Speedway LLC Employee Reviews

Fast-paced work environment
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 11, 2017
A typical day at Speedway involved making coffee for the customers (on a regular basis), ringing customers through the Point Of Sales System, cleaning the bathroom, stocking the sales floor and cooler and cigarettes. As a manager, you did daily sales reports to see where your gross/net sales were for the previous business day. You balanced out the safe and you trained and developed employees. You created a team building atmosphere. Management above my level, looked out for the company, showed little interest helping the GM, but focused on store growth. Hardest part of the job included, dealing with unpleasant customers, and cleaning up after customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customers when they had a need and creating a positive work atmosphere for everyone who I worked with.
Pros
Great benefits, bonuses
Cons
long hours, low pay
if you don't want a life this is the place for you
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Lennon, MINovember 10, 2017
I gave 9 years to this company and ended up walking out to never return. Management was inflexible and unwilling to work with me while I attended school.
i hated this job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INNovember 10, 2017
i had no time out side of work didn't get brakes and the manger got fired 3 days after i left for not doing his job.not to mention the co worker didn't always do their jobs either.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portage, IN 46368November 9, 2017
Only thing i like about working here is weekly pay & flexible schedule. My manager is nice to me although there is a lot of gossip that goes on there, however if you just do your work & go home you wont have to deal w any.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Low pay
nice place to work
General Manager/ Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Oak, TXNovember 9, 2017
Issued paychecks to vendors and suppliers on a bi-weekly basis.
Handled cash and deposits using established accounting procedures and documentation. Processed payroll, electronic deposits and employee pay adjustments.
Processed journal entries, online transfers and payments.
Pros
discount
Cons
no breaks
Great and Friendly Work Environment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MINovember 9, 2017
I enjoyed working at Speedway Gas Station, the only down side was the fact they constantly wanted to shift employees to different stores based on making up sales, etc. Sometimes not an effective approach to how to raise sales.
Pros
Amazing Work Environment
Cons
Low Hours, Constantly Moving Employees Around.
Too Strict Uniform
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 8, 2017
The uniform is lite jewelry, belt, tucked in shirt. I'm sorry but that is too much for a gas station. I can understand the jewelry don't want to be robbed of your bling but the rest its over the top I had higher end customer service jobs that were looser on uniform. I worked over night the manager on property just wouldn't give me hours because she wanted to see me work a day shift but I wasn't able for that so cut hours. I needed extra money not waste of time so quit.
Pros
discount on snacks
Cons
non understanding managers
bosses are too busy for you and you dont have permanent placement
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  West Milwaukee, WINovember 8, 2017
if the bosses listened more and if it wasnt for the fact that once you become a shift lead or anything high the company can ship you anywhere they want whenever they wont it would be a better company
Cons
no lunch break
The most enjoyable part of the job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niles, MINovember 8, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job would be all the regular customers that would come in and chat with you. After working there for a couple weeks, I started to get to know all the regulars and what they were looking for.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Less pay
Very great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 8, 2017
very great place to work I was a customer service representative/ cashier there it's a great atmosphere very clean place to work the customers are great the employees are great.
Nice places to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCNovember 8, 2017
It was a nice place to work and manager was nice, some customers where nice's co workers where nice and easy to get a long with. No breaks and no discounts at the speedway store. Managers where always on there phone and expecting employes to do everything
Pros
No breaks
Cons
Could go out and smoke when it wasn't busy
it was fun
Black shirt (Former Employee) –  Connersville, INNovember 8, 2017
Manager was not fair across the board, got away with alot of things she should not have, very large turnover, manager did not do alot for the stores benefit was not a good person to work with or overall.
Gii
Household Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHNovember 7, 2017
Advised customers on the location, selection, price, and use of goods available from the store, with the aim of encouraging them to buy and to return to buy in the future
• Priced items and rotated stock by bringing old stock forward on shelves during quieter times
• Processed and received customer payments for goods by cash providing correct change as required
Slave Labor
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHNovember 7, 2017
I'll say this, don't expect to be treated as a human being if you work here. Sure the weekly pay is nice, but still not worth the broken promises, constant disrespect and inconsistancy. Basically the whole flexibility, benefits and advancement opportunity are but a ploy. Doesn't actually exist. There was no follow up with even receiving the proper amount of training prior to working on the register. The whole thing is a disorganized mess run by lazy poor management. They act ridiculously inferior to employees, meanwhile expecting you to work swing shifts no questions asked. What a complete waste of time. Better off working for Kroger.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No life. No breaks. No advancement.
Long Days
General Manager Trainer (Former Employee) –  Waterville, OHNovember 6, 2017
As a General Manager your days are often 12+ hours as stores are normally short staffed and you are often required to work 6 days a week. Most district managers are only concerned with making themselves look good and their bonuses.
Pros
Great 401k and insurance
Cons
Long days, poor work/life balance
Best place I worked
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYNovember 6, 2017
This is one of the best places I worked. Before I had my child and decided to take time off, I worked as a good service manager and had a great time. People were nice employees were fun to work with. Trained very well through the training programs. Given plenty of opportunities to advance and took them to continue to excel. Long hours but the money was good. After three months of working there as a shift leader (starting position) I began getting a bonus from the store on a monthly basis that could have been up to 600 dollars and as a good service manager it was 900 dollars. Store managers could receive up to 2400.
Pros
Good money, usually good customers, good workers.
Cons
some Shifts slacked leaving more work to be done in other shifts
Was Decent
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Paw Paw, MINovember 6, 2017
There were some political issues going on in the company. I was a whistle blower and I was let go. I was bringing to attention the many safety measures that were not being met.
working at speedway
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 6, 2017
I have worked for speedway for about 6 months. It has been very chaotic. I love my job and who I work with, it keeps me busy and on my toes. Just needs some tweaking.
Pros
pay
Cons
no lunch break, training
big supporters of children's miracle network
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MINovember 6, 2017
Fast paced working environment. Task in a day go from customer service to cleaning to stocking to outside maintenance to money handling. It's always busy and there's always something that can be done. We also did fun things like sell bracelets we made and other things to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network which our collecting went to the Helen Devos Children's Hospital. I was very impressed my district manager could tell us where the money we raised went.
Pros
quarterly bonus' if your store meets the requirements
Cons
breaks are only when you can find time to take one and never a long one
fast paced
General manager (Current Employee) –  dayton ohioNovember 5, 2017
This job is extremely fast paced and stressful. The lack of proper staffing makes it difficult to fulfill all job responsibilities in the required time frame. The staff is not paid properly for the duties expected of them.
Pros
solid company
Cons
no scheduled breaks or lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedway LLC. Our community is ready to answer.