the reason there were so many long time faithful employees was because they took very good care of us. It wasn't that they spoiled us. And we were all excited at the beginning of this company. Until it was stated the above.  less
Pros
Cons
Alot.
loved working here
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNOctober 28, 2017
Some days I went in and opened up and got everything ready for the day. Some days I stayed and closed up for the day. I kept food cost down and took pride in my job.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
could be stressful when really busy.
Great place if you're fast pace
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Carroll, OHOctober 28, 2017
Good place to work if you like fast pace and moving around. Get to meet a diverse group of people whether you're working with them or as a customer. You get to meet a lot of people.
Fast paced and Demanding
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clyde, OHOctober 27, 2017
How the job goes depends on who you work with, most of the time its hard to find people who actually what to work or who actually do the job they are supposed to do. But it's not too bad great beginner job for high schoolers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedway LLC. Our community is ready to answer.